Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/952993794529611776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

njsykora posted:

On Directchat, Chrom on Resetera who I think was the dude who called the one that happened last week is the one saying it. He says it's probably another mini one focused on more smaller stuff and not to get too hyped, then there'll be a proper big one next month.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/952992961893208066

No, please. I can't take more games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Follow up, probably not a Direct but there is something happening on Thursday.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/952996646576623616

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope it's another nindies event.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fremry posted:

Huge thing I just realized that was recommended in this thread that I wouldn’t have done if I knew the consequences. I put a tempered glass screen on my Switch like 6 months ago and finally decided that I was fed up with the reflective finish. Removing the screen removes the matte finish. I never would have put the screen protector on if I knew that was the case.

Ughhh, I can’t imagine there’s any way to fix this.

Can you post a pic? I've got the same one but have no problems with it yet. Guess it's staying. :v:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Larrymer posted:

Can you post a pic? I've got the same one but have no problems with it yet. Guess it's staying. :v:

I took it off on purpose because I wanted the matte finish instead of the reflective one of the tempered glass. When I removed it it was just as reflective as the glass.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Virtual console and video streaming :pray:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Should have put a matte one over the glass one I guess

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rolo posted:

Hwuh?

Source.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-rumor-archive.16589/ might be the only good thread on that hellfire castoff site which for some reason, has real people posting real info who have proven track records (talking about stuff like TWEWY before the mini direct, that kinda thing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7qjo14/resetera_insider_smaller_direct_this_thursday_a/

there might be another smaller direct this week with a proper one in feb.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 15, 2018

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I hope it's another nindies event.

Another Nindies thing would be good. Ultimate Chicken Horse is suppose to hit sometime soon, and the Night in the Woods devs kind of teased they might be doing a Switch release. Also we still need Hollow Knight info.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The NITW guys all but confirmed a Switch release.

IIRC it's still in Early Access but I really, really want Gang Beasts on Switch, it would be absolutely perfect for that platform.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The new direct is 100% dedicated to the Detective Pikachu amiibo, that's right folks this monster amiibo is just too big to cover in less than twenty minutes. Special guest Griffin McElroy hosts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Darkest Dungeon comes out Thursday 🤔

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anyone thinking Smash Bros would get announced anywhere but an E3 direct is high as gently caress

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I doubt, even when the emulator works decently, that it’ll be able to connect and play online with people on actual hardware so I wouldn’t worry about that.

The Wii U emulator does that now I believe, so it's doable, but not anytime soon.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Macaluso posted:

Darkest Dungeon comes out Thursday 🤔

But I'm bored now!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC it's still in Early Access but I really, really want Gang Beasts on Switch, it would be absolutely perfect for that platform.

Gang Beasts is out of Early Access and got a PS4 release as well, which makes me think Sony tossed some money at that game for console exclusivity.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The Dragon Quest Builders demo might have sold me on the PS4 version because I can't wait to play this. I'm gonna have to buy something else to distract me from building mud huts for the next three weeks.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Did they ever actually get the servers working? Me and 3 friends bought it and played maybe 10% of the time we tried to while in party because it practically refuses to connect us together.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Wii U emulator does that now I believe, so it's doable, but not anytime soon.

Really? That’s crazy.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Gang Beasts is actually out of Early Access now! It's a recent change that I hope bodes well for a Switch port. :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Really? That’s crazy.

Yeah, you need a Nintendo ID and everything and they warn you not to use yours in case Nintendo has a way of detecting it. It's quite impressive they managed to pull it off.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Is someone gonna tell that guy that the Switch doesn’t have a matte screen out of the box?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Being able to change the ARMS controls makes it so much more enjoyable than the demo last year. Game good, thank you sale for getting me to impulse purchase it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Mahoning posted:

Is someone gonna tell that guy that the Switch doesn’t have a matte screen out of the box?

I dont really understand what he means by a matte screen? Like, one that wouldn't reflect light?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

I dont really understand what he means by a matte screen? Like, one that wouldn't reflect light?

One where the colors don't pop

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

From what I can tell, he is under the impression that the standard Switch screen (sans screen protectors) has a matte finish and his reflective screen protector somehow stripped this matte finish away when he removed it.

This is not true, the Switch screen is not matte in any way shape or form unless you put some sort of matte screen protector on it.

edit to further explain: typically a matte finish has a certain look and feel to it, less smooth and doesn’t reflect as much light as a glossy finish. Lots of laptops come with a matte finish to their screen, same with many/most lcd TVs

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 15, 2018

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

If it was a matte screen I wouldn't have to look at my ugly loving face on every loading screen when I play in bed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad that post wasn't just me losing my mind and not understanding basic concepts

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
https://twitter.com/Netflixhelps/status/952976543986274304

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I love matte finishes on touch screens, such a joy to use.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nintendo screenz

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm in world 4 of Rayman Legends and I've gone from disliking to hating the art design. Why is everything so aggressively ugly?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shredder posted:

If it was a matte screen I wouldn't have to look at my ugly loving face on every loading screen when I play in bed

I find it a good time to perfect my smile

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The latest South Park game might be coming to Switch

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there a game update log anywhere inside the Switch, like the PS4 has?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

My friend is like legit upset with me because I told him I was buying the PS4 version of Dark Souls Remastered over the Switch one. I just couldn't get through to him that Dark Souls is probably the last game on the planet that would benefit from being on a portable, fragile system.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

enojy posted:

My friend is like legit upset with me because I told him I was buying the PS4 version of Dark Souls Remastered over the Switch one. I just couldn't get through to him that Dark Souls is probably the last game on the planet that would benefit from being on a portable, fragile system.

Enjoy not playing Dark Souls on the shitter idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Enjoy not playing Dark Souls on the shitter idiot

:yeah:

• Locked thread