Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
gently caress you if you didn't enjoy the SPYpod scatting ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
tights and fights is worse than post-Bill Hanstock Rudo Radio in terms of wrestling podcasts. Griffin was on two great episodes before Bill left and without Rudo Radio's Griffin guest spots, you would have no Jeff Angel.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Not Operator posted:

gently caress you if you didn't enjoy the SPYpod scatting ad.

I must have missed this one or something, because I know how much Dave loves scatting.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Welllll hoopity dop dob, a scoopity ding dong...
https://soundcloud.com/stop-podcasting-yourself/july-2017-promo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

tights and fights is worse than post-Bill Hanstock Rudo Radio in terms of wrestling podcasts. Griffin was on two great episodes before Bill left and without Rudo Radio's Griffin guest spots, you would have no Jeff Angel.

wait what, am I having a stroke and misreading or did I somehow miss Sweet Baby Griffin on Rudo Radio?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

wait what, am I having a stroke and misreading or did I somehow miss Sweet Baby Griffin on Rudo Radio?

Episode 30 and 47. 30 is also the beginning of, "Gross Old Man Rick Flair" when the forbidden Becky Stolen Kiss happens at the Royal Rumble. 47 is also Bill Hanstock's final episode, and should be the last episode you listen to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Episode 30 and 47. 30 is also the beginning of, "Gross Old Man Rick Flair" when the forbidden Becky Stolen Kiss happens at the Royal Rumble. 47 is also Bill Hanstock's final episode, and should be the last episode you listen to.

weird I remember his last episode well but totally spaced Griffin was there.

Welp time to relisten to the good times.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

weird I remember his last episode well but totally spaced Griffin was there.

Welp time to relisten to the good times.

Oh, and I forgot 40! That's where Griff went to Wrestlemania weekend in Dallas.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Of course it starts with "Welllll a". That's pretty good, but I have no idea how this sounds to someone who doesn't listen to them already.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I didn't realize anyone ever listened to podcast ads instead of fast-forwarding them as soon as they begin. If anything I like that on MBMBAM they start with a musical sting and end with the sound of other peoples' voices, makes it very easy to tell when they start and stop. Are you all browsing the internet without adblock too?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dolash posted:

I didn't realize anyone ever listened to podcast ads instead of fast-forwarding them as soon as they begin. If anything I like that on MBMBAM they start with a musical sting and end with the sound of other peoples' voices, makes it very easy to tell when they start and stop. Are you all browsing the internet without adblock too?

I mostly listen to podcasts when I'm doing something like walking my dogs so I don't usually have a free hand to skip forward

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If you can afford such luxuries as dogs, cars, or things to do with your hands in general, then you deserve to be the helpless target of capitalist brainwashing, bougie scum.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I mostly listen to podcasts when I'm doing something like walking my dogs so I don't usually have a free hand to skip forward

maximum fun would like people like you to know about an exciting company that will ship you hats for your dogs once a month

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like the Baby Geniuses (?) ad where there's a solid minute of fine text narration of a list when we get the joke after like 5 seconds.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I have two feelings regarding podcast ads.

1)
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/935183900367884288

2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8_bUBXaOY

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

The only ones I listen to are the Money Zone, because you get poo poo like the above, the debut of Garfield the Deals Warlock, and the Extreme Restraints ads.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wasn’t the original Coldplay callout in the money zone

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wasnt the original Coldplay callout in the money zone

It was a jumbotron message

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I heard part of a podcast my wife was listening to where the hosts jammed an ad into the advice they were giving. And not in the funny, obvious way the brothers have done a couple times. It made me appreciate the Money Zone a little more.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

You know what hasn't gotten a new episode in a while? The Mcelroy Brothers Will Be in Trolls 2, but the Other Stars of Trolls 2 Will Not Be on This Podcast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was a jumbotron message

Same thing maaaaan

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Thats a good bit but that animatic sucks. Griffin so beefy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also not really a lot of ani in that animatic. It's just the same drawings of them but with different faces and sometimes zoomed in.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Stroop There It Is posted:

The only ones I listen to are the Money Zone, because you get poo poo like the above, the debut of Garfield the Deals Warlock, and the Extreme Restraints ads.

I listen to the whole ad section of MBMBAM (minus the other MaxFun ad) because the brothers are usually together to riff. I always skip Adventure Zone or scenarios where it's just one of the bros talking about the product/ jumbotron by themself.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

TAZ moneyzone is very bad. MBMBaM moneyzone gave us edible pro flowers which was wonderful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've been listening to MBMBAM backwards and haven't got to the age of extreme restraints yet, but I got a preview in one of their best-ofs and I'm looking forward to it.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Thats a good bit but that animatic sucks. Griffin so beefy

Thicc boy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Just wait until BeardVape gets an advertising spot on MaxFun!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've been listening to MBMBAM backwards and haven't got to the age of extreme restraints yet, but I got a preview in one of their best-ofs and I'm looking forward to it.

I've been listening to it forward from the start, and let me tell you, they were a treat. I think they were honestly an important part of the brothers' development and growth as people - and by development I mean their willingness to describe detailed sex acts without batting an eye.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Mcelroys during their first Extreme Restraints ad: Our next sponsor is, um, that is to say. Um.

The Mcelroys during their tenth Extreme Restraints ad: Let’s go around the table and compare how far we each prefer our scrotums to be stretched.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My favorite podcast ads are the ones where the hosts can barely contain their disdain for the product they're advertising.

Hell, I'd listen to a podcast where that's the entire show.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think my favorite ad read is when jeff gerstmann had to describe monster musume on crunchyroll during a giant bombcast ad read. It was very clearly NOT the anime he wanted to be talking about on crunchyroll(that's polar bear cafe)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGOvMXR9kGk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Take it to the giantbomb thread

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

the only good podcast ad reads were from the greatest era of McElroy Podcasting, Extreme Restraints.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

inthesto posted:

My favorite podcast ads are the ones where the hosts can barely contain their disdain for the product they're advertising.

Hell, I'd listen to a podcast where that's the entire show.

That's been a few episodes of Hollywood Handbook

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like the comedy bang bang ones where Scott’s doing his best but he clearly doesn’t understand what the product he’s advertising is

“It’s an app that lets you send money directly from your banking app...wow, haven’t we all wanted to do that?” His commitment to refusing to learn what a landing page is until the advertiser specifically told him was a solid bit too

That said, are podcast networks really rolling in so much money that they can let their hosts actively disparage their sponsors during ad reads? You’d think they’d want to keep that to a minimum but maybe there are enough sponsors jumping at the chance to buy ad space on a podcast that they can get away with it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Having a reputation for slamming your sponsors probably doesn't look good for potential new sponsors unsure of how the hosts might regard their product.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

where's mbmbam?

also, if you like mbmbam you'd probably like SPY imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've tried, never been able to make it longer than five minutes