Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Ok ha e never made an anime reference in my life.

Genex turn avatars off, idiot!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Prince of Space posted:

Either way, since Slasher Hawke is supposed to be dead and Birdstrike shouldn't be posting whatsoever in the thread, I'm going to make a request to Podima that he ban both Slasher Hawke and Birdstrike from his games in the future.

Anti-Town and Anti-Diamond Dog.

Son, you just made my poo poo list.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Prince of Space posted:

Slasher Hawke had his alt account(?) Birdstrike post up a vocal recording of himself jacking off gloating in a terrible Batman-voice about the status of the war.

It's possibly just gibberish he's putting out there for funsies, it possibly also contains coded messages to the scum in this thread.

Either way, since Slasher Hawke is supposed to be dead and Birdstrike shouldn't be posting whatsoever in the thread, I'm going to make a request to Podima that he ban both Slasher Hawke and Birdstrike from his games in the future.

It's just about word for word a quote from mgs the twin snakes post credits scene, with the names changed and "catapults" instead of "metal gear rex".

Here's a video of the MGS scene.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Venom Soag posted:

Anti-Town and Anti-Diamond Dog.

Son, you just made my poo poo list.

How in the Sam hell was I not on your poo poo list before?

Also Slasher Hawke was scum, if you recall. Anti-Diamond Dog is a Pro-Town move in this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birb asked for permission first, that was a mod-approved vocal recording.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Mithross posted:

It's just about word for word a quote from mgs the twin snakes post credits scene, with the names changed and "catapults" instead of "metal gear rex".

Here's a video of the MGS scene.

Thanks! That would help explain the reply I just got from Podima, saying that he'd pre-approved Birdstrike's post.

I am still not a fan of non-players coming in and interrupting the flow of discussion, discussion that was centered on Venom Soag.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Prince of Space posted:

It's possibly just gibberish he's putting out there for funsies, it possibly also contains coded messages to the scum in this thread.

What is even happening here.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Prince of Space posted:

Thanks! That would help explain the reply I just got from Podima, saying that he'd pre-approved Birdstrike's post.

I am still not a fan of non-players coming in and interrupting the flow of discussion, discussion that was centered on Venom Soag.

Lest anyone forget that you think I’m scum.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bet when bif votes for me you got all slobbery. Best day of your life right there.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hell, saem

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Gamerofthegame posted:

can we all agree to focus down prince of space for being the least fun or funny person in sa

Please do, I beg of you! :wave:

If anything, I'd label my play-style as 'suicidal, immediately-regretted-signing-up-and-just-wants-the-game-to-end town.' You'd be doing me a favor!

Venom Soag posted:

Bet when bif votes for me you got all slobbery. Best day of your life right there.

This already happened to me, just today. I woke up, saw that Ma/Bif was ACTUALLY voting for you, Venom Soag! I switched my vote off of Atomic Soda and back onto you, and then Ma/Bif rounded on me for doing so. My time for being slobbery for the sake of justice was far too short today, I'm afraid. I'll just have to wait for tomorrow!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Birb asked for permission first, that was a mod-approved vocal recording.

I really, really appreciate ya'll granting it, it was smile-worthy in a dark day

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Why can't we all be friends???

Also as if I would spend money on a picture, especially one I never see

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

peramene posted:

I really, really appreciate ya'll granting it, it was smile-worthy in a dark day

Same, it was fantastic.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 5:

:cheers: You hammered early, so nobody new is ON NOTICE! Little Mac, Mithross, and Retro Futurist are still ON NOTICE! :cheers:

~~~

He'd slipped up, and bad - without thinking about it, the Spanish had just popped right out when Ma asked him what happened during the last battle. "Hola mamá, ¡me quedé atónito, lo siento!"

After that - well, what more was there to say? As the gunfire broke up the beauty of a proper Texan sunset, Ma let out a quiet breath of relief. Another one down - but it wasn't over yet, not by a long shot.

quote:

Friends are so important. You love having friends. New friends everywhere you go. You help them, they help you. Other people don't understand your friends. They want to eat your friends. Maybe your friends should eat them instead.
:rip: Atomic Soda, aka Carlito, SCUM-aligned Light, was executed on Day 5! :rip:

:cheers: Day ability results are being distributed shortly in your sheets. You will only receive results if you used an ability or if something happened to you. :cheers:

~~~

BATTLEFIELD: The Alamo

quote:

Texans already suffered a severe loss here, forever etched into their state's history and memory. Under the sun's punishing heat that bakes the earth dry, the spirits of bygone times inspire some to greatness.
DEFENDED: May only be attacked if the División del Norte has achieved victory at Palo Alto.
Universal Effect: All Desperadoes/Vaqueros receive the effects of the IMPETUOUS status for the duration of this battle, regardless of HP. All other players suffer -1 Stamina for the duration of this battle. (HP is not affected.)

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Anidav		Bifauxnen	busb
Little Mac	Mithross	Natural20

Kashuno		TMMadman	Tobbs Gnawed
IllegallySober	King Burgundy	The Lord of Hats
		DdN
:cheers: Preliminary phase starts now. You have ~14 hours to use Preliminary abilities, until 9:30 AM EST tomorrow. Remember that you can only use Preliminary abilities if in the battle party, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please do not submit Battle abilities at this time. :cheers:

:siren: If you have a Preliminary ability and are NOT using it, please put a N/A in your sheet - if everyone who can submit a Preliminary action either does so or indicates they are not using one, I may be able to process early. :siren:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welly well well

King Burgundy posted:

I see you are scared of being in the front row again.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Oh that is a rough looking battle.

Stay safe Bif.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Ah gently caress they got a scum too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav, make sure to check your character sheet. Nat20 said he had high spirit, so that thing of yours sounds good on him. But did you imply having something more interesting as well, before...?

busb, make sure you don't shoot TMM. Remember that range thing he claimed. Maybe Kash too... why don't you help out on Tobbs, hey?

Nat20, LMac, go all out with your melee on TMM. I'll look after the rest.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Atomic Soda flipping a Light makes me think that she shot a ranged attack into our front row in Battle 4.

This would account for the extra source of damage that was targeted on me that fight.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I am also high spirit, so you have a couple of options

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Prince of Space posted:

Atomic Soda flipping a Light makes me think that she shot a ranged attack into our front row in Battle 4.

This would account for the extra source of damage that was targeted on me that fight.

How do you know there was an extra source of damage? You just get told “X damage received”.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Interesting battle line up.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Venom Soag posted:

How do you know there was an extra source of damage? You just get told “X damage received”.

I received a fair amount more damage than Little Mac did, even though we were both hit by the same Area of Effect attack that GameroftheGame shot at us.

Since I have good reasons to believe Little Mac's battle reports, that tells me there was a second source of damage on me.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Thank u that is all very useful :sun:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

tpink posted:

Interesting battle line up.

King Burgundy’s finest

VS

The people Bif mistrusts the least

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

You shouldn't fail this time. If someone new pops in, shoot them instead since they should be a softer target than Tobbs.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

RF came through with the Shine?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh btw are any of y'all fire-resistant

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The Enemy and You: Mexican Menace!
What to expect:

Kashuno - Tactician. Advisor. Has used his OPG. Expect a single target ranged attack on our back row.
TMMadman - Tactician. Advisor. Has used his OPG. Expect a single target ranged attack on our back row.
Tobbs Gnawed - Scout. Has used his OPG. Expect a low-damage single-target ranged attack on our back row.
IllegallySober - Light? Expect an Area of Effect ranged attack on our front row.
King Burgerdee - Leader. Chicken. Expect an Area of Effect ranged attack on our front row.
The Lord of Hats - Shiner/Medic? Expect a poison effect to be applied to our front row.

Basically there's gonna be a lot of death, so make Ma/Bif proud! It is a good day to die! :patriot:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

King Burgerdee - Leader. Chicken. Expect an Area of Effect ranged attack on our front row.

There you go again just making blind assumptions

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh btw it should go without saying but anyone with OPG's left should use em if they got em

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Uh it was the wrong thing then? I didn't get any stat changes. What you gave me (I assume) doesnt change anything nor would it on anybody else. Maybe resolution is still ongoing...

yes I have a shine, and another unexpected shine too.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bifauxnen posted:

There you go again just making blind assumptions

Yeah, I'll try and stop that - I don't know what powers and abilities y'all're up against but I really hope y'all make it out okay - that goes especially fer Ma/Bif!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Uh it was the wrong thing then? I didn't get any stat changes. What you gave me (I assume) doesnt change anything nor would it on anybody else. Maybe resolution is still ongoing...

yes I have a shine, and another unexpected shine too.

Cheers, RF

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Venom Soag posted:

What am I meant to do, whine like a child and self vote?

Push on confirmed scum, atomic soda? I thought you were supposed to be good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Push on confirmed scum, atomic soda? I thought you were supposed to be good.

No one needs to "push on" someone I say is guaranteed scum from some action gotcha. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
When im town and someone said "im gonna vote you" when theres a confirmed scum in this game, why would your first reaction be some one liner?

I get that you two are pals but if venom is going to have invicibility because of your personal relationship then im just gonna opt out.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

When im town and someone said "im gonna vote you" when theres a confirmed scum in this game, why would your first reaction be some one liner?

I get that you two are pals but if venom is going to have invicibility because of your personal relationship then im just gonna opt out.

God you are so whiny. She voted for me, she’s suss on me, she’s not putting me in battle but you’re like A BOO HOO HOO IF SOAG DOESNT GET VOTED OUT IM NOT GONNA PLAY.

The grossest, shittiest meta play I’ve ever seen. You should be loving ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to be posting significantly less often from this point forward.

• Locked thread