Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is that damage dealt by or to a champ bc if it's damage to that Tris got bodied so hard I had to make sure it wasbt me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

does garen have a hard time vs vlad top or did i just suck poo poo

ranked is scary, even in these placements i feel entirely outclassed

Garen does pretty well into Vlad; Vlad is a weak laner and Garen's silence lets him set up kills on Vlad with the junglers help early and if Garen snowballs and builds dmg Vlad can't walk up anymore for fear of being flash Q'd and murdered. Eventually Vlad outscales though.

The most common mistake people have against new Vlad is not respecting his empowered Q. When his resource bar is filled just back off and wait for him to drain a minion, then you have like 20 seconds to punish him.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

What is the best Jarvan skin folks

Warring Kingdoms, without question.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Out of the good tops currently whats the easiest to play right now? Nasus? Illaoi?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Alright who let Benghazi 2 and Addamere out of shitheadville and why aren't they being sent back where they belong immediately

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

frajaq posted:

Out of the good tops currently whats the easiest to play right now? Nasus? Illaoi?

Probably Nasus. Illaoi still has to hit her E to do anything early, but Nasus can still just do the Nasus thing where he sits and farms for 20 minutes and then utterly crushes the game. Might change in 8.2 when they rework gold gen items, though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Is that damage dealt by or to a champ bc if it's damage to that Tris got bodied so hard I had to make sure it wasbt me

"Total damage to champions" is the damage that champion has dealt to other champions. It's usually a better indicator of usefulness for carries than KDA or total damage outside of some outliers (pokers naturally do more damage than bursters, pushers do more damage to objectives and creeps, etc). Also total damage done rather than done to champions is any kind of damage so you get wacky outliers like Ivern doing hundreds of thousands of true damage because of how his passive is coded.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Luna Was Here posted:

Alright who let Benghazi 2 and Addamere out of shitheadville and why aren't they being sent back where they belong immediately

And yet you still are free

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kisses

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

And yet you still are free

Had to have a least one idiot to run the discord might as well have been me

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

does anyone have the old kingcobweb "how to play support miss fortune" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX_deR7ORzo

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
[wipes sweat off brow] phew, been a tough one running the discord today

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

frajaq posted:

if teemo is still good the answer to this is teemo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

frajaq posted:

You can still run over low elo with E max Nasus. It just outpushes everything in top lane and it's not close.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

rabidsquid posted:

if teemo is still good the answer to this is teemo

I agree

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sexpansion posted:

You can still run over low elo with E max Nasus. It just outpushes everything in top lane and it's not close.

that sounds kinda funny, will try that if I can

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

frajaq posted:

that sounds kinda funny, will try that if I can
Take Klepto and start Ancient Coin/Refillable. I'm not joking. It's really good.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

You have no idea how much work I put into deleting human feet Kirby posts

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

if you build ap and do this mid you can clown on people up to low plat who have no idea how to deal with a tank guy that hard pushes with minimal risk

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this thread got real hostile suddenly

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think doing this sort of thing with Jhin is the greatest feeling, you warn them heavily with the first 3 shots and some people will try and outwit the fourth and you'll just take dragon or baron.

ive lost baron twice in the last month to people not realizing that the fourth shot is gonna deal more than smite is and trying to burn it instead of stopping. they were both stomps so it didn't do anything besides waste 5 minutes of time but its pretty annoying.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

if you build ap and do this mid you can clown on people up to low plat who have no idea how to deal with a tank guy that hard pushes with minimal risk

this is true, proven by verifiable facts

e: real talk I only did this a little last season but I had like an 80% nasus win rate

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 16, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Radical posted:

this thread got real hostile suddenly

The ranked season has started so we have about 3 more days of peace before Methanar starts posting scoreboard.jpgs and whining about his losing streak.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

The ranked season has started so we have about 3 more days of peace before Methanar starts posting scoreboard.jpgs and whining about his losing streak.

picture of him with a 18/0/22 scoreline on anivia and his jungler saying "report mid for unskilled" in post game chat

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

picture of him with a 18/0/22 scoreline on anivia and his jungler saying "report mid for unskilled" in post game chat

THis is how I fall asleep when my mind is racing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

im the hairy legs

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

lol

edit: I legit appreciate you moderating the discord Luna even if you are an idiot noob feeder.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rygar201 posted:

What is the best Jarvan skin folks

commando

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

i agree

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We need a Star Guardian Jarvan skin ASAP.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Shortest Path posted:

We need a Star Guardian Jarvan skin ASAP.

real talk there hasn't been a J4 skin in years, I do really want to see a new one.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

jarvan skin where he has a cartoon vaudeville hook and drops barber poles

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

lol

edit: I legit appreciate you moderating the discord Luna even if you are an idiot noob feeder.

Which is weird because I moderate you the most

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

a medical mystery posted:

jarvan skin where he has a cartoon vaudeville hook and drops barber poles

this would be a pretty great april fools/halloween skin idea

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got written up at work today and sent home because my timecard was inaccurate too many times so now ive got a whole lot of time to enjoy the new ranked season at least

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I get J4 and xin mixed up a lot since they are stylistically the same hero

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

gowb posted:

I get J4 and xin mixed up a lot since they are stylistically the same hero

Startled to see this level of bigotry infiltrate the thread.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lu Bu J4 is the best Jarvan skin. His spear gets a heat mirage effect when you use Q, and the outfit is great.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Me, with the Warring Kingdoms J4 skin on my way to Diamond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOeZv4BDVk

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

these missions to play ranked suck because they're making me play against people who know what they're doing and there's always at least one person on my team who tilts insanely every time instead of only every other game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The mission is basically just do your placements which isn't too bad.