Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sagebrush posted:

but also the one with Armin Tamzarian
i get how this episode was bad for the show, and specifically Skinner's character, but it's also REALLY FUNNY

I only watched it this year expecting it to be the worst thing ever and it's still better than probably any episode of Family Guy

also the best episodes are Homer/Lisa episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

I appreciate you.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Paul no that's sleeper awakening juice!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The principal and the pauper was awesome

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Wait, there are people who don't like the Armin Tamzarian episode?

That episode has one of my favorite lines in the series: "They gave me a choice — jail, the army, or apologizing to the judge and the old lady.
Now of course, if I knew there was a war going on, I probably would've apologized."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

pseudosavior posted:

Wait, there are people who don't like the Armin Tamzarian episode?

That episode has one of my favorite lines in the series: "They gave me a choice — jail, the army, or apologizing to the judge and the old lady.
Now of course, if I knew there was a war going on, I probably would've apologized."

From what I understand, a lot of people felt betrayed or something by the rewriting of an established character's backstory, and then the hand-waving "never speak of this again under penalty of torture" status quo restorer at the end. I never fully understood the hate for it, but I do have to admit that it was a bit of a weak episode, especially considering it was the last for Oakley and Weinstein.

Apparently a lot of people also dislike Homer's Enemy, and that's basically because it makes Homer look like the bad guy or something, which I never understood. That one's one of my favorites.

e: The Principal and the Pauper also had "Up yours, children!" which is still one of my favorite lines, so maybe it's not as weak as I think.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

SpacePig posted:

From what I understand, a lot of people felt betrayed or something by the rewriting of an established character's backstory, and then the hand-waving "never speak of this again under penalty of torture" status quo restorer at the end.

Considering all the inane meta-humor and absurd nonsense generated through shitposting and endless iterations of Steamed Hams, one would think that that kind of an absurdist wink at the concept of metanarrative would be adored, if not at least appreciated.

SpacePig posted:

e: The Principal and the Pauper also had "Up yours, children!" which is still one of my favorite lines, so maybe it's not as weak as I think.

It also had the Crapweeds and Scumdrops bit, and the "what is going on, and why is everyone in the car?" scene, which are both great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And I remember this being a thing for a bit.

Also the DBZ Shaggy meme has evolved

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A lot of people, including Skinner's voice actor, hate the episode because of its clichéd and pointless plot.

... And they didn't catch on that it's meant to be parody, not genuinely trying to make the news with Skinner is a phony! Omg!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How the gently caress is that even a question, of course a straw only has one hole???

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Montalvo posted:

How the gently caress is that even a question, of course a straw only has one hole???

It has two holes

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
One would argue that it has one continuous hole

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

An analysis of the The language game of the word "hole" reveals no strict definition and meaning depending on use and context.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Montalvo posted:

Follow up question: how many holes do your pants have?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
and is your fly open?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Montalvo posted:

It has two? Or do you consider your pants to also only have one hole?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A properly constructed, undamaged drinking straw is a continuous surface with zero holes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jedrick posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah I don't get the synthwave one, I've never seen anyone post about it ever

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

A properly constructed, undamaged drinking straw is a continuous surface with zero holes.

*Ahem* you seem to be making some very problematic assumptions about the shape's Genus.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
“So what got you to pursue a PhD in topology?”
“Internet memes.”

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Karate Bastard posted:

*Ahem* you seem to be making some very problematic assumptions about the shape's Genus.

I don't think the shape's even that smart, much less a genius

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
oh now the comma dropped

*Ahem* you seem to be making some very problematic assumptions about the shapes, Genius.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol how complicated could shapes even be.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Lol how complicated could shapes even be.

Let's see! We'll check the table.

*rolls 4 dimensional hyper-icosahedron*

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

el dingo posted:

One would argue that it has one continuous hole

But enough about my mother.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

RareAcumen posted:

Also the DBZ Shaggy meme has evolved

Mind sharing the source post for this? Can't find it anywhere.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Let's see! We'll check the table.

*rolls 4 dimensional hyper-icosahedron*

one quick google search away, I have a headache and an otherdimensional overfiend has flown out of a rift in the floor

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Montalvo posted:

Are your mouth and your rear end in a top hat the same hole?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phanatic posted:

Are your mouth and your rear end in a top hat the same hole?

Technically, yeah they are

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Topologically.....yeah!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A straw is a standard torus, same as a coffee cup.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you don't respect topology, I have nothing to say to you.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

A straw is a standard torus, same as a coffee cup.

Coffee cup not toroid.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
If coffee cups were hairy you could comb them just fine. A hairy ball, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD-TrPW-V4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smashing Link posted:

Coffee cup not toroid.

it's not a torus but it's topologically identical to one

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Anything's an rear end in a top hat if you're brave enough.

no wait

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pseudosavior posted:

Considering all the inane meta-humor and absurd nonsense generated through shitposting and endless iterations of Steamed Hams, one would think that that kind of an absurdist wink at the concept of metanarrative would be adored, if not at least appreciated.

It started a trend of writing lazy plots and then intentionally acknowledging them to excuse the laziness.

q.v. "the children were rescued by, I don't know, let's say...Moe."

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p2msiqH43E1wmf3uu.mp4