Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Storm!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The dreaded SALVE!

I mean I get that getting Ben-Gay in your eyes would royally suck, but that really doesn't translate to wrestling at all.
Yes that was my biggest problem with the match.

That and all this time I thought it was pronounced Josef-us, not Joseef-us.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm about halfway through it and Jocephus has 0 offense in. Tim Storm doesn't seem to be too interested in actually hurting Joco tho. Just sorta gently throwing him into things.

I'm sorry but if you can't pulp a dude's eyes after repeated gouges you're weak.

e: the finish?! OMFG WHAT IS THIS HORSESHIT?!?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

my boy jocephus gonna win the title :unsmith:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I wish gifs had sound because Tim Storm yelling "IM A SCHOOLTEACHER" as he throws chairs into the ring is a pretty great line.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pathetic little tramp posted:

I wish gifs had sound because Tim Storm yelling "IM A SCHOOLTEACHER" as he throws chairs into the ring is a pretty great line.

Hmmmmmm yes, if only there was a way to have motion and sound together....

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Hmmmmmm yes, if only there was a way to have motion and sound together....

videos aren't as easy to share as gifs. Still, here is what I viewed as the best moment of the NWA number 1 contender's match

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want all of Tim Storm's dialogue in the first 10 minutes of the match to be replaced with "I'm the eyehole man. Give me back my eyeholes" from Rick and Morty.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So this is what that TEW fed with F- in everything is like

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

This was my first thought, but more so when you’re trying to get the hang of it first and you only have three guys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

I want all of Tim Storm's dialogue in the first 10 minutes of the match to be replaced with "I'm the eyehole man. Give me back my eyeholes" from Rick and Morty.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

i wanted to do this and then i got carried away and basically made a botchamania ending so enjoy

https://streamable.com/au0ya

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

i wanted to do this and then i got carried away and basically made a botchamania ending so enjoy

It's fantastic :)

"IS TIM STORM 50!?!"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah. This. NECW. SSW. NWA: MS, you get the idea.
(I'm actually running as NECW in my 0/0/0 96 game)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

John Dudebro posted:

Holy poo poo you took a great idea and made it better.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

John Dudebro posted:

You are a wonderful, wonderful person.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

Holy cow this is the best thing ever posted on this dead forum

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

John Dudebro posted:

god drat, dude

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

John Dudebro posted:

hahahaha

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That works perfectly.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Eyehole Man should definitely be Tim Storm's new gimmick.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
You sent that to maffew for an ending right

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I genuinely do like that upon buying the NWA, Corgan didn't just immediately strip Storm of the title and put it on his guy. He felt the need to tell a story, build Tim Story up, and provide a context for everything before transitioning to a new champion and challenger.

Unfortunately, all it has done is make me like and care about Tim Storm more and more and care about the other 2 NWA wrestlers less and less. Magnus could not be less of a thing right now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

checksin posted:

You sent that to maffew for an ending right

Please do this

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, all things considered this was probably Storm's best match? He didn't have to move so much that he was gassed three minutes in and there was no actual wrestling which is an added bonus.

Also, Jocephus for champ please. Magnus is so boring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only thing I didn't like about the match was Jocephus didn't get the hot start. Storm punched him around the arena and managed to only vaguely wind Jocephus.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBxw6BbSbg

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Of everything you could call back to? NWA:TNA?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Harley Race called upon Billy and pretty much threatened to end him on the spot if he was ever name dropped again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

Harley Race called upon Billy and pretty much threatened to end him on the spot if he was ever name dropped again.

Harley Race loving owns. I also believe he could still do it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

What!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope he did in that quiet, sinister voice from that sitdown promo he did back in the 80s.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

If that's true it seems to only apply to videos because they just had this PR piece:

quote:

In an announcement made today via video, the current, reigning and defending NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis is embarking on a unique challenge with the famed Ten Pounds of Gold. Starting on Sunday, February 11th at Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, Nick Aldis is setting out to reestablish the idea of the traveling Worlds Heavyweight Champion. The gauntlet Aldis plans to run entitled the Aldis Crusade with Ten Pound of Gold will see the champion defend the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship over sixty days against twenty plus different opponents across different continents from North America, Europe and Asia.

Represented by the legendary Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol, Nick Aldis won the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship on December 9th, 2017 joining the list of legends and Hall of Famers like Lou Thesz, Jack Brisco, Dory Funk Jr, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Ric Flair, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, AJ Styles, Ken Shamrock, Blue Demon Jr, Adam Pearce, Colt Cabana, Tim Storm and more to hold the Ten Pounds of Gold.
https://prowrestling.net/site/2018/02/01/nwa-champion-nick-aldis-defend-title-20-times-60-days/

Also as bad as Aldis is when he just works a short tour in the US I can't wait how bad he is when he is jetlagged from travelling and wrestling across the globe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RIP Billy, hung by his own petard, that he bought from the petard store under duress.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
To be fair, that idea would be really cool with a 2007 Bryan Danielson and not a 2018 Brutus Magnus

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The American Dragon comes to the NWA in 2019!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Danielson vs. Storm in a 60 minute time limit draw

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

Okay, seriously, why does everyone in wrestling hate Billy Corgan so much?

Like, I'm genuinely curious. He seems utterly incapable of getting anything off the ground, and not because he's not putting in the work or because he doesn't have the money (he is, and does), but simply because nobody wants to work with him. Is he seriously that much of a jackass to the point where even wrestlers draw the line? Is he some kind of secret sex pest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like, a money mark with mainstream name recognition trying to revive the NWA should be making the loving dinner bell start ringing in every indie guy's mind. Unless Corgan's either offering people comically awful contracts or just has that bad of a reputation, this is a really bizarre situation for this promotion to be in.