Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

yup mitch immediately a whiny baby that people like a movie he didn't

i wonder if this was recorded before the one with the film review guy who told mitch what the plot of the film was and he went "well you make a good argument"

this is mitch at his most intolerable, he a big argumentative baby

Yeah I'm pretty certain it was recorded before the previous double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i do not think i am going to finish listening to this double, it is genuinely unpleasant

like listening to a cinema discussion thread where i can't troll it, just kill me

edit: nm they are doing an insanely ridiculous fantasy draft and spent 10 minutes discussing how to do a meaningless number guessing game, i'm back in

cams fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 16, 2018

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's funny that the show's B plot (Wiger likes a movie that he didn't like at first) hasn't changed.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Did Mitch edit that female-less version of The Last Jedi?

Also, I’m legit concerned... does Mitch not know there is a third movie upcoming in the trilogy? Half of his complaints are unanswered questions that will clearly be answered in that one.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Also, just a general SW nerd note. I hear a lot of people saying TLJ’s timeline was odd, it taking place over 48 hours or so. Didn’t Empire take place over like 5 days? I thought that was on purpose with both Rey and Luke’s training being abruptly halted to go save their friends.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

cams posted:

edit: nm they are doing an insanely ridiculous fantasy draft and spent 10 minutes discussing how to do a meaningless number guessing game, i'm back in

As someone who was planning on just skipping all of Star Wars month, the auction is insanely good

Bad Doughboys: The hosts share their earnest opinions on popular media
Good Doughboys: The hosts and their guest sit in a circle for 40 minutes saying numbers

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Did Mitch edit that female-less version of The Last Jedi?

Also, I’m legit concerned... does Mitch not know there is a third movie upcoming in the trilogy? Half of his complaints are unanswered questions that will clearly be answered in that one.

nah Mitch is dumb and a huge baby but at least his baby dumbness has been "WAAAAH PEOPLE LIKE A MOVIE" and not "WOMEN IN STAR WARS AGH!!!!"

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

HE CARES ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mitch is just working you marks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nah i think he's sincerely angry about the lack of consistency with the power levels of star wars characters

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

trollin these burger brigade bitches like

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

cams posted:

nah i think he's sincerely angry about the lack of consistency with the power levels of star wars characters

Mitch watch dragon ball z

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mitch came to these movies with very specific questions like "is Snoke a Yoda?"and "is Snoke big?" He didn't get satisfactory answers and is therefore justified in his anger.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thank you.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
This movie is bad because they didn't accurately state the power level of Kylo Ren

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I'm glad I'm not a Patreon supporter. Those double eps sound loving terrible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the draft is good

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

This movie is bad because they didn't accurately state the power level of Kylo Ren

I love that I can pay $5 a month to listen to someone throw a tantrum like a kid on a playground over Power Levels, the future whips rear end

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you aren't legit pissed that big snoke theory wasn't correct idk... whatever. Pretend like you're too cool to care.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I'm glad I'm not a Patreon supporter. Those double eps sound loving terrible.

i havent seen the movie, but i think its funny when mitch gets mad, so i’ve been enjoying them a lot

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

cams posted:

this is mitch at his most intolerable, he a big argumentative baby

"I really liked it..."
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

If it's all just a bit, then props to Mitch for some solid acting. It sure feels like he's genuinely pissed off about Star Wars and people who disagree with him about it.

The auction was a hilarious clusterfuck though, in classic Doughboys fashion. What are the rules? Can you bid zero credits? Can you keep the auction going after you've filled your roster? Why did anyone bother doing opening bids greater than 1? No one knows.

I really expected someone to pick "The Force" as their wildcard.

#teamwiger

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The auction was almost as entertaining as when they counted fries.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

"I really liked it..."
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

IM GOING TO CHOKE SLAM YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I got such a deep, soulful laugh out of hearing Wiger’s list read back to him

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

Know Such Peace posted:

The auction was almost as entertaining as when they counted fries.

To me, that will always go down as the quintessential Doughboys segment. Poorly thought out, 100% doesnt translate to an audio format, and they seemed to realize midway through jusy how dumb it was. I give it five forks.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

the draft is good

#teamsaunders

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mitch will never be happy with another Star Wars movie in his lifetime and I now anxiously await for annunal Doughboys meltdown episode.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

is "everyone suddenly remembers mitch is dumb" a regular occurrence itt or does it just happen with star wars

cams
Mar 28, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

is "everyone suddenly remembers mitch is dumb" a regular occurrence itt or does it just happen with star wars
i am a big fan of how dumb mitch is, i post about it all the time

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Alana "The Knife" Johnston is a Jessica McKenna character.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

caligulamprey posted:

Mitch will never be happy with another Star Wars movie in his lifetime and I now anxiously await for annunal Doughboys meltdown episode.

Prediction: Mitch will love Solo: A Star Wars Story, which will be a pretty bad movie.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the most hilarious thing about the mitch character is that he went to film school, imo

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Feels like I'm listening to two people die while one does the worst Mafia guy voice ever recorded

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

i am a big fan of how dumb mitch is, i post about it all the time

don't get me wrong, i love mitch with all my heart

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Tomorrow is 'Part 1' of a Force Awakens commentary episode. I really wonder how this is going to play out.

Edit: Jesus christ. Why am I still subscribed to this show?

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 23, 2018

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Mitch is just parodying a complete moron baby man. Every complaint stupider than the last, he got those fuckers GOOD.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Know Such Peace posted:

Tomorrow is 'Part 1' of a Force Awakens commentary episode. I really wonder how this is going to play out.

Edit: Jesus christ. Why am I still subscribed to this show?

You enjoy stories about auto fellatio

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Charging people for a month of grumpy Mitch is a daring strategy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it’s unfortunate that we all forgot to use patreon’s “pause for a month” feature, but i’m determined to make the best of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

can't believe they're releasing whatever this is in two parts lmao