Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Daily half pull popped out a VoL which is dope since she was high up on the list of units I wanted. I need to grind a few TMs, but I have everything to BiS her. Now I just need VoD to complete the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Was hoping to finish a White Knight's Soul, but I only got Ray Jack to 60% and I really don't think I feel like spending lapis on it. Oh well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

suuma posted:

Can anybody set up a Gilgamesh carry for me? I had to start over after Facebook disabled my rank 100 account :v: I'm especially mad about it because I had 1-2 of every unit in this enhancement batch...

But anyway! 310 287 384.

Okay. Fohlen is on his way!

If anyone else needs a carry, or normally a decent Orlandeu/Trance Terra goonbuddy, post you friend code here so I can free up some spots! (I use FRep on an old Android device for TM farming, my macro shots itself if my friends list isn't full.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 18, 2018

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Added you, thanks. I appreciate it.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I've been farming the Chamber of Gems since last week for all the T4s I need to awaken my Aileens. I'm using 4x Xon + Raven Cape + 2x Pod. I think my setup is yielding better results so far than the Public Survey would suggest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Here's what I got over 68 runs so far:

296 T1s --> ~10 NRG per specific color
155 T2s --> ~20 NRG per specific color
93 T3s --> ~33 NRG per specific color
7 T4s --> ~440 NRG per specific color

The public survey puts the specific color T4 per NRG rate at 560, but they aren't taking the Cape or Pod into account, and maybe those are giving me better drops. Because apparently multiple Xons don't stack and multiple Lockes don't stack and only having Locke doesn't do poo poo but having Locke + Xon is better than just having Xon... The chamber's drop mechanics are loving stupid and obtuse, so I can't really explain what's going on here. But my setup is giving me comparable T4 drops with running the story event and it's much easier to farm so I'm happy with that.

I'll take a break from the chamber over the King Mog event, since I still need to actually finish farming the gear for my Aileens and I need to buy a T5 from the KM shop.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am hosed right now on Giancrysts of any flavor, but specifically Support and Power.

I am sure everyone is in that boat though.

I am considering bowing out of this FF12 event. The units seem “eh” and the rewards aren’t much in the “wow”. Hell I gave up this week on the Kings Knight raid and have been doing the raid here and there and just going to gil in my coins.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So now that Ramza's enhancements are finally, finally out, how exactly are you supposed to build him? Max SPR for his HP and MP regen, and then just as much HP and DEF as I can stack on him for survivability?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So now that Ramza's enhancements are finally, finally out, how exactly are you supposed to build him? Max SPR for his HP and MP regen, and then just as much HP and DEF as I can stack on him for survivability?

Same question here.

Got enough crysts to finish Orlandeu up, am sitting at 1009 ATK. Only 5 months or whatever late!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You can also throw a joyful spirit on Ramza and make him immune to everything that matters.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

aka the "Hope you pulled these three rainbows from the same banner, idiot" set.

Ironically, TDH builds use less 5* TMRs than most other DD BiS.

hamsystem posted:

Daily half pull popped out a VoL which is dope since she was high up on the list of units I wanted. I need to grind a few TMs, but I have everything to BiS her. Now I just need VoD to complete the set.

Grats! Remember to level that insane LB.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

hagie posted:

I am hosed right now on Giancrysts of any flavor, but specifically Support and Power.

I am sure everyone is in that boat though.

I am considering bowing out of this FF12 event. The units seem “eh” and the rewards aren’t much in the “wow”. Hell I gave up this week on the Kings Knight raid and have been doing the raid here and there and just going to gil in my coins.

The last 90 NRG story event route is the best place for both Power and Support T4s. The fact that you need both means you can definitely get better results there even with a team of just 2-3 Xons + Cape with your heavy-hitter/support units driving them through the event.

I'm gonna farm the KM for the summon tickets and T4/5s I need mostly. How much more I'll do with it is going to depend heavily on my pulls. Like, if I magically get Balthier off of a daily pull or one of the tickets I'll use to fill the party with bonus units I'll slap my TDH poo poo on him so he can just solo the whole event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

The last 90 NRG story event route is the best place for both Power and Support T4s. The fact that you need both means you can definitely get better results there even with a team of just 2-3 Xons + Cape with your heavy-hitter/support units driving them through the event.

Two (or three!) Trance Terras will melt the tougher enemies pretty good, bringing a MP battery and/or mana potions is a must. It's not as hard as the last Story Event's last level.

I tried with multiple Orlandeu, and it took longer than I would have liked, two Trance Terras can end it in three rounds.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is Locke worth taking on these giancryst farming runs? I have three Xon and have taken OK as my big damage dealer.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I am sad that the breaks use black crysts like Orlandeau's breaks. Because I just enhanced those and now I'm skint ;_;

But at least now I can finally do a decent party-wide buff. Zarg, you're on the ropes, get enhanced buddy!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Is Locke worth taking on these giancryst farming runs? I have three Xon and have taken OK as my big damage dealer.

Locke only affects the drop chance for T1-2 crysts in story events, which are all 100% guaranteed already, so nope he doesn't do poo poo. Same thing for Pods, although those can still help if you put them on your Xons to build chains up with Mirage.

The more Xons you bring though, the better. Their drop rate buffs stack and improve the rate of getting T3/4s. The Great Raven Cape also stacks and it's literally worth 2 Xons, since it's a 100% buff instead of just 50%.

However, once you stack enough drop-rate buffs to get ~most~ of the T3/4 drop chances to 100%, adding more Xons won't help either. That break-off point is when you reach 6 Xons, or 4 Xons + Raven Cape. Adding another Xon or friend unit Xon or friend Xon with Cape etc. won't affect all the major T3/4 drops and only improve the very rare extra T3/4 drops that can happen once in a blue moon. It's basically more worthwhile bringing good hitters/supports at that point.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 18, 2018

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If I have a limited number of orbs, which of the King's Knight items are worth crafting?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Goddamn loving rainbow today was another Nyx. Guess I can do a subpar chain with them if I really wanted to.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Office Thug posted:

I've been farming the Chamber of Gems since last week for all the T4s I need to awaken my Aileens. I'm using 4x Xon + Raven Cape + 2x Pod. I think my setup is yielding better results so far than the Public Survey would suggest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Here's what I got over 68 runs so far:

296 T1s --> ~10 NRG per specific color
155 T2s --> ~20 NRG per specific color
93 T3s --> ~33 NRG per specific color
7 T4s --> ~440 NRG per specific color

The public survey puts the specific color T4 per NRG rate at 560, but they aren't taking the Cape or Pod into account, and maybe those are giving me better drops. Because apparently multiple Xons don't stack and multiple Lockes don't stack and only having Locke doesn't do poo poo but having Locke + Xon is better than just having Xon... The chamber's drop mechanics are loving stupid and obtuse, so I can't really explain what's going on here. But my setup is giving me comparable T4 drops with running the story event and it's much easier to farm so I'm happy with that.

I'll take a break from the chamber over the King Mog event, since I still need to actually finish farming the gear for my Aileens and I need to buy a T5 from the KM shop.

Yeah its dumb as gently caress. I just do the chamber over the story event because I can take utter garbage and hit auto every run and be fine. By garbage I mean 4 naked xons, 1 locke and some random friend unit to clear it. I don't know how good it is but its not like I have much choice besides story events every 6-8 weeks otherwise.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

wizard on a water slide posted:

If I have a limited number of orbs, which of the King's Knight items are worth crafting?

From best to worst (IMO):

The sword (you can only craft one due to requiring Regilite or whatever the thing is called) is a decent Holy and ATK source.

The rod is a pretty decent source of MAG and is water element.

The fist weapons are a bit above average, and Fire element.

There are better greatswords, but it DOES give a bit of DEF and HP and is Earth element...

There are many better knives, but if you're going for Wind chains...

There are many better shields, but if you have Barusa...

If you've been TMR grinding, you probably have some better equipment, but some of this stuff is decent. Kind of like how in the King's Knight mobile game, you have to pull for both characters and weapons separately, some have obvious overpowered synergy, but some are just okay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 18, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Office Thug posted:

Locke only affects the drop chance for T1-2 crysts in story events, which are all 100% guaranteed already, so nope he doesn't do poo poo. Same thing for Pods, although those can still help if you put them on your Xons to build chains up with Mirage.

The more Xons you bring though, the better. Their drop rate buffs stack and improve the rate of getting T3/4s. The Great Raven Cape also stacks and it's literally worth 2 Xons, since it's a 100% buff instead of just 50%.

However, once you stack enough drop-rate buffs to get ~most~ of the T3/4 drop chances to 100%, adding more Xons won't help either. That break-off point is when you reach 6 Xons, or 4 Xons + Raven Cape. Adding another Xon or friend unit Xon or friend Xon with Cape etc. won't affect all the major T3/4 drops and only improve the very rare extra T3/4 drops that can happen once in a blue moon. It's basically more worthwhile bringing good hitters/supports at that point.

I run the chamber with one Locke, 4 Xons, one of whom is leveled, and one of the Xons has two Pod-153s too

I don't understand how but I assume voodoo magic helps me get more drops. (Or maybe it's just that 1x each active effect is cumulatively perceptible in the shorter term of drop rates versus running with a non-bonus party at all, which is my only real point of comparison...)

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Ironically, TDH builds use less 5* TMRs than most other DD BiS.

Maybe, but it's three specific 5* TMRs, and the the difference each of those makes is MASSIVE. Where as if you're missing A2's greatsword, you have the free alternative that is a whole 7 attack less.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Definitely craft the sword. Weapons with the holy element that aren't great swords aren't common and it has a good ATK stat on it. As Rainbowbeard said you can only craft one.

Staff of Blizzards is good for its MAG stat. All the better rods are TMs, character-exclusive from old events, a hard trial reward, or a star quartz rod late in season 1 of the story. There's a lot of rods in the story that are 20 MAG or so weaker and the attached water element is only for niche uses. I'd try to make at least two.

The greatsword is mostly an element with a weapontype that doesn't have it. If you have Aileen it might be good for something else to take advantage of her big Earth imperil. It doesn't have great ATK numbers compared to other greatswords you can get.

The Wing Edge is a dodge weapon if you want to make a dodge build down the road, plus the dodge ability the dagger gives does stack unlike others (Swordbreaker). Wind element isn't bad either. Otherwise it isn't anything impressive, try to make one but don't sweat it. If you were around for the FF12 event and got the Zwill Crossblade it does the same thing but with bigger numbers. Not to be confused with the FFT event Zwill Crossblade which is just a normal dagger with sleep.

The shield isn't bad, having SPR, HP, and an elemental resistance on it gives it good stats but it isn't going to make or break a build. Earth resistance is rare on shields too. Good place to throw leftovers.

The gloves aren't bad but there's already fire gloves in the story but they're a bit weaker, and early in the season 2 story you can trade star quartz for the stronger Dragon Claws but they're water element. These are alright but can easily be replaced with story gear.

So definitely get the sword and some rods. If you have Aileen the great sword is nice, otherwise try to grab one just in case. If you missed the FF12 Zwill Crossblade then one dagger can be good for a just in case thing too. Shield isn't bad but it's easier to make up missing defenses than attack. Fire gloves are the most expendable since you can replace it with story gear.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Maybe, but it's three specific 5* TMRs, and the the difference each of those makes is MASSIVE. Where as if you're missing A2's greatsword, you have the free alternative that is a whole 7 attack less.

Agreed, no argument here.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
What's the best place for t3 crysts? I have one Xon+cape+pod if that helps.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Aileen was my first 5* on my account. She was on-banner when I started the game. I'm happy she's finally worth pulling off the bench, perhaps to replace my DV and O team.

But ... I guess I finally have to fight the Robot Trial, since that's BiS for her?? drat... does that thing still take multiple hours to beat? I heard reports and just never bothered reading more.

Or, is there a non-Aigion-Arm build anywhere?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You could probably beat it pretty easy after you enhance her. I don't know what TMs/gear you have but I'd use like iron duke in one hand and Aileen's tm in the other and go from there.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The fight itself hasn't changed but general power creep has taken the edge off of Aigaion's mechanics. Ayaka can handle the reraise and healing all by herself for example. For damage Aileen/A2/2B have huge machine killer passives that can be paired with the Gaia Hammer for bigger numbers. Enhanced Trance Terra can chain with herself and wreck Aigaion. Plus bards have arrived for huge buffs.

It still isn't a free fight (unless you have piles of enhanced Trance Terras around) but it should be easier to do now then when it came out. Time depends on the strat for dealing with the left arm: Killing it 10 times still takes time but AoE chaining can help speed that up significantly.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay. Fohlen is on his way!

If anyone else needs a carry, or normally a decent Orlandeu/Trance Terra goonbuddy, post you friend code here so I can free up some spots! (I use FRep on an old Android device for TM farming, my macro shots itself if my friends list isn't full.)

I'm done with this, thanks again.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

The fight itself hasn't changed but general power creep has taken the edge off of Aigaion's mechanics. Ayaka can handle the reraise and healing all by herself for example. For damage Aileen/A2/2B have huge machine killer passives that can be paired with the Gaia Hammer for bigger numbers. Enhanced Trance Terra can chain with herself and wreck Aigaion. Plus bards have arrived for huge buffs.

It still isn't a free fight (unless you have piles of enhanced Trance Terras around) but it should be easier to do now then when it came out. Time depends on the strat for dealing with the left arm: Killing it 10 times still takes time but AoE chaining can help speed that up significantly.

Don’t forget that between new TMs and enhancements there are two tanks now who can provoke and just shrug off the punches.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Agreed posted:

I run the chamber with one Locke, 4 Xons, one of whom is leveled, and one of the Xons has two Pod-153s too

I don't understand how but I assume voodoo magic helps me get more drops. (Or maybe it's just that 1x each active effect is cumulatively perceptible in the shorter term of drop rates versus running with a non-bonus party at all, which is my only real point of comparison...)

The thing that I just don't get at all is why having Xon + Locke helps you get more T3/4 drops than just having Xon alone, despite the fact that in literally every datamine ever on this dumb game T3/4s are categorized as Rare loot, not Common loot, so Locke shouldn't affect those at all. But he does, and only when with Xon.

Oh, and Locke by himself also doesn't do poo poo for T1/2s, but once you pair him up with Xon suddenly T1/2 rates improve.

:iiam:

I do get the non-stacking buffs thing, and with that it makes sense that having a Cape would increase your drops pretty linearly: T4 chance is 5% without bonuses, 7.5% with Xon + Locke, 10% with Cape + Pod (or Locke? is Pod 50% or 100%?), and I am actually seeing 10% more-or-less with Cape + Pod so far.

Edit:

hamsystem posted:

What's the best place for t3 crysts? I have one Xon+cape+pod if that helps.

Chamber of gems for sure. It's pretty close to the 90 NRG route for both T3 and T4 rates but you don't need a tonne of Xons to get the most out of it. Your Xon+Cape+Pod should maximize the drops.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 18, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Thanks for the Aileen and Robot tips, I'll dig in soon.

A bit annoying that the top damage build for her uses TDH FD: http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr/links/HnBcSE

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Office Thug posted:

Technically you can get Basch to both Magic Cover and Physical Provoke tank (Moogle Plushie + Golem's Provoke), but as a single unit with mixed passives for both DEF/SPR and too little in terms of HP passives, he won't last through most trials.

I'm not sure I agree, his passives are all better than Wilhelms except for def and only a bit less at that.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

I'm not sure I agree, his passives are all better than Wilhelms except for def and only a bit less at that.

You're not accounting for Wilhelm's enhancements. Wilhelm gets over twice the DEF and twice the SPR in passives, and 20% more HP.

Basch is more comparable to Barusa in terms of passives for physical tanking, but even there Barusa gets the same DEF, 10% more HP, and doesn't need to give up his shield for Moogle Plushie to provoke-tank. You just slap Golem on him with Provoke and he's good to go as a 3-turn rotation provoke tank.

Edit: Also, Basch doesn't have any source of General damage reduction, unlike Wilhelm and Barusa who get those on their own provoke abilities (And Wilhelm's is REALLY loving strong at 40%). You could weave Barusa's TMR ability Physical DR buff into Basch' 3-turn Provoke+Magic-Cover+??? tank rotation at least, but you can do that with Wilhelm and Barusa as well, and Physical DR stacks with General DR.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 18, 2018

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Am I right in assuming that there's really no good reason to enhance Ramza's ATK/MAG debuffs? If he's the mirror of Delita than 65% is pretty significant, but I've got others who can still get away with 45-50%, plus Ramza should really be spending all of his time singing anyway.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They're the strongest on demand atk/mag breaks in the game and they last for 5 turns. I don't have the posts in front of me breaking down the math but the amount of damage reduced is a significant increase over 45/50% breaks.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Am I right in assuming that there's really no good reason to enhance Ramza's ATK/MAG debuffs? If he's the mirror of Delita than 65% is pretty significant, but I've got others who can still get away with 45-50%, plus Ramza should really be spending all of his time singing anyway.

It’s 60% btw.

Honestly a lot of the harder stuff just can’t be atk/mag broken. Any trials that can use them you should as a 60% break will more than account for the loss of buffs that turn. Breaks scale ridiculously well because of the damage formula. 60% break is basically an 84% reduction in damage. Which is why most of the tougher stuff can’t be atk/mag broken.

100% buffs are going to be between 1020 and 30%45%(e: jeez didn't expect that high of a number) dr value based on how strongly you gear for defensive stats.

Ok here's some numbers to sort of solidify it rather than talking about comparitive breaks in the abstract. I took a very strong hit (1000 atk and 500% mod) to work with.

Baseline, average unit with minimal defensive passives and no gearing for defense

25k hit

100% buffs

14k - 44% dr

45% break (no buffs)

7562 - 70%

50% break (no buffs)

6250 - 75%

60% break (no buffs)

4000 - 84%

Now, probably the most relevant part:

edit to add 45% comparison:

45% break with 100% buffs

4249 - 83%

50% break with 100% buffs

3511 - 86%

60% break with 100% buffs

2247 - 91% dr

vvvv yeah I guess I have a bad time with being partly dyslexic at times. Some don't let you break and some do. For those that let you break offensive stats, Ramza is pretty beastly.

For a really beefy tank comparison - the numbers (in the same order of categories) are:

21%
70%
75%
84%
---
76%
80%
87%

Ugato fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 19, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Id say attack/mag are more commonly allowed to be broken than def/spr. Ramza was ingrained into the meta in japan with a lot of trials that NEED breaks because it was assumed that you had a breaker. Right now the japanese malboro fight assumes that you have a very powerful aoe defensive breaks or else the damage is just unhealable but at the same time having the very top tier breakers (Lorraine/Beatrix) can completely trivialize the fight.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

suuma posted:

Can anybody set up a Gilgamesh carry for me? I had to start over after Facebook disabled my rank 100 account :v: I'm especially mad about it because I had 1-2 of every unit in this enhancement batch...

But anyway! 310 287 384.

I sent you a request. My DV is now set up to solo the Dark Espers if you need that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh poo poo, Ramza actually got his Enhancements

I was legitimately not expecting it even as we finally got Roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

Oh poo poo, Ramza actually got his Enhancements

I was legitimately not expecting it even as we finally got Roy.

Yeah, and because they didn't do anything to them, he's still lower-ranked than all the ones we have already (Except Lunera I guess)

• Locked thread