Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

lenoon posted:

Well I finally caught up! I haven’t read anything but this thread for what seems like weeks, time to re-read Gilgamesh now that I have to wait for updates!

Diogenes this is a masterful work - it’s fantastic. Looking forward to becoming a certified wrongvoter.

Welcome lenoon! Anyone catching up at this point is quite an accomplishment! And with a proud beard like that you should fit right in!

What vote had the most unexpected results or outcome? Any particular theory you would like to share?

Edit: Page sniped myself! The update is at the end of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

E

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C - Focus fire. Take them out one at a time.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
H

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Based on our previous experiences, i don't think torso shots are going to be all that helpful, and I don't like our odds of landing headshots from here. At the same time, I don't want to wait too long and give up the tactical advantage. Based on that, i'm going to go with

H.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
H

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
H. They're going to the temple to wreck poo poo, can't let that happen, so let's get close and then turn their brains into ramen.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
H

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

H

I'm pretty sure they're heading for us, actually - they saw us shoot off into the sky and crash down at the palace so that's where they're headed to make sure we stay down. I'm sure the threads piloting the giants are gonna be incredibly salty when dumb Asherakan bullshit lets us snipe them from out of nowhere.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
H

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

H

Alternatively, throw our bow down, yell gently caress this and go get a beer before flying south.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C Time to bring the giants to Danal.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I

On the off chance these guys don't know Enkidel is a master archer, hold off on shots until we get in close range. I think in some recent update we were told we learned how to shoot multiple arrows at once now, right? Or was that an option we didn't take in a time skip?

Either way, let's get super close then headshot them if we can.

We fire from this far out, all the more time for them to dodge.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
H

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

I

On the off chance these guys don't know Enkidel is a master archer, hold off on shots until we get in close range. I think in some recent update we were told we learned how to shoot multiple arrows at once now, right? Or was that an option we didn't take in a time skip?

Either way, let's get super close then headshot them if we can.

We fire from this far out, all the more time for them to dodge.
You can indeed fire multiple arrows at once, but the range and accuracy is not great. Even if that is a mainstay of many fantasy settings, it really is not all that helpful for you. What is helpful however is the fact that you can fire several arrows in very rapid succession.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
H

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
H

They need to die before they do any more damage!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B Should get their attention.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
H

cambodian holiday
Sep 4, 2009
H

Absum
May 28, 2013

Can we tell for sure that they're headed for the palace and not the temple or are those on the same path?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
H

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 19, 2018

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
H

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
H

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
H is a good plan

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

H might as well do what we can. And the fact they’re headed toward the palace and not the temple means the Gebeban faction doesn’t give a poo poo about dom killing El here. They just want revenge on the Asherakan.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Relevant to the D&D chat prior; Ur GURPS sourcebook when?

H

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
H I think the giants might be keeping their regenerative soulstones inside themselves, instead of just under their armour. Good luck Enki!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

H

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
H

I really wish we had our behemoth club. Our arrows haven't been too impressive, so far. And we'll be running out of the blooded bronze ones pretty soon. I don't hold out much hope wooden arrows can do much if anything.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
H

Balder
Apr 3, 2011
H

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
Interesting that the same power words can be used in multiple ways for almost entirely different results. The giants use AMETS (meaning to harden) to shield themsleves while Danal used it to harden ...hearts? Resolve?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Diogines posted:

Fifty feet tall and towering over all within the city, many of the few Accoan soldiers that are still left in this portion of the city run for their lives in absolute terror. Danal has already left his men and is running towards the towering armored giants, you hear him shout out "DID YOU THINK EL DESCENDED IN FLAMES TO BAKE OUR BREAD? COURAGE BROTHERS!" You hear Danal shout and you certainly FEEL it when he yells "AMETS!" Many of the fleeing and faltering soldiers suddenly stop their flight and instead turn to swarm the giants!

badass

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Didn't Ish say that the giants' power words were a nonsense/non-Urian language? What the hell are they and Danal doing using the same words?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

Didn't Ish say that the giants' power words were a nonsense/non-Urian language? What the hell are they and Danal doing using the same words?
Are you sure he said that?

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Jumping on the H bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
What would be the most direct route the giants could take to join back up with Gebek? Is that in the same direction as the palace?