Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, ok. How are they going to do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, ok. How are they going to do it?

With words. Lots and lots of words.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder how Matlock would have handled all this hot space court action.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont see how anything skadden posts as a motion in an update can be apocalyptic save for some poo poo they shouldn't have access without discovery being granted. Like if they have a tax statement from CIG/F42 that has them counting SQ42 as a individual game for tax purposes, signed by the loving queen.

Stop hating on the dream, you meanie.

D_Smart posted:

Just remember who called it. :grin:

Ghostbusters… customers…?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nyast posted:

I think 2018 is going to be a tough year for them financially, because they've used most of their ace cards in 2017.

People were awaiting the 3.0 "Jesus" patch with, for the first time, procedural planets. Now it's out. They won't have any innovative new tech to show off for this year.

People were awaiting the new SQ42 "gameplay trailer". Now it's out. If they demo SQ42 again next year, it's just gonna be "another mission" - much less exciting.

Content to be added this year in 3.0, 3.1+ etc.. will be quite limited. If lucky we might see Arccorp and, for the first time, procedural cities. Except that they demoed it last year, so it'll have less of a "wow" effect.

In other words, I can't think of anything that they could show this year that would top last year's combo of 3.0 + procedural cities + SQ42 trailer. And they barely made as much as in 2016 using all their cards..

You’re not thinking outside the box enough here, friend.

When there was nothing, suddenly there was render to texture.

When there was drought, suddenly there was face over ip.

This year... what could it possibly be? What hideously outrageous, extraneous and extravagant and totally useless and probably detrimental to implant technology is out there for CR to exploit?

I’m thinking maybe an add on to face over ip where you can get your face scanned and put on a character... but only with the Star Citizen fidelity camera!

For non technology gameplay stuff, I’m totally going to stick with what I thought they were going to do last year for the big unveil:
1: a carrier or pocket carrier ship
2: showing off a second star system you can jump to

That’s my guess! Calling it!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

Sleeping Dogs Field Report Preview:

Game is good.

Star Citizen is bad.

It’s alpha!

:allears: :grin:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Yet another ship design needing revision so that the player can actually fit in it...

Come on guys, it’s year six. Ship sales are your money printer and presumably your core competence. Can you not add a design requirement earlier in your vaunted pipeline? Before the modeling starts?

“Player must fit in ship.”

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hobold posted:

I want to say they announced something akin to power armor a long while back. Early Star Marine days.

Not sure if that has been lost to time or the avalanche of bullshit videos.

They did. It was basically an elemental like suit.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

G0RF posted:

Yet another ship design needing revision so that the player can actually fit in it...

Come on guys, it’s year six. Ship sales are your money printer and presumably your core competence. Can you not add a design requirement earlier in your vaunted pipeline? Before the modeling starts?

You people and your demands!
Just accept the inherent greatness of what offerings Chris almighty gracefully bestows on you.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Quavers posted:

Sleeping Dogs Field Report Preview:

Game is good.

Star Citizen is bad.

Hey, Sleeping Dogs was in development for centuries before it came out. Star Citizen is just now starting development, and it's already the greatest game past, present and future.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm calling it, that I will continue not to give a poo poo about the contents of the court filings until we get to the judgement.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

I mean just check out these babies.

A nice shot of a long stick between two tits.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Thread patch notes:

- Jacking values adjusted in relation to tits to bring it more in line with recent thread changes
- Rubbing is now a player resource and no longer an activated skill.
- Moobs

Must be naked when posting on the Star Citizen thread, ready at a moments notice if a post appears that must be jacked or rubbed to.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

Not sure that's a requirement

I mean, you can just rub up against the cockpit and <USE> to get in, so why bother needing to fit in the doors.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Also they're totally gonna sell (and then never work on) mechs.

This is nothing but a sentence of lies and goon rhetoric.

I bet you can’t name a single example where this has ever happened with Star Citizen.

And to counter each and every single one of the fraudulent claims you will make, moma is going to post screenshots and YouTube videos proving you totally wrong. :colbert:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
CIG doesn't have to do poo poo to make mechs work. Just scale up the player model to stupid proportions. Just like they turn players into space ships.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Brutal takedowns are back!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Time for another totally real DOOM session that totally happened guys!

Please. She’s probably designing some new shoes for her shoe company on one monitor and writing up a marketing plan on another monitor and identifying some marine life on another monitor and making the work schedule for her club on another monitor and writing a customer service email on another monitor and none of the monitors are playing Star Citizen but it’s ok. :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Geez, if only there was a game or games where he could accurately fly a 737. :ohdear:

Roberts please save us.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Let’s see here.... hmmm... ship... player... size vs size.... can the player....

Hmmmm...

No.

That’s why they have a pipeline for revisions. It’s really best if they complete the high detail model and the low detail models and all animations and black boxing before they even test dumb stuff like “can the dumb player fit inside even”.

Let’s just not even open up that can of worms because that’s not how AAAA studios like CIG roll.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hobold posted:

CIG doesn't have to do poo poo to make mechs work. Just scale up the player model to stupid proportions. Just like they turn players into space ships.

You can just stop here. It’s best to just develop the jpeg, then the 6 page write up about how awesome it is and how it will integrate and how there are loader mechs like aliens or fighter mechs like battle tech or news mechs with arm cameras and repair mechs that can hold hands and form chains of repairs on ships or bigger mechs.

Just the picture and the dream, friend. Just the picture and the dream.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

tuo posted:

That's what I find so odd about that bugsmashers episode. Either the guy is really bad at explaining stuff, or he has a basic misunderstanding of Lambda functions. If you listen to him, it sounds like async execution and Lambda go hand in hand, allthough neither is a clear indicator for the other. In many languages, you have to specifically define a Lambda to be async.

I also like how he makes it sound like Lambda functions are something brand new, never seen before....you know, groundbreaking technology!

It's the new thing that will save gaming forever!

Groundbreaking concepts! (from 1st year CS coursework)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

You can just stop here. It’s best to just develop the jpeg, then the 6 page write up about how awesome it is and how it will integrate and how there are loader mechs like aliens or fighter mechs like battle tech or news mechs with arm cameras and repair mechs that can hold hands and form chains of repairs on ships or bigger mechs.

Just the picture and the dream, friend. Just the picture and the dream.

Oh, for sure. Just pointing out they don't have to do any magic to make it work. At least anything more than they've already done, lied about, tried to hide, and claimed they were innovative.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

big nipples big life posted:

Brutal takedowns are back!
I have a degree in brutal takedowns and that was only classifiable as a knock-about tussle.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

I have a degree in brutal takedowns and that was only classifiable as a knock-about tussle.

don't fud my dreams dude

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
I never told anybody this before, thread, but I really love FUD.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I never told anybody this before, thread, but I really love FUD.

What about the FLUDD?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
My inside sources are telling me to call it that there may be a response tomorrow that may have legal implications that may lead to further legal stuff.

Just FYI because I know this is important info that I couldn’t just sit on while nobody else was calling it.

You saw it here first. :smug:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
OK, wow that ATV was beyond horrible. Did CIG's budget for ATV went to poo poo?

So when's Skadden gonna file that response, and when will we have access to it?

e: Mark looks like he doesn't even give a gently caress anymore. Thats good for Star Citizen.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

There will be two spikes of one million calls before the end of the month.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I firmly believe that there are more lines spoken in all the shows combined than lines of code written for Star Citizen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

no_recall posted:

OK, wow that ATV was beyond horrible. Did CIG's budget for ATV went to poo poo?

it's all gone to the development of the game

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In other news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_cKfFeYbg&t=485s

New ED Ship in action.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Weird that there's gameplay in that video.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
CIG wants ships to have some lore, backstory, realization of realism, context within the world, artistically sound - fidelitiness speaking - CR wants all these things and I personally think its OK. However, having all these things for ALL YOUR loving ships is just insane. Maybe have 10 ships and make those 10 ships really speak for themselves. But then if they did 10 ships they would have absolutely nothing to sell.

ED throws a ship into the game, carefully managing its internal module capability, hardpoint placement defining convergence, thrusters placement and design that actually makes sense, and has a narrative on why its created and what its meant to do (help you shoot space bugs better).

The philosophies between the two ship pipelines are monumentally different. ED gives your a ship, artificially limits its capabilities and forces you to play around them. SC tells you every single ship punches above its weight and has no gameplay mechanic to support modifying internals, and testing them in the different gameplay scenarios.

ED enforces gameplay realism, by artificial means. SC is artificially crippled because of very realistic and fundamental issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Weird that there's gameplay in that video.

Even weirder, it's FD devs and employees playing that gameplay, almost as if they regularly play. Very odd.