Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh hellll yeah, she was my top choice. Though I was also gunning for Angourie Rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I am just bad at faces.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Riverdale and Adventures of Sabrina had better cross over now! Kiernan Shipka is great.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What up shippers?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GreenNight posted:

What up shippers?

Looks like Red pronounced "Mjia" with a hard J again

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Opening credits haven't finished and already Cheryl's mom is a prostitute and Archie's being strong-armed into working for the FBI.

Welcome back, Riverdale.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hahaha could Chick be telegraphing "I'm the real Black Hood" any harder

Edit: Just finished the episode and I guess it was meant to be obvious

Argue fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 18, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Argue posted:

Hahaha could Chick be telegraphing "I'm the real Black Hood" any harder

Excellent. Looking forward to watching this when it hits Netflix at midnight!!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That episode was my favourite for a while. Everyone was back to acting far more sensibly than they have any right to in a teen drama.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

quote:

"Are they healthy, do they have names?"

"Juniper and Dagwood."

"Oh my god. Polly, please, okay. Mom and Dad hurt you, but what you're doing right now is cruel, and selfish, and vindictive."

I agree, why would you punish the babies with those names.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

This show is the cheesiest, dumbest soap opera nonsense but holy poo poo it's so beautifully shot and well acted and I need to see more damnit

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love how from the beginning, really, Cheryl has downlow been the most loyal of this whole dysfunctional bunch.

M V P

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I love this stupid show

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Hey kid I'm the FBI let me show you all the cards in my hand and live in your garage without showing a badge." :lol:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MorgaineDax posted:

I agree, why would you punish the babies with those names.

gently caress that's fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shneak posted:

"Hey kid I'm the FBI let me show you all the cards in my hand and live in your garage without showing a badge." :lol:

Wait he didn't show a badge?

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
No badge? The FBI agent is the real Black Hood.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
He did show a badge when introducing himself as Agent Adams, don't let the Sex Archie fake news tell you otherwise.

The odds of him being fake are still good, about the same as Chic not being Betty's brother. Who would believe the creepy nuns told the truth ?

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 19, 2018

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What if the FBI agent is Betty's real brother, seeing how he is one in the comics.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://globalnews.ca/news/3965591/west-winnipeg-houses-tagged-with-graffiti-from-netflix-show-riverdale

Sssssssssss.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Shoulda let them wear their jackets.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Somebody get Alice Cooper in to jazz up that headline

Teen Terror! West Winnipeg Besieged By Sexy Students
Salacious Serpents Slathered upon Shingles and Siding
Highschool Harlots Hold Homeowners Hostage

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goddamn is Cheryl's mom hot.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Goddamn is Cheryl's mom hot.

Cheryl was like "here, I got us a big check so you don't have to gently caress people for money" and she's like "I was married to your father for a long time, I'm getting a dicking while the getting is good."
She looks fantastic for someone who suffered severe burns, by the way.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Somebody get Alice Cooper in to jazz up that headline

Teen Terror! West Winnipeg Besieged By Sexy Students
Salacious Serpents Slathered upon Shingles and Siding
Highschool Harlots Hold Homeowners Hostage

Guest headlines by Leslie Knope.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cheryl's mom is sooooooo hot.

Aleph Null posted:

After she got out of the hospital I recall her wearing a lot of high collars/kerchiefs/etc. ostensibly as a "hiding the scars" bit of costuming...but clearly they don't care about that anymore.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aleph Null posted:

She went from fuckin face bandages and visible scarring to having to wear a glove.

Miskatonic mystery crate be damned, that's a hard pill to swallow.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It is still cracking me up that Betty's Dad is basically an after thought, even to Betty. "The plot demands I go find my half brother and throw it in his face, feelings be damned!"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I know when I attack people with a box cutter I go straight for the shoulder.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

^burtle posted:

It is still cracking me up that Betty's Dad is basically an after thought, even to Betty. "The plot demands I go find my half brother and throw it in his face, feelings be damned!"

The only thing her dad knows how to do is be a terrible person and an rear end in a top hat. That's his job, I think.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Aleph Null posted:

The only thing her dad knows how to do is be a terrible person and an rear end in a top hat. That's his job, I think.

Yah this. She isn't "throwing it in his face" so much as he has literally been a piece of poo poo since the series started and she isn't taking his poo poo anymore. I see it as more siding with her mom.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

You guys aren't wrong at all, it just cracks me up how hard the show leans into the adults being pieces to be moved around for plot by the teens.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

^burtle posted:

You guys aren't wrong at all, it just cracks me up how hard the show leans into the adults being pieces to be moved around for plot by the teens.

Haha, you aren’t wrong either buddy. This show is hilarious.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I like that Jughead is a complete convert to the Serpent Way now.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Coming this April: A musical-themed episode as Riverdale High puts on a production of Carrie: The Musical

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

We don't deserve this show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rhyno posted:

We don't deserve this show.

No you don’t

https://twitter.com/writerras/status/956229862741590016

Thank God for RAS. Until the third season, that is, then gently caress him.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

This episode was absolutely buck wild, good grief.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Madam Blossom is loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoctorWhat posted:

Madam Blossom is loving insane.