Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Driver San Fran is not currently avails on the store so yea I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Horizon uses a dynamic renderer so I noticed in particular the mid day sunny scenes when the msaa used to turn off into a jaggy mess now looks clean and good on the x. The rain/fog/twilight always looked good

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rain is always great at showing off lighting. GTAV looks the best during a thunderstorm in the city. The way the wet cars reflect every street light and sign is amazing.

Here's hoping Rockstar puts out a One X patch for that but I really doubt it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GTA5 is enormously CPU-bound so they probably can't squeeze much out of it for Pro/X enhancements.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

They never bothered to do an ps4 pro patch so you can probably just forget it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

univbee posted:

GTA5 is enormously CPU-bound so they probably can't squeeze much out of it for Pro/X enhancements.

The bonx still has nearly a third more cpu power to hand and significantly more ram to deal with which is also faster. I mean as is I've noticed the framerate is a lot smoother and such but it could probably do more with a proper patch.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A third more powerful than the cheap off the shelf CPU, I'm loving stumped.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

A third more powerful than the cheap off the shelf CPU, I'm loving stumped.

They overclocked the garbage cpu so now its a lil bit faster garbage cpu

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

They overclocked the garbage cpu so now its a lil bit faster garbage cpu

Still faster than either PS4 and all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

Still faster than either PS4 and all

Fastest garbage money can buy

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my fancy gaming pc can't run gta v at 60 fps very well so let's all cool our jets about consoles being unanimously still bad

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/16/16897402/microsoft-xbox-elite-controller-update-design-features-rumors

Hopefully see this bad boy at E3 this year

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poo poo, I thought it was going to be a game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I actually prefer the controller that came with the X over the elite that I got for PC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does this new elite controller have better internals or is it still just a normal controller with 100 dollars worth of plastic on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You'll have to wait and see

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

veni veni veni posted:

poo poo, I thought it was going to be a game.

Wrong console if you're looking for games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FH3 developer interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_EpPlS_upA

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Why buy an Elite when you can buy a Duke?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I still use a launch model bonetroller

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I was pretty pleased with the slight texture on the One X controller. Will probably wear off around the same time it develops stick drift but whatever.

Edit: Is Forza Horizon 3 happening tonight?

Beastie fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 18, 2018

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Beastie posted:

Edit: Is Forza Horizon 3 happening tonight?

It already happened my dude

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
My son is having an issue on our new XBO S and Forza horizon 3. He's at a point where it crashes to the home screen. He can basically reproduce it on demand but sometimes can go 10-15 minutes. We did a hard reboot of the box and still happening.

Doesn't appear to be happening in any other games but haven't had a lot of time on others to fully test.

What other information can I provide or test out to assist?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Did you happen to get the update that put it into 4K the other day? Not sure if it was pushed to consoles other than the X but yours might have downloaded that and it’s causing problems for other consoles. I haven’t seen anything about it on twitter.

Basically, if a hard reboot didn’t do it you pretty much have to reinstall. You won’t lose any progress.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Beastie posted:

Did you happen to get the update that put it into 4K the other day? Not sure if it was pushed to consoles other than the X but yours might have downloaded that and it’s causing problems for other consoles. I haven’t seen anything about it on twitter.

Basically, if a hard reboot didn’t do it you pretty much have to reinstall. You won’t lose any progress.

Thanks. Will give it a try!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is my Xbox broke? When I turn it on and enter my password the screen is just black. I can hit the home button and start games but I can’t see the home screen, store or my games or apps. I can only see the menu.

Is this in my end or theirs?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is my Xbox broke? When I turn it on and enter my password the screen is just black. I can hit the home button and start games but I can’t see the home screen, store or my games or apps. I can only see the menu.

Is this in my end or theirs?

turn on your monitor

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a site to notify me when a digital game goes on sale or hits a target price? Like camelcamelcamel but for Xbone game downloads

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a site to notify me when a digital game goes on sale or hits a target price? Like camelcamelcamel but for Xbone game downloads

https://www.trueachievements.com has this exact thing now.

See https://www.trueachievements.com/products/latest for their store integration

ixnay fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 19, 2018

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sweet, thanks! Now I just have to wait 2 more years for Overwatch to go on sale

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So a friend of mine bought me a gift copy of Uno.

The problem is, she lives in Canada and I’m I the USA, so when I tried to redeem the code, my Xbox threw a fit and said the code was for a different region and I couldn’t redeem it.

Is there any way to fix this, be it a refund for my friend or some kind of redemption code I can actually use?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Xenomrph posted:

So a friend of mine bought me a gift copy of Uno.

The problem is, she lives in Canada and I’m I the USA, so when I tried to redeem the code, my Xbox threw a fit and said the code was for a different region and I couldn’t redeem it.

Is there any way to fix this, be it a refund for my friend or some kind of redemption code I can actually use?

If it's a different region there's not much you can do. If it rejected it then it should still be unused which means she should be able to get a refund.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get a canadian to buy a us copy and trade with you

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Real hurthling! posted:

Get a canadian to buy a us copy and trade with you

Can you choose what region you want when you buy it? If not, how would a Canadian buy a US copy?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The internet

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
You used to be able to just make live accounts with different addresses and just have them all on the same account and switch whenever. I used that on my 360 to get Japanese and American exclusive content all the time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just turned on my Xbone and it’s saying it had a problem with an update; hitting “try again” does nothing and when I test the wireless connection, everything’s copacetic. Is this a known issue?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

You used to be able to just make live accounts with different addresses and just have them all on the same account and switch whenever. I used that on my 360 to get Japanese and American exclusive content all the time.

Yeah, can't you just create a second Canadian XBL account, redeem & download UNO, then play with your US account on the same machine?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Any recommendations for a charging dock for battery packs? UK goon here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I couldn't find anything good so just went with the ol' play and charge.

The few I tried were really finicky.