Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Can we get one of our bots to grab some inevitably hilarious Montoya quotes from the stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Yeah this looks like a bullshit response. Crytek gave some plausible complaints in the lawsuit, at first, without us knowing what was in the GLA. CIG responds to every point with good arguments and the actual text in the GLA pointing out what its a frivolous lawsuit

The counter response is reasserting the original claims that were completely shot down, without actually putting forth anything new or offering a rebuttal

Combined with how they initially tried to conceal the GLA to make it appear they had a viable argument, it seems pretty obvious this is just a cash grab. Their plan is likely to attempt to use the corrupt video game press and publicity to drag this lawsuit out and attempt to get them to settle

People are already floating this exact argument in the refunds thread (which you know because that's where you stole Archered it from I'm sure)

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 19, 2018

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Terebus fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 19, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

People are already floating this exact argument in the refunds thread (which you know because that's where you stole Archered it from I'm sure)

Looks like they need to read it again, slowly this time.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

TheAgent posted:

who will be in the court audience with me. I will buy us hotdogs on the court steps like we're in law & order: space edition

I am so, so down for this. I'm already in DTLA.

I am getting some serious chub thinking about showing up with goon related attire on in front of the backers that will inevitably be there.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:allears:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

this is so cringy

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

please don't end our friendship by calling mortal kombat bad

please

I was just trolling friend. :(

Please understand. A goon must goon sometimes.
also I was super bad at it and I hated getting destroyed by my friends

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M

Leonard French about to give an opinion

Wait what, that poo poo just came out 5 minutes ago, and now I'm gonna miss a Leonard stream?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

:laffo:

Trust me, what's dropping today is so horrific, that I have no idea how Shitizens are going to reconcile their feelings.

I particularly loved, and am looking forward to the brutal evisceration of Ortwin who was just asking for it with his Rule 11 bullshit, which he later put in a public filing which he didn't even need to do. All he did there was piss off the attorneys and set the stage for hostilities.

Oh, and we get to see the infamous Feb 27, 2012 waiver - all 3 pages of it, which prove beyond a doubt that not only did he not disclose that he had an interest in the venture, but also that he was double dealing the whole time. Which is pretty much in the realms of disbarment seeing as the infamous GLA which he negotiated for BOTH sides, is now in dispute.

For me, the hilarity is in FKSS accusing Skadden of hiding the GLA, when in fact they failed to include the highly explosion waiver in their own response. The Skadden response to that is one for the history books.

Other worthy topics include the decimation of the FKKS argument over the meaning of the word "exclusive", as well as their inference that SQ42 is part of SC, is not a separate game, but they are allowed to sell it separately.

As to the engine switching part? loving :laffo: Just wait.

Seriously, from what I hear, the response is absolutely horrific and it's highly unlikely that FKKS will even respond to it without triggering another time bomb that Skadden set for them in it. But knowing Ortwin, my guess is that he's going to respond, thus providing more lols and taking us right into the Feb 9th show-down.

They're hosed. Completely. There is NO way out, there is NO escape, and there is NO coming back from this lawsuit without writing Crytek a big loving check.

My mind is ready, but I’m not sure my body can handle this kind of anticipation mixed with motion.

I can only anticipate that at the end of the thread now is a cauldron full of backer tears and Ortwins disbarment notification as everybody scrambled to reconcile. The shell companies are at defcon 2 to hide the loot.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait what, that poo poo just came out 5 minutes ago, and now I'm gonna miss a Leonard stream?

I'm hoping someone summarizes it, myself, because thirty seconds is about how long I can listen to that dweeb

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Leonard French a backer or just a bad lawyer

Edit: he's just skipped over "and squadron" to avoid making it clear Chris was talking about it as a separate game lol

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Whoever called this a giant nothing burger was right.

They called it.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

I'm trying to push the misery down with brown, and this helped. Knowing there's a bigger genetic/mental fuckup than me is a small comfort.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yes, unless that's an exclusive or

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

I was just trolling friend. :(

Please understand. A goon must goon.
all is forgiven

let's rub

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Edit: he's just skipped over "and squadron" to avoid making it clear Chris was talking about it as a separate game lol

yes

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

zcrow posted:

I'm trying to push the misery down with brown, and this helped. Knowing there's a bigger genetic/mental fuckup than me is a small comfort.

You know how it's always true that there's always someone who is better than you. It's also true that there's someone much worse than you and you can always improve your position on that awfulness/greatness ladder.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheAgent posted:

who will be in the court audience with me. I will buy us hotdogs on the court steps like we're in law & order: space edition
This would be much more fun if you showed up in cosplay supporting CIG.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

all is forgiven

let's rub

Mortal Kombat is worse than star citizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Pacer win! My body is wrecked!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

all is forgiven

let's rub

i never stopped.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

TheAgent posted:

please don't end our friendship by calling mortal kombat bad

please

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I'm calling that tomorrow we all discover the true meaning of friendship.

Called it.
Turns out the true meaning of friendship is respect, liking the same video games, and laughing together at the idiot victims of a scam. The three seashells of friendship.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

He is admitted to the bar in Pennsylvania, but currently does not carry professional liability insurance.

Hypothetical question:

If a backer contributes to his Patreon, and then relies upon his opinions in their decision to not seek a refund, could they later sue him because there was consideration made (payment) in exchange for legal opinion?

Or does he recite boilerplate language about not creating an attorney-client relationship during the stream?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Foo Diddley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M

Leonard French about to give an opinion

and why should we listen to a mongoloid with a stupid hat? If only he was a girl-streamer, then at least we would have some boobs to stare on

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AutismVaccine posted:

and why should we listen to a mongoloid with a stupid hat? If only he was a girl-streamer, then at least we would have some boobs to stare on

I know I ain't watching that poo poo

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

RSI: You can't sue us because it was CIG who signed your stupid deal! :smug:

Skadden:

3. If RSI Is Not A Party To The GLA, Then Crytek's Claims For Copyright Infringement Are Even Stronger:

Defendants' suggestion that RSI is not bound by the GLA igores the implications that holding would have for Crytek's claims of copyright infringement. If the Court determines that RSI is not bound by the GLA, then RSI was not authorized to obtain Crytek's code: RSI is not included on Exhibit 3 to the GLA, which lists the "[a]uthorized third party developer(s)" who are entitled to receive access to Crytek's technology pursuant to Section 2.6 of the GLA. (GLA Ex. 3 at 19). If RSI is not a party to the GLA, then CIG had no license to distribute Crytek's technology to RSI. And a fortiori, RSI had no license to (for example) publish Crytek's source code through the "Bugsmashers" videos hosted on RSI's web site.

Yes!

It’s like Skadden is putting into legally binding documents exactly what everybody here has talked about!

I guess we now know the Skadden intern patrolling the thread is doing her or his job.

You CIG intern better be ashamed. You had all the info but ignored it. For shame, CIG intern!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He keeps missing out big sections of sentences how is anyone buying him as an expert, they don't just add all those words for funsies at $1000 an hour

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Still catching up, posting from the past. Live posting as I read through the response, I liked this part about Skadden not including the GLA in the initial filing:

quote:

Defendants suggest that the Court should draw negative inferences from the fact that Crytek did not file the GLA as an exhibit to its initial and amended complaints. (E.g., Defts.' Br. at 1-2 (accusing Crytek of "conceal[ing]" the GLA from the Court by "deliberately omitt[ing]" and "hiding" the GLA); id. at 9 (describing the GLA as "the hidden document"); id. at 18 (arguing that "the entire FAC should be dismissed for failure to state a claim particularly given the lack of candor by Crytek regarding the GLA."). The GLA contains sensitive business information concerning Crytek's licensing practices and Crytek was not obliged to attach it to a public filing. In any event, the terms of the GLA contradict Defendants' contentions here.

:lol:

This is what a professional filing looks like.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

I know I ain't watching that poo poo

Me either. I got tricked into watching the first one - it was dumb and boring. Dumb hats are dumb.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I kinda feel like TO THE TITS was too much JACKED for today's events. Maybe it would be OK for the 9th but not for this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Called it.
Turns out the true meaning of friendship is respect, liking the same video games, and laughing together at the idiot victims of a scam. The three seashells of friendship.

You did call it. Your posts are super on point. It's impressive.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

I kinda feel like TO THE TITS was too much JACKED for today's events. Maybe it would be OK for the 9th but not for this.

Which is higher on the JACKED scale - ON or TO ?

Whichever is higher should be reserved for the 9th.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

TheAgent posted:

"All rise," bellowed the bailiff.

A tired, annoyed judge, hunched over, walks in. He doesn't look at the defendants, nor the plaintiffs, nor the audience. He knows how this is going to go. He just has to get through it, he tells himself.

"You may be seated," he says, his voice tailing off into a sigh. Exasperation had gripped him for a week, and he saw no use in hiding it today.

"Now, we begin today wi-," he starts, but an airhorn blows from the back of the room. His temper had already risen all morning. He was just waiting for one poke to push him over the edge.

"THE COURT WILL BE IN ORDER!" he shouts, slamming the gavel down again and again, tripling in noise with every slam, every second.

"ya whoa," someone mutters from the back.

The judge's eye quivers, a vein protrudes from his temple. "Excuse me?" he asks, incredulously.

"ya whoa did ehp did eh woah did," said the timid voice again, but louder. Giggles are heard from the general area.

"ORDER, ORDER, I WILL NOT HAVE THESE DISRU-!" he tries to exclaim, cut off by a short burst of another airhorn, from a different corner.

"LET HIM loving FINISH!" growls Derek Smart through convulsions of laughter, tears streaming down his face.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

We jacked too greedily and too deep and have awoken an ancient edging.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

kw0134 posted:

Skadden: "DID WE loving STUTTER :catstare:"

New thread title? Please?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Golli posted:

Which is higher on the JACKED scale - ON or TO ?

Whichever is higher should be reserved for the 9th.

I'm thinking JACKED TO THE KNEES would have been enough for today, there still may have been some excess.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sickening posted:

Whoever called this a giant nothing burger was right.

They called it.

MoMA was actually talking about the worst case scenario being a settlement on the order of “a $10 million Nothingburger”. It was :smuggo: + :lol: poetry, really.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

big nipples big life posted:

I'm thinking JACKED TO THE KNEES would have been enough for today, there still may have been some excess.

So basically wear your galoshes but leave the rain slicker at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

dear god, how can people back this game be so loving stupid

like y'all are loving stupid as hell

goddamn

It's loving amazing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!