Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

President Beep posted:

please elaborate on this.

waterproof lighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

President Beep posted:

vape pen and concentrate i would imagine, but i'm one of those weirdos who hates the scent of the flower (burnt or otherwise)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Improbable Lobster posted:

waterproof lighter

what a country!!

Ciaphas posted:

vape pen and concentrate i would imagine, but i'm one of those weirdos who hates the scent of the flower (burnt or otherwise)

oh, right.

ahem.

President Beep fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 19, 2018

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm so sick and dizzy and coughing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
large bong and a helper outside
we've done shower dabs before
requires coordination

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
closed pr #666 at work

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

closed pr #666 at work

yeah that bitch knuc HATES when u post that, sorry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

it was really hartd for me to leave the local ub becaues the oewner wqnts me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hope you feel better, smoka

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

:(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SmokaDustbowl posted:

flu or cold?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Liver Disaster posted:

ive seen vegas, your not standing out for being 300+
americans are fat and nobody actually cares, taking a walk every day will get you on the road to looking and feeling better
sitting is literally killing you in one of the more miserable ways possible

i think cutting my diet down was the biggest factor in my weight loss but the walking i did also helped a lot. what was nice was i could use the walk to budget myself a treat since i was already massively calorie deficiting through my regular intake.

that said liver disaster is 100% correct, nobody gives a poo poo about you being fat in public. i should know, i peaked at 350pds.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

don't overburden yourself with all health and all fitness at once either, its very hard to just start dieting and exercising regularly and making better health choices (sleeping more, ergonomics, etc) all at once

take it one at a time, starting with exercise or portion control and work your way on from there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

honestly if it weren't me experiencing it, the dichotomy between what i know to be logically and observably true (e.g. that no one gives a poo poo about me being fat in public, that i can feel better about things, and that there is indeed a point to living) and what i feel anyway despite everything (e.g. :gonk:) would be fascinating as hell

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 19, 2018

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

they were evidenced to not really motivate people, but i like to think like fitbit or the apple health app and doing step tracking are a really good way to start and motivate yourself

figure out some way to walk a half mile every day, then a mile, work your way up to 3.5mi/10k steps or whatever

Share Bear fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 19, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

honestly if it weren't me experiencing it, the dichotomy between what i know logically and observably true (e.g. that no one gives a poo poo about me being fat in public) and what i feel anyway (e.g. :gonk:) would be fascinating as hell

at least you realize that. everyone has irrational thoughts sometimes, and I suppose step one of dispelling them is recognizing them for what they are.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

President Beep posted:

at least you realize that. everyone has irrational thoughts sometimes, and I suppose step one of dispelling them is recognizing them for what they are.

lord i've known that for almost all of the 15+ years i've (noticed that i) had depression or mdd or whatever the hell it's called now

it's just that knowledge never actually helps :v:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

do five pushups right now. then do it again tomorrow

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

quote:

I run slow

I work in the social services, and a lot of the people we work with have a lot of regrets. I've asked our case managers to have their clients come out and watch me run. I run so slow, time run backwards. As I waddle along, your life runs in reverse. Scars becomes wounds become chances to exercise better judgement. I run slow.

Like most people, I enjoy running in the mornings, before it gets to hot. Unlike most people, I've been pushed over by a squirrel.

I run slow. Sometimes when I am running, I think of those zen fountains that absorb a drip drip drip of water down a bamboo tube before finally tipping over and dumping their contents into a pool. Each step I take is another drip. I think, that fountain would call me a pussy.

I run slow. But I know where I have been.

Six months ago, I didn't run.

Six months ago, I had heartburn bad enough to keep me from sleeping through the night. Six months ago, I felt like I needed to go to sleep at 2pm. And six months ago, running felt impossible.

I run slow, and I have ways to go. But I can sleep. I feel alive. I can run two, slow, miles. Slowly.

Sometimes I get discouraged. I compare where I am to where other people are. But all that matters is where I am compared to where I was.

Once something good becomes something you are going to do for the rest of your life, the pace becomes less important. I know that my drip drip drip will amount to that deluge, eventually. Someday I will run 3 miles, slowly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im skinny fat so i can justifiably not go to the gym and still appear pretty skinny so it's been hard for me to actually want to work out when i would rather sleep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im skinny fat so i can justifiably not go to the gym and still appear pretty skinny so it's been hard for me to actually want to work out when i would rather sleep

humans need sleep to live, but not exercise. therefore sleep is better for you than exercise.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i absolutely loving hate reading this but i cant define why

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

humans need sleep to live, but not exercise. therefore sleep is better for you than exercise.

the problem is i am an idiot who has a hosed up sleep schedule and insomnia so i am routinely up until 0530 or 0600 then wake up at 0830 or 0900 for work

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i poop too much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i poop too much

no such thing

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the problem is i am an idiot who has a hosed up sleep schedule and insomnia so i am routinely up until 0530 or 0600 then wake up at 0830 or 0900 for work

guess what kind of activity will make it easier to sleep earlier despite insomnia?!?!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Share Bear posted:

guess what kind of activity will make it easier to sleep earlier despite insomnia?!?!

d-

drinking?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

1. find a 24-hour gym
2. go to the gym at 2am instead of reading reddit or whatever
3. when you start exercising you will become tired and your sleep schedule will become easier to regulate

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

skinny is fine but shredded is better

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

exercise
invest a weed
shower

:thumbsup:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sagebrush posted:

skinny is fine but shredded is better

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also here's one real weird thing about exercise: it simultaneously makes it easier to sleep AND gives you more energy.

humans simply did not evolve to sit on their rear end 90% of the time and doing so causes a cascade of effects on every part of your body and mind

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

also here's one real weird thing about exercise: it simultaneously makes it easier to sleep AND gives you more energy.

humans simply did not evolve to sit on their rear end 90% of the time and doing so causes a cascade of effects on every part of your body and mind

i've never understood or experienced the enrgy part even when adhering to an exercise routine for months

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

humans simply did not evolve to sit on their rear end 90% of the time

no but gorillas did, and that's my mindset. speak for yourself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

no but gorillas did, and that's my mindset. speak for yourself

https://www.theonion.com/scientists-successfully-teach-gorilla-it-will-die-somed-1819594897

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i poop too much

And then I get tired

Sagebrush posted:

Where the gently caress is the genetic engineering and badass cybernetic implants to fix this sort of bullshit???

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SO DEMANDING posted:

Where the gently caress is the genetic engineering and badass cybernetic implants to fix this sort of bullshit???

theyre called shoes and a pair of earbuds lol

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

i need to get more exercise, but it doesn’t feel worth it to join a gym and then leave town in a few months, and there’s no space in my apartment for it.

at least i walk a lot.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

theyre called shoes and a pair of earbuds lol

Boooorrrinnnng :rolleyes:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SO DEMANDING posted:

Boooorrrinnnng :rolleyes:

yrou taste in music sucks almost as bad as my typing, then