Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Awesome! posted:

why are you doing this to yourself

For the love of the thread man, and the edification of Beer’s perplexed mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Leonard French saying this thing is probably going to trial is pretty much the best thing that's happened so far. Citizens are completely unsure which direction to run.

I think they're running into walls, glitching through, and falling into the abyss.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Load of bullshit. I was ready and looking forward to transcribing the Netcode Special - because they have a 6 month schedule for rebuilding the networking and this was to be the first time we'd see any details on it since 2016.

*SPOILER* The networking will not be rebuilt in 6 months, it will not be rebuilt in 12 months, it will not be rebuilt at all, ever.

You've been caught there Lando, that's a bare faced lie right there.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

I think they're running into walls, glitching through, and falling into the abyss.

What else can they do on this, the day that Derek called it

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Youtube videos, the only thing they are good at. Can't even follow up on their promises on those.

But I'm sure they'll deliver on totally immersive landing zones for New York, Moscow, Shanghai, etc.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

lol so when disco is going "oh um its just taking a really long time to get up on youtube guys" he means "oh uh we haven't gotten it back from turbulent, the only company involved in this loving mess that actually does anything. and by anything, I mean absolutely loving everything"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

lol no fuckin way. When this is finally confirmed in 2019 I am absolutely dead.

Webpage designers doing a better job of making games than CIG, does not surprise at all, but gets a 10/10 for the sheer insanity of how the whole thing is slowly being torn apart and placed into the public eye like a blue cheese dish, with pineapple on.

The hilarity with SC does in fact, triple every millisecond.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Virtual Captain posted:

Youtube videos, the only thing they are good at. Can't even follow up on their promises on those.

But I'm sure they'll deliver on totally immersive landing zones for New York, Moscow, Shanghai, etc.

they've committed to doing whole planets now so I'm sure we'll have a fully modeled earth around Q3 this year.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Leonard French wtf dude, it's almost like your last video was a bunch of poo poo.

AP posted:

Put me on the other end of the scale.

CIG will continue to exist completely at Crytek's whim, CIG will be privately begging Crytek to settle for whatever cash they can raise. A war bond settlement, no RSI credits accepted.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol that dude has been completely broken by derek

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I struggle to imagine what's compelling someone to maintain their enthusiasm for this shitshow. Is it really just sunk cost fallacy? Is it fear of change? Are they being paid?

I wonder, with this discovery thing, if would we find out who is on the payroll?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

not a cult

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

I'm marking Leir III Sandworm as a broken if I can get at least one other editor to sign off on it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

The important thing is calling that a response is going to get filed on the due date, because you have inside knowledge of how the one of the largest law firms in the world works, a day before the due date.

You should have double downed because this post would be funnier if you had.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
:gary:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm marking Leir III Sandworm as a broken if I can get at least one other editor to sign off on it.
:ohdear:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

:rip: issue council or whatever their loving bug report thing is called. Must have gotten tired of AP sharing the really embarrassing ones. Can't say I blame 'em, I wouldn't want to have to read through 10,000 "Your piece of poo poo game won't even launch" reports every day either.

Star Citizen will definitely come out and be good if they do this

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

SomethingJones posted:

Cut the man some slack why don't ya!? He is figuratively beset by water main breaks and car accidents!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Chalks posted:

it seems fair to me that the damages for violating the GLA should be relative to the amount that they avoided paying in royalties by signing it.

That is one part of it and is referred to in Skadden's filing specifically. But there's more.

Simply put:
Crytek physically built the pitch (their tech and labour) that raised the funding, and they waived a $ value for doing so in return for being associated with the project, amongst other things listed in the GLA. CIG didn't do any of those things so Crytek claim CIG owe them the $ value in damages.

Speculation on that $ value is in the tens of millions but it's going to come down to Skadden and Crytek putting a value on it.

On top of that you have copyright breaches, unauthorised third party use, breach of confidential code, issues around Ortwin's involvment with the company and all the rest of it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=1688s

The best bit of the French video is when he sticks up for CIG by saying their defence (RSI is not bound by the GLA) is false and therefore :gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
At least his hat isn't as loving dumb as last time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Every actual lawyer I've seen who's weighed in on this has said that Crytek's case is kinda flimsy, and that the GLA is weak. This includes Leonard French, YouTube Law, and two guys in Reddit who did actual analysis.

This thread honestly deflects reality as well as t_d. If an event or fact doesn't line up with what you want to believe, then everyone who's saying as much must be wrong, right?

It's honestly pathetic to see. This thread is a lot more fun when SA is acting as the rationale audience, not the group that wants to see this fall so badly they make poo poo up.

Star Citizen is still enough of a disaster that you don't need to fabricate incompetence.

Just quoting this again because :gary:

What do you feel now poster Canine Blues Arooo?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

500 posts while i was asleep? loving rubbing all the way through to the end of the thread

Dusty Lens posted:

We jacked too greedily and too deep and have awoken an ancient edging.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thatguy posted:

The best defense I've seen so far:

the best part of this defense is that illfonic are explicitly named as affiliates in the GLA so their module being hosed up by not having the convidential is CIG's gently caress up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=2005s

No wait, the best bit is when he suggests CIG/RSI doing things like appearing at twitch events promoting Lumberyard isn't actually CIG/RSI promoting a competing engine.

No jury is going to fall for A is connected to C, just because I can prove A is connected to B is connected to C.

:gary: Citizens think this guy is clever.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

At least his hat isn't as loving dumb as last time.

I am reserving judgment until the Honorable Judge Montoya weighs in. I suspect there will be no reversal of his prior findings in this case and that the Plaintiff remains Cry-Rekt!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I should be a lawyer in the US because this poo poo just relies on logic and not being an idiot.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

big nipples big life posted:

Star Citizen ending in a legal tire fire means Chris gets to jump back on kickstarter with a sob story to start fleecing whales again like it's 2012.

Chris's luxury Porsche hire needs backers, get in now and you too can get a digitally signed photo of Chris in a Porsche that you paid for.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=2005s

No wait, the best bit is when he suggests CIG/RSI doing things like appearing at twitch events promoting Lumberyard isn't actually CIG/RSI promoting a competing engine.

No jury is going to fall for A is connected to C, just because I can prove A is connected to B is connected to C.

:gary: Citizens think this guy is clever.

His practice seemed to be focused on defending against BitTorrent/internet piracy claims. This isn't really his area, I am beginning to think.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/smudboy/status/954514887715250181

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

His practice seemed to be focused on defending against BitTorrent/internet piracy claims. This isn't really his area, I am beginning to think.

I honestly fear for my offspring, this poo poo is obvious, you just need the ability to loving read and not be stupid.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Thank you gentlegoon.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=2659s

Mr French finally reads the bit that shows SQ42 shouldn't be sold separately.

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016
So do we have a Goon response to Lemnard's response to CryTek's response to the Motion to Dismiss the First Amended Complaint?

The GrtLrtCrtMtDtFAC if you will?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

AP posted:

I honestly fear for my offspring, this poo poo is obvious, you just need the ability to loving read and not be stupid.

Except Leonard doesn't read

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=4985s

This is the point when the mind of a Star Citizen backer, with a law degree, collapses under the weight of the realisation: CIG are screwed, and both your pledges and dreams are lost.

Bouncing between the denial and bargaining phases :lol:

How much are you in for, lawyer-commando?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

PrimeNerd posted:

So do we have a Goon response to Lemnard's response to CryTek's response to the Motion to Dismiss the First Amended Complaint?

The GrtLrtCrtMtDtFAC if you will?

"If you liked this video, hit Like and Subscribe. If you want to see more videos like this be sure to sign up for my Patreon. And follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MyFace, and Spectrum!"

:sidvicious: :pants: