Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Macksy posted:

It's amazing how the hype for this started red hot and is now nuclear compaired to mvci's lukewarm to several degrees above 0 kelvin. Right place right time I guess. I havent this excited for a game since left for dead 2.

It's not just a dream game, but one that comes off after major disappointers that were Street Fighter V and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. The FGC wants a new big name fighter that catters to them to start off the next generation, and so far they have been disappointed by the (former) King.

Imagine being strictly a 2D fighting game player, outside of indie and small budget games there isn't anything to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Siets posted:

Jmcrofts and Evil Canadian put out good tutorial content that I have always enjoyed while trying to learn new fighting games. (Those are the two that stand out for me, if there are other goon content makers please let me know so I can check them out too.)

But yeah, part of the fun of new fighting games are those first few magical weeks where super high level tech is still undiscovered and people are hard at work trying to find new combos. Also there will inevitably be a prematurely-labeled "OP" character by the unwashed masses who just don't know how to counter whatever simple gimmick keeps beating them. Then you practice countering the gimmick yourself and rack up the hatemail in your inbox when you body the "OP" character spammers.

It is a magical time. Cherish it. :allears:

People are already doing this with Adult Gohan and Kid Buu. It's called blocking and not spamming dragon rush.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's not just a dream game, but one that comes off after major disappointers that were Street Fighter V and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. The FGC wants a new big name fighter that catters to them to start off the next generation, and so far they have been disappointed by the (former) King.

Imagine being strictly a 2D fighting game player, outside of indie and small budget games there isn't anything to look forward to.

Man it has been pretty terrible SF V installed a rootkit on people's PCs and the game didn't even launch with a bunch of features and now they're making it harder to get fight moneys. I love street fighter but Capcom's fighting game division needs a reality check hopefully MvCi bombing did it.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 20, 2018

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Macksy posted:

It's amazing how the hype for this started red hot and is now nuclear compaired to mvci's lukewarm to several degrees above 0 kelvin. Right place right time I guess. I havent this excited for a game since left for dead 2.

It helps when your game doesn't appear to be dogshit before it's even hit storefronts.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

anime was right posted:

i am the best content ccreator of all time

i watched henaki's kanji tutorial for p4a and it taught me kanji is bad

otoh ryus cousin is good so maybe he is right

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jmcrofts posted:

self-plug, not sure if this is quite what you're looking for but go nuts

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2N8qJGW36fym68V1iiZVQvoId4GWlZBw

Got a couple more coming out soon that i filmed during the beta as well

I watched all your vids, good stuff. That match against adult gohan was hype as hell.

You should use english voices though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/954533944279556096

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's hosed up that there's another monster hunter beta going on rn but all i really want is to play more dbzf

never thought i'd be here a year ago

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I need to look back at DBZ and see if Vegeta talks in the third person a lot.

Rewatching replays reminded me that he has a quote that's "Don't you dare disappoint Vegeta!" and it really strikes me as odd.

homeboy refers to his super saiyan form as "Super Vegeta" multiple times to the point some games just call it that

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think super vegeta was a distinct thing from ssj vegeta where he bulked up against cell, this weird halfway point between 1 and 2

and then trunks went super trunks but he did it too hard and his bulk slowed him down and he got owned

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Brother Entropy posted:

i think super vegeta was a distinct thing from ssj vegeta where he bulked up against cell, this weird halfway point between 1 and 2

and then trunks went super trunks but he did it too hard and his bulk slowed him down and he got owned

That's just a dub thing, he calls himself that way before then in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAu0NxnN3Ck&t=196s here's the first time

It's why the super saiyan form in Xenoverse 2 that buffs your ki more than your physical attack is called Super Vegeta

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 20, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A piece of 21's intro leaked.

https://twitter.com/DaTruthDT/status/954496584481419264

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

:eyepop:

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

homeboy refers to his super saiyan form as "Super Vegeta" multiple times to the point some games just call it that

super vegeta is like super saiyan 1.7

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

did anyone who actually knows how to analyze and theorize and test fighitng ame stuff get any time with Nappa? I'm really hoping he ain't rear end, but I can't find much of anything about him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Savage For The Winjun posted:

super vegeta is like super saiyan 1.7

No, it's not, he just calls himself that when he's super saiyan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

No, it's not, he just calls himself that when he's super saiyan

Games like Xenoverse would disagree you can unlock the Super Vegeta transformation.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

did anyone who actually knows how to analyze and theorize and test fighitng ame stuff get any time with Nappa? I'm really hoping he ain't rear end, but I can't find much of anything about him.

I cant do those things but he owns

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Games like Xenoverse would disagree you can unlock the Super Vegeta transformation.

Which is just identical to Super Saiyan except it gives you a ki attack buff because ki spam is Vegeta's whole thing

It's not a separate form or the name for the big muscley form, it's just Vegeta calling himself "Super Vegeta" while he's transformed because he does stuff like refer to himself as "Vegeta-sama" a lot in Japanese. That's it. That's the reference.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Which is just identical to Super Saiyan except it gives you a ki attack buff because ki spam is Vegeta's whole thing

It's not a separate form or the name for the big muscley form, it's just Vegeta calling himself "Super Vegeta" while he's transformed because he does stuff like refer to himself as "Vegeta-sama" a lot in Japanese. That's it. That's the reference.

I know it was a joke Blockhead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

My favorite thing with this game right now has been the fact that the beta is the closest things to a true arcade release in years. No training mode, no tutorials, tons of word of mouth and people figuring out the new tech on their own

Arcade releases have training modes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I know it was a joke Blockhead.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like Vegeta calling himself Super Vegeta because it reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where Wile E Coyote was there for some reason and he calls himself a Super Genius

“Suuu-per Vegeta”

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Unlucky7 posted:

“Prince of all Saiyans, Suuu-per Vegeta”

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Macksy posted:

less "right place right time" and more the only people who said that mvci was good were idiots and people being paid to say it's good while dbfz is actually trying to be a good game instead of a soulless cash grab

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

10/10 gameplay lmao

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i truly believe that fchamp designed the best game he could with the resources capcom allowed him

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
wut is capcom spending their money on if not the dev of mvci

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

KyloWinter posted:

monster hunter and RE

games that sell better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

dlc costumes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KyloWinter posted:

There's some claim out there that the budget of MVCi was lower than the dev budget for SFV Season 2, which, to me sounds crazy but that's what people say

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the games design philosophy and practices weren't those of an "mvc" game as said games are most commonly understood, and it was tested by people who could not or would not play play the game in accordance with it's design.

and also one tester just wanted to make a game that he would win tournaments for (lmao he failed!)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

and also one tester just wanted to make a game that he would win tournaments for (lmao he failed!)

Wait, what?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Night Blade posted:

Wait, what?

talking about mvci

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

NecroMonster posted:

talking about mvci

Still... what?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Been watching some gameplay streams since im getting it on pc and i was wondering what does gohans leveling mechanic actually do?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Clever Spambot posted:

Been watching some gameplay streams since im getting it on pc and i was wondering what does gohans leveling mechanic actually do?

It breaks the magic series so you can make your own custom combos. Also it changes the properties of some of his attacks, like his overhead backhand isn't a charge but a teleport instead.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Cool thanks.

Is there no benefit at all to being anything other than max level than?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Clever Spambot posted:

Cool thanks.

Is there no benefit at all to being anything other than max level than?

It's kind of hard to tell what the levels actually do on their own (at level 1 you get the teleport for example) but Gohan can combo into his level up (It does a explosion) and it's good for ending combos so it might be worth going slow?

It's kind of unclear- that and Gohan resets to level 1 when a round is over iirc.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
goddamn I want to play this game

are the others arcsys game worth a try in the mean time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you get Gohan to level 7 he stays level 7 for the rest of the match.

And yeah eventually you get reverse beat, additional effects on specials (more invuln on 236B?), and there's a couple of damage breakpoints too where you just hit harder in general. I forget if you have to unlock fastfall though.

Kurtofan posted:

goddamn I want to play this game

are the others arcsys game worth a try in the mean time

Yeah pick one and play it, you can't really go wrong