Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

nerdz posted:

Just gonna state the obvious here and let you all know how much EDF5 owns. I love how their reaction to being able to get more FPS in the PS4 was "well now we can just put even more particles and physics and 10 times as much bugs per stage"

Just look at all the locational damage, this enemy has like 3 layers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiXvDzwULz0
Last night I was playing multiplayer against like fifteen of those and we came back from what seemed like certain death due to teamwork and yelling EDF!! a lot and I don't get rushes from video games like that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's an extremely bullshit boss about two hours in that has an instakill gimmick the game doesn't in any way make obvious. That was the real turn off for me.

Is it the one with a few stone gazebos in his arena? I think I threw in the towel on that one.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Still debating getting EDF5. I don't know any Japanese but I think I can probably still figure things out.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's an extremely bullshit boss about two hours in that has an instakill gimmick the game doesn't in any way make obvious. That was the real turn off for me.

It has an audio log in the arena explicitly outlining that. :v:

But yeah, the game isn't designed well enough to assume players will hook into it. Can tell they learned for the surge at least.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So apparently David Cage is being accused of making Quantic Dreams a wretched sexist hellhole of a place to work.

...Is anyone surprised? Even a little? :geno:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
No, but Sony appearing to have blackballed the reporter is looking pretty bad. Wonder how that will end.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I finished Route A in Nier and enjoyed the boss battles. Starting Route B which is a cool change but makes me scratch my head wondering what in the world Route C will be. I want to finish this quick to find out.

e: oh wait, I think I figured it out: Play as Pascal Hope I'm wrong.

Housh fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 21, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nerdz posted:

Just gonna state the obvious here and let you all know how much EDF5 owns. I love how their reaction to being able to get more FPS in the PS4 was "well now we can just put even more particles and physics and 10 times as much bugs per stage"

Just look at all the locational damage, this enemy has like 3 layers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiXvDzwULz0

Yowza

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Housh posted:

Very. Strap yourself in.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

Very. Strap yourself in.

:krad: excited!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ufarn posted:

No, but Sony appearing to have blackballed the reporter is looking pretty bad. Wonder how that will end.

With a fart. Nobody cares that some french dude wont get invited to any preview events or get review copies anymore. Losing access is the cost of doing a real journalism. From sony frances perspective, theres no reason to shmooze a guy who is not going to be a good little marketing vector for their message like all the other enthusiast press shills who didnt write the story

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Is M&B Warband any good on console? It's $5 and my PC isn't really playable at the moment

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Last night I was playing multiplayer against like fifteen of those and we came back from what seemed like certain death due to teamwork and yelling EDF!! a lot and I don't get rushes from video games like that anymore.

Jesus dude hook me up, I want to play this online but the canned messages aren't as easy as monster hunter or PSO.

I just got to mission 100 and holy poo poo, that's probably the most insane EDF has ever been.

if anyone else has EDF in here, let's play

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Housh posted:

:krad: excited!

Route C is quite something alright. If you liked A and B then its going to be good time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Olive! posted:

I know everyone says Lords of the Fallen is bad... but is it that bad?

even if you're way into souls games, you probably won't get that far into lords of the fallen before getting bored/fed up with it. I wouldn't call it a terrible game necessarily, but it does remove most of what's unique about souls games and replaces it with a generic story that's equal parts lame and boring. the gameplay and exploration are about what you'd expect but nowhere near as good. it just misses the mark on most of what it's trying to do

even if you like to laugh at bad games, lotf isn't exactly the technical mess that games like aliens colonial marines are. it's bad enough to not be fun but just good enough to still be uninteresting

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 21, 2018

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is Mutant Football League any good? I'm getting pangs of childhood nostalgia that are making me want it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housh posted:

I finished Route A in Nier and enjoyed the boss battles. Starting Route B which is a cool change but makes me scratch my head wondering what in the world Route C will be. I want to finish this quick to find out.

All You Need Is Hack

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So apparently David Cage is being accused of making Quantic Dreams a wretched sexist hellhole of a place to work.

...Is anyone surprised? Even a little? :geno:

Man, Super Best Friends Play are gonna LOVE playing "The Bad Game 5". :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lords is ok. It has some interesting design but it's not coherent in a similar way to dark souls 3, except to a much greater extent, so the whole thing just doesn't work as well as it should and it ends up being an average experience at best, except for the graphics which are very good. At this point there's a lot of better games to play so it's hard to recommend

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Grabbed hidden agenda for $5 which seems like a good deal, but I'm a bit annoyed that you literally have to play it with a phone. I'm glad they make the playlink logo so big on games that use it so I can avoid them in the future.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

Grabbed hidden agenda for $5 which seems like a good deal, but I'm a bit annoyed that you literally have to play it with a phone. I'm glad they make the playlink logo so big on games that use it so I can avoid them in the future.

I knew that going into it but what's more annoying is that you need to download an app to play it rather than using the browser a la jackbox games. And there's not a single playlink app, you have to download separate apps for That's You and Hidden Agenda.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

When i played it the responsiveness of the phones was total poo poo and it sucked so bad only having a lot of people there helping makes it tolerable

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:siren: Hey there's a TLOU multiplayer-only thread now for all those people (like 3 people :suicide:) who play Factions...or plan to play Factions. Discuss equipment builds, map strategy, or the joy of popping the heads of tourists in this brilliant, dead gay multiplayer game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846894

Also, there's a PSN group dedicated exclusively to TLOU goons called, appropriately, Tourist Head-Popping Enthusiast Club

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

All You Need Is Hack

I've found route B boring because I'm sick of the hacking mini game and have quite a way to go I think.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just give 9S a spear or the fists and never bother with hacking apart from the few times you have to.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just finished Route B in one sitting. Saved it but wont start Route C until tomorrow cause that's a lot of gaming. Haven't gotten into a game like this in a while. Hope Route C builds more on the story and lore.

Also, how long is Route C play through compared to the other two? I found B to be much shorter than A cause I already had most of the side quests done.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The bloater fight in TLOU at the high school on Grounded mode, is the worst thing I've ever tried to do in a video game. I think I've died 50 times and it doesn't even seem like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Route C owns. It's maybe 6 hours or so? You might want to clear out a good chunk of time before you start it, it opens with a bang and never really lets up until the end.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Also be sure to start manually saving in C. It stops autosaving and some things are way less fun (and lose a lot of impact) if you have to keep redoing them because you're a dumbass like me and get wasted because you got careless.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Should I treat myself to a Firecuda SSHD for my PS4, given Seagate's hardware unreliability reputation? And are there better alternatives?

E: Amazon.com shows 6% 1-star reviews. That's not inspiring.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 22, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

The bloater fight in TLOU at the high school on Grounded mode, is the worst thing I've ever tried to do in a video game. I think I've died 50 times and it doesn't even seem like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Bloaters don't like being molotov'ed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I sure wish I had one.

I might be remembering wrong but I could have sworn a molotov spawned in the arena on other difficulties. I can't get the runners to spawn any drat ammo either and everything is a one hit kill on me. Even an indirect spore hit.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

el oso posted:

Route C owns. It's maybe 6 hours or so? You might want to clear out a good chunk of time before you start it, it opens with a bang and never really lets up until the end.
Holy poo poo. Yeah. I think I'll take a couple days off before I start Route C. Route B felt like 4 hours or so with no side quests.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is the route thing with Nier just multiple playthroughs or what? It’s always confusing to read about. Either way I seriously can’t wait to play through it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, they should be called chapters or something rather than routes because you just play through them in a linear fashion

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is the route thing with Nier just multiple playthroughs or what? It’s always confusing to read about. Either way I seriously can’t wait to play through it.

It's "multiple" "playthroughs" hope that clears things up

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Nier A doesn't require any outside explanation. Maybe some games do but you can just play that one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

it's honestly not that bad if you just save every single molotov for that fight, it's easily the hardest part of a Grounded run

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like a dumbass for using the one the game gave me 5 minutes after picking it up, and then the one I crafted. It's not like I didn't know that fight was coming.

I'm gonna try burning my ammo on the bloater before killing the runners to see if they will actually drop ammo for me. Of course my health is so low I can't take a hit either. I honestly don't know if it's possible to finish that fight with the resources I have.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

I've found route B boring because I'm sick of the hacking mini game and have quite a way to go I think.

Yeah, it's divisive for sure. I loved hacking, personally, and it totally added to my experience.

9S definitely needs a spear though.