Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My department's unofficial Dalmatian mascot got hit by a car going way over the speed limit in a residential zone yesterday. He didn't make it. He was a very good dog.

Everyone hug your pups :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

186 posted:

She hugged me pretty big this afternoon. Dogs are the best and I'm sorry to hear about your buddy

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

186 posted:

My department's unofficial Dalmatian mascot got hit by a car going way over the speed limit in a residential zone yesterday. He didn't make it. He was a very good dog.

Oh man...wtf :(

Did the a hole who hit it at least stop?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Nope. Kept right on driving.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

186 posted:

That pisses me off...hope they find them and nail their rear end. Poor dog, how old?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

*rotates in chair to look at bookshelf*

*its all political nonfiction about everything is bad*

*rotates back to computer screen*

*loads up youtube of dog and animal odd couples*

I had to stop reading Nixonland for this reason.

But, I've got fiction books! I'm working through the Dark Tower series and just read The Book of Dust, the pre-quel to the Golden Compass series.

186 posted:

186 posted:

gently caress. Well, this is on theme at least. :smithicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
im gonna track down and run over that good boi killin motherfucker

what a piece of poo poo

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

weird Asian candy posted:

That pisses me off...hope they find them and nail their rear end. Poor dog, how old?

3 years.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't even know what to say. That's awful.

Clearly, a very good boy indeed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That's terrible 186 :smith:

God I'm in that weird part of online dating where there has been a good back and forth with this girl for a couple of weeks, but she's going to be busy for the next couple of weekends because of conferences so now she's gone quiet and probably won't respond to messages for a while. Hopefully we can get that date at the museum when things are less busy for her.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

God I'm in that weird part of online dating where there has been a good back and forth with this girl for a couple of weeks, but she's going to be busy for the next couple of weekends because of conferences so now she's gone quiet and probably won't respond to messages for a while. Hopefully we can get that date at the museum when things are less busy for her.

That's always a crappy place to be. Assume you won't hear back but be sure to drop a casual message in a few weeks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
POor puppers :smith:

Hug you pets they are the pure goodness you get in this world

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

186 posted:

3 years.

Terrible. Rip sweet pup

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Goddammit good dogs should be alive and happy.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I had to stop reading Nixonland for this reason.

But, I've got fiction books! I'm working through the Dark Tower series and just read The Book of Dust, the pre-quel to the Golden Compass series.

How'd you like Book of Dust? I thought it was great.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shangri-Law School posted:

How'd you like Book of Dust? I thought it was great.

I loved it. Punchy, fun, worked seamlessly in the world he previously built without getting too far up it's own rear end like the end of the original trilogy. It was great. It makes me want to re-read The Golden Compass and maybe the second book too.

We were talking about what fictional world you'd choose to live in and while their fictional world is terrible and dominated by religious crazies man I'd love to find out what kind of animal my daemon would be. Also, I want a whole book about the gyptians or just the one dude with the crazy cat. He's the most interesting character to me.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I loved it. Punchy, fun, worked seamlessly in the world he previously built without getting too far up it's own rear end like the end of the original trilogy. It was great. It makes me want to re-read The Golden Compass and maybe the second book too.

We were talking about what fictional world you'd choose to live in and while their fictional world is terrible and dominated by religious crazies man I'd love to find out what kind of animal my daemon would be. Also, I want a whole book about the gyptians or just the one dude with the crazy cat. He's the most interesting character to me.

It's such a great universe and I'm really glad he's revisiting it. They say the second book could be out this year. :woop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Watching Fellowship of the Ring with my son and it's hilarious how Gandalf keeps trying to exit through different doors each time Saruman uses his magic to close one like "Oh maybe this time he'll just let me leave"

Then the wizard fight itself is just garbage. I had forgotten those two things, it's been forever since I've seen this

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shangri-Law School posted:

It's such a great universe and I'm really glad he's revisiting it. They say the second book could be out this year. :woop:

Oh that would be great. I hope they keep the main kid, I liked him a lot.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
gently caress I have two interviews tomorrow that I feel underprepared for. Dont give a poo poo bout the first one gently caress the Koch brothers but the afternoon one is Delta which is my second target. Also just found out I may no longer be qualified for my primary target who I'm interviewing with on Friday so that's cool! gently caress

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hmm..an opening at the local forest office for an entry level position..but it's temporary and a massive paycut. I think I will apply anyway. I need to get my foot in the door.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

gently caress I have two interviews tomorrow that I feel underprepared for. Dont give a poo poo bout the first one gently caress the Koch brothers but the afternoon one is Delta which is my second target. Also just found out I may no longer be qualified for my primary target who I'm interviewing with on Friday so that's cool! gently caress

My old boss was telling me about his career history when he hired me here a few years back. He kept saying he came over from Koch, but I thought he was saying Coke, which led me to believe that the soft drink to utility industry pipeline was alive and well.

Anyway, that's my story

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am gonna try and finally beat fallout 4 after abandoning it years ago when it was a newly released bug hell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Very exciting times in my life. I have decided to stop cross training and return to my original love which is listening to hardcore music by myself while I lift weights and think about Arnold.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
welcome back brother

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

Very exciting times in my life. I have decided to stop cross training and return to my original love which is listening to hardcore music by myself while I lift weights and think about Arnold.

:getin:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am gonna try and finally beat fallout 4 after abandoning it years ago when it was a newly released bug hell

I started Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago along the same thought process. I've modded things so badly that I've recreated the bug hell but I'm pushing through so far.

The infinite carry-weight mod is the only thing I couldn't live without on reflection. I don't have time to care about what I should pick up or not in this particular game full of all sorts of bullshit, if it pops up on the screen I'll pick it up and figure it out later. By figure it out later I mean dump it in the workshop in a never ending losing battle against the inventory swamp, but at least it's there if I decide I want it later.

(yeah it's not worth it really, but I'll manage to complete the game I think)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nice! I just started up the remastered Skyrim. I just got turned into a vampire so I gotta figure out how to cure myself.

Ehud posted:

I too think about the cartoon.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Nice! I just started up the remastered Skyrim. I just got turned into a vampire so I gotta figure out how to cure myself.

shoot the sun bro

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I remember that being a pain in the rear end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sup guys I've got a sore throat and two phone interviews today so go me.

Also really bad gas but fortunately they haven't invented phones that can transmit smells.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Also really bad gas but fortunately they haven't invented phones that can transmit smells.

Actually they have, it's just that no one wants to tell you on account of your bad smell.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

C-Euro posted:

but what if you rip one so legendary it picks up on the receiver

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Today is a beautiful day my friends. Life is good.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

but what if you rip one so legendary it picks up on the receiver

“You’re hired”

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm equally an Eagles Patriots fan so sports will never be this sweet again

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm equally an Eagles Patriots fan so sports will never be this sweet again

lol ok mel jr.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

I remember that being a pain in the rear end.

Not really, the worst part is going to an unmarked place at "dawn," the other requirements are easy.

Finally playing through Skyrim with all the DLC myself, so far Hearthfire is good if you like to tinker and build your own house(s), but man is it a money sink. Dawnguard is pretty fun and I'm just getting started on Dragonborn (what a trash name for a DLC, naming it after a title the main character will hear about 100 times)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I need more veggies in my diet so I am thinking of buying a crock pot and just tossing poo poo in there with chicken and calling it a day for dinner all the time

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You’re actually not a fan of either then so good luck putting the pieces of your brain back together (since i just blew ur mind)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I need more veggies in my diet so I am thinking of buying a crock pot and just tossing poo poo in there with chicken and calling it a day for dinner all the time

Crock pot chicken is one of the worst things in the world.

Do you like dry strings of chicken protein? Do you wish they'd never soak up the liquid you cooked them in no matter how long you let them sit in it? Crock pot chicken is for you!