Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dang Wisconsin sucks SO bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Villanova's Phil Booth broke a bone in his shooting hand last night, is out indefinitely.

Probably there's no team in the country better able to lose a starter at this stage, especially one not named Brunson or Bridges, but they'll be a little thinner, going 8 deep instead of 9.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poque posted:

everybody had been talking about Kansas weaseling back to the top of the Big 12 but I didn't realize they were already up there, even after last night's loss.

Even when Kansas is "bad" like this year they're never actually bad and basically damned near never lose at home. And you typically get a couple of contenders for the league who beat each other up/drop games here and there. Kansas rumbles along being Kansas and it turns out in the end in the bad terrible year for Kansas they tie for the league title at worst.

e: Well 'bad' compared to the rest of the Big 12 in theory, I don't think anyone actually thinks Kansas is a bad team.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 25, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Do you guys think the Gamecocks can make the same noise they did last year without Thornwell?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
here's a cool article about Purdue's offense this year

http://www.batesvilleheraldtribune....617afbd179.html

240 passes in the win over Iowa. that's...a lot.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

The Great Autismo! posted:

That’s absurd, and I love it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Svi Mykhailiuk is 15 months older than Trae Young.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
https://twitter.com/PV_GIA/status/956215321291091968

:monocle:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Much like their caucuses, an Iowan being wrong again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
illini....win???????

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

illini....win???????

For a second there, I thought they were going to call Alstork for a foul at the end and I thought "Huh, that would be a new way for Illinois to lose".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Honest to god headline:

"Police called on suspicious person offering ‘free-throw advice’ at KU men’s basketball dorm"

Apparently he left by the time the cops got there.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If UVA can somehow manage to win their next two games, they’ll have a 3 game lead in the ACC standings with 8 games to go. Louisville is doable. I’ll believe they can beat Duke at Cameron when it happens.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Great Autismo! posted:

Thanks for posting this article, it's really awesome. I've noticed Purdue's high assist numbers over the past few seasons, and seeing it spelled out as a strategy and being perfected by a senior-led offense has been a real treat.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hey Kansas fans, New Mexico just got a commitment from Carlton Bragg. UNM has a pretty good history of taking trouble transfers, but is he gonna be actually helpful?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's be clear on something. J.R. Giddens being "troubled" was being underage in a bar and some meth head kid stabbed him in the leg because he felt threatened in the parking lot. Giddens was immature and likely started the fight but he wasn't a bad kid from what I saw. He was forced to leave the program by Self who was in his first year because no way was that distraction going to screw up his coaching career at KU. He was a good player and a good kid in my opinion.

Carlton Bragg is a shithead who has drug issues and showed up to practice on zero sleep still hammered. He was kicked off the team because not even his dad can get through to him. He would be in the NBA right now if he could get his head screwed on straight. He tried to go detox at Arizona State and fuckin :lol: at that one.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 26, 2018

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

Let's be clear on something. J.R. Giddens being "troubled" was being underage in a bar and some meth head kid stabbed him in the leg because he felt threatened in the parking lot. Giddens was immature and likely started the fight but he wasn't a bad kid from what I saw. He was forced to leave the program by Self who was in his first year because no way was that distraction going to screw up his coaching career at KU. He was a good player and a good kid in my opinion.

Carlton Bragg is a shithead who has drug issues and showed up to practice on zero sleep still hammered. He was kicked off the team because not even his dad can get through to him. He would be in the NBA right now if he could get his head screwed on straight. He tried to go detox at Arizona State and fuckin :lol: at that one.

Yowch, I meant Drew Gordon. Giddens was/is a good dude from what I can tell.

That red text doesn’t lie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh please don't think I'm snapping at you, I'm snapping at nameless kansas fans from my memory who tried to bury Giddens after he left and call him a bad guy which I took issue with.

I hope Bragg can sort himself out he really does have a lot of talent. I just think it isn't great that he keeps transferring to places kind of known for supporting his addictions which of course are all hearsay but that's the word on the street.

I keep that red text as a reminder to myself and others.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If (college) sports doesn't spark some sort of cognitive dissonance in you, you turned your brain off at some point and should try to reactivate it.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
UConn update:

https://twitter.com/noescalators/status/956959499931258880

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

Oh please don't think I'm snapping at you, I'm snapping at nameless kansas fans from my memory who tried to bury Giddens after he left and call him a bad guy which I took issue with.

I hope Bragg can sort himself out he really does have a lot of talent. I just think it isn't great that he keeps transferring to places kind of known for supporting his addictions which of course are all hearsay but that's the word on the street.

I keep that red text as a reminder to myself and others.

No it’s cool. JR Giddens was amazing for us and is a stand up guy, but I understand why Self wanted him out. I never understood why some people poo poo on him.

I hope UNM’s good for Bragg and Jaquan Lyle as well in a similar fashion as it was for Gordon. And yeah, UNM does have a lot of opportunities for partying, which worries me. He’s paying for school the next year, which I normally think is dumb; but maybe it’ll determine how on board he is. I dunno.

UNM has tended to be a place where unwanted players go, for better (Giddens, Gordon and Granger) or worse (Demetrius Walker), so I’m just hoping it’s for the better for both.

E. Three years of Mike Locksley and years of Alford postseasons and Neal have left my brain broken beyond repair. I can’t get upset at sports anymore. Also a Chargers fan.

E2: Like, my first memory of Lobo Athletics when my family moved was the Bliss/Dennehy scandal at Baylor and how that hosed up so many people in Albuquerque.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 26, 2018

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
E: Got duped, my bad, Go Big Red

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 26, 2018

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lmao Terrence Phillips now suspended indefinitely. Jordan Geist is now the only PG left on the active roster.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Carlton Bragg was a player who I thought was going to turn into Thomas Robinson and really thought he was going to have a breakout year his sophomore year, and instead, it all went extremely, incredibly to poo poo.

I hope he puts it together.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

lmao Terrence Phillips now suspended indefinitely. Jordan Geist is now the only PG left on the active roster.

Haha, I just heard this.

Cullen Van Leer is going to have to take up ball handling duties if Geist or Robertson (who is already stupidly unsuited to be a PG) get in foul trouble :stonk: Or apparently (looks up the roster) Brett Rau, who's a walk on.

Between those two let's see what Rau can do.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Oooooh buddy MSU you goofed up

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I just heard this.

Cullen Van Leer is going to have to take up ball handling duties if Geist or Robertson (who is already stupidly unsuited to be a PG) get in foul trouble :stonk: Or apparently (looks up the roster) Brett Rau, who's a walk on.

Between those two let's see what Rau can do.

I'm pretty sure Brett Rau has a torn groin or something too, but can still play.

EEEEEEEEEEEE

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/957281555923329025

Right up there with yankees_fans.gif for all reactions you miss until you've seen it 20-30 times.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's still so drat good.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Virginia's win over Duke today is their first at Cameron since 1995. I don't think UVA will run the table in the ACC, betting they lose at Florida State if not earlier. But it's a pretty commanding conference lead, especially if they beat Louisville Wednesday night.

NC State meanwhile is off till Saturday, which is good since literally anybody they played midweek would blow the doors off them and every State fan would still be too dazed and hungover to care.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/957379874448183296

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 27, 2018

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee played some stifling defense and rode the bench to blow out Iowa State today. Winners of 6 of the last 7 with the next 2 games upcoming at home against LSU and Ole Miss.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Virginia's win over Duke today is their first at Cameron since 1995. I don't think UVA will run the table in the ACC, betting they lose at Florida State if not earlier. But it's a pretty commanding conference lead, especially if they beat Louisville Wednesday night.

NC State meanwhile is off till Saturday, which is good since literally anybody they played midweek would blow the doors off them and every State fan would still be too dazed and hungover to care.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/957379874448183296

Let's loving goooooooo

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Looks like Terrence Phillips is a sex creep and is being investigated under Title IX abuses.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Probably Magic posted:

It's still so drat good.

:agreed:

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
N: Virginia wins at Duke for the first time in 23 years GREYSON WALKED and have a 95% chance of winning the ACCT 1 seed.

V:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Looks like Terrence Phillips is a sex creep and is being investigated under Title IX abuses.

Yeah I saw this the other day and it made me sad. I mean Phillips appeared to be a pretty good guy, his non-profit was a cool thing and he had to jump through NCAA hoops to make it happen. He happens to be very bad at basketball but did always appear to be trying and didn't complain about (validly) losing what a lot of people thought would be his job this year.

I liked the guy if not the player from what I knew about him, shame he's apparently a creep.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
It's weird because people thought he'd be good this year with better talent around him, but it turns out looking good on a poo poo rear end team doesn't mean anything

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So week before last, Tech forgot how to basketball, losing to UT and ISU on the road. Last week, Tech remembered, beating Oklahoma State at home and South Carolina on the road.

Tech's offense has to out-play its talent every road game from here on out to hope to stay in contention in the big xii. Would love to get a road win over TCU this week.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska was down 11 with 10 minutes to go last night in Madison, but finished the game on a 30-8 run to win by 11. I can't imagine that having happened with many Husker teams in the past.

Our RPI/lack of quality wins makes the margin for error in reaching the tourney very thin, but heck, if they can do that on the road, I have some hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska was down 11 with 10 minutes to go last night in Madison, but finished the game on a 30-8 run to win by 11. I can't imagine that having happened with many Husker teams in the past.

Our RPI/lack of quality wins makes the margin for error in reaching the tourney very thin, but heck, if they can do that on the road, I have some hope.

They'll need a deep Big Ten tournament run. There aren't many quality wins to be found in conference this year and the Huskers have single match ups with the few good teams.

• Locked thread