System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just don't like the idea of not actually dying in survival. Feels like getting a free continue :shrug:

I can totally see why you'd prefer the flow of the game though.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The death penalty needs to be bigger though. There have been times when dying would be advantageous because it consumes less resources than hiking back to a settlement would have.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I never even knew before just now that I didn't want a Fallout 4 version of Dark Souls progression.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just don't like the idea of not actually dying in survival. Feels like getting a free continue :shrug:

I can totally see why you'd prefer the flow of the game though.

Here's the thing:

It's the opposite of that. Reloading your save is a free continue. You can try as many times as you like and it won't cost you anything. Horizon's revival system actually punishes you for failing, because you can't instantly try again and any ammo, grenades, healing items etc. you use up are gone.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Combat shotgun sounds too weeny. The gunshot replacer mod didnt improve it. I need a shotgun sound that sounds as big and mean as my gun should sound. Everything else sounds fine though. Any recommendations?

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 23, 2018

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Terrorforge posted:

Here's the thing:

It's the opposite of that. Reloading your save is a free continue. You can try as many times as you like and it won't cost you anything. Horizon's revival system actually punishes you for failing, because you can't instantly try again and any ammo, grenades, healing items etc. you use up are gone.

Yea I get ya, I just prefer the finality of dying and not just sitting down when a deathclaw bites my face off or whatever.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 23, 2018

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I get what your saying. Why not just make you have to pay some caps or take a penalty of some sort and then respawn back at a settlement? That's the most I'd be willing to go with. Nothing too permanent though, and nothing that can put you in a "you're hosed, better restart" scenario, such as leaving you with no resources.

However, I'd rather have a game that works with that kind of thing better than fallout 4. It doesnt seem like it would feel right to have a death penalty system.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Does Horizon also include Metroidvania elements? Can't just leave it at Dark Souls and Roguelike.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Lone Badger posted:

You need to use the Command Table to send engineers on missions. Everytime they complete a mission the 'engineering' skill goes up 1-4 points. When it hits 25 mess about in the command table for a bit then back out and yiu should have the Engineering Skill Lvl1 perk. 50 is level 2, 75 is level 3.

The one-engineer mission ('craft devices') gives the same skill raise as the three-engineer mission ('research') and you can do it three times as much. So craft devices for levelling.

Oh is that right? Does the command Table work for all skill folks in all settlements or only for the one where you are put a table?

Also I made some cargo bots, or thought I did, but I am not sure how to use them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Command Table has infinite reach. It controls all mission workers everywhere, and brings the fruits of their labors to itself.

There's another table from which you get your crops, purified water etc. It also has infinite reach.

'Cargo bots' are used to build certain buildings. Cargo bot control chips are used with a cargo bot station to increase your carry weight.

After you build... something, not sure what... you can make cargo bot summoners in the tech lab that bring a bot to you to collect all your junk.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 23, 2018

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I used Horizon awhile ago, and I didn't really enjoy most of the changes. Felt like way too much tedium / micromanagement of resources. You can make the argument that it's more engaging to have to decide between using adhesive on a bandage or a weapon upgrade, but when pretty much the entire game becomes a series of compromises, it feels like too much of an uphill battle and becomes very tiring. This is besides the fact that getting other mods to play nice with it can be a huge chore, and especially now when I look at the previous page of this thread and it becomes almost indecipherable that people are even talking about Fallout 4 anymore, I think the mod just goes overboard in what it's trying to achieve. I'd really like some middle-balance sort of option between Horizon and vanilla, though, since vanilla is just Power Trip Simulator 2016.

That said, VIS sucks and I miss how Horizon sorted poo poo for DEF_UI the most out of anything. It was all so drat clean and organized.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
What are some decent lore friendly gun mods that don't have clipping or animation issues? Most of the high endorsed stuff on Nexus seems to be high speed low drag tacticool ARs and the like. :negative:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

turn off the TV posted:

Does Horizon also include Metroidvania elements? Can't just leave it at Dark Souls and Roguelike.

There's a scan visor you unlock after you fight Mecha Three Dog.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Yeah, Horizon does not sound at all like my jam--though I'm glad it's there for those of you who are super into that kind of thing--but I am eagerly awaiting the standalone version of Architect, weirdly enough. I love messing around with Sim Settlements and I just want to give Architect a spin and see how it goes. Too bad there's really no polite way to barge into a mod thread and say "I don't actually wanna play your main mod but what's the ETA on this other thing you're making being its own thing" because I'd love to know how it's progressing...

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

What are some decent lore friendly gun mods that don't have clipping or animation issues? Most of the high endorsed stuff on Nexus seems to be high speed low drag tacticool ARs and the like. :negative:

Depends on exactly how anal you are about "lore friendly".
The Wattz Laser Gun: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26386
The Fallout 3 DKS-501 Sniper Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909
"That Gun": https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10669
The Fallout 3 R91 Assault Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27101
12.7 mm Pistol: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23434
FNV Assault Carbine/Service Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069

And less lore friendly, but high quality and still aesthetically fitting:
A bullpup Bozar variant: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28478
A cool revolver rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170
A weapons pack by asXas: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26076 (Contains a "Crude Blowback" and "Handmade Revolver" based on concept art for FO4, a Varmint Rifle, an M1 Garand, and a Russian SKS rifle. You can get them all individually if you only want the most lore-friendly stuff though.)

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea I get ya, I just prefer the finality of dying and not just sitting down when a deathclaw bites my face off or whatever.

Fair enough. If you don't like it you don't like it, I've just seen a lot of people make the "too easy" complaint and it never made sense to me.

The Skeleton King posted:

I get what your saying. Why not just make you have to pay some caps or take a penalty of some sort and then respawn back at a settlement? That's the most I'd be willing to go with. Nothing too permanent though, and nothing that can put you in a "you're hosed, better restart" scenario, such as leaving you with no resources.

However, I'd rather have a game that works with that kind of thing better than fallout 4. It doesnt seem like it would feel right to have a death penalty system.

That's exactly how the Horizon system works. There's also a standalone mod that does similar things.

Personally I've long felt a lot of Bethesda games (Elder Scrolls in particular but Fallout as well) don't feel like they're designed with the save system in mind at all. It's so easy (and therefore tempting) to cheese, and even when you're not deliberately save scumming any difficult part has you doing it anyway because you're reloading over and over and over every time you die until you get the result you want.

potaties posted:

I used Horizon awhile ago, and I didn't really enjoy most of the changes. Felt like way too much tedium / micromanagement of resources. You can make the argument that it's more engaging to have to decide between using adhesive on a bandage or a weapon upgrade, but when pretty much the entire game becomes a series of compromises, it feels like too much of an uphill battle and becomes very tiring. This is besides the fact that getting other mods to play nice with it can be a huge chore, and especially now when I look at the previous page of this thread and it becomes almost indecipherable that people are even talking about Fallout 4 anymore, I think the mod just goes overboard in what it's trying to achieve. I'd really like some middle-balance sort of option between Horizon and vanilla, though, since vanilla is just Power Trip Simulator 2016.

There's War Never Changes. Never tried it myself but it seems to be a similar but less Survival-focused overhaul without a lot of the "bloat" that turns people off Horizon. Although I find it absolutely adorable that it bills itself as "The most complete, All in One, gameplay mod released for Fallout 4" when, you know, Horizon exists.

atomicgeek posted:

Yeah, Horizon does not sound at all like my jam--though I'm glad it's there for those of you who are super into that kind of thing--but I am eagerly awaiting the standalone version of Architect, weirdly enough. I love messing around with Sim Settlements and I just want to give Architect a spin and see how it goes. Too bad there's really no polite way to barge into a mod thread and say "I don't actually wanna play your main mod but what's the ETA on this other thing you're making being its own thing" because I'd love to know how it's progressing...

If you're really jonesing for it, you can download the Horizon main files and just deactivate everything that isn't Architect. It's set up such that Architect.esp is the vanilla-complaint to-be-standalone files and there's a separate patch that makes it work with Horizon, so you can just disable that and use it for a vanilla game.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Depends on exactly how anal you are about "lore friendly".
The Wattz Laser Gun: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26386
The Fallout 3 DKS-501 Sniper Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909
"That Gun": https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10669
The Fallout 3 R91 Assault Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27101
12.7 mm Pistol: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23434
FNV Assault Carbine/Service Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069

And less lore friendly, but high quality and still aesthetically fitting:
A bullpup Bozar variant: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28478
A cool revolver rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170
A weapons pack by asXas: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26076 (Contains a "Crude Blowback" and "Handmade Revolver" based on concept art for FO4, a Varmint Rifle, an M1 Garand, and a Russian SKS rifle. You can get them all individually if you only want the most lore-friendly stuff though.)

I mostly mean fitting with the aesthetic of the game as it is, which means not a ton of matte black tactical elite assault rifles and poo poo mostly. Thanks for the list. :toot:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

I mostly mean fitting with the aesthetic of the game as it is, which means not a ton of matte black tactical elite assault rifles and poo poo mostly. Thanks for the list. :toot:

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured, since that's exactly what I wanted, which is why I had that list.
No, I don't want a loving carbon-fibre FN P90 with tactilol ACOG sights thanks, it looks wildly out of place. :colbert:

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Horizon is a lot less overwhelming to play than to read about I've found - I just recently reinstalled FO4 for a Horizon run and while it was tough going pre-level 10 I'm starting to settle into a more familiar rhythm that feels almost like vanilla. The Wanderer has a bunch of Horizon/Frost playthroughs on YT, including quick start guides, and he streams pretty regularly so I've popped into his chat to ask a few questions too. I've been playing with Sim Settlements ROTC so settlement management hasn't been too taxing, I've just been focused on combat and collecting scrap like pretty much any other playthrough without going too deep into the missions/jobs side of Horizon. Resource scarcity is a thing but it's really only ammo at this point which is exactly what I've been looking for since NV.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Open console, "getthefuck.overhere <base id>".

Whereupon he immediately tells you to go to Tenpines and protect them from the Legendary feral bloated glowing radroach swarm.

From a while ago, but tried this using player. placeatme and it's like the game made a dummy Preston that doesn't actually talk. Is there a different command for this purpose?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

From a while ago, but tried this using player. placeatme and it's like the game made a dummy Preston that doesn't actually talk. Is there a different command for this purpose?

Yeah. .placeatme creates a new instance of the NPC. You have to do:
code:
prid [refID]
moveto player
This "mod" contains .bat files for all the vanilla companions to streamline the experience.

e: note that "ref(erence) ID" is a different value to "base ID"

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I'd like to see a mod that introduces a Dark Souls styled system, where instead of being frozen you are actually a clone or synth of some kind and every time you die you wind up back at Vault 111 with nothing but a vault suit, you could even go back and loot your own corpse. Maybe even step it up by only giving you as many chances as there are cryo pods in the vault.

e. I wasn't wrong. I liked seeing it. Thanks.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 23, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I'd like to see a mod that introduces a Dark Souls styled system, where instead of being frozen you are actually a clone or synth of some kind and every time you die you wind up back at Vault 111 with nothing but a vault suit, you could even go back and loot your own corpse. Maybe even step it up by only giving you as many chances as there are cryo pods in the vault.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23867/

Respawn Relays posted:

SOFTCORE: When you die, you will simply respawn at the set location.
LIGHT: When you die, you will respawn at the set location and be feed 10% of your bottlecaps.
HEAVY: When you die, you will respawn at the set location as well as drop everything and must return to your death location to retrieve your items.
HARDCORE: Same as HEAVY, except dying again will cause the previously dropped items to be lost for good if they were not retrieved.

No "limited chances" option, but otherwise here's your wish.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
There is another problem to a lot of these respawn systems -

when a game isn't built for it from the ground up, the prospect of dying and running back to pick up your gear is... pointless. Everything is dead. All it offers is a sort of soft auto-save and corpse run.

This isn't like dark souls where you forfeit whatever you gained from progress... but have to re-progress.

This isn't like, say, Dragon Quest, where the intent is to abstract the grind by forcing additional random encounters on you until you're sufficiently leveled for the content -- although I suppose it could be with something like war of the commonwealth, or NPCs travel.

I REALLY like soft failure states in games. Both above games are two of my favorites exactly because of the way they handle failure. I would love it if Bethesda games had something similar - but the problem is, a game needs to have more consideration for the failure state in mind from the get-go. Beth basically puts zero effort into failure in their games, beyond quicksave/reload. And they're loving awful for it. But because of that, you need to do more than slap a respawn system in your fallout or elder scrolls. Otherwise you'll literally be running, doing loving-poo poo-all, directly back to the last enemy that killed you, wondering the whole time why you didn't just load your last save. Which inevitably happens.

Worst part - beth games aren't stable enough to just limit saves. It's the one reason I don't play F4 Survival as-is. If it isn't the game killing me and sending me back half an hour - it's the game crashing and sending me back half an hour. So sure, mods that limit saving could just sort of force you to not save impulsively - but they're problems waiting to happen.

tl;dr I love graduated failure states. it's a losing proposition in bethesda games, and this frustrates me to no end.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah I had to unlock the console and go ahead and grab the reusable save item in Horizon because I was having CTDs in Sanctuary that were simply driving me berserk.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Making it like an old school MMO where you die and have to run back to your body to grab your poo poo is probably the most fun idea I've seen for Fallout survival mode.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kiggles posted:

There is another problem to a lot of these respawn systems -

when a game isn't built for it from the ground up, the prospect of dying and running back to pick up your gear is... pointless. Everything is dead. All it offers is a sort of soft auto-save and corpse run.

This isn't like dark souls where you forfeit whatever you gained from progress... but have to re-progress.

This isn't like, say, Dragon Quest, where the intent is to abstract the grind by forcing additional random encounters on you until you're sufficiently leveled for the content -- although I suppose it could be with something like war of the commonwealth, or NPCs travel.

I REALLY like soft failure states in games. Both above games are two of my favorites exactly because of the way they handle failure. I would love it if Bethesda games had something similar - but the problem is, a game needs to have more consideration for the failure state in mind from the get-go. Beth basically puts zero effort into failure in their games, beyond quicksave/reload. And they're loving awful for it. But because of that, you need to do more than slap a respawn system in your fallout or elder scrolls. Otherwise you'll literally be running, doing loving-poo poo-all, directly back to the last enemy that killed you, wondering the whole time why you didn't just load your last save. Which inevitably happens.

Worst part - beth games aren't stable enough to just limit saves. It's the one reason I don't play F4 Survival as-is. If it isn't the game killing me and sending me back half an hour - it's the game crashing and sending me back half an hour. So sure, mods that limit saving could just sort of force you to not save impulsively - but they're problems waiting to happen.

tl;dr I love graduated failure states. it's a losing proposition in bethesda games, and this frustrates me to no end.

You make it sound like it's a low effort thing or a bad game thing when it's just a "this isn't that kind of game" thing. Not every kind of game is like that.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
right. and I am saying that games that are "lol just quickload" are low effort and a bad game thing.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Kiggles posted:

Now I haven't played with it for all that long, but my experience of the Horizon system (which isn't corpse run, it just boots you back to your nearest settlement with a small cap deduction) is that I usually died because I got in over my head. So I'd normally just mutter to myself about wasting my grenades and go find something else to do.

Kiggles posted:

That's actually an advantage of putting in a death system - you don't have to limit saves for death to have weight. Assuming you have the discipline to not deliberately save scum there's no reason not to save constantly. Also, if that's all that's keeping you out of survival, get one of a billion mods that re-enable saves.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Bloodplay it again posted:

I had only played through the first DLC that was released, so I figured I'd give the game a shot again, but I'm running into a weird bug where low res textures are loading in and never disappearing. I have the high res texture pack installed and it looked great the first couple of nights I played, but now it's like the low quality textures are covering up the high res textures, even when I restart the game completely. Pretty much every "fix" I have come across involves editing an ENB config file and I'm not using anything like that. Here's my load order:

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

On top of this, I have a mod installed in the game's directory to enable achievements because having the unofficial patch enabled disables achievements.

Is this a mipmapping issue? I just stared at a car for a while (when the high res textures load, the rust has pretty defined edges) and as I watched it scoot across the ground very slowly, the high res textures never loaded. I'm using a 6700k/16GB RAM/980ti at 2560x1440. Very small world objects like the sandbags seem to have their HQ textures, but the overwhelming majority of the textures look like I'm playing with a much lower LOD.

From a few pages back, but I managed to fix this by loading up my save file without the high res textures, saving, exiting, then re-enabling and reloading. Been playing the past couple of days without having to wait for high res textures to load. At first I was wondering whether 6GB VRAM was too little to properly utilize the textures, which doesn't seem to be the case. Prior to this, I changed the mipmapping to -1 which kinda worked, but tanked my frame rate due to high res textures loading for objects hundreds of feet from my character.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Kitfox88 posted:

I like this version of the Service/Assault rifle from FNV: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28547

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Ee0v2fprU

My only complaint is the sound is a little weak on the firing, but I might try changing that for mine. It starts off with an A1 receiver, and the receiver mods visually change it to A2 and M4A1 uppers. No RIS/RAS/Keymod/M-LOK rail systems on the handguard front, just wood and polymer. Reload anims are pretty cool too.

I'm trying to get as many guns into my save as possible for variety's sake. I was initially pleasantly surprised to see a CZ 75 mod, but the iron sight view is so out of alignment that I couldn't use it.

Also, I'm using survival mode for the first time, and I'm now looking into modding that aspect too. I for whatever reason have 24 stimpaks which seems excessive seeing as I've only reached Starlight drive-in so far.

Falken fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 24, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Falken posted:

Also, I'm using survival mode for the first time, and I'm now looking into modding that aspect too. I for whatever reason have 24 stimpaks which seems excessive seeing as I've only reached Starlight drive-in so far.

The reason is that Fallout 4 is not in any way designed for challenge and the vanilla Survival mode is a clueless hack job that just retunes damage in the most obnoxious way possible and rips out several mechanics the game was designed around with no regard for how this changes the gameplay, resulting in a game that's far more annoying to play without really addressing any of what made its lack of challenge unfun in the first place.

If you don't want to use Horizon (which you probably don't if you're super fond of your gun mods and don't feel like patching them yourself) try War Never Changes for a one-stop overhaul and/or some combination of Survival Options, Loot Overhaul, Better Locational damage or equivalent mods.

Disclaimer: never actually used any of those, they're just standard recs not my personal ones because I just play Horizon

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Reposting this here b/c I posted it in the wrong Fallout thread. Whoops.

I'm having some issues with mods seemingly not loading. I'm using NMM because I don't plan on using very many mods and also because I am lazy. Here's what I'm using along with which mods I know for a fact are and are not working:

F4SE
Lowered Weapons (doesn't work)
Armorsmith Extended
Summon Companions (doesn't work)
Grasslands
Easy Hacking (works)
Visible Weapons (doesn't work)
Weightless Junk & Other Items (works)
AWKCR
Docile Radstags (works)
Pip-Boy Flashlight (works)
DEF_UI + DEF_INV (doesn't work)
VIS Valdaci's Item Sorting (works, but shows item names in brackets like 'Duct tape {{Adhesive}} {{Cloth}}' because DEF_UI/INV isn't working)

I'm mainly interested in getting DEF and VIS working, most of the others I can take or leave. The only thing that I can think of that would be causing this issue is that I uninstalled the game awhile ago and reinstalled it to a new location, but after I did that I rescanned my game directories with NMM, selected the correct directory and reinstalled all the mods.

Is there anything blatantly obvious I might be overlooking?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

kedo posted:

Reposting this here b/c I posted it in the wrong Fallout thread. Whoops.

I'm having some issues with mods seemingly not loading. I'm using NMM because I don't plan on using very many mods and also because I am lazy. Here's what I'm using along with which mods I know for a fact are and are not working:

F4SE
Lowered Weapons (doesn't work)
Armorsmith Extended
Summon Companions (doesn't work)
Grasslands
Easy Hacking (works)
Visible Weapons (doesn't work)
Weightless Junk & Other Items (works)
AWKCR
Docile Radstags (works)
Pip-Boy Flashlight (works)
DEF_UI + DEF_INV (doesn't work)
VIS Valdaci's Item Sorting (works, but shows item names in brackets like 'Duct tape {{Adhesive}} {{Cloth}}' because DEF_UI/INV isn't working)

I'm mainly interested in getting DEF and VIS working, most of the others I can take or leave. The only thing that I can think of that would be causing this issue is that I uninstalled the game awhile ago and reinstalled it to a new location, but after I did that I rescanned my game directories with NMM, selected the correct directory and reinstalled all the mods.

Is there anything blatantly obvious I might be overlooking?

Weightless Junk won't be compatible with VIS. Sorting mods are generally not compatible with anything that edits items. It's also apaprently deprecated because of some bug that breaks it? Idk it hasn't been tocuhed since 2015 one way or another so maybe find something better

Summon Companions isn't a proper mod, but rather a bunch of .bat files you're supposed to dump in your root Fallout directory.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks, I should have mentioned that when I've tried to install VIS I've uninstalled Weightless Junk since I assumed they'd fight with each other. However VIS isn't really the problem as it seemingly works, but it's just kinda useless without DEF_UI/INV.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Your F4SE may also not be working because Bethesda patched Fallout 4 yesterday to push out more Creation Club stuff, which breaks F4SE and will thus break any mod depending on it

If that's the case this will fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/7sobus/psa_you_can_download_this_mod_to_autobackup_your/

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Terrorforge posted:

Yeah. .placeatme creates a new instance of the NPC. You have to do:
code:
prid [refID]
moveto player
This "mod" contains .bat files for all the vanilla companions to streamline the experience.

e: note that "ref(erence) ID" is a different value to "base ID"

That did it! Thanks

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lum_ posted:

Your F4SE may also not be working because Bethesda patched Fallout 4 yesterday to push out more Creation Club stuff, which breaks F4SE and will thus break any mod depending on it

If that's the case this will fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/7sobus/psa_you_can_download_this_mod_to_autobackup_your/

How long does it usually take the F4SE people to release a new one anyway?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

drat, I knew I should have stopped that update. Now I have no games I want to play right now.

drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress the unique in the new creation club poo poo is stupid humongous, and despite being patterned after the colt 6520 it's still a semiauto magazine feed BETHESDA