Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I have this big rear end bass (instrument, not fish) cabinet that has a juicy celestial loudspeaker in it and is vintage!!! People just loving refuse to buy it. I've lowered the price twice now. Once to $75 and again to $50. I would just donate it but it's the principle of the thing! Like, seriously there isn't a single teenager out there who wants to play ultra-loud punk rock for cheap? It's mind boggling. I'm practically begging people to take this thing and for some reason they won't. When I lowered the price this last time I even put "OBO" in the ad.

I'm at my wits end, GBS.

Anyone else have stuff even the filthy denizens of craigslist refuse to buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
my dick :(

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Have you tried OBO?

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

I have this big rear end bass (instrument, not fish) cabinet that has a juicy celestial loudspeaker in it and is vintage!!! People just loving refuse to buy it. I've lowered the price twice now. Once to $75 and again to $50. I would just donate it but it's the principle of the thing! Like, seriously there isn't a single teenager out there who wants to play ultra-loud punk rock for cheap? It's mind boggling. I'm practically begging people to take this thing and for some reason they won't. When I lowered the price this last time I even put "OBO" in the ad.

I'm at my wits end, GBS.

try again for $5

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I have a Hammond organ that suffers the same fate, OP.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Dairy Days posted:

try again for $5

NO DAMNIT IT'S WORTH MORE THAN THAT!!!!!

*Changes ad to read "$5 OBO"*

numberoneposter posted:

:respek:Solidarity:respek:

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
nothing too big op. i've put some niche junk on craigslist that i dont expect to sell and it usually doesn't, i don't renew the ads and it's nothing too big ever. craigslist where i live seems dead these days, i think everyone is selling in facebook groups now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Uncensored pictures of my fat hog.

Really cheap and people assume I'm a pervert but really it's tastefully lit and arranged collages of a fat pig that lives in my yard sometimes.

e: really though this last summer we did a cleanup of our house and got rid of some old items we don't use any more and my wife put an ad on craigslist saying "come get this useless poo poo it's free and by the mailbox" and someone was there with a truck no poo poo 10 minutes later. We live basically in the rear end end of nowhere. I have no idea how anyone got to it that fast.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Weapons grade nuclear material.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oxycontin

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
A lift LAY-Z BOY type chair for a old person. These are seriously $1000+bucks, it's a brand new high end one, weighs a ton, you can tell it's quality.

You can't tell someone spent their last days dying in it and I couldn't dump it for $75 OBO.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take pics

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Spinster posted:

You can't tell someone spent their last days dying in it and I couldn't dump it for $75 OBO.

I think it's just assumed with a lazboy

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

can you sell exclusive merchandise like mary kay cosmetics or will mary kay power up her robot coffin and kill you?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Craigs

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Tube TV

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Meat.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
JO crystals

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

I would like a Hammond cheese plz. :v:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
iphone 4 for sale works good $100

*screen is shattered into 1000 pieces*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

You don't sell those. They are for your closest JO bros.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I would like a Hammond cheese plz. :v:

:rimshot:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i got kicked off bumble right after i found a woman to buy my katana

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What brand is the speakers OP?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What brand is the speakers OP?

It's a celestial loudspeaker. The original speaker that came with the cabinet. That is old enough to have still been made in America.

E: :911:

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 26, 2018

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
my farts

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Animal House film poster

I have never seen animal house

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's a celestial loudspeaker. The original speaker that came with the cabinet. That is old enough to have still been made in America.

E: :911:

What do they look like?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

You don't sell those. They are for your closest JO bros.

No poo poo Sherlock. That's why I listed them in this thread :confused:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What do they look like?

...um. It looks like a speaker. In a cabinet.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No poo poo Sherlock. That's why I listed them in this thread :confused:

Sorry, bro. Let me make it up to you, JO sesh?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_VTvQLAfaE

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

People keep flaking on buying these vintage JBL speakers from me.

I might just keep them at this point.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

...um. It looks like a speaker. In a cabinet.

Okay then. Well depending on what they actually are, there is some decent sales on Ebay.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

I'm at my wits end, GBS.

you should offer to deliver it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Okay then. Well depending on what they actually are, there is some decent sales on Ebay.

I didn't realize you were serious. It's a peavy 115 bass enclosure. It has an old celestial 15" loudspeaker that has black and white graphics on it. It's loving loud.

Ebay, huh?

Who pays for shipping in a situation like that? I was trying to sell it locally because it weighs a metaphoric gently caress-ton.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Afro posted:

you should offer to deliver it

I should probably put that in the ad, huh? I kind of planned on it anyway.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

baby shoes that've never been worn. everyone sends you "omg im so sorry" emails. no, I just had a friend ask me to sell some that their kid hated. this is not what you think it is.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I didn't realize you were serious. It's a peavy 115 bass enclosure. It has an old celestial 15" loudspeaker that has black and white graphics on it. It's loving loud.

Ebay, huh?

Who pays for shipping in a situation like that? I was trying to sell it locally because it weighs a metaphoric gently caress-ton.

I sell electronics on Ebay (not speakers though). It depends on what you want to do, but if it's a desirable item, buyers are usually okay with paying shipping (but you have to do the work so Ebay calculates it right).

But, sometimes there is actually a decent market just selling the speakers.

Depends on the actual model of them.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Ebay, huh?

What would happen if you plugged non bass guitar into it?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

TheReverend posted:

What would happen if you plugged non bass guitar into it?

It won't hurt it. That's kind of the nice thing about it being a loudspeaker. A band I played in used it as a PA speaker for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol drop a few picks in the ground and old Peavey 115 bass cabs spring forth

• Locked thread