Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

That's magic though, right? He looks like Danny Glover.
It's more that she looks 20 years younger than she is. The actor who plays J'onn looks like the early 50s he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

And together they produced the best drat scene in all of Star Trek.

drat straight.

BLOW UP THE drat SHIP!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Pregnancy powers? I think the writers of this show have been reading Saga!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Barry's a cheater!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hey I saw that in the new Ant-Man trailer.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, they beat Ant-Man to the shrinking building gimmick

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Embiggens is a perfectly cromulent word Iris :mad:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How does Barry get enough calories in prison?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

Joe and Iris sneak the secret calorie stick in.

And Barry cheats for pudding obviously.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Barry what the gently caress you can't do that!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Outsmarted again, Barr.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamnit Barry :doh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Laser beams that don't freeze lol

Cecille loving her powers was a good twist. I can hear everyone! :v:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

Goddamnit Barry :doh:

Barry really needs his posse back at STAR Labs,

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hello Flash fam, have you heard the good word? Spoilers

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh god, looping Cecile into Team Flash was the best thing this show's done in a long while. :allears:

That poor therapist. Why does Iris keep torturing her with legit crazy people?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

That poor therapist. Why does Iris keep torturing her with legit crazy people?

I find those scenes physically painful, I just put it on mute and hum showtunes.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Koalas March posted:

Man, the Iris-haters are out in force in regards to that one. I honestly don't understand how worked up they are about her in general. I mean, I know why but I don't UNDERSTAND.

This episode was super fun.

Because the Flash is an awesome show made by hardworking people who are also attractive.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This show is so much better when Barry is not part of the group.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GobiasIndustries posted:

This show is so much better when Barry is not part of the group.

I think it's because while the other episodes can center on other characters, nobody really forces the camera like Barry does so the ensemble cast gets a chance.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Klungar posted:

This may be a weird question but: does anyone know why I thought Grant Gustin was gay? I could have sworn I'd read in these threads that he was and that he'd given some fan answer that he'd go straight for Candice Patton or something. Do I just have brain damage?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

No man can be on Glee and come back from that experience whole.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I don't understand how Cecile didn't seem to register the fact that some people might find mind-reading abilities invasive, especially her spouse. I feel like most people would be on pins and needles the entire time with someone like that. I mean if for one brief moment Joe sees an attractive woman on TV and thinks a dirty thought for one second he's done for.

Klungar posted:

This may be a weird question but: does anyone know why I thought Grant Gustin was gay? I could have sworn I'd read in these threads that he was and that he'd given some fan answer that he'd go straight for Candice Patton or something. Do I just have brain damage?

Probably a combination of the fact that A) Gustin's character on Glee was gay, and B) Ezra Miller (the guy who plays the Flash in the movies) is gay

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Man, the Iris-haters are out in force in regards to that one. I honestly don't understand how worked up they are about her in general. I mean, I know why but I don't UNDERSTAND.

The Iris hate really baffles me. What has she done wrong? I can't think of the last time there was any real relationship drama BS or "hiding secrets" melodrama crap between them. For the last year or so they've just kind of been together and that's that and almost all of the conflict has been external threats. And I'm pretty sure the last few times its happened its been Barry's fault. Their relationship and Iris herself have been pretty solid in recent seasons especially if you compare them to the disaster that is Olicity.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bbf2 posted:

The Iris hate really baffles me. What has she done wrong? I can't think of the last time there was any real relationship drama BS or "hiding secrets" melodrama crap between them. For the last year or so they've just kind of been together and that's that and almost all of the conflict has been external threats. And I'm pretty sure the last few times its happened its been Barry's fault. Their relationship and Iris herself have been pretty solid in recent seasons especially if you compare them to the disaster that is Olicity.

White male nerds on the internet get upset when cool black women get to do the same awesome poo poo everyone else can in their comic book safe spaces :ssh:

Also a lot of people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that Iris has developed significantly as a character since Season 1, back when she was shittily written and actually somewhat legitimately dislikeable. Hell, I used to hate her too for a while but she's now my straight up favorite character on the show.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 31, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Koalas March posted:

Nice! That's also a pretty good looking costume.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

nine-gear crow posted:

White male nerds on the internet get upset when cool black women get to do the same awesome poo poo everyone else can in their comic book safe spaces :ssh:

Also a lot of people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that Iris has developed significantly as a character since Season 1, back when she was shittily written and actually somewhat legitimately dislikeable. Hell, I used to hate her too for a while but she's now my straight up favorite character on the show.

I guess I can understand that, but even in season 1/2 most of the "drama" came from the fact that Barry and Joe decided to hide the fact that Barry was the Flash from her for basically no reason. There was no legitimate reason that I can remember not to just loop her in about it immediately. As soon as she found out the truth, joined the team, and got together with Barry she has not contributed to any significant melodrama that I can remember whatsoever. I know those people are racist/sexist internet trolls so I guess there's no accounting for that. But, seriously, how can they not have even a little bit of sympathy for a woman whose marriage ceremony was interrupted and ruined by the catastrophe that is Olicity?

If you're going to have such a capacity for ignorant sexist hatred, at least direct it towards the female character who is legitimately terribly written, in a toxic relationship, and is basically emotionally abusive to her PTSD-ridden husband and not the female who has been completely kind and normal and supportive.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
People loving despise Felicity, loudly and grossly, on this very forum.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

He nips out for a pizza, 3 times a day.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Koalas March posted:

If this most recent episode taught me anything, it's that Iris is pregnant.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

So will they actually have DeVoe kill a pregnant woman to get a new body or just threaten the possibility?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Prairie Bus posted:

So will they actually have DeVoe kill a pregnant woman to get a new body or just threaten the possibility?

DeVoe will take over the baby.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Ceclie vs DeVoe would be like putting a mirror in front of a mirror right?

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

DeVoe will take over the baby.

This would make me go all in on this stupid show.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

My guess is Cecile will read the mind of Future Flash Kid and either

A) get put into a coma for the rest of the season
B) Keep it to herself to not pollute the time line
C is for Comedy Option) Somehow revive thawne

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I was kind of disappointed that nobody on Team Flash seemed to even consider Cecile's power being related to DeVoe's current plan or him messing with them. (The first thing I thought of was that he was putting the thoughts in her head somehow.) You've got a guy who's worked out some big complicated plan, then took over a telepath's body, and suddenly one of your group can read minds? They should at least have raised it as a possibility.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CaptainCaveman posted:

I was kind of disappointed that nobody on Team Flash seemed to even consider Cecile's power being related to DeVoe's current plan or him messing with them. (The first thing I thought of was that he was putting the thoughts in her head somehow.) You've got a guy who's worked out some big complicated plan, then took over a telepath's body, and suddenly one of your group can read minds? They should at least have raised it as a possibility.

So part of DeVoe's plan involved Joe getting Cecile pregnant? That seems very outlandish.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
is anyone else expecting Killer Frost to be all, "gently caress y'all, I'm out" at some point. Like, with Cisco and Harry just pulling her out whenever they want I feel like it's building up to something but it also might not be anything at all.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I would say yes of course but with these writers it’s probably just the norm now. There’s only so many times she can be evil before you roll your eyes so far into your head they pop out of your rear end. Gives her something to do instead of falling in love with a guy who dies every season.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
or I'm expecting Frost to work with DeVoe or use his SCIENCE~! to get a new body separate from Caitlin.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SleepCousinDeath posted:

or I'm expecting Frost to work with DeVoe or use his SCIENCE~! to get a new body separate from Caitlin.

Going to go full on Weird Science and summon her a new body

bra hats optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe she'll make herself an ice golem to inhabit.