Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I saw Dusty Rhodes coming out of the public bathroom (although to be fair the Tucson Convention Center is pretty lovely, there might not be a backstage bathroom) but also did not talk to him.

I basically lived with someone living that gimmick in the pre-9/11 2000s, it's extreme try hard. He probably has swords at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Midnightghoul posted:

Is someone going to get tossed into the hot tub

They will get pretty butthurt of someone does that.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha that ruled

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wrong thread!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The women are main eventing?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

good drat, that coup de grace

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I got Aiden English who got no eliminations :(

But Shinsuke won! :)

So here is my :toxx: fulfilled, :10bux: to the Red Cross.

https://imgur.com/a/h6Zxh

Happy Rusev Day!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I got Aiden English who got no eliminations :(

But Shinsuke won! :)

So here is my :toxx: fulfilled, :10bux: to the Red Cross.

https://imgur.com/a/h6Zxh

Happy Rusev Day!

Make sure you post this in the Toxx thread too so you don't slip under the radar!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
When the gently caress are we gonna see the first women's punjabi prison match you god damned hacks?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Make sure you post this in the Toxx thread too so you don't slip under the radar!

It's locked right now but noted. I mostly wanted to post it now so I could get the payment through, deal with the screenshotting, etc. :)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Congrats to winner on getting the coveted main event slot for WrestleMania Pre-Show.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

tweet my meat posted:

When the gently caress are we gonna see the first women's punjabi prison match you god damned hacks?

Jinder's tits don't count?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And the first women's rumble ends with no one paying attention to the winner

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm impatient to hear how long #24 lasted so I just rounded up and then also donated some more because it's a cause I believe in.

Since the toxx thread isn't open I'm gonna post it here. Remind me when it's up to repost it there, but toxx fulfilled.

(that's $150 plus processing fee)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ronda winning the Royal Rumble would have been bad. Asuka winning it is good. Ronda generating a ton of hype is probably good. End communication.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Called it

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/957828563687936005

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited about todays events because it means there is a 33% chance that Asuka is on the Tonight Show to promote WM and she kills Fallon

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Working for Vince can't be much worse than working for Dana at least.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"What a shock! What a surprise! Also, would you like to buy Ronda's merch"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Its great that Asuka won as I was sure they were making it Rousey with a McMahon right in the center of things.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That show was good the winners were good (sans Brock and maybe Usos) and that ending was good

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That show was good the winners were good (sans Brock and maybe Usos) and that ending was good

I'll forgive the Usos match if it means Paul and his two large beautiful sons show up soon on Smackdown

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That was without a doubt the best Rumble in years. Great winner (if sorta telegraphed) in Nakamura, Balor looked like a million bucks, Reigns didn't win, the new generation v. old generation stuff, Ziggler got eliminated right away, great Kofi spot, etc. etc.

I was worried about the Women's Rumble just because I thought the crowd would be totally worn out, but it was a lot of fun. The Rousey intro was cool if expected, Asuka winning was great, and it was fun to see Trish, Lita, Jacqui, Beth and whoever else I'm forgetting.

Great PPV. The Universal Championship match was hot garbage though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

While I understand the people who feel like Asuka was upstaged, I don't agree. What people are going to remember about this is that both Champions and the Rumble Winner faced off with the person the general public considers to be the greatest female fighter in the world. It was a powerful image for the three best the company has to offer to stand off against her. And the moment when Asuka slapped her hand away and they both smiled was more than worth any theoretical loss of shine.

I'm really hoping we'll see a Fatal Fourway at Mania now. Asuka v Alexa and Ronda v Charlotte or vice versa wouldn't be the same as putting all four of them on equal footing.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The best part of Ronda being in the WWE is now they have another female wrestler that they can talk about entirely in terms of an old male wrestler.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I hope Rousey goes away fast and never returns. I also hope Asuka basically gets to get carried out to the ring one day by a hoard of dudes on a golden throne.

E: I am also fine with this if Asuka ends up draped in two belts and beaming at the end of Wrestlemania.

Cabbit posted:

I am AJ's facial expression looking at that merchandise.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cabbit posted:

Thats loving gross

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I was wearing a shinsuke shirt and my gf was wearing an Asuka shirt tonight so we picked the winners you're welcome

I was also team leader on team 25 for the Royal rumble and even though titus sucked it big time Asuka came thru

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

While I understand the people who feel like Asuka was upstaged, I don't agree. What people are going to remember about this is that both Champions and the Rumble Winner faced off with the person the general public considers to be the greatest female fighter in the world. It was a powerful image for the three best the company has to offer to stand off against her. And the moment when Asuka slapped her hand away and they both smiled was more than worth any theoretical loss of shine.

Agreed, especially since Ronda also sold it perfectly.

Also the people screaming NOBODY CARES ABOUT RONDA, uh, I guarantee you more people care than this forum thinks.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thats loving gross

yeah gently caress that poo poo

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

doctor gonzo is my friend

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The rowdy part of this forum is tainted. Replace It with a Bobby Heenan reference

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thats loving gross

I thought Piper gave her his personal blessing to use his branding when she was still in UFC. She came out tonight wearing one of his old jackets personally gifted to her by Roddy's son.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

I thought Piper gave her his personal blessing to use his branding when she was still in UFC. She came out tonight wearing one of his old jackets personally gifted to her by Roddy's son.

He did. People are bitching to bitch.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/957833464140541952

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sanguinia posted:

I agree with this, Asuka slapping away Ronda's hand was perfect in the "I don't care WHAT you did or WHO you were in MMA, this is my ring!" manner.

Takeover owned, Rumble owned, great weekend of wrestling friends. And at least we're guaranteed one spectacular world title match at Mania this year :)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You arent Rowdy when you got chased out of MMA after the two beating she got

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MMA to wrestling doesn't always work, I hope it translates well for her, could be big if it did, and they don't gently caress up the booking. Which they will. Because they always do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

If nothing else that Absolution woman whose whole gimmick is "mma lady" is gotta be feeling like warmed over poo poo right now

• Locked thread