Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I will say that Reraise is good in exactly one situation: Deuce USB.

With it, you can actually get a few turns of non-death out of the character, especially if you're able to time it right behind some mitigation. The bubble is pretty significant and usually gives the reraised character around three hits before they die again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I will say that Reraise is good in exactly one situation: Deuce USB.

With it, you can actually get a few turns of non-death out of the character, especially if you're able to time it right behind some mitigation. The bubble is pretty significant and usually gives the reraised character around three hits before they die again.

That's not Reraise, that's regular Raise.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Am I supposed to be switching over to USB healers? Yshtola with BSB seems so useful, and USBs are more of a panic button than something like an AOE heal every turn. I have stuff like Relm USB (but only USB, nothing else) and a single target Curaja + shellga or something is not always enough for a healer in between Ultras

Edit: Also it does not hurt that Yshtola is my source of Wall too

Relm USB is good, but you'd want either a source of doublecast on her or to have Gathering Storm permanently stapled to her for harder content.

Healer BSBs are so far the only ones that are evergreen, both because of command medicas and because heals haven't gotten any more ridiculous with power creep. Healer USBs can generally mitigate not having a BSB - Relm USB absolutely makes her worthwhile to level up to 99 for things like MP or CMs/Crystal Tower - but very few are actively BETTER than the best Healer BSBs, particularly ones on a healer with a doublecast White dive. (Y'shtola and Deuce are the big ones there, with Alma coming up next FFT event)

Basically, if I were to personally tier by power, Rosa USB would be at the top, with Relm/Eiko/Larsa USBs and Y'shtola/Deuce/Alma BSBs slightly below that, then Sarah/Relm/Larsa BSBs and most unmentioned healer USBs below that.

Rosa, Y'shtola, and Larsa get slightly higher rankings since they can wrath up to spam their SBs if need be, though Larsa loses some points since Astra isn't always necessary. Boy howdy when it is, though.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 29, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

ApplesandOranges posted:

That's not Reraise, that's regular Raise.

oh whoops :v:

Still!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Swapped Ace out for undived Yuffie and trimmed the time down by 5-7s. At the very least, Isgebind is pretty farmable now (I might see if I can get away with changing Eiko for Aphmau). It's not quick, but it's pretty clean. With enough farming I'll probably give Tiamat another go.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

Relm USB is good, but you'd want either a source of doublecast on her or to have Gathering Storm permanently stapled to her for harder content.

Healer BSBs are so far the only ones that are evergreen, both because of command medicas and because heals haven't gotten any more ridiculous with power creep. Healer USBs can generally mitigate not having a BSB - Relm USB absolutely makes her worthwhile to level up to 99 for things like MP or CMs/Crystal Tower - but very few are actively BETTER than the best Healer BSBs, particularly ones on a healer with a doublecast White dive. (Y'shtola and Deuce are the big ones there, with Alma coming up next FFT event)

Basically, if I were to personally tier by power, Rosa USB would be at the top, with Relm/Eiko/Larsa USBs and Y'shtola/Deuce/Alma BSBs slightly below that, then Sarah/Relm/Larsa BSBs and most unmentioned healer USBs below that.

Yeah this is what it felt like - in my specific case Relm or Yuna USB is a step down from Yshtola + Doublecast BSB, especially as I don't have the Relm doublecast materia. USBs give ridiculous buffs but they generally aren't spammable except in the case of Rosa, which makes it really good.

On top of that Yshtola has Wall in case you need it on her and it's just very difficult to give her up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's easier to give up Wall when it's locked as a RW choice for endgame content. JP has even gotten to the point where the hardest content now has auto-Wall built in.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Schwartzcough posted:

DeNA really overvalues reraise in this game. As in, the relics with reraise are almost always really really bad compared to the competition.

Rem: Party guts + reraise
Raijin: Party guts, high regen, and instant cast 1
Edge: Party guts, hastega, and physical blink; instant cast

I mean, come on. Reraise loving blows. It's why Eiko's unique SB that grants hastega + cura medica is better than her SSB that gives reraise + cura medica.

I agree DeNA seems to think Reraise is a lot better than it actually is, but time has actually not been -that- unkind to it - reraise was actually a lot worse back in the pre-multiplayer, pre-entrustbotting days, where rebuffing was so much at a premium that revival of any sort was always a waste of time. DeNA at least is learning to slap Reraise/Raise on combos where it isn’t completely trivialized (best example being Yuna’s USB. Deuce’s USB also isn’t a terrible example) - Reraise isn’t so bad when it’s part of an ampler package, it’s just an awful sales pitch. This said, reraise - and revival as a whole - will possibly see a decent improvement in the upcoming Torment Renewal, since permament Sentinel’s Grimoire effect mitigates one of Reraise’s biggest issues considerably.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I wouldn't be surprised if, say, FFX or FFT0 Torments had bosses with Auto-hit Doom or Death attacks, since that bypasses Last Stand and forces you to pack some kind of revival for those incredibly lengthy fights.

Realm Chain RWs also mean that 'needing to rebuff' is less important in those fights since your main damage buff is a field effect. Bard songs and Hastega also make it easier to get back up to full speed.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

I agree DeNA seems to think Reraise is a lot better than it actually is, but time has actually not been -that- unkind to it - reraise was actually a lot worse back in the pre-multiplayer, pre-entrustbotting days, where rebuffing was so much at a premium that revival of any sort was always a waste of time. DeNA at least is learning to slap Reraise/Raise on combos where it isn’t completely trivialized (best example being Yuna’s USB. Deuce’s USB also isn’t a terrible example) - Reraise isn’t so bad when it’s part of an ampler package, it’s just an awful sales pitch. This said, reraise - and revival as a whole - will possibly see a decent improvement in the upcoming Torment Renewal, since permament Sentinel’s Grimoire effect mitigates one of Reraise’s biggest issues considerably.

I mean, Deuce and Yuna USBs work better because they're Raise, and apply several other buffs to the newly raised people that helps them stay alive and contribute; that does not apply to reraise, where you are always brought back without any other buffs. Reraise is real bad outside of fights where all the damage is piercing.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if, say, FFX or FFT0 Torments had bosses with Auto-hit Doom or Death attacks, since that bypasses Last Stand and forces you to pack some kind of revival for those incredibly lengthy fights.

Realm Chain RWs also mean that 'needing to rebuff' is less important in those fights since your main damage buff is a field effect. Bard songs and Hastega also make it easier to get back up to full speed.

The permanent Sentinel Grimoire effect and realm chain might help a bit, but keep in mind- those torment bosses have such absurd stats that you generally need Sentinel Grimoire AND shellga/protectga to not get immediately gibbed, and you want the realm chain AND buffs (unless you have really good synergy gear and are at the softcaps without buffs) to do significant damage. So I agree that reraise might be slightly better in future Torments (plus by then hastega will be a castable white mage ability), but it's still overall a really bad effect.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Realm Dungeons got tough. Those XI ones are ridiculous when they turn into boss rushes. The XII ones too. Well, I guess XII is in the penultimate dungeon now. It's pretty neat actually, I just wish they had the updated boss info things because they've been very rude about resistances.

Might have another crack at Magicites soon

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gosh, the Jump Start was surprisingly strong this time around. Thunder Breath does a lot of damage and loves to home in on people. I still beat it, but I had both the holy imperil ladies dead by the end. Cecil could only stick around due to his USB's HP Stock honestly. I never got him to crack 10,000 damage with his USB, which sucked too. Maybe I was supposed to do something with that "breaksight", but it, like, only stuck around for a single turn before disappearing. Weird.

Either way, at least I beat and mastered it despite that sloppy showing.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Gosh, the Jump Start was surprisingly strong this time around. Thunder Breath does a lot of damage and loves to home in on people. I still beat it, but I had both the holy imperil ladies dead by the end. Cecil could only stick around due to his USB's HP Stock honestly. I never got him to crack 10,000 damage with his USB, which sucked too. Maybe I was supposed to do something with that "breaksight", but it, like, only stuck around for a single turn before disappearing. Weird.

Either way, at least I beat and mastered it despite that sloppy showing.

Yeah I didn't read an online guide for it, going in with just Dr. Mog's lovely insight. They really don't tell you enough about how ridiculously high his defensive stats are. Triple wind imperil, Rikku USB, Cloud's USB, Bartz USB AND snowspell strike only got my Bartz to hit him for like 9k per hit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah I didn't read an online guide for it, going in with just Dr. Mog's lovely insight. They really don't tell you enough about how ridiculously high his defensive stats are. Triple wind imperil, Rikku USB, Cloud's USB, Bartz USB AND snowspell strike only got my Bartz to hit him for like 9k per hit.

Yeah, for those who are going in blind like this: The A+/JS for this event has higher defensive stats than 3* Magicites, though a bit less HP. It also has no weaknesses natively. The trick is, when it's staggered from you murdering the Breaksight, its defenses drop to ~2500. For the record, that's on par with a U++ boss.

He's also going to be our Tier 4/Armageddon boss on the next Crystal Tower. :shepicide: Hope you enjoy trying to chew into 70k DEF and 86k RES... (to compare, Midgardsormr, the tankiest 4* Magicite, has 34k/45k naturally. So yeah, enjoy a boss twice as tanky as that with no exploitable weakness, albeit with half the HP.)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

He's also going to be our Tier 4/Armageddon boss on the next Crystal Tower. :shepicide: Hope you enjoy trying to chew into 70k DEF and 86k RES... (to compare, Midgardsormr, the tankiest 4* Magicite, has 34k/45k naturally. So yeah, enjoy a boss twice as tanky as that with no exploitable weakness, albeit with half the HP.)

Please tell me the breaksight comes back in the CT version.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Eight-Six posted:

Please tell me the breaksight comes back in the CT version.

It does. According to Zurai's notes it's up for two of the breaksight's turns at 500 speed and you have to deal 40k damage instead of 30k.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Isgebind finally down in 45 seconds. Shocked it took this long (my fire game is strong), but it feels good to get it done.

Everyone has a full LD. Papa, Cid and OK are fortunate enough to have +Fire weapons and armor.

My previous failure had Larsa (BSB) in for Vanille and Krile (SSB, LMR) for Cid. The regen was nice, but I just found that Krile wasn't doing enough total damage with 4 casts of the 6* summon. I liked Cid for the extra +defense from his Burst. As for Larsa, Wrath-Wrath-BSB just could not keep up later on in the fight. Your SB gauge fills up pretty quickly so I figured I could rotate Vanille's USB and BSB and it worked. I've shattered all my 3*/4* fire skills so Papa was stuck with Flare to start out.

Vanille: USB -> Curada just before full gauge -> Protectga -> BSB -> CMD2 until full gauge -> USB -> CMD2/Curada
Papa: Flare -> BSB -> CMD2 -> CMD1 repeat -> Finish with OSB
Cid: RW Wall -> Wrath -> Wrath -> Mom Bomb -> BSB -> Chain Firaga
OK: USB -> Affliction Break -> Meltdown x3 -> Affliction Break -> USB -> repeat
Edge: -> Ninja magic until full bar -> SSB -> repeat

A couple of options to improve this time:
1. Craft another Chain Firaga (meh)
2. Swap Cid out for entruster with faithga and get Papa to spam the OSB. Minfilia (USB) would work here

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

McDragon posted:

Realm Dungeons got tough. Those XI ones are ridiculous when they turn into boss rushes. The XII ones too. Well, I guess XII is in the penultimate dungeon now. It's pretty neat actually, I just wish they had the updated boss info things because they've been very rude about resistances.

Might have another crack at Magicites soon

The sheep in the XI realm dungeon trash waves suck so dang much.

Maybe the FFXI torment boss, whenever JP gets it, should be a sheep.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

The sheep in the XI realm dungeon trash waves suck so dang much.

Maybe the FFXI torment boss, whenever JP gets it, should be a sheep.

The Hostile Herbivores burning circle, then.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I'll throw my hot take in the healer USB pyre (GL only).

Relm is the best hands down due the absurd effect solely.
Eiko is a close second because of bard access.
Aphmau

Rosa
Selphie
Ovelia

Lenna
Minwu
Aeris
Deuce
Yuna

Vanille
Yshtola

I want my healers to contribute in the party's performance. Sarah is unlisted, if she's using USB she's a support. I initially liked Lenna's much more but her throughput really is too weak for a primary healer for harder stuff and she can't become a support. And I hate Yuna's non instant USB and I don't care how good it was in that one multiplayer run where everyone lagged and the boss took seven turns in row.

For healer playstyle I'm a huge fan of Curada / USB use, I only use BSBs if they bring other useful effects (Last Stand/Astra etc) but quite rarely the commands. I haven't used my LD Yshtola in over two months.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, for those who are going in blind like this: The A+/JS for this event has higher defensive stats than 3* Magicites, though a bit less HP. It also has no weaknesses natively. The trick is, when it's staggered from you murdering the Breaksight, its defenses drop to ~2500. For the record, that's on par with a U++ boss.

Just got to the same battle in A++ and my water team handled it easily with a Tidus USB RW on Bartz. With Yuffie and Kraken imperiling, Bartz EQS was hitting for 9k per hit, plus extra casts plus his chase plus Tidus chases.

The Bartz/Tidus USB combo is by far my favorite thing I've put together in this game. It brings me back to the original power rangers coming the megazord with the dragon zord and jumping into titanus or whatever it was called.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
This weird not-event event is getting a pair of banners with it apparently:

quote:

Garland CSB
Jecht USB
Exdeath USB
Gabranth USB

Kefka BSB2
Kuja BSB
CoD BSB2
Exdeath BSB

Kuja LMR
Jecht LMR
Kefka LMR
CoD LMR

Exdeath SSB2
Gabranth SSB2

quote:

Tidus CSB
Onion Physical USB
Onion Magic USB
Cloud USB

Squall BSB2
Ramza BSB2
Y'shtola BSB
Vaan BSB

Onion LMR
Tidus LMR
Squall LMR
Ramza LMR

Noctis SSB
Ramza SSB1

That's quite the second banner there, the gently caress.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Eleven dupes on the second banner. :stare: I think I can safely skip that one.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Seriously can someone explain how they are healing through these 4* magicites? I am literally using two top-tier healer BSBs (Yshtola and Eiko) and every single boss except Marilis for some reason is just an endless brick wall of "boss does 4k AoE attack through mitigation and moderate resists, healer BSB goes off and heals them, instantly followed by another 4k AoE, cue up heals, another AoE goes off." It's loving absurd and I don't understand how it's even possible to keep up.

Am I just hosed if I don't have a source of last stand and / or blink? Because somehow I don't have either of those and I've never managed to pull a single healer USB, against all odds. The only last stand I have is Edge's SSB, but he doesn't contribute enough to most of the fights to justify bringing him because then he takes up a DPS slot and I can't actually kill anything.

Like I'm trying Tiamat and I have:

Ramza w/ USB and Shout, full dive
Squall w/ BSB2, full dive
Bartz w/ BSB2 + Snowspell Strike, full dive
Eiko w/ BSB, Protectga, and Warrior bard buff
Yshtola w/ BSB, Shellga, Curada

Everyone has moderate resists, using the Ice imperil as my main magicite since apparently there aren't any that offset wind damage. Like that team is fuckin' stacked with great relics, what the hell am I doing wrong here?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tiamat is a huge pain in the rear end and probably the hardest 4*. Put Affliction Break on Ramza if you haven't already, because that gives Absorb Strength/Magic a 50% chance to miss.

In general though you could consider having an entrust bot for your healers if you can't keep up.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Tiamat is a huge pain in the rear end and probably the hardest 4*. Put Affliction Break on Ramza if you haven't already, because that gives Absorb Strength/Magic a 50% chance to miss.

In general though you could consider having an entrust bot for your healers if you can't keep up.

I feel like my experiences are backwards because everyone is saying Marilis and Tiamat are the hardest, but I've almost got Marilis down to sub-30 and Tiamat is the closest I've come to beating any of the others except for a lucky Kraken run that I got down to 10%. I've been using Affliction Break, yeah.

All of the magicites are just brutal and I don't get how people are doing them with 1 healer. If I brought an entruster for healers that would leave me with 1 buffer and 1 DPS, and there's no way I could possibly beat them before they enrage with only 1 damage dealer.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tiamat is definitely the roughest to heal through, yeah. If you can beat it first, Isgebind drops Magicites that help buffer Wind damage.

Marilis is the case where a lot of people have an easier time with her because they pulled for a lot of Water stuff. It's also one of the 'easier' ones to do without certain relics as you could theoratically just dive a bunch of Ninjas and hone a lot of skills.

And it's just going to vary. I've used one healer for the three Magicites I've cleared, but it was a very well-built one (full Dive Eiko with LMR and USB). Even then it's rough going for some fights. Similiarly, with Kraken I have a very strong Garnet that can clear out the tentacles before the 30s mark, so I have to worry a lot less about counters.

I think based on what I've seen the consensus is that Midgarsormr and Isgebind have the lowest incoming damage, they're just bulky. Midgarsormr's main issue is constant Slow, and with Isgebind, while he does do a lot of AoEs, all the incoming damage is physical (so you can leave Shellga at home) and he has a 'weak' attack or two. With Isgebind and Ixion, you can have Edge SSB their worst moves, too.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Jiminy Christmas. I have nine dupes on that second banner, but if you're a newer player or just plain don't have a lot of those, that's the banner to pull on.

I'm having trouble healing through the 4* Magicites as well. I have a legend dived Y'shtola; she gets me through all the 3* ones as well as Maliris, but can't do it with any of the others. Even two healing them seems too much, and my second healer is a legend dived USB Eiko. I've gotten through Isgebind that way, and it's barely a sub-minute run. I haven't really made it lower than 25% on any of the others, but I'm not trying again until the new month.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Really devious putting that right before the TH Code banner.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I would like to say these Mote Daily Dungeon's are the best thing since sliced bread

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I actually kind of like the first banner for the whole Dark-elemental focus... I'm pretty weak there. The second banner's really frontloaded though, like what. It's too much for me to risk, though, like many here.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sesq posted:

Jiminy Christmas. I have nine dupes on that second banner, but if you're a newer player or just plain don't have a lot of those, that's the banner to pull on.

Yeah, that's the most stacked banner in FFRK history.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Nice to know an awesome banner shows up just as I spent 50 mythril, only to get Ace SSB/LMR. Granted, that's not the worst pull in the world, but man a shot at those 6*s would be great.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I was saving for TG Cid but jesus that banner is ridiculous. Even with 7 dupes, I think I might throw all 100 of my mythril at it - I really, really want an OK USB or Cloud's USB, and Ramza's BSB2 would be great as well.

How good is the FFT banner if I've already got Marche's USB + BSB and Orlandeau's OSB? I feel like I'd mostly be chasing Cid's USB and Ramza's BSB2, and since the latter is on tomorrow's banner, that kinda feels like the better option.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

7 dupes as well. Kind of makes me regret that extra pull on OK banner. How much mythril can we expect from this pseudo event?

My biggest wants are easily the CSB, OK and Ramza LMRs and OK Ninja mode.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Man, only having 3 dupes in OK USBm, Y'sh BSB, and Ramza Shout makes banner 2 really drat appealing. I still want to save for TGC USB banner, but daaaamn. Will they overlap at all?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I was saving for TG Cid but jesus that banner is ridiculous. Even with 7 dupes, I think I might throw all 100 of my mythril at it - I really, really want an OK USB or Cloud's USB, and Ramza's BSB2 would be great as well.

How good is the FFT banner if I've already got Marche's USB + BSB and Orlandeau's OSB? I feel like I'd mostly be chasing Cid's USB and Ramza's BSB2, and since the latter is on tomorrow's banner, that kinda feels like the better option.

Hmm, I'd think hard about skipping it if I were you. Especially if you already have Shout, as Ramza's BSB2 is basically just an upgrade, rather than a real game-changer. In addition to TGC USB, TGC LMR and Ramza LMR are also very good, but Ramza LMR looks like it's on this banner too.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

BGrifter posted:

Yeah, that's the most stacked banner in FFRK history.

As a newbie who got lucky and pulled the Onion Knight Physical and Magic on the last banner should I pull on this one or wait for that FFT banner that's coming? I was saving for that but I could pull once on this and still have 100 by the time the FFT banner comes, or pull twice and still have 50 by then. I can only clear 140's right now and some are too hard, 180s are still a ways off I think, but mostly because I've been using all my stamina farming realms instead of farming orbs for more hones.

Washout fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 30, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4 dupes - Tidus Chain, Vaan BSB, Squall BSB and Ramza Shout. I'm happy I held off on pulling again on the Onion Knight banner after striking out on OK stuff, I'll definitely throw one pull there at the minimum.

Schwartzcough posted:

Man, only having 3 dupes in OK USBm, Y'sh BSB, and Ramza Shout makes banner 2 really drat appealing. I still want to save for TGC USB banner, but daaaamn. Will they overlap at all?

No luck. Banner 2 supposedly runs between February 2nd to 9th. XIV starts on the 7th, and Tactics only on the 15th. So it overlaps with Banner 1 of the XIV event (Haurchefant/Estinien/Alphinaud/Minfilia USB/BSB/LMR, Haurchefant/Estinien SSB), but not Tactics.

Also if you're still pulling on Dungeon Update Luckies, that falls on the 6th for Mythril planning.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Washout posted:

As a newbie who got lucky and pulled the Onion Knight Physical and Magic on the last banner should I pull on this one or wait for that FFT banner that's coming? I was saving for that but I could pull once on this and still have 100 by the time the FFT banner comes, or pull twice and still have 50 by then. I can only clear 140's right now and some are too hard, 180s are still a ways off I think, but mostly because I've been using all my stamina farming realms instead of farming orbs for more hones.

I'd say if you have less than 4 dupes, pulling on this banner should be almost mandatory. Granted you DO have two of the very best items, but if those were your only dupes I'd still pull.

pichupal posted:

No luck. Banner 2 supposedly runs between February 2nd to 9th. XIV starts on the 7th, and Tactics only on the 15th. So it overlaps with Banner 1 of the XIV event (Haurchefant/Estinien/Alphinaud/Minfilia USB/BSB/LMR, Haurchefant/Estinien SSB), but not Tactics.

Also if you're still pulling on Dungeon Update Luckies, that falls on the 6th for Mythril planning.

Rats, thanks. That means I'm almost sure to pull Ramza BSB2 and/or LMR. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've got 7 dupes on that, don't think I can justify a pull. But MAN that's a tasty banner.

• Locked thread