Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dusty Lens posted:

Lightning in a $10,000 bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Rofl, makes me think of Ken M :3:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

lmao

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

You're the best.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm mocapping the wind using feathers dropped off a ladder

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

I honestly have no idea if this is real or not, but if it is I think it's one more item in the increasingly large pile of evidence that Chris Roberts cannot get an erection unless he has wasted camera time in the last 24 hours.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm mocapping erections by flipping my finger at redit

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

downout posted:

His blog was concise compared to this thread.

Harsh but fair.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Like at this point if you told me that the Star Citizen planets were built using mocapped dirt I would have absolutely no idea if you were taking the piss or not.

I just heard that CIG's not doing any more concept art, they just mocapped one of their existing artists at work and then used that data to procgen all of the new drawings.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I honestly have no idea if this is real or not, but if it is I think it's one more item in the increasingly large pile of evidence that Chris Roberts cannot get an erection unless he has wasted camera time in the last 24 hours.

I made literally all of that up. The image is from an article about why you should cover your sous vide setup with ping pong balls.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I'm not affected by the piracy change because my plan is to steal B'Tak's first ship and to crash it on his 2nd ship when it spawns, not sell it or scrap it or whatever bullshit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I made literally all of that up. The image is from an article about why you should cover your sous vide setup with ping pong balls.

Out of curiosity, why ping pong balls and not a lid?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's too credible given the morons at CIG. The only question is whether you believe that it's awesome or an utter waste of resources. The former marks you a prime target for SC, the latter is everyone else with a brain.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Colostomy Bag posted:

probably to keep the stuff you're trying to cook under the surface of the water.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Dammit.

The blue star is a badge of _trust_. If you can't trust the blue star, the lamb will lie down with the lion, the herring will sing from the treetops, etc.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 29, 2018

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hahahahahaha get hosed

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

Put it in a cooler chest.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ping pong balls provide an insulating layer without obstructing the flow of steam and/or increasing pressure would be my guess.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Aramoro posted:

This is the weirdest thing. Eve has perfected the Space MMO economy game, they've spent a decade refining it and it works. People mine, people build ships, people fly ships, pirates destroy ships to salvage them, cycle continues.

You can be as involved in this process as much as you want, managing planets worth of manufacturing output to buying off the shelf and not caring.

All they had to do was rip off this model and make it first person and they were done. For once in their life CIG failed to Archer something correctly.

Actually, Chris promised all those things many times.

for example:
http://www.scqa.info/?keywords=factory

and here's 13 examples of him comparing his game to Eve:
http://www.scqa.info/?keywords=%22eve%22&show=10FTC

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
What wine goes with ping pong balls?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I'm mocapping erections by flipping my finger at redit

The proper way is to show jpegs with an "on sale" sticker to backers

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Basically, combine a sous vide with this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderbag

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AutismVaccine posted:

The sickening stupidness triples every second

The awful, sickening truth.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dooguk posted:

What wine goes with ping pong balls?

Usually a white, depending on how used the ping pong balls are. As they age more you'll need a more robust bouquet to override the funk.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

This is the company that mocapped the act of mopping the floor. That spent hundreds of hours mocapping a cafeteria.

I'd believe anything at this point.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Hav posted:

Usually a white, depending on how used the ping pong balls are. As they age more you'll need a more robust bouquet to override the funk.

Thanks for the info. Let's hope I never have to use it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Basically, combine a sous vide with this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderbag

I love projects like this because it's usually some high capital cost item that requires manufacture outside of it's intended use case, and uses materials that are as unsustainable as collecting firewood.

"The Wonderbag is available in the United States."

Yuhuh.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

This is the company that mocapped the act of mopping the floor. That spent hundreds of hours mocapping a cafeteria.

Oh agreed. That's kind of the point - the fact that "Chris Roberts is mocapping the ocean" isn't immediately obvious as being loving ridiculous speaks volumes about where we are today and why we're here.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m mocapping my pisssss

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

You wont believe why Star Citizen are eating ping pong balls.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sickening posted:

The awful, sickening truth.

brutaltakedown_development.exe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Takes a hell of a person to piss a ping pong ball it order to mocap it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Hav posted:

I love projects like this because it's usually some high capital cost item that requires manufacture outside of it's intended use case, and uses materials that are as unsustainable as collecting firewood.

"The Wonderbag is available in the United States."

Yuhuh.

That's great for its intended use. It is just basically wrapping blankets around an old fashioned crock pot though.

That's why I said jam the sous vide into a cooler chest, which will accomplish basically the same, and you won't have fabric getting all wet.

The first time I used an immersion sous vide thing in a big pot, I was just like, wait, this big heat conductive metal pot is going to constantly be dumping out heat. Sticking it into an insulated thing basically turned it into a sous vide slow cooker.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

jk awesome name in hindsight of certain events

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Colostomy Bag posted:

Takes a hell of a person to piss a ping pong ball it order to mocap it.

or some bunnyman-caliber backers

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

:saddowns: we need to re shoot that carrot cutting, it just isn't up to our standards

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I recently stole a couple of ping pong balls for my cat to play soccer with. Is there any way I can mocap this?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Aramoro posted:

All they had to do was rip off this model and make it first person and they were done. For once in their life CIG failed to Archer something correctly.

But Eve doesn't have whales who purchased their doomships directly from the company itself. It has resources and so on, and the PLEX system, but nobody buys a Titan directly from CCP. If a player's ship is destroyed he cannot demand a refund of all the hours he spent grinding for the cash and resources to build it.

CIG has to keep the whales happy by giving them their Idrises, and making sure nobody else has Idrises because otherwise why did the whales pay for them? Even before technological blocks are taken into account. An angry whale (say, a guy who's just had his Idris stolen) is someone who can ring up CIG and say "give me my ship back or I refund" and the law will be on their side. So of course they've made it impossible for that to happen, and it's not remotely a surprise that they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
much like eve, it's in CIG's best interest that idiots' expensive ships keep getting blown up, so they buy more PLEX UEC to buy new ones. First, they need a game though.