Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

DisDisDis posted:

Is there a good primer for DoomRL anywhere?

Check goon Roonespism LP in youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stelas posted:

I lied. UV Scout Conqueror 100% (lots and lots of badges).

Could've easily gone for JC, just didn't find a nuke anywhere in the run.

Doesn't Conqueror guarantee the possibility? Nuclear rifle in Mortuary and lava element in Lava Pits / Erebus? Been far too long since I've played DoomRL, though.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

RoboCicero posted:

I got to play through Meteorfall, the Dream Quest-style roguelike that just came out for iOS and Android. Verdict: Kind of shallow, certainly not the same depth as The Classics, but a good implementation for a phone game, and probably one of the better phone roguelikes (especially if you're on Android and you can't access Imbroglio, which is an astoundingly smart game that everyone should give a shot if they're able.)

I've cleared all four classes and found them all kind of easy, especially if you know how to deckbuild. The magic system is one of the more interesting ones though -- instead of having global mana that you spend each spell has a number of times it can be used (charges) and you have 'Meditate' cards, which restore a charge to one of three spells that aren't at full charge in your deck. Certain spells have additional interactions based on how many charges they have or different maximum charges, making for an interesting choice when recharging that goes beyond "the one that's lowest".

Honestly in the process of writing this post I just got a deep and pervading sadness I can't play 868-HACK or Imbroglio on android devices. Holy gently caress Imbroglio is good.

I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought, and I definitely don't find it all that easy (but I don't have much experience with deckbuilders apart from DQ-likes). The magic system is really interesting, and the double system of stamina/turns works very well. I do agree that it's kinda shallow. Also, the monsters are not very well defined at all, and I think they're not set in particular areas. I'm pretty sure I even encountered a ghost boss outside of the crypt.

868-HACK is great, and I sure wish his other stuff was on Google Play or Steam.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stelas posted:

I lied. UV Scout Conqueror 100% (lots and lots of badges).

Could've easily gone for JC, just didn't find a nuke anywhere in the run.

The Mortuary has a guaranteed Nuclear BFG. The alt-reload (shift+R) on all nuclear-powered weapons sets them off like a nuclear bomb with a 10-turn timer.

Actually DoomRL has a ton of guaranteed stuff in special levels that helps in later special levels, even beyond the point of just having better weapons/armor and more ammo.

Hell's Arena has a rocket launcher to get you through The Wall later.
The Chained Court gets you the Arena Master's Staff to open The Vaults, and chainsaw for the Unholy Cathedral.
Military Base/Phobos Lab has a guaranteed envirosuit which kind of helps in Hell's Armory/Deimos Lab, but it's not really necessary.
Abyssal Plains/City of Skulls gives you 3 guaranteed skulls which all gib all corpses in a huge radius on activation. Very useful for Mortuary/Limbo.
Halls of Carnage/Spider's Lair has guaranteed BFG which is also great for Mortuary/Limbo on top of being good in general.
Then Mortuary/Limbo has the nuclear BFG as mentioned above.
And Erebus/Lava Pits has the Lava Element so you can live through a nuclear explosion.

The only special levels that don't have some special tie-in to future levels are The Wall, The Vaults, and (arguably) the Unholy Cathedral.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Burning Rain posted:

I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought, and I definitely don't find it all that easy (but I don't have much experience with deckbuilders apart from DQ-likes). The magic system is really interesting, and the double system of stamina/turns works very well. I do agree that it's kinda shallow. Also, the monsters are not very well defined at all, and I think they're not set in particular areas. I'm pretty sure I even encountered a ghost boss outside of the crypt.

868-HACK is great, and I sure wish his other stuff was on Google Play or Steam.

There's definitely some balance issues with regards to the unlocks. The warrior guy goes from chump level to wrecking ball as soon as you buy Charge and Veteran Strike, while the rogue class has a very powerful cantrip-eviscerate deck right from the start and her unlocks do nothing but water it down (I tried Ravage, it's at least as likely to hurt as to help).

Haven't tried the 2 casting classes yet, but I found the 2 melee classes to be on the easy side.

It took me a little bit to adjust to the resource system at first, but to put it in Dominion terms stamina is actions and time/the hourglass is actually cards.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The alt-reload (shift+R) on all nuclear-powered weapons sets them off like a nuclear bomb with a 10-turn timer.

Well, poo poo. I absolutely forgot that. I honestly expected not to get credit for Conqueror at all, but I guess it still worked out.

quote:

The only special levels that don't have some special tie-in to future levels are The Wall, The Vaults, and (arguably) the Unholy Cathedral.

I would say the Unholy Cathedral does if only because Berserking into JC with a 9d9 weapon is about the best way I've ever found to kill him.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I picked up nongunz on steam. Any non spoilery tips or should I just muddle through it?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Is there a good primer for DoomRL anywhere?

Not really. The Wiki's Mechanics section is mostly complete so you can read about everything there, but there's nowhere that really drills it down into a 'here are the bulletpoints'.

I put some stuff down here. There are other bits and pieces (like putting down health packs to lead humanoid enemies around) but the corner shooting is the most important one for a new player. Go in as Marine, take a shotgun, work towards Army of the Dead in traits. You'll feel big and strong and the only drawback is that it'll take ages to wean yourself back off shotguns. Alternatively go in as Scout and immediately work towards Intuition 2 - that'll let you see where enemies are in a bigger radius around you.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 29, 2018

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's even harder to wean yourself off Army of the Dead with shotguns because holy poo poo is piercing damage obscene on them.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The Mortuary has a guaranteed Nuclear BFG. The alt-reload (shift+R) on all nuclear-powered weapons sets them off like a nuclear bomb with a 10-turn timer.

Actually DoomRL has a ton of guaranteed stuff in special levels that helps in later special levels, even beyond the point of just having better weapons/armor and more ammo.

Hell's Arena has a rocket launcher to get you through The Wall later.
The Chained Court gets you the Arena Master's Staff to open The Vaults, and chainsaw for the Unholy Cathedral.
Military Base/Phobos Lab has a guaranteed envirosuit which kind of helps in Hell's Armory/Deimos Lab, but it's not really necessary.
Abyssal Plains/City of Skulls gives you 3 guaranteed skulls which all gib all corpses in a huge radius on activation. Very useful for Mortuary/Limbo.
Halls of Carnage/Spider's Lair has guaranteed BFG which is also great for Mortuary/Limbo on top of being good in general.
Then Mortuary/Limbo has the nuclear BFG as mentioned above.
And Erebus/Lava Pits has the Lava Element so you can live through a nuclear explosion.

Hell's Armory/Deimos Lab, like the Vaults, is just an optional challenge for loot. Unholy Cathedral doesn't directly tie in to future levels in the way that you describe, but it has a guaranteed unique that is part of a set. The other piece is found in Mortuary/Limbo, but they appear independently - if you do Mortuary/Limbo without doing UC, the armor still appears.

I like the special levels, but on the other hand, they feel practically mandatory because skipping them means missing out on experience and loot. Take The Wall as an example - you've got a bunch of barons (and arch-viles in higher difficulties). The combined XP value is most of a level around the time you hit The Wall, so it's worth doing for the XP alone, but it's also got the only backpack in the game, which while not necessary, is really nice to have.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

There's an entire twitter dedicated to code from the Crawl Depths, like this one!

https://twitter.com/crawlcode/status/733466322273599488

The most important correction for any fork would be to bring back the orb baby tile.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

So it looks like Jydge is on sale -- how is it? I know some people were playing it earlier in the thread.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Captainsalami posted:

I picked up nongunz on steam. Any non spoilery tips or should I just muddle through it?

I haven't played it, but apparently combos are what you want, and the slide can keep your combos going.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

vorebane posted:

I haven't played it, but apparently combos are what you want, and the slide can keep your combos going.

Points are money, money is power, and combos give you points, so yeah, combos are important. You can spend points on the surface to buy new weapons, and if you overspend, you can get next-level weapons that are more powerful. Presumably if you super-overspend there's level-3 weapons but I haven't tried. I stopped playing the game after the music started getting stuck in my head

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hi folks. I used to play a bit of crawl a year or two ago, but I really played it 3-4 years ago. Is it bad now? People seem kinda pessimistic about it in this thread. I tried to get into Caves of Qud because I really like it's look, theme, and ambiance but it was a little too obtuse and only certain characters seemed viable to get past the very first few parts (If some combinations aren't viable for the tutorial to your game isn't it just fat to cut?).

Anyways I'm looking to get back into rogue likes because finding interesting/useful strategies are almost like puzzle pieces, and I enjoy games with a lot of depth, any I should check out in particular? I'm pretty basic because I also like Endless Dungeon so really spoon feed me I suppose.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I can almost guarantee that it's not your build holding you back in Qud, but rather decision-making. (Unless you've got like 10 Toughness or no way to deal damage or something, but that seems unlikely.) If you like, post a character code and I'll have a look at what could make it easier, or even take it for a test run through the first dungeon.

Also, what tutorial? Do you mean the Red Rock quest?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean half the guides and build things steer people towards mutant/mental mutation/gun builds. I think I was choosing a harder focus for starting out, tinker and gadget build and as the non-mutant starter class, but still.

I meant red rock but it isn't like I didn't farm up first in walking around the swamp, or doing the ez exp gadget quests in the starter town. I'm pretty sure laying out turrets and building gadgets is just weak as a starter character, so why have a paradigm advertised in the pure-human section.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I mean half the guides and build things steer people towards mutant/mental mutation/gun builds. I think I was choosing a harder focus for starting out, tinker and gadget builds as the non-mutant starter class, but still.

I meant red rock but it isn't like I didn't farm up first in walking around the swamp, or doing the ez exp gadget quests in the starter town. I'm pretty sure laying out turrets and building gadgets is just weak as a starter character, so why have a paradigm advertised in the pure-human section.

Lots of guides are super-outdated or written by people with more enthusiasm than actual game knowledge.

Anyways, the core of any character build in Caves of Qud is basically just a way to dependably deal damage, a way to run away from fights you can't win, and then a priority list of utility skills/mutations you pick up when SP and MP allow.

In that sense "Tinkers" as a character archetype aren't really a thing. Tinker I and Disassemble are good utility skills to take in the midgame when you have enough bits, money, and access to data disk vendors to actually use any of it. Every character wants those two skills eventually, and every other skill in the tree is at best a luxury and at worst a waste of limited SP.

Making a dedicated ranged character right from the start is technically doable but you'll run into ammo problems unless you have a lot of specialized game knowledge -- basically skipping ahead to areas that sell bullets as early as possible.

If you're just starting out, melee is dependable and effective for mutants and True Men. Any of the three main weapon types (long blades, axes, cudgels) are a viable choice; axes peak early thanks to the amazing Cleave skill which lets you damage enemy armor, long blades get disarm which is fantastic against weapon-using enemies and have some uniquely powerful late-game weapons, and cudgels have a lot of non-damage utility like dazes, stuns, and forced movement.

Try one of these out:
Long Blades: AGQMOMLK09
Axes: AJQOMMKL09
Cudgels: AIQMOMKK09

Take Acrobatics -> Spry as your first two skills, and put your level-up attributes into strength. The high DV from your translucent skin cybernetics will make the early game much easier, and those two skills will kick it up even higher.

The long blade build gets even more DV from defensive stance, the axe build should kill things very quickly (it's set up to use short blades as a secondary weapon in your off-hand -- the core short blades skill and Jab are all you really need), and the cudgels build gets an extra point of AV thanks to calloused.

For gear, try to find torso armor that gives 3 AV (studded leather is okay, chainmail is good, but modded armor with 3/0 or 4/-1 stats is even better) and as many pieces of 1/0 armor for other slots as you can find -- gloves, head, boots. If you can get 6 AV you'll hit an important breakpoint and most early game enemies won't be able to deal serious damage except on a lucky high roll.

e: if you get into a fight you can't win, remember to use your Sprint skill. it makes you run faster for a limited time (with a DV penalty, but you can remove this penalty with the first skill in the Tactics tree)

e2: mutants are way, way stronger than True Men, but they're also more complicated and some of their abilities are so powerful that they kind of become a crutch or trivialize other parts of the game, so feel free to play them or not as you prefer. nothing in the game is so difficult that you HAVE to be a mutant to beat it.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 30, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Also I encourage you to ask as many questions as you like here or in the Caves of Qud thread, I adore the game but I've pretty much broken it over my knee and seen every piece of content in the game, so my only joy now (at least until Unormal implements the next step of the main quest) is helping others reach that point. :v:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Also I encourage you to ask as many questions as you like here or in the Caves of Qud thread, I adore the game but I've pretty much broken it over my knee and seen every piece of content in the game, so my only joy now (at least until Unormal implements the next step of the main quest) is helping others reach that point. :v:

That's fair. And your points about the optimal/good builds are valid. But it just sucks that they have a true-kin "Gadget" starter guy person that actually isn't viable because they have no useful early economy, escape, or combat skills. Like Crawl would basically make the Gadget guy viable, because I imagine a similar class like that alchemist one where you make explosive potions and you gain stealth/whatever synergies.

I would expect the Gadget starter to move into teleport/blink scrolls type gadget with 'make-a-turret' being a expensive but effective combat ability, but instead there seem to be no useful/consistent ways to find utility gadgets or materials early so you're stuck to dying shortly after the Red Rock.

It just sounds like you have to build one of three characters early and stick with them until late game, and having only a few characters archtypes (Melee dude/Shootman dood/Psychic dood) doesn't really interest me. I am bitter though, because I spent several hours trying to make my Gadget true kin work. I just thought the game was different than it actually plays out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I stopped playing the game after the music started getting stuck in my head
This sounds like the opposite of the decision I would make in that scenario.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

That's fair. And your points about the optimal/good builds are valid. But it just sucks that they have a true-kin "Gadget" starter guy person that actually isn't viable because they have no useful early economy, escape, or combat skills. Like Crawl would basically make the Gadget guy viable, because I imagine a similar class like that alchemist one where you make explosive potions and you gain stealth/whatever synergies.

I would expect the Gadget starter to move into teleport/blink scrolls type gadget with 'make-a-turret' being a expensive but effective combat ability, but instead there seem to be no useful/consistent ways to find utility gadgets or materials early so you're stuck to dying shortly after the Red Rock.

It just sounds like you have to build one of three characters early and stick with them until late game, and having only a few characters archtypes (Melee dude/Shootman dood/Psychic dood) doesn't really interest me. I am bitter though, because I spent several hours trying to make my Gadget true kin work. I just thought the game was different than it actually plays out.

They are viable to an extent but the early game is a lot swingier without some basic weapon skills. It mostly comes down to tinker 2 being extremely hard to get any value out of thanks to high tier bits being rare as rooster eggs and int not being a terribly important stat. Their super random starting gear can also lead to problems.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You (all) are going to like the next thing we're doing. It's not more main quest but the final capstone system, alternate starts.

Toalpaz posted:

it just sucks that they have a true-kin "Gadget" starter guy person that actually isn't viable

I play straight up high-int true kin tinkers when I play (perhaps because I like my gaming experiences on the masochistic side of the slider), it's not that it's not viable, it's just that they aren't as easy for someone with 0 game knowledge that's making a lot of badly informed plays and lacks metagame knowledge. A basic melee guy is going to be a lot more forgiving and let you learn the ropes with less frustration.

e: tldr, True kin tinkers are basically tuned so they're fun for me, one of the game-creators with all the metagame knowledge, to play and still have a fun and challenging game. It's more like an 'advanced start'

Unormal fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 30, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unormal posted:

You (all) are going to like the next thing we're doing. It's not more main quest but the final capstone system, alternate starts.

AW YISS

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Been enjoying the Slay the Spire EA a fair amount. About 15h by the game clock for playthrough with both character classes currently in the game - Silent definitely took more doing as Ironclad I could go all the way on the first go and once again before I got the Silent through act 3.

Oddly enough, besides the obvious Dominion x Hearthstone x JRPG x roguelite vibe of the mechanics, the one title the gameplay loop reminds me the most is definitely FTL. Travel forward on the map of interconnected points, each offering combat encounter, random events, shops and like, until the end of the map and a new one. Chance playing part with a lot of things - what cards you are offered, what relics you get from bosses and chests, what kind of benefits you are able to wring out of the events, what is available to buy at stores. But at the same time I all the time have the feel that there are reasonable options for evening out the odds and adapting on what you can get, and definite points where you can point back to and say "yeah I definitely should have just thinned my deck instead of picking up that one card from sale" for example.

Mostly I feel I could do with a character class or two or three or four more, and have more variety on events and opponents which start becoming pretty familiar currently after dozen hours or so. I'm a bit wary of increasing the card pool of the classes too much, as it risks diluting the available options and making actually building working deck engines more prone to chance. Initially I felt that the three act length is too short, but in the end I think that just might be the sweet spot. As good deckbuilding games (in the fashion of Dominion) I think realize, the game is in assembling your deck engine more than actually running it. It feels satisfying getting your deck running smoothly with little need for additions in the last third of the game, but actually having to run it past the third act might really be just a tedious rote exercise.

Anyway I tend to shy off EA purchases generally (just now diving into Subnautica for example despite having it on my radar for a long time), but haven't been disappointed with Slay the Spire at the least.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Truekin Tinkers are actually loving amazing as hell because they start off with a shitton of otherwise insanely slow-to-acquire skills and are rolling in skill points all game. If you dump attribute points in physical stats and use your first level to buy a weapon proficiency, you'll be on your way to shredding everything in sight with a full loadout of heavily customized gear in no time. You just have to play carefully early on.

e: If you're patient enough, an endgame Artifex with cooking and trash divining can break the game in half as effectively as even the goofiest endgame Esper, since you have access to basically infinite rumours and all manner of technological and gastronomic cheatery, and there are no extradimensional horrorterrors to keep you honest. Hell, with a little luck you'll be able to make spiral borers before Golgotha and just take a leisurely stroll down to the waydroid and back. The potential for crazy lateral thinking and moustache-twirling dickery is glorious.

Like I could literally write an EAT A BEAR review exclusively about being a supervillain Artifex.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 30, 2018

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Unormal posted:

I play straight up high-int true kin tinkers when I play (perhaps because I like my gaming experiences on the masochistic side of the slider), it's not that it's not viable, it's just that they aren't as easy for someone with 0 game knowledge that's making a lot of badly informed plays and lacks metagame knowledge. A basic melee guy is going to be a lot more forgiving and let you learn the ropes with less frustration.

Y'know, I see this happen in lots of roguelikes: someone comes up to the game completely new, no knowledge of how it works, and they pick the most interesting-looking build to play as, which consistently tends to be the build that requires the most knowledge of the game in order to be effective. Often this is choosing to play as a mage, because they're fragile and many of their spells are situational. Sometimes people just look at the huge array of skills and abilities, find the weirdest-looking ones, and say "I'm gonna base a build on that." And then they complain that they aren't having fun or (more likely IME) accuse the game of being badly-designed, because they don't know how to use their character effectively.

Is this a problem? If so, how should it be addressed? You don't necessarily want to make the more outré characters more accessible, because that might mean weakening what makes them interesting to an experienced player. For example, the lack of a reliable/spammable damage source is a big problem for a newbie but an interesting puzzle for a veteran. In some games you can just slap a difficulty rating on the different starter options, so the player at least has some idea of what they're in for. I'd be impressed if that could be done for a game with such a freeform chargen system as Caves of Qud, though.

This ties into the famously opaque reputation that roguelikes have in general, of having clifflike learning curves and millions of wrong choices. When your system gives the player a lot of freedom to make mistakes, how do you give them some advance knowledge of how to succeed?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
IMO just add a "try a recommended starting build" option under character creation that lists an axe turtle, a hammertaur, a sword & board warden, and other similarly powerful-yet-straightforward characters along with brief blurbs for each (this is what you're best at, remember to use this skill, etc) so new players can get a feel for what does and doesn't work in the early game before they go back to getting elbow-deep in the guts of character creation.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah if I was a game dev i wouldn't mention the ultra complicated poo poo until later on, or let the players figure it out themselves. But then I suppose people would just tell eachother and then you've got the same problem all over again. Good thing i'm not a game dev.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

The thing is, you need to know that Psychometry is cool and good and allows you to p much instantly start making more ammo so you can become the post apocalyptic cowboy that you want to be. You still need Tinker I etc. to go with it tho

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wow delver 1.0 is coming out on Thursday and leaving early access.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/249630/announcements/detail/1664512272311326919

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Harminoff posted:

Wow delver 1.0 is coming out on Thursday and leaving early access.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/249630/announcements/detail/1664512272311326919

i wonder if they will start updating the Android version again. that one hasn't seen an update in over 4 years :corsair:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What're the new fungus spore colors again? I know green = gills, blue = crust, which colors are mumbles and waxflab?

Also you can drink the wax from waxflab but god knows why you'd do it.

zirconmusic
Nov 17, 2014

Unstoppable Trash Panda
Well poo poo maybe I shouldn't have picked Thursday

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

loving ADOM, my L11 Grey Elf Wizard stops to read a book, then I get a series of messages punctuated buy (more) messages resulting in an instadeath by an ogre magus. That's some loving bullshit.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What, so if an invisible enemy punches you while you're halfway through a book, your character doesn't "notice" them and stop reading? "I can't see anyone around so these club marks suddenly appearing on the back of my head must just be my imagination"?
:lol: Good one Thomas.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Like I could literally write an EAT A BEAR review exclusively about being a supervillain Artifex.
Please do!

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What, so if an invisible enemy punches you while you're halfway through a book, your character doesn't "notice" them and stop reading? "I can't see anyone around so these club marks suddenly appearing on the back of my head must just be my imagination"?
:lol: Good one Thomas.

it's definitely asking me if i want to keep reading if an invis monster attacks, either through spell or melee, while i'm reading a book so idk what he did to make it into more prompts and not a y/n prompt.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You would have died even if you weren't reading a book most likely. Ogre Magi are pretty bullshit if you don't have the tools to deal with them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Well, I was frozen to death by said Ogre Magus, I don't have anything configured to have fewer Y/N or anything, I get lots of "do you want to keep reading" but not this time. I guess whatever freezing spell just one shotted me. I was wearing a ring of fire resist, does that make you more susceptible to cold? Is there any way to examine the last messages? It's not showing when I dig into the high score.