Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

I'm sorry Tired Moritz and Quidthulhu - you we're both "best girls" in my book.

We lost a cop and an un-cop-able dayvig.

What happened to our cop's protections/protectors last night??

I thought someone would have them covered in a role madness game.

:same:

The scum shoulda been a bit nervous in a role madness game. But they just went straight for the most obvious kill. Might imply they got a strongman or a ninja or something. Which would make sense for role madness. But all that really tells us is "man, now we REALLY gotta find those scum!" so nothing new as far as scumhunting goes.

Prince, what are your reads looking like now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

Kindness is good and all but we just killed the Maiden and let the Little Girl die.

We are horrible people for that.

World peace is something that can only be achieved by a town win. Don't act so blasé!

uhhhh

same goes to you bud, the only way to vengeance is scumhunting. As for me, I promised to reconsider Tobbs in light of a town Quid flip so I am definitely doing that today. Don't like how he rocked up right around deadline. 50 either.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

On to new and interesting things:

My action was delayed by a day because I was in a life-threatening duel. I'm not really sure what to make of that, since I'm still here?

Huh, so like a roleblock but you still get to do your action tomorrow instead maybe?

Why would someone choose you for that, though? If I manage to start believing you're town after all, I guess that'll reflect badly on Juch :v:

Is Juch still your top read btw, MT? And is Monathin still on your radar?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going to review D1 when I get home at 10pm cst.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bifauxnen posted:

As for me, I promised to reconsider Tobbs in light of a town Quid flip so I am definitely doing that today. Don't like how he rocked up right around deadline. 50 either.

^^^ I agree, and I would add SaltheBard to that list along with Tobbs Gnawed and 50 pounds of bread as people who didn't weigh in until deadline.

I was following Quidthulhu's case on Tobbs Gnawed for the most part yesterday, but deadline came and we ultimately made the wrong choice. I feel like Tobbs Gnawed might've been a major chaotic force in yesterday's events.

I felt like last day's lunch could have swung a lot differently if it hadn't been over the weekend. Shame, really.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry about that, TM.

Also, take a look at TM's flip: Tired Moritz, Town aligned Saber (Strongman vig/all cops will fail) was brutally lynched.
this seems to imply that there are multiple cops, including scumcops. Otherwise, I can't see why a town role would only block town investigations.

The first thing I want is for Sal to explain his end of day activity, especially that terrible Quid vote near deadline. I would also like to know Monathin's thoughts now that we've had some time to cool off. Both of you seemed intent on lynching quid even though he had already claimed cop.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry about that, TM.

Also, take a look at TM's flip: Tired Moritz, Town aligned Saber (Strongman vig/all cops will fail) was brutally lynched.
this seems to imply that there are multiple cops, including scumcops. Otherwise, I can't see why a town role would only block town investigations.

The first thing I want is for Sal to explain his end of day activity, especially that terrible Quid vote near deadline. I would also like to know Monathin's thoughts now that we've had some time to cool off. Both of you seemed intent on lynching quid even though he had already claimed cop.

Quid asked to be voted off. In Shine V I had a similar meltdownand would've really appreciated people respecting my wishes (KB had me role copped he didn't let it happen which really frustrated me). I was really just doing what he asked. That was it. I gave into peer pressure and changed my vote. If anything that is what I regret the most.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh, so like a roleblock but you still get to do your action tomorrow instead maybe?

Why would someone choose you for that, though? If I manage to start believing you're town after all, I guess that'll reflect badly on Juch :v:

Is Juch still your top read btw, MT? And is Monathin still on your radar?

Nah I've eased on Monathin. Re: Juch, here are all of his posts since I cased him:

Juchero posted:

nah I don't think they're scum

but you're right that I don't have any strong reads yet, i am a bit out of practice and this day 1 hasn't given me much to chew on

---

a whole lot of this does in fact look like town on town

you can tell because it's day one and people are making giant loving arguments

day one ain't ever that complicated

---

won't be around for deadline, D&D night

still have no idea who is scum

---

i genuinely haven't had much time today

most of my posts are from my phone, carefully typed between long periods of chasing a 2 year old around

---

i'm sad i wasn't around for deadline, things got wild

i'll have some cases up by tomorrow, lot to re-read for day 1 but both these flips should shed some light on who we need to look at more closely

I feel like it'd be ridiculous for me to have changed my mind. What's your take on Juch?

My next top reads are Chic and b- with a sideways glance at 50 and should have cases before I go to bed in a few hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Nah I've eased on Monathin. Re: Juch, here are all of his posts since I cased him:

I feel like it'd be ridiculous for me to have changed my mind. What's your take on Juch?

My next top reads are Chic and b- with a sideways glance at 50 and should have cases before I go to bed in a few hours.

Yeah, with Juch checking in all "uh I'll get something later in light of the flips" it sounds like he's still phoning it in. I wonder if you're right about him after all.

Glad to hear you eased on Monathin, I thought his participation improved a lot in the latter half of D1, and his frustration with Quid sounded very sincere so I woulda found that suss if you were still clinging on to that early case.

Surprised your next read is Chic, though? Weren't you the one trying to convince me how her frustration with me was so sincere back when she first poked her head out of lurkville? Since then she's only participated more and more meaningfully, why has your read gone the opposite way?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

My opinion is that Quid dying tells us effectively nothing due to the stink they made in the thread due to the sheer scale of it, and that their engagement in the thread was going to continue on a downward trend. It was a vote made entirely to try and preserve some semblance of the game being fun and enjoyable, as I expressed last night. I'm a little cooler in the head over it but I stand by my refusal to budge until the thread of a NL seemed imminent.

Would like to go back and examine people who made cases on TM, especially those who were turning up the dial on TM to avoid voting Quid off - it's a move I don't like at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mafia Edit: Threat, not Thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

Would like to go back and examine people who made cases on TM, especially those who were turning up the dial on TM to avoid voting Quid off - it's a move I don't like at all.

I don't know if we can really read any scummy intent into that. Scum woulda known Quid's cop claim was real. Scum would want a cop dead, period. We can see that by the fact that they killed him last night, despite that being the most obvious and dangerous kill for them to attempt.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know if we can really read any scummy intent into that. Scum woulda known Quid's cop claim was real. Scum would want a cop dead, period. We can see that by the fact that they killed him last night, despite that being the most obvious and dangerous kill for them to attempt.

That I think is why it's worth looking at the TM case, though - if the scum thought that kill was feasible and that they could get away with it, why wouldn't they move off TM? Bag a townine in a panic to avoid a NL now that other people are avoiding trying to dunk a cop, get rid of the cop as the NK, it seems like that would have been an easy and strategic enough push.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mafia edit AGAIN - Move OFF Quid ONTO TM.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Chic Trombone posted:

How are people feeling about Tired Mortiz? i have a scummy gutread on them

^^^ This was essentially the case on Tired Moritz (the gut-read opinion of TM's mason-buddy, Chic Trombone), that and Tired Moritz plunking down a lazy vote on Quidthulhu just before Quid's cop claim.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

That I think is why it's worth looking at the TM case, though - if the scum thought that kill was feasible and that they could get away with it, why wouldn't they move off TM? Bag a townine in a panic to avoid a NL now that other people are avoiding trying to dunk a cop, get rid of the cop as the NK, it seems like that would have been an easy and strategic enough push.

Well yeah, they managed to pull off the kill... but even if they had a strongman, what if Quid was watched? Or what if they got blocked some other way? Relying on night actions leaves a lot up to chance. Lunching Quid during the day is a sure-fire kill in comparison.

And they would know that Quid's claim was real, so he could prove himself if he lived to give results the next day. Even I was willing to give him that chance by switching to TM straight away. They would be absolute fools to pass up the chance to lunch the cop when the votes were all there and they could have easily got away with it.

I mean yeah, there's looking good for town cred and all, but the votes were still there right at deadline, even after the cop claim. Scum should have tried to keep securing the Quid lunch.

Or maybe, like Tobbs and 50, they tried to stay out of it entirely.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
GulagDolls was trying to get people to lunch Quidthulhu all day yesterday until the very last moment. They were even arguing in favor of voting Tired Moritz long before switching their vote to him at deadline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually Tobbs did one better than staying out of it entirely... he'd already voted Quid earlier, so that vote on Quid got to stay plopped on him while the whole cop claim fiasco was going down.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Movie is done. I literally have no time to read but can hammer/vote TM I guess?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Going to watch blade runner but should be around for deadline.

Still don't at all like that Quid's only pushing players voting for him (with terrible contrived cases built on lies and misrepresentation).

I think he's the best lynch for today, but willing to switch near deadline to avoid a no-lynch.

In hindsight this sure looks like Tobbs trying to give himself an excuse ahead of time if he needed to lie low, and then lying low so he didn't have to explain himself not switching to Tired. He claimed he'd be around for deadline, he was clearly acting like he was aware of the deadline and would be around to help... but he only rocked up right at the hammer, when there were 6 minutes left to go.

##vote Tobbs

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

b-minus1 posted:

man, I'm really starting to think quid is just frustrated town. either way, it's getting hard to read the nonstop bickering between bif and quid.

i share a similar scumread. If quid actually is town, then

is a really bad post. looking at his post history, TM doesn't seem to care at all who is lynched just as long as somebody is.
##vote tired moritz

Actually, my bad - this ^^^ is the post that started the vote train on Tired Moritz yesterday.

B-minus1, what do you think now that Quidthulhu and Tired Moritz have both flipped town? Who are your strongest scumreads?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Well yeah, they managed to pull off the kill... but even if they had a strongman, what if Quid was watched? Or what if they got blocked some other way? Relying on night actions leaves a lot up to chance. Lunching Quid during the day is a sure-fire kill in comparison.

And they would know that Quid's claim was real, so he could prove himself if he lived to give results the next day. Even I was willing to give him that chance by switching to TM straight away. They would be absolute fools to pass up the chance to lunch the cop when the votes were all there and they could have easily got away with it.

I mean yeah, there's looking good for town cred and all, but the votes were still there right at deadline, even after the cop claim. Scum should have tried to keep securing the Quid lunch.

Or maybe, like Tobbs and 50, they tried to stay out of it entirely.

I suppose that's a good point, but I can't help feeling there's something there I'm missing. I think I have a theory, but I'm loathe to share it until I've done more research. Tell me what you think about this theory, Bif, it's percolating in my mind right now:

- Votes mount on Quid due to suspicions
- All of That poo poo Happens
- Quid claims cop, people understandably do not want to lunch a cop
- Chip floats the idea of lunching TM, citing scummy gutreads.
- Votes start piling on TM
- TM starts to ask if they should claim, get told 'nah I don't think we have the votes' (By you, I think?)
- More people switch to TM after this
- TM panic claims
- TM gets voted off in order to avoid a deadlock NL.

I feel like there's potential that scum might have switched their vote not right away to TM, but later, after TM showed weakness to having to claim, possibly sometime between TM asks about fullclaiming and TM's actual fullclaim, though on thinking of this I don't know who would be scum in that part of the thread last night. Obviously, they wouldn't be able to switch back to Quid without seeing scummy, so they'd have to stick on TM and risk NK on Quid.

This is just me thinking about it, because otherwise we're just in an extended D1 and I don't like having to admit that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

Surprised your next read is Chic, though? Weren't you the one trying to convince me how her frustration with me was so sincere back when she first poked her head out of lurkville? Since then she's only participated more and more meaningfully, why has your read gone the opposite way?

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this might be one of those cases where you stop and consider "if she were actually town and frustrated at being cased for not showing up on a weekend d1, is her reaction believable?" and I personally think it is.

I'm not saying she's town (still null there) but lately I've been trying to believe people when they seem angry enough to tell others off and I'd prefer to avoid the game going in a more personal-attacks direction. :ohdear:

Bifauxnen posted:

That was more motivated by me trying to avoid an ugly in-thread fight than it was an alignment read on Chic. :ohdear: See bolded above.

Chic Trombone posted:

actually if everyone online right now switched to Tired Mortiz we might have enough but then this would just stretch into D2 as well

---

gently caress it i'll try for it ##vote tired mortiz

---

please vote tired mortiz, we might still be able to get off a lunch

In a nutshell, a lot of her D1 content was spent casing Quid, and then after he claimed cop she was the one to drive the lynch on TM. I feel like it's entirely possible this was proactively done by scum to keep themselves off the block / gain cred by taking an easy "we shouldn't lynch the cop" stance.

It's not a slam-dunk but if I had to bet on Chic's alignment I'd bet scum.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

GulagDolls was trying to get people to lunch Quidthulhu all day yesterday until the very last moment. They were even arguing in favor of voting Tired Moritz long before switching their vote to him at deadline.

and?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I guess I shared the theory anyway, ah well, no harm in getting it out there.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Prince of Space posted:

^^^ This was essentially the case on Tired Moritz (the gut-read opinion of TM's mason-buddy, Chic Trombone), that and Tired Moritz plunking down a lazy vote on Quidthulhu just before Quid's cop claim.

to be fair I was the first person to vote for TM yesterday, mostly because of that awful quid vote and his earlier posts directed at me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol I should hit refresh before I post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

I feel like there's potential that scum might have switched their vote not right away to TM, but later, after TM showed weakness to having to claim, possibly sometime between TM asks about fullclaiming and TM's actual fullclaim, though on thinking of this I don't know who would be scum in that part of the thread last night. Obviously, they wouldn't be able to switch back to Quid without seeing scummy, so they'd have to stick on TM and risk NK on Quid.

This is just me thinking about it, because otherwise we're just in an extended D1 and I don't like having to admit that.

Nah, it's not D1 anymore. Quid is flipped now so we can know with certainty that his cop claim was real, and review his reads in light of that. (especially Tobbs, haha)

I don't really agree with your theory about scum moving to TM later. Everything was moving very fast then. Scum should've just stuck on Quid, and not helped the TM vote look like it was even a possibility at all. Even back when it first started and there was still a full hour to pull it off, people thought it was a long shot.

I'll need to go look back now at the actual timeline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

In a nutshell, a lot of her D1 content was spent casing Quid, and then after he claimed cop she was the one to drive the lynch on TM. I feel like it's entirely possible this was proactively done by scum to keep themselves off the block / gain cred by taking an easy "we shouldn't lynch the cop" stance.

It's not a slam-dunk but if I had to bet on Chic's alignment I'd bet scum.

Hmm. Ok I could see that as a possibility. Scum moving in to actually make the TM a viable new lunch candidate seems very unlikely to me, but making a token attempt to put someone else on the chopping block would be a decent move for town cred if it wasn't gonna even get anywhere, and people just stuck with Quid to avoid a no-lunch.

I'm not quite convinced, but it's possible.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Prince of Space posted:

Actually, my bad - this ^^^ is the post that started the vote train on Tired Moritz yesterday.

B-minus1, what do you think now that Quidthulhu and Tired Moritz have both flipped town? Who are your strongest scumreads?

well I've already given my thoughts on both of them post-flip, and don't think we are in an absolutely dire situation quite yet.

My top scumreads are Sal, monathin, Tobbs and MMT. a few thoughts:
Sal and monathin especially, for what appeared to me as an attempt to get quid lynched even after the claim. though I buy monathin's explanation more than Sal's for sure.
Tobb's "hey guys what did I miss" post after the hammer was really bad
MMT threw out an early "jokevote" for quid, then later voted for monathin, and finally kept her vote parked on Juchero for the remainder of the day. just getting a strange feeling reading her posts, overly friendly townie without committing to reads, except for that juchero vote.

going into d2, I still feel pretty good about my town read of Bif, but less confident about 50, especially given quid's death last night. Overall I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of flavor and still think it is important, but maybe not as much as I thought. I'm neutral on everyone else.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

He's dead now. Quidthulhu can't hurt you any more. You got your Day 1 wish so let's move on to hunting down scum rather than following personal vendettas. Who should we really have voted for yesterday?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

going into d2, I still feel pretty good about my town read of Bif, but less confident about 50, especially given quid's death last night.

Yeah 50 just left his vote parked on me ever since he made it to gripe about me being in a masonry. He never bothered to update it at all, not even as deadline approached. Not a good look.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

well I've already given my thoughts on both of them post-flip, and don't think we are in an absolutely dire situation quite yet.

Sal and monathin especially, for what appeared to me as an attempt to get quid lynched even after the claim. though I buy monathin's explanation more than Sal's for sure.
Tobb's "hey guys what did I miss" post after the hammer was really bad
MMT threw out an early "jokevote" for quid, then later voted for monathin, and finally kept her vote parked on Juchero for the remainder of the day. just getting a strange feeling reading her posts, overly friendly townie without committing to reads, except for that juchero vote.

going into d2, I still feel pretty good about my town read of Bif, but less confident about 50, especially given quid's death last night. Overall I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of flavor and still think it is important, but maybe not as much as I thought. I'm neutral on everyone else.

oh btw I'm really looking forward to seeing MT's case on you today, haha

especially after this post. Cause this is a good post

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

B-Minus You weren't in my thread for Shine so I understand your reasoning here. On the last day of the game it came down to final scum as either YPM or Myself. I was town and YPM and others were hunting me down. I was stressing out due to work and generally having a bad day. My posting was really toxic and I could tell that I was ruining the game for others. I was pleading with people to vote me out because I was so miserable. I was doing all the same things that Quid was, self voting, lots of angry posts etc. TM was someone who actually wanted to play so I wanted to keep my vote on Quid. I was worried about a no-lynch as well as some peer pressure from GD so I swapped. Thats it.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

B-Minus You weren't in my thread for Shine so I understand your reasoning here. On the last day of the game it came down to final scum as either YPM or Myself. I was town and YPM and others were hunting me down. I was stressing out due to work and generally having a bad day. My posting was really toxic and I could tell that I was ruining the game for others. I was pleading with people to vote me out because I was so miserable. I was doing all the same things that Quid was, self voting, lots of angry posts etc. TM was someone who actually wanted to play so I wanted to keep my vote on Quid. I was worried about a no-lynch as well as some peer pressure from GD so I swapped. Thats it.

hey sal, who do you think are the bad guys. i read your post history and i can't find where you solidly share a scumread

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i'm very solid in my belief that yesterday's scuffle between bif and quid was a town scuffle

gonna take a second glance at tobbs, quid made the point that he was buddying bif hard and i think it's worth a look

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

That was more motivated by me trying to avoid an ugly in-thread fight than it was an alignment read on Chic. :ohdear: See bolded above.

i had already cooled down temper-wise and left the thread for a while by then?

not sure i buy this explanation

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also kind of a misrepresentation of why i was The Mad in the first place (i still think D1 lurker calls are :nallears:); i wasn't mad bc i, specifically, was being called scum

i guess i can see the misinterpretation but something feels fishy here

MMT why didn't you bring me up as scummy later in the day when it was clear i wouldn't start a fight or w/e you're claiming to have been worried about over it?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Rex i still think you're town from your posting shenanigans yesterday, but it's time to have some opinions so who do you think is scum

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
^^^
ah, beaten

Chic Trombone posted:

hey sal, who do you think are the bad guys.

I would like to hear more from Tobbs Gnawed, Khedive Rex, and Juchero on that front, too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually Tobbs did one better than staying out of it entirely... he'd already voted Quid earlier, so that vote on Quid got to stay plopped on him while the whole cop claim fiasco was going down.

In hindsight this sure looks like Tobbs trying to give himself an excuse ahead of time if he needed to lie low, and then lying low so he didn't have to explain himself not switching to Tired. He claimed he'd be around for deadline, he was clearly acting like he was aware of the deadline and would be around to help... but he only rocked up right at the hammer, when there were 6 minutes left to go.

##vote Tobbs

I did actually go see a movie (it was maze runner not blade runner).

The extraction at the end took like 8 hours and the girl had the dumbest look on her face when she fell.

I had a gut scum read on MMT, but since she outed that I targeted her with my action I think she's probably town.

I don't see scum doing that.

But yeah. My wife's cousin is pregnant and they had a baby shower which we attended, and we went to see a movie because she's probably not gonna be able to do that after she has the baby. I also mentioned that I was restricted to phone posting over the weekend. That's a lot of setup for a scum Tobbs to get out of posting around a deadline where the vote was split between two players that have flipped town.

Well, Bif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:shrug:

What's your current Lumpenlist

• Locked thread