Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
checkin in, will have a couple of cases soon

also lol at that slip, except now i need to factor that in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

KhediveRex posted:

This is the heart of what I'm not understanding. On a night where there was the threat of a cop being killed, you used your power to check out a gut read you developed long before any of the drama of day 1 came onto the scene.

If I had had your power I'd have dueled someone who was involved with the deadline last night. Someone who was engineering after Quid came out as Cop. Someone who disappeared after Quid came out as Cop. Someone involved with the situation who seemed to have an agenda. Someone who might have been involved with scum's reaction to a claimed cop.

You kept you're cool and hit the first person in the game you had been suspicious about. Like there were no more pressing issues to respond to. That's a strange reaction for town.

On the other side of things if you were running interference for a NK, anyone you felt like hitting would be equally valid.

... There's less mystery in imagining that your scum than in imagining that your town. Basically. But I'd love to hear your side of it.

Why was dueling MMT the best thing you could do to prevent the potential death of a cop?

Yeah in retrospect, this post looks shady to me. If Rex is acknowledging that the town play is to analyze the pushes on Quid/TM, why is he instead focusing on who Tobbs chose to target?

Rex: 50 was pretty clearly implying that he can protect people - why wouldn't a scum Tobbs target him instead of me?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

i'm sad i wasn't around for deadline, things got wild

i'll have some cases up by tomorrow, lot to re-read for day 1 but both these flips should shed some light on who we need to look at more closely

checkin in, will have a couple of cases soon

---

having caught up again the case on 50 was silly and i'm now about 70% sure that prince is scum

but i'll have more details in the morning tomorrow, and if i don't, you should lynch me because no one should be allowed to coast this much, real life issues be damned, i signed up for mafia, i'm here to play

---

also lol at that slip, except now i need to factor that in

At the risk of beating a dead horse, Juchero's game reads exactly like me when I roll scum and am too lost to effectively make fake cases. I get that real life happens but scum specifically is more likely to be self-conscious enough to feel the need to make multiple empty "checking in, I'm still in the game!" posts.

Juchero - can you, like even from memory, just quickly explain off the top of your head where your scum read on Prince came from?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Totally Town
Quid - still town, still a cute girl

Leaning Town
50 - stupid flavor reads but I believe him to be town because of it. easily could be wrong.

50 pounds of bread posted:

BERZERKER TELL LITTLE GIRL CONFIRM PURE HEART

LITTLE GIRL NO NEED SAY POWER BUT DID

BERZERKER TRY MAKE BAD ONES THINK BERZERKER CAN PROTECT SO BAD ONES GET BERZERKER INSTEAD

BERZERKER POWERFUL BUT LITTLE GIRL MORE IMPORTANT

One grunt for yes, two grunts for no:

Are you saying that Quid knew you were town / and you told him to claim flavor but not role? Like were you confirmed masons or something? (you said you weren't a mason earlier so this explanation feels off)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Because I'm extremely frustrated that Quid played the way he did as town, even before all the personal poo poo came up. On top of that I'm super frustrated that even if I'm trying my best to not be too insulting but still let an occasional "lol" slip out in disbelief at how much he's got something wrong, or if I choose not to engage with Quid out of respect for all the OTHER players of this game who have to wade through both our posts, I apparently deserve to have the full weight of Quid's historical emotional trauma thrown at me, to accuse me of being some horrible mean person for not going out of my way to make my whole gaming efforts revolve around not making Quid ever feel disrespected for not being listened to. ....even though I WAS listening to him far more than he was listening to me, cause he was accusing me of pushing narratives I was saying the bloody opposite of, and didn't even read my goddamn lumpenlist. So yes. I am still quite frustrated with Quid and that's not just gonna vanish once he gets NKed. If anything, I got more annoyed when I tried to drop an apology, thinking he must have some serious rl poo poo going down that's putting him that much on edge, and he said "lol nah my life's great".

Murmur Twin posted:

Mutual Respect is the continuance condition of dialogue. The instant people perceive disrespect, the interaction is no longer about the original purpose – it is now about defending dignity.”

…we can stay in dialogue by finding a way to honor and regard another person’s basic humanity. In essence, feelings of disrespect often come when we dwell on how others are different from ourselves. We can counteract these feelings by looking for ways we are similar.

:glomp:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

KhediveRex puts me and MMT on his list of suspicious characters. KhediveRex doesn't see how or why a duel developed between townies.

That's a scumslip, friends.

##vote KhediveRex

Tobbs, I just want to remind you of how you also thought I had scumslipped, just because you somehow couldn't tell from the context of my huge flavour discussion that I was talking about the story of an anime, and instead you thought I seriously meant that I was in a pair of players out to duel everybody else to the death, in this game of Mafia, and I saw nothing odd about this at all that I would need to conceal it or fakeclaim about it, so I just casually dropped it into my conversation, in this game of Mafia.

I won't spoil my super advanced linguistic analysis techniques just yet, let's wait and see if Khedive shows up and chokes cause it actually was a scumslip, but if you're wondering why I'm not dogpiling on Rex just yet, this is why.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Prince of Space posted:

Prince of Space's Day 1 reaction summaries
  • 50 pounds of bread - RPing a Berserker. Might try and kill some scum later, might miss and hurt somebody. Wildcard.

• KhediveRex - talks of loneliness and chess in a disconcerting way - at first mistaken to be flavor. Sudden avatar change (anti-Bifauxnen) and general demeanor (voting self) raises flags.

• Murmur Twin - seems willing to share thoughts and throw out accusations on gut reads. Pot-stirrer, but maybe also throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what will stick. I want to lean town but it's too early on.

• Quidthulhu - Seems like a popular guy that people want out of the game for meta reasons. Argumentative in sometimes roundabout or unhelpful ways. Willing to give him a pass for Day 1 because they were lynched early on as scum in their last mafia game, Shine V.

• Tired Moritz - Our "Best Girl" needs to step up her game.

• Tobbs Gnawed - Threw out a lot of vote pressure Day 1 and started out with a Miller claim. Seems like trouble and a rabble-rouser, but in Mafia that can be a useful tool for finding scum. Null/paying attention.

this is where i would like to begin. if i'm going to imply that prince is scum, it would be based on their behavior and actions relating to the people who were most implicated and affected by the lunch and subsequent night kill.

let's begin with Quid, our now ded claimed cop

Prince of Space posted:

I don't have a 100% town read on her - I can't. I'm leaning town on Bifauxnen because I read her accusatory tone and I see what she's doing - poking at people for their weirder decisions and trying to catch them in a slipup.

The fact that she's poking at you doesn't necessarily mean you're the bad guy, it just means you did something that didn't jive well with her logical setup.

Bifauxnen feels your behavior surrounding Juchero is suspicious, and I would agree.

this reads to me as an attempt to comment on the situation and let an implication fly without actually putting themselves at risk. the tying of me to quid as well is a problem, although one that I feel should color the opinions hereon.

Prince of Space posted:

Would you four jokesters please put down the swords and look into someone other than yourselves for today?

I am also in agreement with those saying that this feels like a town/town slapfight.

as someone who actually agrees with the message here and made comments to a similar degree on the matter, i don't like the way this post comes off, distancing itself from the day 1 kerfuffle without(again) directly engaging, and yet still making sure their opinion is in the arena.

Prince of Space posted:

Partially, yes. I think Tobbs is the most suspect of those four people-

But I'm not about to vote for our four more avid participants right now, so I'll put some a bit of pressure where I feel pressure is due.

##vote SaltheBard

It's near the end of day 1. Do you have any thoughts you'd like to share, SaltheBard?

Prince of Space posted:

Well I'm not about to lead the charge against you Day 1 before deadline while you're out being social. I'm not that bloodthirsty.

##unvote

Now I feel the need to press on the other person who hasn't been contributing much.

##vote Chic Trombone

What are your leanings, Chic Trombone?

Prince of Space posted:

I feel like Chic Trombone has made some good posts lately.

##unvote

I want to believe that Tired Moritz is a disaffected town with work in the way. I'd also rather vote for him over Quidthulhu.

these three posts are bothering me, because while putting pressure on lurkers is always a good idea, i don't like how little attention these votes got, especially considering that any of them could have lead to a lurker push at that stage. voting and unvoting twice in a row should be suspicious no matter the context.

Prince of Space posted:

Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen said "LOL" because you said she'd done no reads on anyone when she'd just given you a lumpenlist that you didn't read at first.

i don't like this reliance on lumpenlisting for reads, i feel like it's a cheap way to throw out implications without really backing up your claims

let's get to some meat though, end of day 1

Prince of Space posted:

##vote Tired Moritz

Sorry but you're not the best girl.

bad vote. real bad vote, especially considering the outcome, but...

Prince of Space posted:

I sigh and sheathe my katana.

##unvote

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

Do you really think his approach is scummy, Quidthulhu?

this sudden switch, given that this post and the previous had no posts inbetween, reads to me as scum trying to find the right bandwagon to jump on

Prince of Space posted:

I have no clue ! I don't want a no-lynch either!

right after that, is this, which could just be inexperienced town but reads more to me like scum trying to use that image to clear themselves of suspicion on a bad vote

finally:

Prince of Space posted:

I'm trying to get Quidthulhu to engage, but now is not the time!

##unvote

##vote Tired Moritz

you can't just throw votes around and claim you're trying to just get people to engage, especially considering that this is the pressure that caused quid to claim and die that night.

i reserve my vote for the moment, but i have more to say on prince regarding their day 2 posts(look forward to it)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Tobbs, I just want to remind you of how you also thought I had scumslipped, just because you somehow couldn't tell from the context of my huge flavour discussion that I was talking about the story of an anime, and instead you thought I seriously meant that I was in a pair of players out to duel everybody else to the death, in this game of Mafia, and I saw nothing odd about this at all that I would need to conceal it or fakeclaim about it, so I just casually dropped it into my conversation, in this game of Mafia.

I won't spoil my super advanced linguistic analysis techniques just yet, let's wait and see if Khedive shows up and chokes cause it actually was a scumslip, but if you're wondering why I'm not dogpiling on Rex just yet, this is why.

When I thought you slipped, it was a lot more convoluted.

This is pretty clear. KR put us on a list of suspicious players and also called us townies. I've bolded a different part below that adds to that, as well as a follow-up post of his.

KhediveRex posted:

Really though, half of my suspicions with Tobbs comes from the duel he's involved in with MurmerTwin. I don't see why, if he had that power, he would use it on MurmurTwin. He calls it a gut read. It feels more to me like a "I want to use this and see how it works." (Correct me if dueling is a standard power, I think the whole idea is weird.) I just don't see how or why a duel developed between townies. Sort of in general. And having said that.

MurmurTwin: I have to put her on the list of suspicious people because she's the other half of the duel. She and Tobbs are fighting for reasons that haven't been sufficiently explained to us. I also note that like Tobbs, MurmurTwin wasn't very active around deadline, even though it was a very important deadline. That's far from daming evidence but, it is worth noting.

KhediveRex posted:

Can you explain why she was your target?

Also, what would the danger have been of telling us your power last night? A one turn move delay isn't scary. It wouldn't have gotten you targeted. Do you think town could have given you a better guess at who to duel, if you'd chosen to confide in us? Wouldn't telling us have removed suspicion on you when Quid was pushing hard? What was your rationale?

He's really pressing me on targeting Murmur Twin. To me, it reads as if he knows that she's town (even if he didn't slip up and explicitly call us town).

It's even more damning knowing that his suspicion of me is predicated on him disagreeing with my NA choice...when he puts my target on his scum list. His argument is clearly fake even without the explicit slip.

He's had a ton of time to get coached by his scumbros, and maybe they see a way out of it. I'm pretty sure I've caught scum, though, so I expect they'll hop on his lynch rather than draw suspicion on themselves after he flips scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
wow Rex has really been pushing Tobbs to reveal why he chose MMT to target.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

wow Rex has really been pushing Tobbs to reveal why he chose MMT to target.

I think he saw that I targeted a player who he knew was town with an interfering ability and decided to make a case for me being scum because of it.

One of the main things that bothers me about it is that he can't make the argument without knowing MMT's alignment. Where is all this coming from? It's fine to disagree with someone's choice of NA target, but his entire point/case is "Why did you interfere with a town player, Tobbs?"

It all reinforces the scumslip being real.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
while I work on part 2 I wholly agree with tobbs regarding the scum slip

going from "suspicious" to "assumed as town" like that feels too shady

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
let us continue to day 2, but first...

Prince of Space posted:

And voting for your mason-buddy doesn't? Seems like sour tastes all around.

okay but then

Prince of Space posted:

I'm sorry Tired Moritz and Quidthulhu - you we're both "best girls" in my book.

We lost a cop and an un-cop-able dayvig.

What happened to our cop's protections/protectors last night??

I thought someone would have them covered in a role madness game.

this following right after speaks of a total lack of internal consistency, especially since they voted both of them in their little end of day confusion. it also reads as trying to figure out essential town role information, with a little bit of "oh i'm so confused" thrown in

Prince of Space posted:

Kindness is good and all but we just killed the Maiden and let the Little Girl die.

We are horrible people for that.

World peace is something that can only be achieved by a town win. Don't act so blasé!

more and more, these posts are reading as insincere to me, especially the "oh no i feel the WORST about those two tragic town deaths for real" implication

but let's finish off with another lumpenlist

Prince of Space posted:

Prince of Space's Reaction List Day 2

50 pounds of bread - was unable to protect the little girl last night. What is he going to do about it? Still waiting on responses, Berserker. Currently scummy.
KhediveRex - After his "town slip" earlier, he has been helpful and wrote up a nice lumpenlist. Good guy.
Murmur Twin - Thinks oddly and makes strange cases. Might just be wrong about some things. Null read total.
Quidthulhu - Dead Town, Cop / Ilya
Tired Moritz - Dead Town, Day-Vigilante / Saber
Tobbs Gnawed - Assassin/duelist claim. Vouches for Murmur Twin and Bifauxnen. Leaning Town due to flavor claims.

e: Ah, I refreshed and I have much to read.

oh my god i hate lumpenlists, and this is a lumpenlist complementing other lumpenlists. more importantly, i don't like how deferential this list and the other are to certain people, especially tobbs and MMT

overall, honestly, if you are worried about someone coasting through, maybe you should look at the person with almost no real casing, the majority of their posts being reactionary and bandwagony, without any real commitment to their choice of votes.

rex's slip leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it would be an easy vote to get behind, but i want to, in prince's words, "put some pressure" on someone i think is doing a better job at passing as town

##vote Prince of Space

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hey, I was about to reply to this, but then realized all this Quid stuff was just getting nuts and it should REALLY be discussed outside the game instead. So I wrote up a big thing and saved it for later, remind me to PM it to you after one of us is dead ok?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man, this big case from Juchero makes me feel conflicted cause I'm also debating a lot whether Prince is scummy. But I'm looking at the things Juch is quoting and his comments sometimes don't even seem to match up to the context he's quoting them from. Maybe it's just cause he's been lurking and had to catch up so he isn't really getting the context, and it's an innocent mistake, but...

let's start with this set of 3 quotes.

Juchero posted:

Prince of Space posted:

I don't have a 100% town read on her - I can't. I'm leaning town on Bifauxnen because I read her accusatory tone and I see what she's doing - poking at people for their weirder decisions and trying to catch them in a slipup.

The fact that she's poking at you doesn't necessarily mean you're the bad guy, it just means you did something that didn't jive well with her logical setup.

Bifauxnen feels your behavior surrounding Juchero is suspicious, and I would agree.

Juchero posted:

this reads to me as an attempt to comment on the situation and let an implication fly without actually putting themselves at risk. the tying of me to quid as well is a problem, although one that I feel should color the opinions hereon.

How is this Prince trying to "comment on the situation", by which I guess you mean the Quid situation, because you opened this saying you wanted to begin with Quid "our now ded claimed cop"?

This is what Prince was replying to if you follow the bit you quoted:

Quidthulhu posted:

What, specifically, would you say are bif's "Good scum-hunting efforts?" Please explain why you have a town read on her, in detail, and in regards to her scumhunting.

Prince was directly answering a question from Quid about why he thought I was town, and what he saw as scumhunting. How is this supposed to be an "attempt to comment on the situation"? It seems like you're trying to frame this as scum Prince sitting there doing the classic scum thing of not knowing what to post, but needing to say something, needing to comment... and then he drops this weird attempt for no reason!! ...except Prince was just directly answering a direct question about his thoughts on my alignment.

Next up are these 2 quotes:

Prince of Space posted:

Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen said "LOL" because you said she'd done no reads on anyone when she'd just given you a lumpenlist that you didn't read at first.

Juchero posted:

i don't like this reliance on lumpenlisting for reads, i feel like it's a cheap way to throw out implications without really backing up your claims

Are you saying Prince or me is the one relying on Lumpenlisting for reads? I see them more as a way to just collect and arrange your existing reads, so I don't even know what you mean by "relying on them for reads" to begin with, but that's neither here nor there...

Anyway, this particular quote from Prince doesn't even have anything to do with whether Lumpenlists are good or how good one of them is. The situation was like this:
- Quid ASKED me to make a Lumpenlist, and said he would do one too.
- I then posted a Lumpenlist
- Quid somehow totally skipped over my Lumpenlist post, and went on to say that I had no opinions on anyone besides him, even though I had literally just posted a whole list of opinions on every single player.
- That made me lol
- Quid got SUPER mad that I loled
- Prince pointed out the very obvious reason why I loled

What does any of that have to do with Prince needing "a cheap way to throw out implications without really backing up your claims"?

Now going back to the start of Juch's post...

Juchero posted:

this is where i would like to begin. if i'm going to imply that prince is scum, it would be based on their behavior and actions relating to the people who were most implicated and affected by the lunch and subsequent night kill.

This is just a silly gutfeel thing but it just felt like really odd wording to me at the start. Like, ARE you implying Prince is scum? This is hardly a scumslip, but it sure gave me gut pings, like Juch is practically admitting that he's manufacturing this content to imply that Prince is scum.

I got similar problems with Juch's second post but I don't want to get all into more quote minutia when I gotta go back to track down original quotes, it's a pain, I just hope you see the gist of what I'm getting at now and why Juch's casing seems super dodgy to me even though I still independently agree that Prince could be scum, just not for these reasons.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

as someone who actually agrees with the message here and made comments to a similar degree on the matter, i don't like the way this post comes off, distancing itself from the day 1 kerfuffle without(again) directly engaging, and yet still making sure their opinion is in the arena.

these three posts are bothering me, because while putting pressure on lurkers is always a good idea, i don't like how little attention these votes got, especially considering that any of them could have lead to a lurker push at that stage. voting and unvoting twice in a row should be suspicious no matter the context.

this sudden switch, given that this post and the previous had no posts inbetween, reads to me as scum trying to find the right bandwagon to jump on

right after that, is this, which could just be inexperienced town but reads more to me like scum trying to use that image to clear themselves of suspicion on a bad vote

you can't just throw votes around and claim you're trying to just get people to engage, especially considering that this is the pressure that caused quid to claim and die that night.

I think this is a fake case. Prince comes off to me like enthusiastic newbie actively participating in trying to hunt for scum. Prince apparently comes off to Juch like a scum mastermind who had a master plan for every move that he made?

This doesn't seem like an organic opinion that formed through the course of the game, it looks like scum Juch needed to case someone so he opened up their post history and tried to come up with as much "scum does ___" explanations to justify it. I don't buy it.

##vote Juchero

Would still vote Rex but I want to hear from him first.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like we used a different approach to arrive at a similar conclusion, nice.

Bifauxnen posted:

hey, I was about to reply to this, but then realized all this Quid stuff was just getting nuts and it should REALLY be discussed outside the game instead. So I wrote up a big thing and saved it for later, remind me to PM it to you after one of us is dead ok?

I dunno, I'm not really the having-conversations-with-my-friends-about-feelings-and-stuff type. :j:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hi, Juchero. I'm going to go through your last two posts to try and explain where you've misrepresented me.

Juchero posted:

I'm confused as to why you think me "tying you to Quid" for your odd interactions on day 1 is a "problem." You voted for him with nothing to go on, then immediately backed off after getting blowback and later he did the same. It was weird and a source of much of Day 1's drama. Still is.

I never voted for Quidthulhu. Please don't forget that.

Juchero posted:

^^^ Here you say, "I agree with what you said, but I still think it's scummy that you said it in the first place." A bizarre line of thinking.

Juchero posted:

^^^ Duly noted! Trying to get a vote started on anyone but the vote leader Quidthulhu counts as suspicious. Who knew?

Juchero posted:

i don't like this reliance on lumpenlisting for reads

Sorry, it's day 1/2 and I'm an inexperienced player that doesn't know how to articulate his cases too well. Lumpenlists are what you're going to get from me at that point.

Juchero posted:

bad vote. real bad vote, especially considering the outcome, but...

And where, pray tell, was your vote yesterday? I voted for Tired Moritz because it was either that or a no-lunch. I regretted it and tried to take my vote off him, then everybody yelled at me to put it back.

Juchero posted:

You're reading scummy for this, when in reality what you're reading from me when I unvoted from Tired Moritz is 'conflicted town.' I believed Tired Moritz when he said he had a powerful town role and I wanted to move our last-minute votes onto someone else. The fact that Tired Moritz flipped town just makes me more certain that I was doing the right thing.

Juchero posted:

I wanted Quidthulhu to make a case for Tobbs Gnawed in the last minute so that we didn't lunch Tired Moritz or Quidthulhu after their role reveals, but there simply wasn't any time. How is that not a town mindset? Where were you during all that craziness, anyway???

Juchero posted:

this following right after speaks of a total lack of internal consistency, especially since they voted both of them in their little end of day confusion. it also reads as trying to figure out essential town role information, with a little bit of "oh i'm so confused" thrown in

I still am confused. Aren't you confused? Why wasn't anyone protecting Quidthulhu, if given the option? This is something worth finding out, as town. Your line of questioning here makes my question your alignment.

Juchero posted:

more and more, these posts are reading as insincere to me, especially the "oh no i feel the WORST about those two tragic town deaths for real" implication

The implication I made is there completely there in the context of where my quote came from. KhediveRex was acting blithely oblivious to the fact that two townies had just died. I DO feel bad about our votes Day 1 - don't you? Oh wait, no, you weren't participating Day 1, how could you possibly feel bad about the results? Instead you just throw suspicion on those that try to get others in the game.

Juchero posted:

overall, honestly, if you are worried about someone coasting through, maybe you should look at the person with almost no real casing, the majority of their posts being reactionary and bandwagony, without any real commitment to their choice of votes.

^^^ This, I'm afraid, comes off as 100% projection. You are the one who has been coasting, Juchero. Your only case thus far has been on me and my indecisive Day 1 voting habits, and it's been a weak one at the very best. I shall commit to my votes as best I can for as long as I believe them meritable.

That's why I'm going to:

##vote Juchero

You may be commonly misdunked Day 1, but it's Day 2 now and I have no reason to believe you are acting in town's interests.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I was still working on my Chic case/reading through their history but I wanted to jump back to the front for this:

Prince of Space posted:

The implication I made is there completely there in the context of where my quote came from. KhediveRex was acting blithely oblivious to the fact that two townies had just died. I DO feel bad about our votes Day 1 - don't you? Oh wait, no, you weren't participating Day 1, how could you possibly feel bad about the results? Instead you just throw suspicion on those that try to get others in the game.

I want to highlight this thing Prince just said because this, among anything else is solid evidence for what I've been reading along with everything else as a weirdly fake case. Juchero -didn't- have a vote on anyone at deadline, their one vote was the early thing surrounding Quid, then unvoting, and then we get

Juchero posted:

won't be around for deadline, D&D night

still have no idea who is scum

That reads to me like someone who was coasting and looking for the Day 1 mis-dunk, and then using what happened there to build fake cases.

##vote Juchero

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Regarding Rex's 'scumslip', I think it was a scumslip but based on Rex's other posts have a hard time thinking of him as actual scum. Either scum can't communicate with each other in the usual way in this game (which I think is extremely unlikely), or Rex is some anti-town 3p and flailing a bit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

Regarding Rex's 'scumslip', I think it was a scumslip but based on Rex's other posts have a hard time thinking of him as actual scum. Either scum can't communicate with each other in the usual way in this game (which I think is extremely unlikely), or Rex is some anti-town 3p and flailing a bit.

If that were the case, Rex couldn't know who's town or scum either. I'm not sure it's a slip but it'll be easier to judge after Rex himself shows up to react.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

KhediveRex puts me and MMT on his list of suspicious characters. KhediveRex doesn't see how or why a duel developed between townies.

That's a scumslip, friends.

##vote KhediveRex

Let's talk about the phrase "I don't see how or why a duel developed between townies" in the context of your excuse for last night.

You're current stance about the duel is that Murmur is town, you are town, you chose her cause why not, and the whole thing is playful shenanigans.

My stance about the duel is that your explanation is suspicious. I said specifically I thought that you two were "dueling for reasons that haven't been sufficiently explained". I put both of you in suspicious characters because I'm not making a judgement call about your fight, I'm noting that your fight doesn't make sense the way it's been explained. And that has to benefit one or the other of you. "I don't see how or why a duel developed between townies" is a more than fair refutation of your major talking point ("yeah, we're fighting but we're both good and it's not a big deal.")

I went on to press you further on the notion that town fighting the way you're describing seems illogical in light of the threat of a claimed Cop dying night one. It doesn't seem to me that your reaction (dueling Murmur) was a legitimate response to the threat of that night. I asked you to explain why fighting Murmur was the best thing you could do to save the life of a cop? Instead of engaging on that point at all, you've decided to make a flimsy case against me predicated on the notion that dismissing your alibi of town fighting for no reason somehow meant I knew exactly who town was.

For what it's worth, I would still really like to know. What was the plan there? How were you going to help save our cop last night? If that wasn't your major motivation, I want to know what more pressing issue you saw that I didn't.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that's about what i was expecting

##vote juchero

prodded by scumbuddies to contribute so he made a big post that was just a copy of hal's while also trying way too hard in some areas, in particular focusing on prince's vote switching near deadline which scum would focus on because it's a 'mistake' and 'wrong' but it's not something that actually makes sense no matter what alignment prince is. i dropped 1 pound of food on the floor and am eating it all anyway.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

KhediveRex posted:

Let's talk about the phrase "I don't see how or why a duel developed between townies" in the context of your excuse for last night.

You're current stance about the duel is that Murmur is town, you are town, you chose her cause why not, and the whole thing is playful shenanigans.

My stance about the duel is that your explanation is suspicious. I said specifically I thought that you two were "dueling for reasons that haven't been sufficiently explained". I put both of you in suspicious characters because I'm not making a judgement call about your fight, I'm noting that your fight doesn't make sense the way it's been explained. And that has to benefit one or the other of you. "I don't see how or why a duel developed between townies" is a more than fair refutation of your major talking point ("yeah, we're fighting but we're both good and it's not a big deal.")

I went on to press you further on the notion that town fighting the way you're describing seems illogical in light of the threat of a claimed Cop dying night one. It doesn't seem to me that your reaction (dueling Murmur) was a legitimate response to the threat of that night. I asked you to explain why fighting Murmur was the best thing you could do to save the life of a cop? Instead of engaging on that point at all, you've decided to make a flimsy case against me predicated on the notion that dismissing your alibi of town fighting for no reason somehow meant I knew exactly who town was.

For what it's worth, I would still really like to know. What was the plan there? How were you going to help save our cop last night? If that wasn't your major motivation, I want to know what more pressing issue you saw that I didn't.

wow I don't like this post at all, but I really hate the bold parts. this only reinforces the notion that you scumslipped and got caught.
##vote KhediveRex

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My hope was to target a scummy player and delay an NK. If there were no NK it could implicate my target.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since I've already claimed, the dueling is flavor.

My ability is to delay a player's action resolution by one night.

MMT doesn't have anything to do with it apart from the fact that she was my target.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

No, it's just this general air of amicability that pings me. Like she's being overly friendly/conciliatory even when she's casing, and I'm more used to her (as town) pushing cases with a little more bite to them (whether they are good or bad).

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, I did pick her because she was mostly 7nder the radar. In my experience, players in that position are often chosen to perform the night kill.

KhediveRex posted:

This is, simply, a lie. I've already stated my reasons for choosing her. Notably, KR avoids talking at all about my main point, that he calls us townies while putting us on his scum list.

I've made it abundantly clear that the "duel" is just flavor. KR is not reading.

KR's whole argument is that my choice of MMT as a target was a bad one. How can he know this? Only if he knows who scum are, and therefore knows who I should have targeted. This fits with him posting as if he knows that MMT is town.

More of KR saying that my targeting MMT was a scummy thing to do. His posting comes from a position of knowledge, in that he knows who I should have targeted to keep Quid alive. Based on MMT's posting (very friendly/conciliatory) and the fact that she was flying under everyone's radar, I thought she would be a likely choice for scum to send to do the NK.

My responses in italics. Also, it's pretty scummy that KR has harped on me for the past half-dozen posts without offering up who he thinks I should have targeted. He says MMT was a bad target, and there were obviously better players to target with my action, but he leaves those completely blank.

It's because he's scum, he knows MMT is town, and he knows which of his scumbros I should have targeted.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

wow I don't like this post at all, but I really hate the bold parts. this only reinforces the notion that you scumslipped and got caught.
##vote KhediveRex

Is there something I can clear up? Do you have questions for me? I don't see why this is "not a big deal" for anyone but me. The duel and the death of the cop are the two most serious peices of evidence we have to work with at the moment. Am I missing something?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

Is there something I can clear up? Do you have questions for me? I don't see why this is "not a big deal" for anyone but me. The duel and the death of the cop are the two most serious peices of evidence we have to work with at the moment. Am I missing something?

The only info we get out of my night action (unless you think MMT and I are scum together and planned all this as some kind of insane gambit) is that neither me nor MMT killed Quid.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

rex i seriously have no idea where you are coming from

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

KhediveRex posted:

I don't see why this is "not a big deal" for anyone but me. The duel and the death of the cop are the two most serious peices of evidence we have to work with at the moment. Am I missing something?

Yes. you're missing that its not a big deal.

Rex, you sound a bit hung up on the flavor of "town fighting for no reason". First of all, MT didnt have any say on being involved in this. Tobbs just happens to have an action which is a kind of weird variant of a role blocker. And the only way he could use that ability "to save the cop" is if he hits scum with it. And not just any scum. He'd have to hit the one exact scum who was chosen to do the nightkill. So it's still got good odds of failing even IF Tobbs was magically super on point this game and already figured out flawlessly who all the scums are. But he probably isn't, cause this is real life, and it was N1 at that.

A town shooting into the void will often pick a bad target. This is a thing that frequently happens and is unavoidable. In fact, if TM the strongman vig had lived, you would probably be seeing a much bloodier example today.

But anyway. I still don't think that was a scumslip Tobbs, and here's why: if I quoted something you said that looked super scummy, and then I said "I dont see how town thinks this", am I slipping that I know you're town?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

not onl;y that, but rex is confirmed town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

A town shooting into the void will often pick a bad target.

oh and for the record I actually think MT was a great target. I saw her as scummy too. An ability like that, all you can do is try and shoot it at somebody you think is a scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Rex: 50 was pretty clearly implying that he can protect people - why wouldn't a scum Tobbs target him instead of me?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

KhediveRex posted:

I agree that those two pieces of information are what we have to work with. I just don't think you are being sincere with your loaded questions and assigning blame to Tobbs for quid's death.

Bifauxnen posted:

Rex, you sound a bit hung up on the flavor of "town fighting for no reason". First of all, MT didnt have any say on being involved in this. Tobbs just happens to have an action which is a kind of weird variant of a role blocker. And the only way he could use that ability "to save the cop" is if he hits scum with it. And not just any scum. He'd have to hit the one exact scum who was chosen to do the nightkill. So it's still got good odds of failing even IF Tobbs was magically super on point this game and already figured out flawlessly who all the scums are. But he probably isn't, cause this is real life, and it was N1 at that.

This.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

I still don't think that was a scumslip Tobbs, and here's why: if I quoted something you said that looked super scummy, and then I said "I dont see how town thinks this", am I slipping that I know you're town?

PS, I found it a bit unsettling just how fast MT fell in to vote with you on this as an obvious scumslip, Tobbs. I highly doubt I can really outdo her on the "see where someone else is coming from to clear up possible misunderstandings" front.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think bminus could be scumj for jumping on this and 50, in addition to being bminus

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

PS, I found it a bit unsettling just how fast MT fell in to vote with you on this as an obvious scumslip, Tobbs. I highly doubt I can really outdo her on the "see where someone else is coming from to clear up possible misunderstandings" front.

this 2

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also if "I don't see how a duel developed between two townies" doesn't just further underline how utterly, utterly, UTTERLY new Rex is to Mafia, I don't know what does lmfao

(this is not meant to poke fun at you Rex, just a reflection on what Mafia constantly turns into)

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is, simply, a lie. I've already stated my reasons for choosing her. Notably, KR avoids talking at all about my main point, that he calls us townies while putting us on his scum list.

I did address that point. I called you both townie to emphasizing that this way of thinking didn't make sense to me. Logical progression, one of you is not townie. Not knowing which of you is bad but that one of you probably is, you both go on my suspicious character list.

Also, how is your list of counter points much different from my summary of them? You're arguing that Murmur is town, You're town, picking Murmur was as legitimate as anything else, and that there's almost nothing to read from the fight. Right?

quote:

I've made it abundantly clear that the "duel" is just flavor. KR is not reading.

Man, it's flavor name is Duel. That's the name you and Murmur first used for it. I get that it's not an actual "Duel". What are we disagreeing about right here? Can we not fight about trivialities?

quote:

KR's whole argument is that my choice of MMT as a target was a bad one. How can he know this? Only if he knows who scum are, and therefore knows who I should have targeted. This fits with him posting as if he knows that MMT is town.

More of KR saying that my targeting MMT was a scummy thing to do. His posting comes from a position of knowledge, in that he knows who I should have targeted to keep Quid alive. Based on MMT's posting (very friendly/conciliatory) and the fact that she was flying under everyone's radar, I thought she would be a likely choice for scum to send to do the NK.

My argument is that hitting MMT doesn't seem natural alongside the other pressures of the night. First you made the decision to ignore anyone involved with the D1 vote fiasco. Then you made the decision to ignore the four or five actual lurkers in the thread for whom the argument "they fly under the radar" would have applied much more strongly. It seems to me like you hit the person you were planning to hit from the beginning. That strikes me as off.

I don't in any way think it was "up to you" to save the cop or that there was an obvious best target for your skill. But when it came to it, you targeted someone out in left feild. If you'd hit Chic who lead the vote on TM, we wouldn't be having this discussion. If you'd hit Space for his weird votes just before deadline, I'd be happy as Larry. If you'd hit Bread for being around but not voting, we could be stalwart friends even right now. Hell, you could have hit Sal or Monathin (as earnest as they are) for reluctance to move off Quid once he cop claimed, I'd have disagreed but understood. As it is, I don't understand.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

GulagDolls posted:

not onl;y that, but rex is confirmed town

This is the second time you've said this. Why should I believe you about KhediveRex?

KhediveRex has been saying things that only a Mafia newbie with no one else to mentor him would say. Is there anything else in particular that stands out to you?

GulagDolls posted:

i think bminus could be scumj for jumping on this and 50, in addition to being bminus

B-minus1 also jumped in on voting Tired Moritz first, just before deadline, Day 1. He's a null-tell to me because I have no idea how he plays, other than he's cagey Day 1. Maybe Bifauxnen can shoot him with the lurker gun, if needed? We're down a vigilante and a cop so some carnage might be needed if we want a solid town win.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm having a good sensible chuckle rn because.. well, I can't directly quote from private conversations, but at one point during D1, I actually said to my mason partner something along the lines of: "Hey I don't know if you have an investgative ability, but if you did I think you should use it on MT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't know, it would have been very salient for scum Tobbs to duel 50. The absence of salience is what's bothering me about his move from last night.

But I'm the only one it looks like. If the crowds confident, I'll trust the advice of veterans. But I would not have qualms voting for Tobbs.

• Locked thread