Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Knowlue posted:

And Paulie is a goddamn garbage silver anyways. With dorfs boosting instead of strengthening you can't res a 12 point dorf in r3 anymore so he might as well be deleted.
We'll see. If dwarves is dead Paulie will have trouble seeing play, but if not I disagree, fairly strongly.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
3 points off CN is a big nerf and Paulie is an incredible card that should have been hit hard instead of balancing every other dwarf card around him.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Estraysian posted:

3 points off CN is a big nerf and Paulie is an incredible card that should have been hit hard instead of balancing every other dwarf card around him.

yup, same for ithlinne. why nerf tremors? literally nothing else is playing it except fringe skellige decks.

tbh she should go back to like 4 or 5 points and be a gold spy.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

No Wave posted:

We'll see. If dwarves is dead Paulie will have trouble seeing play, but if not I disagree, fairly strongly.

well he's garbage insofar that he's only utilized for dorfs. The best you could hope for is rezzing the dorf that barclays strengthened previously (unless he boosts now). This means you're getting a 15 silver or so? That's on par if not weaker than most silvers and he's goddamn situational to a specific archetype

paulie still trash

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 31, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

heres a fuckton of new "leaked" gwent card art

some good poo poo in there

when this game disappoints me it's never ever on card art department :allears:

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 31, 2018

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

new toussaint faction on the way?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

seems likely, I remember some CDPR thing they did on China and a nice card art for Anna Henrietta was shown and they said she was gonna be a leader in the future

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 31, 2018

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

frajaq posted:

heres a fuckton of new "leaked" gwent card art

some good poo poo in there

when this game disappoints me it's never ever on card art department :allears:

you missed the best one of them all. the dildo merchant

e: formatting

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So the spy turn delay thing was apparently a localization issue. In reality the change to them is that summoning circle can't create them, and each instance of them can only activate its deploy ability once per game, so decoy doesn't do anything.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 31, 2018

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Don't know if things have changed since then but CDPR has said in the past that Toussaint wouldn't be the new faction, it's part of Nilfgaard.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i feel kinda dumb asking this, but has the stupid mulligan system ever gotten fixed? it still feels like whatever i mulligan R1 i'm gonna get back R2

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

100% seems that way to me, too. People will probably call it a feature at this point, or tell you that you have confirmation bias.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My uderstanding is that mulling silvers/golds/one-ofs should work ok now after their change, but mulling 2-ofs and 3-ofs will still make you disproportionately likely to draw them because you draw around blacklisted cards during the mulligan (insane implementation).

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Captainicus posted:

100% seems that way to me, too. People will probably call it a feature at this point, or tell you that you have confirmation bias.

i'm completely happy if this is confirmation bias, i've played enough online poker to know how convincing (and wrong) gut feeling can be. i'd just like to know if CDPR ever talked about fixing the mulligan system or not.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

My uderstanding is that mulling silvers/golds/one-ofs should work ok now after their change, but mulling 2-ofs and 3-ofs will still make you disproportionately likely to draw them because you draw around blacklisted cards during the mulligan (insane implementation).

that is the dumbest thing. why would they only fix part of the issue instead of implementing a clean easy true mulligan :psyduck:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Iirc they did, but they only resolved some/most of the issue (they used to put cards back into your deck one-by-one as you mulled them rather than putting them all back in at the end of the muligan).

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Now that No Wave mentions it, it is definitely limited to bronze triples, which is often where the problems lie since that is when you get all your items but no mange or all your spells but not tormented mages, etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

botany posted:

that is the dumbest thing. why would they only fix part of the issue instead of implementing a clean easy true mulligan :psyduck:
There's no real "clean" way to do it because blacklisting is a weird mechanic. What they should do is reshuffle blacklisted cards as you draw them during the mull but they decided preserving deck order was more important (a big dumb mistake imo).

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

There's no real "clean" way to do it because blacklisting is a weird mechanic. What they should do is reshuffle blacklisted cards as you draw them during the mull but they decided preserving deck order was more important (a big dumb mistake imo).

that would be functionally the same thing as putting blacklisted cards on a separate stack, doing the mull, then combining the deck and the blacklist stack, and shuffling both. that's what i meant with "clean mulligan".

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think the deck should be shuffled every round/after Francesca. I like effects like nekker warrior. I do think reshuffling blacklisted cards you draw should happen though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 1, 2018

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
ah, i see what you mean. yeah, that's a concern. it's still not super difficult to just shuffle the blacklist stack into the fixed deck though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

botany posted:

ah, i see what you mean. yeah, that's a concern. it's still not super difficult to just shuffle the blacklist stack into the fixed deck though.
Agreed, and they could make the process totally transparent by showing the player when they draw a blacklisted card and showing it go back into the deck. This would remove any potential for unexpected behavior. But they seem really stubborn on this.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So after getting disconnected yet again in a ranked match I might have won I decided to investigate th guy and possibly report him. Turns out his name wasn’t even listed on psn. So does that mean gwent is truly multiplatform? That would suck to have to go up against P.C. players with all the stupid mods.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

MarshyMcFly posted:

So after getting disconnected yet again in a ranked match I might have won I decided to investigate th guy and possibly report him. Turns out his name wasn’t even listed on psn. So does that mean gwent is truly multiplatform? That would suck to have to go up against P.C. players with all the stupid mods.

I would also like to know this.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
As far as I know it's always been cross-platform between PC and Xbox/PS4 but not between the consoles themselves.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Estraysian posted:

As far as I know it's always been cross-platform between PC and Xbox/PS4 but not between the consoles themselves.

Yea it’s stupid because you can’t report P.C. players on PS4. Who knows if they are able to disconnect you during a ranked match to get free wins.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
wait is that a thing? players disconnecting other players?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

botany posted:

i would do anything short of murder to get 6 round wins a day

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

botany posted:

It was possible several patches ago but I'm pretty sure it's not a thing anymore.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Estraysian posted:

So the card trackers provide an advantage to PC players. Great. Now I have a better excuse for losing than being terrible :D

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I want to try this stupid deck but don't have the necessary cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycn0N2EPyXM

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Simone Poodoin posted:

I want to try this stupid deck but don't have the necessary cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycn0N2EPyXM

I did a similar deck and it both is and isn't as fun as you think.

you either draw the most broken combinations possible and your opponent probably has zero fun watching you pull wins out of your rear end or you get nothing good and you lose to even the worst garbage deck

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I think this soldier version is a bit more consistent than the alchemy / revive a slave driver version since at least you have the recruits + standard bearers + slave hunters + whatever soldiers you can nab from doppler.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

If it was full random he'd have medics over the standard bearer.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so dwarves have been OP for how long now? why exactly has this not been fixed by now?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

devs bad

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

There's supposed to be a new balance patch out in a few days that nerfs dwarves hard, although the preliminary indication is that they haven't altered their approach to design and in the future there will still be powerful decks that just fart out uninterruptible value with no counterplay.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I've seen streamers say that dwarfs are nerfed in the test servers, also some are playing with a new NR deck that spams a shitload of revenants and seems like it's going to be the new dwarfs

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

I've seen streamers say that dwarfs are nerfed in the test servers, also some are playing with a new NR deck that spams a shitload of revenants and seems like it's going to be the new dwarfs

Revenants at least have counters: kill or lock them before they create more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It can get pretty ridiculous though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMjzkXzKaL4