Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
austin referring to monster bodies in the ta-nehisi coates way and patrick shrieking in agreement!! this. is. media criticism!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

austin referring to monster bodies in the ta-nehisi coates way and patrick shrieking in agreement!! this. is. media criticism!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

played 50 hours over th weekend. pure gaming ambrosia. if this isnt my personal goty i'll be fuckin shocked

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the only games journos i give a rats rear end about are named mcelroy and both of them just want to hit the monsters with the big weapons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

the only games journos i give a rats rear end about are named mcelroy and both of them just want to hit the monsters with the big weapons

McElroys ftw. I just bought this off SA-Mart, I've only played the demo of 4 before

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Orville posted:

Patrick human being

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I also shed a tear when the camera spins wildly around my hunters crotch before it clips into a mo sters rear end which has itself clipped into a cliffside in iys drath throes

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the burnout series is agitprop for the fossil fuel industry and basically just serves to further climate change denial

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the "boost meter" is a perfect encapsulation for our nation's attitude towards fossil fuels, with every gleeful press of the "a button" igniting a fire that speeds both the player and our planet towards danger

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Now, Shadows of the Colossus. That's a game to feel bad about killing majestic creatures. That game is affecting as hell.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

the burnout series is agitprop for the fossil fuel industry and basically just serves to further climate change denial

absolutely anything posted:

the "boost meter" is a perfect encapsulation for our nation's attitude towards fossil fuels, with every gleeful press of the "a button" igniting a fire that speeds both the player and our planet towards danger

[forcing a smile and trying not to break my controller] Ha ha good jokes everyone. A fffffffun time had by all lol.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

absolutely anything posted:

lmao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the monsters in monster hunter are jungian manifestations of the players own psyche. the radobaan is a giant horned creature that rolls around in its own filth - encapsulating the sad, pathetic, forever filthy and tragically horny 20-something gamer. the pukei pukei spits poison and flies away, like the proverbial "gater" of the gamer gate affair: all to happy to post poisonous online diatribes only to then disappear while everyone else cleans up the mess. the paolumu is some kind of hosed up bat.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

looking forward to the werner herzog dlc

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
fighting a rathalos and rathian at thr same time didnt work out amazing for me but the feeling of running up and doing huge golf swings at both of their heads at the same time was nothing short of religious

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

cover one of them in poo poo with a poop pellet to make one run away so you can focus on one, instead of two idiots doing spinny tail and chargy charge at the same time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*sobbing w/little clear booger under nostril like a 3 yr old* And then the monsters DIE! :cry:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

The monsters like being beat up and killed.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

What is everyone using for weapons? I thought I was going to main horn this time, but wound up really enjoying the charge blade. Having the practice room with all the combos is clutch.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
horn for groups and great sword solo. haven’t found a horn with good songs outside the bone or metal lines yet. got a deece gs armor set but need to find some good stun and evade stuff for the horn.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I remember 4 having a horn with healing songs. I haven’t found one yet in world, but I haven’t seen the expanded trees at high rank.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
majority of time i've been using the hammer, but im messing around with the charge blade, lance, and greatsword on the side. i'll get some time with the long sword soon

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kick rear end with the long sword solo or with others

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I remember 4 having a horn with healing songs. I haven’t found one yet in world, but I haven’t seen the expanded trees at high rank.

healing songs are fail. def/atk up L and wind/hearing protection all u need.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Squeezy Farm posted:

healing songs are fail. def/atk up L and wind/hearing protection all u need.

I’ll buy that. What’s the best horn you’ve used so far? I’m at work atm, so i can’t recall the name, but my current horn looks like a beetle and makes weird bug noises when I toot it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of playing gay songs for th elove of god please hit the monster over the head with the giant bagpipe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like sword and shield most becasue i love being not able to attack when the monster goes into the air for 20 minutes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

instead of playing gay songs for th elove of god please hit the monster over the head with the giant bagpipe

Playing the songs are a great way to cap off a combo. Feels like there are a small handful of iframes in there too.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

well, mostly just the healing ones. the ones that buff attack and def or give hearing and wind res are actually good but idk how rare those are since i've never used them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im still working out what ammo works best and it seems like diff hit locations have diff effects, but unloading the slinger on flying and fleeing monsters is real effective

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I’ll buy that. What’s the best horn you’ve used so far? I’m at work atm, so i can’t recall the name, but my current horn looks like a beetle and makes weird bug noises when I toot it.

the 2nd or 3rd to last one in the bone tree has blue sharpness and attack up L.

and lyle is right always hit the monster in the head or legs with your notes and rehearsals. get evade+ skills and get up in that rear end larry

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lance is basically easy mode

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

im still working out what ammo works best and it seems like diff hit locations have diff effects, but unloading the slinger on flying and fleeing monsters is real effective

I tooled around with the heavy bowgun for the first time in my hunting career and it seems like a really viable weapon now that everyone has a right stick to aim with.

Sticky seemed to be the most consistent damage for me, while the wyvern ammo is great for downed/trapped dudes.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
wow the sword & shield is super fun to use. backstep into a badass leaping stab into an aerial move..so sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
also the shield bash makes such a good punching sound

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th new stake move from gunlance is so fuckin good, maybe the coolest attack in the game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

th new stake move from gunlance is so fuckin good, maybe the coolest attack in the game

haha the day i successfully land that and the blue laser move back to back, its gonna be heaven. the switch axe elemental discharge move is outrageous, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think after I kill nergi I'm gonna treat myself to a nice new Gunlance.