Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Where can I read some good freakouts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Spatial posted:

it's the altcoins that drive that unfortunately

or are they so linked that bitcoin crashing would crash everything? maybe

yeah, altcoins are basically priced in BTC

so crash BTC and gamers can have their rightful toys again

i have been explaining to gamers that "crypto nerds make us regular nerds look suave and charming by comparison"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Where can I read some good freakouts?

Why would anyone freak out at such an amazing opportunity to buy the dip? If you want to see some denial check the replies to bitfinexed's twitter feed.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
i'm glad i took moxxis' genius financial advice and mortgaged my home to buy at the floor of 10k. I stand to gain like 10% when they print a few hundred million on my favourite exchange. Totally worth going bald watching a bunch of red and green flashing from my monitor 24/7

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
BTC isn't crashing, the USD is rising because of confidence in the Trump economy.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

They actually sent the subpoenas two months ago and they were still printing tether, so it doesn't matter.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

divabot posted:

yeah, altcoins are basically priced in BTC

so crash BTC and gamers can have their rightful toys again

i have been explaining to gamers that "crypto nerds make us regular nerds look suave and charming by comparison"

Crypto nerds and bitcoiners have very little overlap. "Crypto nerds" I would define as smart people passionate about cryptology.

Bitcoiners are not nerds they're just gamblers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Moxxis Endowment posted:

:toxx: bitcoin will not go below 9900 today for more than 1 hour

I don't think this is going great for you

its under $9700 at the moment

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

30 minutes left and Moxxis/Seraph84's long gets called. Shouldn't have bet on btc.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

divabot posted:

if actual crypto nerds were athletes, crypto currency enthusiasts would be the obese fan with a foam finger and face paint

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Spatial posted:

it's the altcoins that drive that unfortunately

or are they so linked that bitcoin crashing would crash everything? maybe
One or two of the altcoins implement actual useful tech, but the price is linked to BTC still for no real reason. The reason is probably that it's an insane speculation-based bubble and BTC came first/is The One True Coin even though it doesn't do anything particularly useful.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 31, 2018

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
We gonna see it hit 9600?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
The CryptoWorldNews guy said "oh nice a thousand coin buy wall". Are these motherfuckers really that clueless about something they put so much time and money into?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Well if that article earlier is right we are going to see it hit $1000 when Tether comes crashing down.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Up up UP!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Uranium is making more money than we've ever seeing our lives RIDIN THE BUMP BRO

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Taima posted:

Uranium is making more money than we've ever seeing our lives RIDIN THE BUMP BRO

no matter what uranium always makes money, he is an expert trader immune to all folly of human decision making. A perfect specimen, a trader among men.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Moxxis was almost saved by the btc gods. 12 minutes to go.

Edit:

Moxxis Endowment posted:

It's been an hour.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 31, 2018

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Communist Q posted:

Moxxis was almost saved by the btc gods. 12 minutes to go.

Edit:

It's been an hour.

Wasn't Moxxis already a permabanned poster to begin with?

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah, I just wanted to call their toxx since it's p sweet for it to drop right after they get outed for all that.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Communist Q posted:

Yeah, I just wanted to call their toxx since it's p sweet for it to drop right after they get outed for all that.

Double-banned uuuultra-kill.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

yeah, bitcoin could magically jump back up to 20k, and they'd still be fukken banned

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Don't forget Seraph84 is a sex offender that was caught selling all of their cryptocurrency on reddit a couple years ago because they had to pay rent.

Also he is on FB under Seraph84. Spotted him being really angry that WoTC were requiring all game shops that supply their products to have "Working With Children" checks for tournament organizers. Vanished realllllll quick when I called him out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Moxxis Endowment posted:

According to my timer you have lost and I think you lost your 32(?) account.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Raged posted:

Also he is on FB under Seraph84. Spotted him being really angry that WoTC were requiring all game shops that supply their products to have "Working With Children" checks for tournament organizers. Vanished realllllll quick when I called him out.

This is all baseless slander though.

The "What even is age of consent? We have fertile eggs at birth! And define this term "minor" to me." guy is mad that gameshops do sex offender checks which is perfectly normal and not indicative of anything at all.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The BTC thread eats another.

Soon it will ban us all

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Raged posted:

:eyepop:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Don't know why that guy is freaking out, you can't grab a bitcoin, they don't really exist.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
https://powhcoin.com/index.html

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my biggest locker room fear right here

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Raged posted:

Do you keep track of this guy as a hobby?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, Id be freaked out if that dudes dick went up and down as fast as Bitcoin too

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

There Bias Two posted:

Do you keep track of this guy as a hobby?

might be more of a public service at this point

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

akadajet posted:

my biggest locker room fear right here

My ripped gay bros trick totally straight me with this one all the time.

You would think after the first few times they are like "look away and feel what's under my towel" I would catch on.

But no.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

my technical analysis tells me bitcoin will hit 7k then hit 33k then hit 23k then hit 48k

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

My poop-touching friend to the Facebook crypto group he started posted:

I am very glad that the Tether scam is being outed now before it grew into a monster. Bitconnect's Market cap before imploding was $2.9B, Tether is around $2.4B. BTC will take a hit, but it should be easily recoverable.

If you have been waiting for a dip to buy into Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, or Litecoin, these next few days could be your chance.

You know, like rats getting onto a sinking ship.

Edit: This friend is also apt to say that "the biggest wealth transfer in history is about to happen,".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Edit: This friend is also apt to say that "the biggest wealth transfer in history is about to happen,".

lol not close