Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Your friend seems to be retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Your friend seems to be retarded.

He has very nice Magic cards.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

ghosTTy posted:

my technical analysis tells me bitcoin will hit 7k then hit 33k then hit 23k then hit 48k

so when exactly should I buy? i'm not too good with math

also what happens after 48k

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Taima posted:

Uranium is making more money than we've ever seeing our lives RIDIN THE BUMP BRO
3.74% today

Rock Puncher posted:

no matter what uranium always makes money, he is an expert trader immune to all folly of human decision making. A perfect specimen, a trader among men.
hah i wish.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Has anyone compared bitcoins to beanie babies yet?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

zaurg posted:

also what happens after 48k

Neukoln19 posted:

Has anyone compared bitcoins to beanie babies yet?
I did it on reddit. Lots of cryptokiddies are flooding subs and giving out "invest in crypto" advice. The amount of direct messages I got over the comments was insane.

It's honestly more like tulip bulbs, but calling it beanie babies is definitely more insulting.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 31, 2018

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Because if that hasn't been done yet, then check this out

bitcoins are like beanie babies

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Ok. I need everyone in this thread to be a little more clear because I just got confused and bought $1000 in uranium futures.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Ok. I need everyone in this thread to be a little more clear because I just got confused and bought $1000 in uranium futures.

good news; you're up 3.74% today.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Salt Fish posted:

should have sold Uranus

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Salt Fish posted:

liquidate and invest in that one guys rear end

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Giga Gaia posted:

liquidate and invest in that one guys rear end

you're gonna need a sales funnel

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TVsVeryOwn posted:

you're gonna need a sales funnel
everybody needs a funnel

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

zaurg posted:

good news; you're up 3.74% today.

Well let's not pretend like this is some huge mystery why uranium is always net positive.

When it goes down, he makes BUKU CASH.

When it goes up? he makes BUKU CASH.

Why is this so hard to understand? It's a solid trading strategy, and it's coincidentally why day trading is the most respected and successful financial move. QED.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Lol at thinking injected capital is comparable to market cap.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
1 USDT = 1 MONTH OF PRISON

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Market Cap is one of the biggest talking points that coinholders use but it never made sense to me.

They want to judge the value of coins based on how many of them there are. So therefore one coin is a poo poo coin because there are 100 billion of them and if they hit a dollar the market cap would be 100 billion dollars. However this coin only has 10 billion coins. Therefore it would hit 10 dollars per coin to have the same market cap.

They also use it to prove the worth of cryptocurrency itself. Take the value of every cryptocurrency and multiply it by the maximum amount there can be of each coin = like 500 billion dollars or whatever. Therefore cryptos are moving on being a trillion dollar market when there might actually be around 200 million actual dollars in the market.

It's a pretty easy concept to grasp that there isn't actually that much money in the market and that these things actually aren't worth (Maximum Amount of them) x (Current Price of them) Yet almost everything anyone buying cryptocurrencies talks about is market cap market cap market cap market cap market cap.

If you tried to sell a million or two of some of these coins you would make them worthless and possibly lower the market cap by tens or hundreds of millions while you might only actually make hundreds of thousands.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
i dont wanna blow ur mind but here goes... bitcoiners are ... dumb

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OK look you have number, right?

Number can either go UP or go DOWN. 50/50. Why you want to make it go down? Make number go UP!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
They should just create a new token to trade 1:1 with USDT. They could call it USDT Token, or USDTT.

Then, down the line when that one gets scrutinised, they can create USDTTT, and so on. What could go wrong

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

they could just create different types for whatever asset classes you want

Tether GOLD is backed by gold, Tether SILVER is backed by silver, Tether BUTT FUMES is backed by farts held in gas cylinders

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
my new coin is going to be called betcoin - each betcoin is backed with x1 real bitcoin I hold in a wallet which I could totally audit but am just not going to.

For a limited time I'll be selling betcoins for just 90% of the going bitcoin price (accepting USD only). BUY NOW

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love the comment section at Coindesk.

quote:

HOLD

DOW, NASDAQ and S&P500 are on their worst day since August with a major crash two days in a row and they are panicking.

When the stock market bubble finally pops it's a matter of days until they start running back to Crypto for safety.

If they didn't wrecked Crypto reputation so much they would already be here.

Why hasn't the Tether printer sprung into action yet?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
RUNNING BACK TO CRYPTO FOR SAFETY

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

AAA cryptos, safer than government bonds

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Trig Discipline posted:

RUNNING BACK TO CRYPTO FOR SAFETY

*hears shouting in the street*

wow, getting kind of rowdy out there. time to sell my house and move to kabul

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
so what is Tether really

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
imagine four cryptocurrencies on the edge of a cliff

tether works the same way

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

jay z's sedan posted:

so what is Tether really

Take a piece of paper (toilet paper suffices) and write "1 USD" on it

Tether works the same way

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

jay z's sedan posted:

so what is Tether really

its a mindset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
the value of Bitcoin is a statistically significant influence on the economy of South Korea. I find it amazing that a virtual currency with no real monetary value is having so much impact

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

TVsVeryOwn posted:

You know, like rats getting onto a sinking ship.

Edit: This friend is also apt to say that "the biggest wealth transfer in history is about to happen,".

I had a conversation about bitcoin with a friend of mine who is deep into a bad case of crypto fever, and we went around in a circle for an hour. First I explained Tether printing and he didn't believe it was real. Then I showed him it was real, but he didn't believe it was backed by nothing. Then I convinced him it was fake money, and he didn't believe it would affect the price. Then I explained how making up your own fake money and putting it into circulation just maybe might be bad and cause price inflation, and he leveled up to the ultimate, actually this is good for bitcoin because

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

A3th3r posted:

the value of Bitcoin is a statistically significant influence on the economy of South Korea. I find it amazing that a virtual currency with no real monetary value is having so much impact

I live in Korea and during an end of semester speaking exam, this nice old lady who had worked really hard all year used her allocated time to tell me about her bitcoin investments.

I know other people who bought in when it was high and lost money. Social security isn't good here. You often see old people out collecting cans and bottles on the streets. People are going to die because of this.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
wow Seraph is STILL making accounts?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Spermanent Record posted:

I live in Korea and during an end of semester speaking exam, this nice old lady who had worked really hard all year used her allocated time to tell me about her bitcoin investments.

I know other people who bought in when it was high and lost money. Social security isn't good here. You often see old people out collecting cans and bottles on the streets. People are going to die because of this.

Look, we all face evolutionary pressures from time to time, bitcoin really is no different. If you have a genetic predisposition to touching the poop, then you deserve to get poo poo on.

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

WalletBeef posted:

Look, we all face evolutionary pressures from time to time, bitcoin really is no different. If you have a genetic predisposition to touching the poop, then you deserve to get poo poo on.

Crypto is simply a means of transferring money from the retarded to the slightly less retarded. Quite Darwinian if you think about it

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

WalletBeef posted:

im not a Bitcoin millionaire due to superior genes :smug: :biotruths:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rad Russian posted:

I wonder how many of these morons are actually "transacting in a decentralized manner" and buying normal goods/paying each other for stuff with their coins? They're just investing everything and HODLing to become rich while promoting the scam to get more suckers in. No one is actually using anything crypto outside of drugs and malware currently, so what is government intervention going to stop for them? Besides regulate the pyramid schemes.

They can create barriers to entry and cut off the supply of suckers, leaving the hodlrs masterbating in a pile of piss as usual but without the audience.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

QuarkJets posted:

Tether BUTT FUMES is backed by farts held in gas cylinders
Brb writing a white paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Khorne posted:

I did it on reddit. Lots of cryptokiddies are flooding subs and giving out "invest in crypto" advice. The amount of direct messages I got over the comments was insane.

It's honestly more like tulip bulbs, but calling it beanie babies is definitely more insulting.

I like to imagine bitcoins as pog slammers.