Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

The main reason Kirei is so evil is because he's such a rabid pro-lifer hahaha

I completely forgot about this lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

I completely forgot about this lmao

Every sperm embodiment of all the evil in the world is sacred

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I'm getting really impatient now to see what N2 and D3 will bring, and no longer fear the quickhammer so:

##vote Juchero

that's back to -2

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

i see what you're getting at

but it's dumb and I disagree

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Juchero posted:

but it's dumb and I disagree

explain to me how a power that reflects non-kill abilities is in any way good to conceal as town?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Monathin posted:

explain to me how a power that reflects non-kill abilities is in any way good to conceal as town?

because the only way it's gonna be helpful is if scum target me with things

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Juchero posted:

because the only way it's gonna be helpful is if scum target me with things

let me make sure i understand. your power is passive and reflects any nonlethal abilities, but you're still vulnerable to a scum night kill. if thats true, then it seems like it's more detrimental to town abilities than scum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

b-minus1 posted:

let me make sure i understand. your power is passive and reflects any nonlethal abilities, but you're still vulnerable to a scum night kill. if thats true, then it seems like it's more detrimental to town abilities than scum

i'm having trouble seeing where my ability hurts town, like what action used on me would be bad for town if it was reflected?

scum on the other hand would end up wasting night actions on me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

i'm having trouble seeing where my ability hurts town, like what action used on me would be bad for town if it was reflected?

scum on the other hand would end up wasting night actions on me.

Town cop: gets a town reading off themselves instead. Harmless if you're town too, but the advantages for scum to have your role here are clear.
Town doc: ends up protecting themselves instead of you. Sucks for you if you actually were enough of a target that the doc thought you were worth protecting. Seems kinda pointless unless the doc used it on purpose to protect themselves.
Town watcher: Ends up watching themselves instead of you. Ends up with misleading data unless they know what's going on.
Town tracker: Ends up tracking themselves instead of you, and seeing themselves targeting you. They now believe you to be targeting yourself? Guess that's not too misleading for a passive ability, but again, the advantages for a scum to have this role are clear.

Scum rolecop: sees their own role instead, figures they got redirected. Wastes their time. OK I guess.
Scum roleblocker: blocks themselves instead, wastes the exact same amount of time if you'd been vanilla though. No real huge benefit imo

That's all the quick basics. So overall, seems like you don't really do much special to waste scum time except possibly making them think they hadn't properly rolecopped you, which is a small improvement from them wasting their time by successfully finding out you're vanilla. As for harming town, it's nothing too major, but it could possibly waste a doc's time or confuse a town watcher.

A scum with your role, however, would get LOTS of benefit from it. It'd be like a godfather ninja combo.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

Town cop: gets a town reading off themselves instead. Harmless if you're town too, but the advantages for scum to have your role here are clear.
Town doc: ends up protecting themselves instead of you. Sucks for you if you actually were enough of a target that the doc thought you were worth protecting. Seems kinda pointless unless the doc used it on purpose to protect themselves.
Town watcher: Ends up watching themselves instead of you. Ends up with misleading data unless they know what's going on.
Town tracker: Ends up tracking themselves instead of you, and seeing themselves targeting you. They now believe you to be targeting yourself? Guess that's not too misleading for a passive ability, but again, the advantages for a scum to have this role are clear.

Scum rolecop: sees their own role instead, figures they got redirected. Wastes their time. OK I guess.
Scum roleblocker: blocks themselves instead, wastes the exact same amount of time if you'd been vanilla though. No real huge benefit imo

That's all the quick basics. So overall, seems like you don't really do much special to waste scum time except possibly making them think they hadn't properly rolecopped you, which is a small improvement from them wasting their time by successfully finding out you're vanilla. As for harming town, it's nothing too major, but it could possibly waste a doc's time or confuse a town watcher.

A scum with your role, however, would get LOTS of benefit from it. It'd be like a godfather ninja combo.

it would, so think, do you really think i'd have that ability as scum, knowing so far what we know about the setup

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

it would, so think, do you really think i'd have that ability as scum, knowing so far what we know about the setup

knowing what about the setup? All I know for sure is it has some masonries and it's role madness. So why not?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

knowing what about the setup? All I know for sure is it has some masonries and it's role madness. So why not?

having seen the roles given to town, especially saber's anti-cop, do you really not believe a passive power like mine can belong to town?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

having seen the roles given to town, especially saber's anti-cop, do you really not believe a passive power like mine can belong to town?

well it's not like Saber was JUST an anti-cop :v: Strongman Vig is a pretty decent role that actually does poo poo

If you're town though, your role is basically:

Benefits: MAYBE confuse a scum rolecop, and maybe let a doc who can't protect themselves turn bulletproof, once you've already claimed so they know about your power
Costs: mess up doctors otherwise and also gently caress up watcher results

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sorry I haven't been very active today. Going back and doing some reading now. I'll post more tomorrow.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

well it's not like Saber was JUST an anti-cop :v: Strongman Vig is a pretty decent role that actually does poo poo

If you're town though, your role is basically:

Benefits: MAYBE confuse a scum rolecop, and maybe let a doc who can't protect themselves turn bulletproof, once you've already claimed so they know about your power
Costs: mess up doctors otherwise and also gently caress up watcher results

the thing is, i don't disagree, it's not a great role for town

unfortunately, it is in fact the role i got, as a town player

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

*yawn* early morning all, what the gently caress how are there NO new posts since I got home in the evening and since I went to sleep

But I see some people lurking around in the game room again, the same ones I saw lurking around earlier when I was last posting...

50lbs
50lbs
50lbs

B-
B-
B-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol I'm in two mafia games right now. definitely not lurking

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

lol I'm in two mafia games right now. definitely not lurking

oh yeah I forgot about that

don't know what 50's excuse is tho

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Juchero posted:

i'm gonna die anyway, so my ability causes all nonlethal powers used on me to reflect back on their user, without alerting them of that fact

Gah that's really close to the role I had in FF6 that no one believed I had, which is admittedly messing with my head a bit :eng99: Granted for me the redirect was to a random target instead of the user of the ability but I didn't claim it when I had it either.

Juch: are you alerted to how many people targetted you that got redirected?

Juchero posted:

i'm willing to flavor claim at -2

i do not want to out my Mason buddy however

Did you claim your ability to your mason partner? Why or why not?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

if I do die, please look at Prince and Rex as scum kthx

Why Rex? Is it still the scumslip or is there more to it than that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

*yawn* early morning all, what the gently caress how are there NO new posts since I got home in the evening and since I went to sleep

But I see some people lurking around in the game room again, the same ones I saw lurking around earlier when I was last posting...

50lbs
50lbs
50lbs

B-
B-
B-

I'm wondering if we might be barking up the wrong tree with Juchero and scum is just being quiet in order to not change suspicion anywhere. (To clarify: If Juchero is town scum have no reason to post right now because as things are going we are going to cuddle another townie. Is it possible that Juchero is town or does that just seem so unlikely at this point?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

BERZERKER TELL LITTLE GIRL CONFIRM PURE HEART

LITTLE GIRL NO NEED SAY POWER BUT DID

BERZERKER TRY MAKE BAD ONES THINK BERZERKER CAN PROTECT SO BAD ONES GET BERZERKER INSTEAD

BERZERKER POWERFUL BUT LITTLE GIRL MORE IMPORTANT

---

BERZERKER MESSAGE FROM GODS TELL BERZERKER LITTLE GIRL PURE HEART

THINK LITTLE GIRL MAYBE GET SAME ABOUT BERZERKER BERZERKER NOT SURE

BERZERKER MAKE LITTLE GIRL PURE HEART KNOWN

BERZERKER NO TALK SECRETS TO LITTLE GIRL

It's funny, I had a town read on 50 when he posted these but on a re-read I can see how

(a) his story "I claimed doctor to draw a NK from the cop but alas the cop died" could be easily faked as scum
(b) his story "Quid and I were confirmed to each other" is both incredibly self-serving and doesn't mesh well with 50 not doing anything to defend Quid in-thread
(c) his in-game persona has allowed him to not make cases - his casework is just "look at who was voting for TM/Quid"
(d) his in-game persona has allowed him to fly under the radar - the hardest part of being scum is lying, and 50's style has stopped him from really taking a hard stance on anything.

50 - who are your two strongest suspects for scum?

##vote 50 - we still have time to talk about stuff. I have to admit that Juch is starting to feel like a patsy case to me, given that no one is really pushing any alternatives.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

this gameday is really dragging on

##vote Juchero

still intending to look at tobbs

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Murmur Twin posted:

Gah that's really close to the role I had in FF6 that no one believed I had, which is admittedly messing with my head a bit :eng99: Granted for me the redirect was to a random target instead of the user of the ability but I didn't claim it when I had it either.

Juch: are you alerted to how many people targetted you that got redirected?

Did you claim your ability to your mason partner? Why or why not?

not sure if i get alerted, and i doubt i'll get a chance to find out

i did claim my ability to my partner, but mostly because i'm about to die anyway

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Murmur Twin posted:

Why Rex? Is it still the scumslip or is there more to it than that?

notice that both rex and prince loving vanished once the case on me became a foregone conclusion

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

notice that both rex and prince loving vanished once the case on me became a foregone conclusion

To be fair it seems like that could be said for most of the thread.

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Juchero

So just to be clear - does literally no one think Juchero is town? Because that's a giant red flag to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Juchero

I suppose I can return the favor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Juchero posted:

Ya the timing is definitely suspect. ##vote Prince for now. Lets see if that gets him to come back to the thread and engage!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

well... to be fair that was freaking everybody, really.

50 and B- and Sal were the ones I saw all lurkering around earlier, though. Sal at least stepped in to say he'd post more later and then disappeared from the game room while B- and 50 continued to hang around. B- does have the excuse of playing in another mafia game, though. 50 has just been lurkin and lurkin and lurkin.

But I'm not sure if I want to bail out on voting Juchero 2 days in a row.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Juchero

this is a bad vote. you put juchero at -1 when we still have plenty of time to discuss.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

well... to be fair that was freaking everybody, really.

50 and B- and Sal were the ones I saw all lurkering around earlier, though. Sal at least stepped in to say he'd post more later and then disappeared from the game room while B- and 50 continued to hang around. B- does have the excuse of playing in another mafia game, though. 50 has just been lurkin and lurkin and lurkin.

But I'm not sure if I want to bail out on voting Juchero 2 days in a row.

I thought yesterday was going to be super chill, but then my podcast partner had to have emergency gallbladder surgery which threw my day into total disarray and then my wife came home early because she was sick so I had to take her to the hospital and then I fell asleep super early which is really unlike me!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Juchero

Also I really don't like this post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I thought yesterday was going to be super chill, but then my podcast partner had to have emergency gallbladder surgery which threw my day into total disarray and then my wife came home early because she was sick so I had to take her to the hospital and then I fell asleep super early which is really unlike me!

oh, you have a podcast? What's it about?

meh guess I can unvote for now

##unvote

but I'm still uneasy about Juch's casing sounding very dodgy and his claim sounding false.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Assassin, Kojirou.

And it's not a block, it's a delay. Her action will still go off, it just won't resolve until N2. I'd expect scum to keep the fact they have an action hidden. Now if she gets heat she can't claim to have done nothing, and will have to explain who and why.

Juchero posted:

I was pondering the idea of someone volunteering to target Juch if we execute someone else and something popped into my head. What happens if Tobbs uses his power on Juch - would that trap Tobbs in a loop where he keeps targetting himself with his delay before he can target a new one the next night?

I'm trying to figure out if N20 would put that in this game / if that situation is proof that Juch is lying and so I figured I'd put it out there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Murmur Twin posted:

I was pondering the idea of someone volunteering to target Juch if we execute someone else and something popped into my head. What happens if Tobbs uses his power on Juch - would that trap Tobbs in a loop where he keeps targetting himself with his delay before he can target a new one the next night?

I'm trying to figure out if N20 would put that in this game / if that situation is proof that Juch is lying and so I figured I'd put it out there.

That's another good point.

Murmur Twin posted:

To be fair it seems like that could be said for most of the thread.

So just to be clear - does literally no one think Juchero is town? Because that's a giant red flag to me.

Juchero has some scummy behavior, a bad case that reads as fabricated, and their ability claim doesn't match up with what I know of flavor (which, while not comprehensive, is still a lot). Adding in your point about how it could theoretically conflict really badly with some other abilities - notably Tobbs', seems like icing on the cake of a really weird ability.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

oh wow that's hilarious

If Tobbs' delay targets himself... if it succeeds, it's already worked and hasn't delayed anything. If it fails, then everything's over and done with. It seems to be a paradox that should only end in failure. I'd hope that Nat would make it so you can't have a duel with yourself, so the action fails because the target is now invalid. If he hadn't thought of that interaction before, that's hopefully what he'd rule now.

As for whether that makes Juchero's claim more likely fake... nah, probably not. If Nat was going to put such a weird and unhelpful passive role into the game in the first place, I don't think the existence of the dueling power would make it any less likely.

But it still doesn't sound like it matches up with Gae Bolg at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm willing to hang around and discuss other options if people want but that claim is seriously, seriously bad.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

this is a bad vote. you put juchero at -1 when we still have plenty of time to discuss.

i put them at -2

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Chic Trombone posted:

How are people feeling about Tired Mortiz? i have a scummy gutread on them

Chic Trombone posted:

gently caress it i'll try for it ##vote tired mortiz

Chic Trombone posted:

can confirm about the masonry but it's an unconfirmed masonry and they haven't done much there either, even when i've seen them on when i ask them stuff they're slow to respond

it's part of why i have a scumread on them atm

Scum, knowing that Quid was town, would want a second town player up for lynch in case Quid claimed (which he did). Chic's case on TM was that it was a gutread due to him not talking enough in mason chat.

Chic Trombone posted:

i'm very solid in my belief that yesterday's scuffle between bif and quid was a town scuffle

gonna take a second glance at tobbs, quid made the point that he was buddying bif hard and i think it's worth a look

Here Chic says they've got a solid town read on Bif. But Chic wants to take a look at me for...having a town read on Bif.

Chic Trombone posted:

also knowing the flavor of a game will literally never impact whether someone is scum or town so idk why that's a point on your list

i mean i'm pretty solid in my bif as town read but that's just nonsensical tbh

Here's more of Chic telling us how town Bif is.

Chic Trombone posted:

y'know what at this point i'm not sure i even care, you've been so useless ##vote fiddy

Drive-by vote.

Chic Trombone posted:

hey juchero why -2

that seems weirdly specific

i don't really have anything to add re: the casing on them but i agree with it and am willing to vote them

i have a weird feeling about tobbs and will look at them in more detail tomorrow but tbh im loving tired and nasty feeling still so that's for tomorrows me probably

Still weird feelings about me for sharing the same read on Bif.

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Juchero

And some more.

The only solid read Chic put out was Rex, and they backed off later and defended him with (too dumb for scum not to help him) which is a terrible argument. Everything else is lazy drive-by votes and constant reminders that they intend to do a read of me for sharing an opinion with them (Bif is likely town).

This isn't town play by Chic Trombone, this is scum play. I don't know about Juchero, but Chic waltzing in to keep him close to hammer makes me feel like we've got town on the block. If you participate in too many drive-by's, eventually you're gonna get caught.

So yeah, let's ##vote Chic Trombone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

gallbladder stuff is no good, my thoughts go out to them

• Locked thread