Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Cause
HP
2/3
Skills: Archeology (cooldown), Balance (using to cook!)
Glory10->11

Looting a shield, a CQC skillcore http://orokos.com/roll/590067 = 14 (poorly looting),

and cooking! cooking in downtime: 1d100+10+11 64 (actually 53 if my glory cannot help out here.)

Cause was exhausted and entirely unsure how he got out of that unscathed. But even now, his captors friends needed him, and so Cause set himself to baking. His new skillcore fairly hummed as he dashed from oven to table and back, deftly balancing the competing deadlines of probably burnt bread and overkneaded dough. Would it be enough? Watching Patsy had already told him it would be barely noticed, but hey. Fresh bread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning, Imagining
HP: 3/3
Glory: 17

Now that the commander was dealt with and the horde had been blessed by a ton of crafting skillcores, Portha decided it was time to begin assembling the weapon she'd designed. Yep, plenty of time to put together an amazing crossbow.

Dog Kisser posted:

“That's Noostra. By tomorrow noon, we're going to be breaking down that gate.”

Dammit, that was too soon to properly construct the weapon. She'd have to make due with a scaled-back version for now and no time to put it into production, unless... what the horde did have was a ton of conveniently disassembled lumber that would suit its construction.

First though, the matter of the design.
Symphony of the Monötöan
First movement: The conversion of a bowharp into a musical crossbow design. The modular nature of this design would allow the horde to further upgrade

Second movement: The addition of a built-in ammunition magazine. There were some damaged war drums in the supply wagons that could be scaled down and then repaired with materials from the arrow flatpacks.

Third movement: Rifling. The reedblades would work for this with a little reshaping.

Fourth movement: Hydraulics! An air compression system using more rareified materials, specifically the wagnag horn. Combined with some spare bellows from the smithy and some clever gear work it might be able to power an automatic system.

Crossbow design: 1d100+32 66

Loot roll: the corpse of that boar Portha shot earlier: 1d100 78

One point of glory and a share of the boar to people who agree to work on turning the horde's bowharps into crossbows.

Also since Doc died, I'm rolling on the Bonegineering core, which will be given to whoever volunteers to use it to help build the final stage of the prototype crossbow.

Claim Bonegineering for the project: 1d100 82

Story vote: intel on the remaining local commanders. Maybe Magda will share what she knows about Cornichon

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 3, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

Name: Hob

HP 1/2
[Broken right arm!]

Glory: 6>7≥5

Ritual Glory : 5>0

Skill: Singing, Contortion +15 (in use), Butterfly Riding

As the wall the Hob leaned against drifted apart, the battlefield was revealed. The Wendigo horse had escaped, but he was in no state to pursue. Failure.

At least no one was at risk of catching rampant monsterism. There wouldn't be another Gawp. No one would be exposed against their will like Trinh or Qwag. And someone like Gado, or Dack, or Hob wouldn't run their life with...

Oh no. Corrupted cores. Unmistakable. "Keep away from those! Those are Wendigo cores!" Limping at high speed. Reaching for a long tool argh! Carefully reaching for a long shovel with his left hand, he tried to scoop out the hammering core without letting it touch anyone. "Burn them, don't let them touch you".
Thankfully Dack was there to get the other.

Get that Wendi-core! Shovel the corrupt hammering core right into the fire: 1d100 47

The silly horse plan had just put more people at risk. Put himself at risk for nothing. Pain shot down his arm, as he made his way to, no Snodis made her way to him. Time to own up to what he had done.

"Captain, reporting insubordination and sabotage of your plan. I rode the horse at the commander to kill it. I'm sorry. Argh." His vision filled with white light as Snodis responded, pain shooting along his arm. "Arm, need to go, aagh". Hob limped away from Snodis woozily as his head spun.

Zapanda was there. Medics. Hob staggered in, a little manic looking "Hello, I'm Hob. Ex-Wendigo, look, you can see in my arm bones, no Wendigo here haha." Hob tries to contort his arm bones back into place, then passes out near Zapanda.

Contort bones back in place (healing): 1d100+15+6 76

After healing up (or not), Hob asks Zapanda. "you know how butterflies take on properties of things they eat? Could you feed a Metallarvae some of that cure you gave Gado to make it produce more cure?"
(Hob will tell Zapanda anything she wants to know about being cured in hope of her learning something that could help cure Gado. This, plus her access to biological samples (bone, marrow, blood, etc.) From when he was unconscious should hopefully help her.)

Unnoticed, the caterpillar munched it's way through all of the ritual glory in the pouch. The cheeky wee thing has munched through Hob's old eyepatch and Agenou's cape sash!

(OOC, felt I had too much cosmetic items, not a "feeding caterpillar items"action, just using these two items to represent glory)

5 ritual glory fed to crimsonwing caterpillar, +4 from Gabber, might add well as another +2 glory to give a total of 11 glory fed to crimsonwing caterpillar.
(Edit: rereading the caterpillar, I did not notice the "a" glory, I thought it was unspecified number of glory, which is why I was confused on discord. So I am confused by what will happen, 1 glory to caterpillar, 10 glory to chrysalis? Or 1 glory to caterpillar, 5 to chrysalis, 5 to jeuvinile? Or just keep stuff back for next time? Dunno. Happy either way. Spending in order ritual≥Gabber's≥own glory.)

A short while later...

Hey Starn, sorry, I'm having trouble transporting the skull with this arm. Can you get it ok for when you need it?" Giving skull to seige team 6

Loot request:

While Hob was distracted, a friendly flapper notices a very content caterpillar feasting on glory, flaps over, and sits contentedly on his flat pack waiting to be fed.

action summary posted:

Free loot- Flapper
Skillcore get- Destroy corrupt hammering core - 47
Glory to caterpillar/chrysalis - 11
Healing- 76
Tell Zapanda everything she wants
Eat Skillcore from Gabber-Riding

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 3, 2018

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcore: Fashion +25
HP: 3/3 (2 wire)
Glory: 22->23
Ignomity: -6
Ritual Glory: 3
Slinker Standard: ???? only Dogkisser knows by this point.

--

Snödis clambered down from the misadvised Ram just in time to see Hob crawl out of the burning grass, covered in viscera. Concerned, she ran over to him, stumbling on a dropped skillcore on the way.

"Hob!" She yelled, "Hob! What happened to you, you look even worse than before! And more importantly, what happened to the horse? - Here she paused for one second to hear his side of the story - "Well, by the look of things the Commander is dead, so I'd say you made a good job of that! And a terrible job of keeping the horse safe! The horse that was instrumental to our plan! Hm, but by the amount of horse guts you are covered in, I'd say it was only two thirds dead - Fine. We can work with that. You go tell Captain Splut there has been a slight change in plans, and Dack and Trinh if you can find them. Tell them to meet me out in the field, away from prying eyes."

'Orders' given, Snödis left for the general direction the fires and screams were coming from, keeping a brisk pace until she came face to face with the abömination. With three, twitching eyes and one unblinking, she stared at it angrily until it gave up, face(s) long and low in shame.

[Free Loot: Wendingo-Horse]

Muttering to herself, Snödis saw that the horse was too far gone to ever convince anyone in Noostra that it was healthy. With most of its skeleton crushed, it could hardly stand upright anymore. But maybe it didn't have too...

With a bit of elbow grease, she was sure the corrupted meats and broken bones could be removed, and with the rest of her squad at her side, a frame could be constructed from its body, allowing for one or more Tö to wear the skin of the beast as a suit. A Tröjan Horse. A set of horse-armour fit only for those who already knew the exalted way of Friendingoism. If her plan worked (and why wouldn't it, when every other step had been so flawlessly executed?), they could still get someone into Noostra ahead of time, and in prime position for sabotage!

Fashion to make an Infiltration Suit of Friendingo Horse Armour: 1d100+22+25-6 = 81

As she stood there contemplating, a skillcore that was knocked loose in the battle rolled up to her all innocent like. As if it had supposed to be hers all along. She looked at it, and understood. The one missing piece in her years long puzzle. Reaching for it, a wry smile crept across her face, one that she was hoping that no one would notice...

Claiming Secretly Murdering Innocents: 1d100 = 23

--

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

As she stood there contemplating, a skillcore that was knocked loose in the battle rolled up to her all innocent like. As if it had supposed to be hers all along. She looked at it, and understood. The one missing piece in her years long puzzle. Reaching for it, a wry smile crept across her face, one that she was hoping that no one would notice...

Claiming Secretly Murdering Innocents: 1d100 = 23

--

Oh oh dear :ohdear:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Held by a nailbound mook (only accessible during downtime, but in her possession):

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 25 -> 26
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

Traveling right now, so here's my actions in short, will do a writeup if I have time later on.

Loot roll: plodder
Action roll: Mushroom healing: 1d100+15+25 62
Skill core roll: Claim smithing+20 core: 1d100 87
Sucy will give the +20 smithing skill core to whoever claims the +25 core in exchange for 2 glory.
Get a new skill at +40 with just one roll now!

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 2, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP:1/3
Glory:38
Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Ritual Glory:0
Infiltrator Captain

He'd been saving his Mushbrewm for just such an outcome as this, and imbibed it to numb the pain a little, but all it did was make him nauseous.

Mushbrewm: 1d4 3

Looking over the skillcores, (he paused at the relatively well developed 'secretly killing innocents' core, looking upon its deceased prior owner with a mix of contempt, revulsion and hatred), the only one that played up to his deceptive nature was camouflage. It was worth a shot, he supposed, though he wasn't sure if he'd be better off doling it out to someone in his squad.

Claim Camo skillcore (-5 Mushbrewm penalty): 1d100-5 67

Speaking of his squad, he called the Infiltrators together for a debrief/brief.

"In general, things went well: We caused some major disruption to the enemy, we successfully collaborated with a peer squad, and the eventual outcome was a victory. Some of us are a little the worse for wear, but there are bound to be injuries after contact with the Enemy. Still, that is our first priority: Do what you can to restore the Horde to health. Secondly, we need to Set in motion our plans to infiltrate Noostra ahead of the siege. We have the documentation, we have the mask, we have some other ideas. A word on the mask: I've been getting more of a feel for it in use. There's a persona - Craic - it was able to produce and create memories for, memories that allowed me to bilk their second-biggest threat out of his weapon before he could use it on our hordemates, and that allowed me, with Marra's assistance. to set the biggest mass of their troops infighting. I have a better sense of the risks involved, but my skillset is well tailored to keeping the truth I want the world to see and the truth I hold as reality separate. I'll be keeping hold of it for now unless persuaded otherwise."

One last thing. Marra, I witnessed you charge an Enemy commander and live to tell the tale. As with the sashes claimed from Agenou, this is worthy of commemoration. I bestow upon you this Coffin Nail as symbol and recognition of your bravery."

Scribbleykins posted:

Next he dropped by Magda, doffing his hat politely and dropping 10 glory on her counter to pick up a particular item - giving her a wan smile as her expression darkened at his order - before going to find Captain Splut.

"Splut, if we're going to do it at all, we should execute the Plan now - whatever's left of it. Think we can just drop the letter - or wait, keep it, but claim the whole thing was made moot - since it'll mostly just be a matter of joining Jaune's retreating men while dressed up like them. Being beat-up will no doubt help. Might even be possible to send more than one - though it's risk and reward, Splut. More of us go, more of us can get captured, interrogated..."

The Sleuth took a deep breath and held up the bottle of Makeshift Sacrifire he'd just purchased.

"So I bought some insurance, for whoever's going. If nobody else does, I'll volunteer. Pity to throw away so much of the prepwork, after all, since least we have uniforms and such to show for it still."

He paused and spat a bit of bloody phlegm to the ground, evidence of his earlier beating, although some of the bruises were already fading.

"Grim. Grim, but pragmatic. I suspect Grimper will enable us to rove ahead as he did on our approach here, which should give us ample opportunity to infiltrate. I'll be taking that opportunity, others, sooner or later as required. We have a mission to see through in ensuring Grimper gets to the Thumbscrew. I trust my abilities to fend off hostile questioning. Everyone, if you fear being caught or worse, this is an option, but a matter of conscience. Good. Anything else to report?

quote:

"Also, I had a poke around and... well, what's left of the Wendihorse is crawling around here somewhere. Someone should probably hunt th' poor critter down fore it makes itself a little posse. Not sure how that happened, either. Think it's what corrupted a couple of Jaune's skillcores, so I'm guessing someone took it on a suicide charge. Don't care to find out who - that part of the Plan was messy from the get-go," he said, lying to the Liar and anyone in earshot. He knew it'd been Hob, of course. He'd been watching Jaune closely through the battle - he just wasn't about to get the poor man in trouble with his own Captain for taking a bad thing and doing something not-quite-as-bad with it.

--------------------

Splut's face for once did not maintain its facade of sangfroid: With dawning horror, he recalled his conversation with the restored Neötype in the empty forge hall. Had he..? Did he..? Surely not. Surely.

"There is something I must go and address. You have your orders, luck and success to you all."

He headed off, towards where the Neötypes were congregating.

"Hob?! What in Reina's name did you do, Hob?"

Somewhat later, he went over to talk to the wounded, to lift their spirits and ease their burdens.

Use a Charming bedside manner to assist in wound recovery: 1d100+63 157

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 1, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry, Precision, Aiming, Leadership (Unconsumed)
HP: 3
Glory: 43->44
Ritual Glory: 4

By the time Noggins broke her way out of her coffin, it was already over. Part of her was glad that she hadn't had to witness Jaune's final moments, but not having seen it felt like a failure, like she'd let the Commander down. That last look of disgust, those final words... they were going to be haunting Noggins for a long time. Forever, probably. But she couldn't worry about that right now. They were going to be moving out before long, headed into another battle, she needed to use every precious second Grimper was giving them to...

There's always a choice.

She was doing it again, wasn't she? Stepping back and let Grimper make the decisions, acting like it was all out of her hands. Because she had the courage to face an enemy commander in battle, but not to voice opposition to her own Warlord. No, if she stood back here, let things simply pass her by, then she was breaking her promise to the Horde. She had said she would do everything she could to protect them, and that meant more than simply rushing into battle. It meant she would have to stand for her beliefs. She would have to take action to make her choice, and not simply go along with this plan. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she stepped up to the Warlord.

"With all due respect, sir, moving out immediately would be a mistake. If you throw us against Noostra's walls as we stand right now, we're going to be crushed. We just have too many wounded right now. You said yourself that the enemy knows we're here, but that isn't the same thing as saying that they're going to rush us. I don't know Sikatris, but if she's a high-ranking Commander, she's going to be crafty, and we can't go into this half-cocked. She has to know that we were able to take down Jaune, and probably Agenou as well--she's going to take us too seriously to just send out an army immediately and assume that that'll do the job. She's going to take the time to make sure it's done right. But that takes time"

"If we leave right now, I think we run into the interceptors close to Noostra, and we're fighting their full forces. But if we wait just a little bit, treat our wounded and gather up the warbeasts, we can probably get past them, and hit Noostra while they're still poking around here. We'll be in better shape, they'll have fewer people... I like our odds a lot better that way. It'll still be a rush to get in and out before the interceptors return, but it'll be doable."

Her piece spoken, Noggins headed to Jaune's remains, broken open by Grimper and then picked over by the Horde. The grisly sight struck her harder than had previous casualties, but she forced herself to stay composed. Jaune was dead. There wasn't any undoing that. But she could still pay her respects as best she knew how. She bent over the corpse and pulled out the Crafting core, untouched by the monsterist taint that had somehow found its way into the Commander--not that it was exactly a mystery. With that pocketed, to be consumed shortly, she looked lower, to the toolbelt around Jaune's waist. You know a craftsman by their tools, after all, and Jaune had undoubtedly been an unparalleled craftsman. She couldn't let those tools go to waste.

"I'll do it, Jaune." Noggins whispered under her breath. "I'll build something. I'll build it for you. That's the choice I'm making."

quote:

Loot Crafting +25: 1d100 73

Loot Jaune's Tools: 1d100 85

Convince Grimper to Slow Down: 1d100+43+10 118

Also, going to 'order' the Knights onto guard duty. It's entirely optional, but hey, +10

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 31, 2018

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Glory: 22->23->19

---

Some time later, when things were more composed and most of the days pressing matters had been attended to, Snödis strode up to Magdas tent, small pouch of glory in hand.

"Greetings, Quartermaster. It struck me as I was climbing the townhall with banner in one hand and bowharp in the other, that I am still lacking a melee weapon after all this time. Well, that just wont do, don't you see? I am a Tö of rank, after all, and we Captains must lead from the front. But alas, my hands are tied...

I wonder though, those Basker Claws we picked up earlier, perhaps something could be done with them, to solve my predicament? For a small donation of glory, could you perhaps be persuaded to graft them onto these Fine Leather Boots that I scavengedfound only recently? This way, I would not need spend precious time switching my equipment around, should needs must see me in the thick of it."

> Spending 4 glory (Or more, if Magda requires it?) to purchase/reforge the Basker Claws into a pair of Clawed Boots!

---

At Grimpners Gathering, she lent her voice in support of Captain Noggins. "Aye, and Neötype and Infiltrator Squads have together come up with a plan to grant us further intel on the city, if you but stay the Hordes hand a moment, that we may execute the final stage."

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 31, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Working on Cards - they'll pop up here over the course of today. Mounts first!

There are three of each easily available, but you can roll to see if you can find another if the one you want is 'out of stock'. These last two types aren't mounts, per se, but there were some there too! Three of each of these guys, too.

More stuff coming later!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2
Skills: Perception +30 (active), Keen Sight (Resonation!), Sniping +15
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Iron Shield, Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Fostis Ale (using)
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 12 -> 13 -> 11 (2 transferred to Sucy)
Ritual Chits: 19 -> 21 (artwork bonus)

Öxnyard (Part 6): Verika was relieved when the magical structure surrounding them started dissipating into thin air, giving them all their senses back. Ah, at last they could fully see again! Yet again Grimper had defeated the enemy Commander, and the Unexpectables were victorious! Verika let out an exultant cry of triumph, piercing the heavens to the very stars themselves. It was a good day to be alive!

When the dust finally settled, Verika surveyed the battlefield. There was a lone, ruddy charger milling about in the field, cropping grass, completely unperturbed by the piles of bodies surrounding it. Its saddle was immaculate. Its eyes bespoke of a calm, all-knowing wisdom. Verika calmly approached and made eye contact with the noble creature, and she fell in love.

//

Ruddy Charger - Tame the Beast Within!: 1d100 96
Verika claims a Ruddy Charger as her free item.

She would name him, "Blixthäst."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When downtime rolled around, Verika found herself with orders from her Captain Noggins to patrol the camps on Blixthäst in order to stay on guard for enemy scouts and ambushes. That was something Verika could do - with relish!

From atop her swift and mighty steed, Verika barked out orders to the Nailbound shuffling along with their menial camp duties.

"Attention Nailbound, to me!"

When the poor sods all swiveled their head to her in unison, Verika recoiled slightly with a shiver down her spine. She looked into the crowd of dull, glazed-over eyes and continued:

"Attention all Nailbound, if no one else claims them, I want four of you to grab those remaining Smithing skillcores and bring them to me."

She waited for four of the Nailbound to step forward from the group, but they all just kept staring straight ahead, blinking at her.

"Right. The four of you will be joining me on guard shift."

She pointed at the four most alert-looking candidates and smiled as they approached.

"And while you're at it, Nailbound: All of you grab yourselves a shield apiece when they become available. You won't regret it! Dismissed!"

With that, she took her four new charges aside.

"Don't worry, my four little Nailbound. I try to run a tight ship on my patrol duties but I'm not a cruel taskmistress. I know-! Let's try and get to know one another over the course of the night! I've got just the thing..."

Verika tapped into the keg of Fostis Ale to improve the morale of the Nailbound guard patrol!

Verika Versus the Darkness - Guarding Camp with Perception + Sharing Fostis Ale with Nailbound + Captain's Orders + Resonation: 1d100+15+12+25+10+15 136

Skillcore Roll: Smithing +25: 1d100 15

Verika wants to hear more from Grimper about the Thumbscrew. Wasn't that their objective for tomorrow's attack? The Horde should know as much as it can about their target before they launch their assault tomorrow.

(OOC: Verika is willing to pay 2 Glory to Sucy for the Smithing +20 core. She is also willing to pay 1 glory to any non-Nailbound who brings her a Smithing skillcore.)

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 4, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
In addition to the items and skillcores listed by Dog Kisser in his latest update, the following items and skillcores are available, left behind by the dead. :rip:

:siren:Available Skillcores: Avoiding Notice, Sighing, Surgery +15, Bonegineering, Echolocation, Dancing x2, Mining, Clowning, Jumping, Performing, Yelling:siren:

Available items:

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 31, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/2
Glory: 35 + 1 (Story Glory) > 36
Skills:
Virtuoso [COOLDOWN]
Poor Decision Making [READY]
Interior Decorating [READY]

-[Oxnyard]-

Bamboo awkwardly slinked off to a quiet corner of the camp and found solace in front of another fire; she had survived, again, and this time with more than a little help from her ‘friends’, if she may call them that. She’ll find out soon enough; Bamboo had a lot to do tonight.

First order of business, her wounds. Healing for the Horde was still sparse, and if Grimper was going to march on Noostra in the morning, Bamboo would need all the help she can get.

Taking out her bottle of Mushbrewm, she cracked the top open against a nearby rock, and drank heavily of the ale inside; here goes nothing:

Drinking a Mushbrewm: 1d4 2

“Blaaagh”. As the dark brown liquid filled her with an alcoholic warmth, Bamboo tossed the empty bottle over her shoulder; she was more of a ‘shine’ girl anyways.

Guess she’ll have to find some healing the old fashioned way:

Action

> Bamboo assists in healing (herself).: 1d100+35 47 [1d100=12]

Oh come on Orokos, stop trying to kill Bamboo!!

Next, Bamboo needed more protection. The Tuned Shield had been a literal life saver during the battle, even if it turned out she hadn’t needed it, for now. If one thing was certain, her luck would not hold, certainly not in Noostra.

Some of the enemy horsemen had been carrying a piece of gear which may serve her needs, and it didn’t take her long to find one among the detritus of battle.

Bamboo picked it up and felt the weight in her hands; a simple thing, really, just a small, metal buckler which was strapped to the ‘off’ hand. It would allow her to remain mobile and use her garrote to full effect. Grabbing a few handfuls of dirt, she smeared it into the surface of the shield to make it as generic and non-descript as possible:

> As her ‘Free Loot’, Bamboo chooses a ‘Non-Descript Buckler’ which functions the same as a Tuned Shield, except it breaks against an even attack roll.

@DK: If this isn’t acceptable, then Bamboo can just loot a normal Tuned Shield, or something else, if you rather she buys one with Glory.

On to those who helped her.

Gryph was busy healing the wounded at the aid station, which made him rather easy to track down; she approached him cautiously.

“Gryph, thank you for your help during the battle, if it wasn’t for the kindness of my fellow Hordlings, I doubt I would have survived that fight. Yes, the Oh Gees help those who help themselves, and, sometimes, we all need a little help from our ‘Friends’.”

She winced at using that word, waiting for Gryph to correct her.

“Anyways, I owe you one, let me know if you ever need help with anything.”

Bamboo tapped Sucy lightly on the shoulder and presented the Tuned Shield back to its rightful owner.

“Sucy, thank you for your support during the battle, fortunately I didn’t need the shield, and more importantly, I’m glad I didn’t have to ‘break’ it. Your kindness gave me the will to continue the fight; sometimes this ‘Horde Life’ gets under my skin, and it’s difficult to know who to trust around here.

Bamboo glanced about nervously.

Bamboo wasn’t sure how to approach Trinh; the wendigoes made her nervous as she wasn’t sure just how long those ‘Brands’ would hold, and if Grimper was to be believed, they would be executed once the need for them was over.

Still, Trinh had offered her help, in a way, during her time of need.

“Trinh, thank you for your offer during the battle; I’ll be honest, this Monsterism and the Wendigo ‘condition’ frightens me, more than a little. Still, you offered a way out when all I saw was death and despair, and your words have not gone unnoticed.”

Bamboo kept her distance from Trinh.

Lastly, deep into the night, as Bamboo was finally settling down to get some rest, and yelled out at Grimper, ”Warlord, tell us about the 'Field of Sweet Water!'”

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob

AJ_Impy posted:

"Hob?! What in Reina's name did you do, Hob?"

Splut found Hob with the medics, a little scraped up. It wasn't immediately apparent how he was doing until he got closer. Hob was awake for the moment, passing in and out of consciousness as his arm was reconstructed. Vials of some kind of medicine were open nearby.

"Hey Splut, heey. Yeah the plan went off the rails. Like you said,

AJ_Impy posted:

the charger must wait. Better yet, get the enemy to kill themselves."

Thought the warlord would be able to kill it herself easy. Maybe should've went for a softer target but didn't want to spread the infection. She would have been able to see it was a Wendigo like Grimper does right? Take it seriously as a target. But it went wrong, ichor everywhere. Fell off when it exploded. Still alive, crawling, tried to burn it. Ran away."

Hob looked through Splut blankly. "Infected cores, tried to burn them too. Oh told Snodis, she's fine with it, she has a new plan which sounded nice." At that point, someone held the vial of medicine under Hob's nose and he lolled back, before they inserted some foreceps into his forearm.

----

Task Manager posted:

"Hob,
I took your harness. Magda has it. Should be better than new. Just like your arm will be. I left a riding skillcore for you. You have a nice caterpillar there.
Thank you again for the armor. It has saved my life several times now. Get well soon.
-Gabber"

Gabber was so nice. Hob ate the skillcore. Things might go wrong, things might be grim at times, but with friends it didnt seem so bad.
-----
Voting to learn more about the East Wind.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 1, 2018

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
/// Cosmetic Items: ///
Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry, Listening(+30), Night Vision
Glory: 18 -> 19 -> 11

As the walls of his temporary dungeon had begun to fade, spikes which had once held the pinned bodies of the enemy forces also faded to nothing as well. With several thick, meaty *THWACKS* the bodies fell to the ground, various fluids and organs beginning to seep out onto the grassy ground beneath them. Staring at the closest one, Gabber gazed long into the still features of the punctured horseman. If his lips weren't sewn shut maybe he'd have made some sort of crack; something about how it seemed that the enemy Frö had finally gotten the point, maybe. As he was though, no one liner came forth. Just Gabber, the silence, and the guts of his enemy spilling out as their death trap seemed to have backfired spectacularly.

Looking over he saw Hat still nearby collecting herself. It amazed Gabber that he ever thought the Milliner may have actually been some sort of Fröman spy - she'd proven herself many times over, and was instrumental in them besting the room's combatants here. After wiping off his blade and sheathing it, he gave her a big thumbs up, and then made his way over towards the rest of the Horde waiting in the ruins to find out the casualties, and begin the looting.

-----------------

Gabber frowned. There'd been losses; not as many as he had feared given the trap that had been sprung. Still more than he'd liked to have seen. The group stuck with Janue seemed to have suffered the brunt of it, with several people critically wounded - those among them the newly de-monsterized bee-kee--singer, Hob. A pang of guilt washed over Gabber as he witnessed the mangled form of his benefactor. He still hadn't repaid him for the marvelous gift. It was time to pay back that favor, with interest if he could.

Gabber stalked among the skillcores, searching for a match to one of the three he knew Hob already had. Hm.....no Singing or Contortion, but he did spy a Riding skillcore. Well, it wasn't Butterfly Riding, but Magda had said that skillcore integration had less of a chance of rejection the closer it was, right? Maybe the distinction of species wouldn't matter, or if he didn't want to risk it he could always trade it.

Claiming Riding Skillcore: 1d100 92

Pocketing the skillcore, Gabber made his way off to Magda with his bag of glory firmly in hand. After waiting in line for a bit given the demand for her services, he reached the front of the wagon and gave the High Nailsmith a polite bow befitting her esteemed position. He carefully set down four glory tokens on her cart, and proceeded to fill out the upgrade requisition form in front of him. He also then quickly scribbled a short message on another piece of parchment, pocketed it, and gives 4 glory to Magda, requesting that she upgrade Hob's butterfly harness to +2

Bowing even further after the transaction was complete, he quickly bounded away back towards the wounded. He had considered getting Hob a shield, but wasn't sure if the Singer would need it given his trusty bow and flatpack; wasn't sure if he could even use it now that he was back to only 2 arms and needing bow to use a bow and arrow. Finding Hob among the injured, he found he was a moment too late to catch him conscious, as they'd just finished placing a vial of medicine under his nose and setting to work on his arm. Asking for a moment before they started, Gabber walked up to his friend and gently place his hand on his shoulder. drat. He'd not seen him up close since the OG incident - while his Monsterism was cured, it had seemed that the machine had still done a number on him judging by the scarring. drat OGs... His arm was also fairly mangled, but Gabber hoped the medics would repair that quick enough.

Releasing his grip on his shoulder, Gabber found Hob's pile of equipment stacked gently to the side. He carefully removed the harness from the pile (quickly explaining to lookers nearby he wasn't stealing it, only borrowing it), and in it's place left the Riding skillcore and the slip of parchment. Noticing Hob's caterpillar eyeing him as well, Gabber had a momentary flash of inspiration. Digging back out his glory pouch, he proceeded to feed 4 tokens to the little bug and pat it gently on the head. Soon one day Hob would be terrorizing the skies!

Feed 4 glory to Hob's Crimsonwing caterpillar

He then left, bringing the armor back towards Magda. When Hob awoke and read the parchment, he saw in (fairly awful) handwriting:

"Hob,

I took your harness. Magda has it. Should be better than new. Just like your arm will be. I left a riding skillcore for you. You have a nice caterpillar there.

Thank you again for the armor. It has saved my life several times now. Get well soon.

-Gabber"

---------------

Having found Captain Noggins alive and well, but in no mood to talk, Gabber quickly set out to begin his guard duty as ordered. By the time he was ready to get started he had noticed several of the prized warbeasts were corralled back up and ready for the claiming. As he walked among them he saw several fine beasts, but knew he had found the perfect match when he came upon a sturdy looking Charger clad in heavy, sturdy armor. It was clear the animal was used to bearing a heavy load, and whatever beast he claimed would surely need to be able to with his Heavyweight Plate. Grabbing the reigns and hefting himself up into position in the saddle, suddenly Gabber had found the missing piece of the puzzle he never realized had been gone in the first place. It felt good on that horse. drat good.

Setting off at a gallop, Gabber began patrolling the outskirts of town, getting a handle on his mount while trying to mimic the imposing figure of the knight from old stories.

Claim an Armored Charger - Free Loot: 1d100 41

Mounted Guard Duty - Mimic the Knights of Old: 1d100+11(glory)+10(skillcore)+10(orders) 55

He'd get the hang of it eventually.

EDIT: Removing the "Guard" roll as my action - new loot below is too shiny to NOT tempt Gabber.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 1, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

He stayed with the sorely injured former Wendigo for a while, running his Charm skillcore to maintain a comforting, soothing patter to try to take his mind off what was being done to save his arm, once the knockout wore off. Now was not the time to berate him for forgetting that death didn't stop Wendigoes arising, but could be the catalyst. He realised he'd have to get his own wounds seen to sooner rather than later: Jaune had done a real number on him. He was putting a stoic face on it, because what else would he do? For the moment, however, once it seemed the worst was over with Hob (He hoped), he gently placed a Coffin Nail honour in his hand and headed off to meet with Captains Snödis, Noggins and hopefully Stårn, congregating around Grimper, it seemed. He listened to how the conversation was going.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 1, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+15)
Equipment: Spear (+1), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Mushbrëwm, Wagnag Jerky[?]
Glory: 33 -> 34

The fighting was over, for now. The spiked room, so intimidating moments earlier, fell apart around the Hordemates. Hat looked around at her compatriots, it looked like no-one nearby had suffered any serious injuries. Least of all herself, thank goodness. She saw Gabber extend a friendly thumbs-up; Hat returned the gesture, and gave the Mimic a big smile as she followed him to the looting. Her spear had served her well, and so Hat started looking for possible improvements that could be made.

Using my free loot roll to ask Dog Kisser for a +2 Spear. Changing this to ask for a free +3 Knightly Spear!

Hat gave the list of available skillcores someone had scrawled onto a chalkboard a quick look; there was always the quiet hope that Haberdashery would one day appear, and give Hat a chance to really stretch her creative wings. Not this time, sadly, although one skillcore did jump out at her: Carpentry. Hat quickly looked around for Captain Noggins; it looked like she was in discussions with Grimper and the other captains. Maybe she simply hadn't seen it; maybe she'd already grabbed another one earlier. Hat reached out for the skillcore, wrapped it in some spare paper and put it in her hat-making supplies bag. Noggins had proven herself an excellent soldier time and time again, ever since that fight amongst the stick-ogres outside Fosis. This core would surely resonate almost immediately, making her creations better; making the Horde better. She resolved to give the Captain her gift as soon as possible.

Rolling for the Carpentry skillcore (to give to Noggins): 1d100 45

Speaking of captains... Hat thought to herself as Captain Splut gathered his squad for orders. The horde could certainly use some time to recuperate and tend to their wounds. They'd bested two enemy Commanders and their assorted forces in a little under a week, with little chance for respite along the way. But if Hat was healing, she wouldn't be able to make Marra the headpiece she had promised her on the march. Once the meeting was finished, Hat asked Splut for a quiet word.

"Hi. Are you sure you want me to help the healers? I've tried before, and it seems whenever I offer my services it always seems to go poorly. Also, if I do help them I won't have time to make the hats for the squad members you asked for a couple of days ago. Which task would you like me to focus on?"

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 1, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

Cloud Potato posted:

Speaking of captains... Hat thought to herself as Captain Splut gathered his squad for orders. The horde could certainly use some time to recuperate and tend to their wounds. They'd bested two enemy Commanders and their assorted forces in a little under a week, with little chance for respite along the way. But if Hat was healing, she wouldn't be able to make Marra the headpiece she had promised her on the march. Once the meeting was finished, Hat asked Splut for a quiet word.

"Hi. Are you sure you want me to help the healers? I've tried before, and it seems whenever I offer my services it always seems to go poorly. Also, if I do help them I won't have time to make the hats for the squad members you asked for a couple of days ago. Which task would you like me to focus on?"

He listened to her considerations, and then nodded.

"You raise a fair point. I'll trust your assessment of your healing talent: You are free to continue your prior haberdashery orders at my word."

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 1, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+15)
Equipment: Spear (+1), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Mushbrëwm, Wagnag Jerky[?]
Glory: 34

AJ_Impy posted:

Infiltrator Captain
He listened to her considerations, and then nodded.

"You raise a fair point. I'll trust your assessment of your healing talent: You are free to continue your prior haberdashery orders at my word."

Hat sighed with relief. "Thank you, sir. I know we've got a lot of injuries, but me pretending bandages are hats for wounds is not what the Horde needs right now. I'll get started on this piece for Marra. Take care, sir."

And so Hat sat next to a fire and delved into her bag of materials. She thought of what Marra had asked for on the march. Inconspicuous, cowl-esque, like a scarf, earthy colour... Hmm. Maybe something loose, part hat, part scarf, easily adjustable... Hat grabbed some knitting needles and a skein of brown wool and stared into the night sky, letting her skillcore take over her hands' movements.

Inventing the snööd: 1d100+34+15+10 132

A loop of knitted brown wool. Loose enough to fit around the top and bottom of the head, or around the neck, or even covering most of the face. Hat hoped Marra would like it!

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Name: Gryph
Glory: 15 -> 16
Skill: Medicine (15), Wrestling (10), Slamming (10)

The walls crumbled and Gryph knew that Grimper had killed the enemy commander. That didn't mean there wasn't enemies to still fight, but the battle was over. Timeto take stock. Bury the wounded. Find the dead. And Gryph knew one of the dead immediately. Only one other person wore the pink and brown cuirass of a medic, and she lay still on the ground where the boars had poured through the lines. Well, she won't need that armour any more, and mine's a little ragged....
Free loot: Medic's Cuirass + 2

Harvesting and finding skillcores was always a long and labourious prospect, but Gryph didn't linger. Luckily, the only thing he was interested in came up early.
Skillcore Claim: Wrestling!: 1d100 8

OOC: Welp.

Too bad he was in a hurry. His shouted request would probably be ignored. Didn't Humbug accuse Doc of murder? Gryph wondered where the detective had.... GADO!

Giving Gado more time wasn't enough. The high stress of combat would have supercharged the Monsterism, burning through what had been a few days in minutes. And so Gryph took off running to Zapanda.Zapanda luckily had already been informed of and treated Gado, so after making sure that Gado was okay, Gryph wandered into the medic tent, where Hob and Splut were waiting, already banged up. Splut was busy chatting, and Gryph mused about the captain. His newfound responsibility suited him, and he'd even managed to find the right way to calm those in the room. Only a few weeks ago, he'd been trying to convince another To that their arm wasn't broken and now he was a welcome sight in the healing tent.
Downtime Roll: Healing and taking stock: 1d100+15+15 35
OOC: Cripes! That is bad!

Lack of sleep, tiredness and stress had ground Gryph down. As dangerous and awkward having Doc around was, she was one of the few other medical practitioners out there, and Gryph was getting overwhelmed with the sheer volume of injuries. Supplies were running low and things were not looking good. But there were good people still visiting, including Bamboo.

Bamboo posted:

Gryph was busy healing the wounded at the aid station, which made him rather easy to track down; she approached him cautiously.

“Gryph, thank you for your help during the battle, if it wasn’t for the kindness of my fellow Hordlings, I doubt I would have survived that fight. Yes, the Oh Gees help those who help themselves, and, sometimes, we all need a little help from our ‘Friends’.”

She winced at using that word, waiting for Gryph to correct her.

"Anytime." Gryph grinned "It's the only way we stick out this war. As for the favour, try not to stand out in the open when calling for help. But watch yourself, and stay alive."

A short time later, after contributing... meagerly to the healing of others, Gryph followed Splut as he and the other Captains gathered around Grimper.

Noggins posted:

"With all due respect, sir, moving out immediately would be a mistake. If you throw us against Noostra's walls as we stand right now, we're going to be crushed. We just have too many wounded right now. You said yourself that the enemy knows we're here, but that isn't the same thing as saying that they're going to rush us. I don't know Sikatris, but if she's a high-ranking Commander, she's going to be crafty, and we can't go into this half-cocked. She has to know that we were able to take down Jaune, and probably Agenou as well--she's going to take us too seriously to just send out an army immediately and assume that that'll do the job. She's going to take the time to make sure it's done right. But that takes time"

"If we leave right now, I think we run into the interceptors close to Noostra, and we're fighting their full forces. But if we wait just a little bit, treat our wounded and gather up the warbeasts, we can probably get past them, and hit Noostra while they're still poking around here. We'll be in better shape, they'll have fewer people... I like our odds a lot better that way. It'll still be a rush to get in and out before the interceptors return, but it'll be doable."

Snodis posted:

"Aye, and Neötype and Infiltrator Squads have together come up with a plan to grant us further intel on the city, if you but stay the Hordes hand a moment, that we may execute the final stage."

"Nog's right. The last time we had anything approaching a chance to heal was Fostis, and we've fought and killed two armies since then. We're running on fumes, and we've been doing that for too long. We still haven't fully recovered from Agenou, and this fight hurt most of our best taking on Jaune. Even Ringo, your NeoTo is banged up. And Noostra has known we're coming for weeks. Thy're already prepared for us.

Gryph looked Grimper in the eyes. "Do you want to break, Noostra, or do you want to break the Horde? Because if we attack now, you'll fail. And then your mission is over."

Privately, he wondered what Snodis had planned. The Neotype Captain had been less outspoken in recent days, but Gryph knew more and more that that wasn't good news. Whatever she had planned, Gryph hoped it didn't end with an outbreak of Rampant Monsterism. Now the only thing to do is get drunk with Zapanda and see if she has a working theory to fix this...

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Name: Waesh
Skills: Piracy, Grappling, Yelling

Now that there are some piggies up for grabs, I'm going to go edit my old post to claim one Feral Warboar.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 1, 2018

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Went back and added in a little Boarlet to my post as my freebie loot

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The bodies of the dead were a bounty of quality gear of varying quality. Weapons were generally amazing, as was to be expected of the Knights. Armor was slightly less so, but only because of the clear hierarchy on display among the trainees, squires and Knights. It didn't matter, since they were all dead. The Unexpectables picked their way through what their corpses no longer had any use for.

Jaune's corpse was already swarming with Töans greedy for her Cores, but her discarded helmet was just lying there, collecting sawdust as the building drifted apart, scattering nails like rain. The Horde pocketed some of them, some out of respect and some out of a desire for fine trophies. Even something as mundane as they could be imbued with meaning, with Glory, from the story of their provenance.

(Loot loot loot loot loot. You can take as many nails as you want, they're all over the place, and the place is lousy with those Caps and Quilted Armor too, but the other stuff is limited. There's three of each weapon, six helmets, six Tabards, and three sets of Plate. Again, this is only the stuff that's conveniently found - if stocks run out for 'free' items, you can roll to try to find them.)

---
Magda was grumpy at the rudeness of her awakening, but it was heartening to see that the Horde had mostly survived. And, hell, killed another Commander!? Well done. Grimper was in a mood, but gently caress him. She opened her shop and found she was a little excited to listen to the stories from the fight. From the looks of them, it had been something, alright.
---
Items
    Weapon [5 4 Glory] - Many different weapons can be found or forged in this world of war. Whatever their appearance, they serve to separate men from their lives.
    Encompasses swords, spears, gauntlets, etc. Adds +1 to Combat rolls. Can be used to upgrade existing weapons by 1 each time this is purchased. Describe it when you buy it, though weapons purchased from the quartermaster are of workman-like quality only.
    Armour [5 4 Glory] - Plate, leather or bone put between you and the blades of your enemies. It will do, in a pinch, but if your enemy's tenacity overwhelms your skill you may as well be wearing parchment.
    Encompasses leather armour, plate, etc. Removes 1 from the enemy Combat rolls. Can be used to upgrade existing armour by 1 each time this is purchased. Describe it when you buy it, though armour purchased from the quartermaster are of workman-like quality only.
    Shield [5 4 Glory]- A great slab of tough material sits between you and certain death. Treat it well, and it will save your life.
    Blocks 1 Damage (to yourself) in Combat, then breaks.
    Cowardclaw [5 Glory] - A sickly-yellow flower. Its smell is repulsive and cloying - perhaps that will be enough to turn the blade away from you and towards your ally?
    If you would take Damage during Combat, reroll. If you roll higher than another above you, they take your place.
    Makeshift Sacrifire [10 Glory] - A foul concoction of volatile chemicals, much rougher than a proper formulation would be. It ought to do the trick!
    Can be used during any combat to instantly roll a natural 100 - and then die. However, due to its unfinished nature, roll 1d100 (no modifier) when you use it. On a 1, it backfires, sending the deadly energy at your allies! Despite the mess, harvesting of Skillcores and Gear proceeds as normal.
    Boomstick [5 Glory] - A canister of compressed explosive, easily activated with a small flame. Risky in enclosed areas, but deadly against structures or slow-moving creatures!
    Explosives +25, One Use
    Mining Pick [5 Glory] - A simple pick used to break up rock in mines or to dig holes.
    Mining +25, One Use
    Grappling Hook [5 Glory] - A hook attached to a length of rope, making climbing tall ledges a breeze!
    Climbing +25, One Use
    Fostis Ale [5 Glory] - A delicious cask of (lightly contaminated) local Fostis Ale! Share it with your friends! Bribe your enemies! Or bribe your friends and share it with your enemies, I'm not your mother!
    Camaradery +25, One Use
    Stained Bandages [5 Glory] - These look like they've been used already, but they're good enough, right?
    Healing +10, One Use
    Strange Red Goo [5 Glory] - A jar of red goo, warm to the touch? Found with the other medical stuff. Zapanda says to rub it in your eyeballs. You probably shouldn’t.
    ??? +50, One Use
    Strange Blue Goo [5 Glory] - A jar of blue goo, warm to the touch? Found with the other medical ointments. Zapanda says to eat it, but she’s probably being a bitch.
    ??? +50, One Use
    Heartshock [10 Glory] 3 in Stock - A powerful drug that speeds recovery sharply. Slightly addictive.
    Restores 1-2 HP, One Use
Rituals
Expensive, dangerous, magic. Not easy to perform, not easy to afford, but well worth it to increase the Horde’s survivability. Only a few are available now, but exploring ruins and sacking libraries can discover new ones. The Horde can pay into these gradually, activating them eventually once the required total is met.
    Harvester’s Necessary Duty [0/50 Glory] - Building on the last Ritual, this one further improves the ability to preserve the fragile organs… and to seek out particularly fine cuts.
    Gain and additional 1d6 bonus Skillcore drops after combat - and a chance of finding advanced cores.
    Luck’s Fickler Gaze [5/50 Glory] - Building on the last Ritual, further binds luck into the very veins and nerves of the wielder - rendering them able to turn particularly bad luck particularly good..
    Reroll Combat and Conflict rolls on a 2 - on a 1, reroll with +10.
    Monsterist’s Beastly Hunger [0/50 Glory] - Building on the last Ritual, this one further infuses the Horde with the beneficial aspects of high Monsterism. In this case, it triggers the freakish regeneration inherent to all such creatures, though constrained and purified by the Ritual's code.
    If 100 is rolled naturally, gain 1 HP, roll again and add the result. If at full health, the next highest roller gains the HP.
    One Million Drops of Boiling Blood [0/70 Glory] - Recently freed from an Old Guy Vault, this Ritual unlocks the tiny sparks of Esprit lingering in all who fight and fear and kill.
    Horde members may sacrifice one HP to roll an additional 1d100. This can be done multiple times, though each will cause a stigma on your body. It is entirely possible to kill yourself using it - your action will trigger prior to death. Mooks CAN use this, but generally won’t.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Pythag
HP: (3) of (3)
Skills:
* Math (using)
* Headshotting (available)
* Fearlessness (available)
Equipment:
* Armor (+5)
* Iron Shield
* Bowharp
* Arrow Flatpack
Cosmetics
* Nail and Fist Token
Glory: 11>12
Ritual Glory: 1

With his Fearlessness core still warm from the fight, Pythag approaches one of the wandering boars. The feral ones. Staring it down, he engages the large swine in a battle of wills. Making liberal use of his armor and shield to protect his softer bits from the tusks and hungry mouth, eventually he wears the beast down enough to perch upon its back.

Free Loot Roll: Feral Boar Mount - 1d100 = 87

Riding the beast while still thinking what to name it, he sauntered over to the discarded Honor skillcore, claiming it for the Knights. He hoped he might still resonate in this war and be able to make use of it himself, but worst case it would have a good home somewhere in the squad.

Free Skillcore Roll: Honor - 1d100 = 78

super sweet best pal posted:

One point of glory and a share of the boar to people who agree to work on turning the horde's bowharps into crossbows.

Later, he applied some mathematical tweaks to Portha's crossbow plans, jumping into motion to help assist.

Downtime Action: Assist Portha with Crossbow blueprints: 1d100+22 = 90 Miscounted the glory add, should only by an 89 total

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 1, 2018

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
/// Cosmetic Items: ///
Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry, Listening(+30), Night Vision
Glory: 11

Task Manager posted:

Having found Captain Noggins alive and well, but in no mood to talk, Gabber quickly set out to begin his guard duty as ordered. By the time he was ready to get started he had noticed several of the prized warbeasts were corralled back up and ready for the claiming. As he walked among them he saw several fine beasts, but knew he had found the perfect match when he came upon a sturdy looking Charger clad in heavy, sturdy armor. It was clear the animal was used to bearing a heavy load, and whatever beast he claimed would surely need to be able to with his Heavyweight Plate. Grabbing the reigns and hefting himself up into position in the saddle, suddenly Gabber had found the missing piece of the puzzle he never realized had been gone in the first place. It felt good on that horse. drat good.

Setting off at a gallop, Gabber began patrolling the outskirts of town, getting a handle on his mount while trying to mimic the imposing figure of the knight from old stories.

Claim an Armored Charger - Free Loot: 1d100 41

Part 2

It was rough goings at first; the Mimic had never actually ridden a horse before. Trying to learn how to use the reigns and guide his warbeast took a bit of trial and error. While he did manage to get the animal to patrol the outskirts for a bit, it was clear that it knew Gabber had little idea how to actually command it correctly. It was likely the beast had been trained through spoken command, for the most part, and when Gabber's futile tugs at the reigns were followed up with silence, the horse decided to take things under his own initiative. After about a half hour of patrol, it begin wandering back to town at its own leisure, ignoring any further attempts to spur it onward. It cantered towards the nearest watering trough, drinking deep. It seemed done with attempting to listen to Gabber for the moment.

With a sigh, Gabber hopped down and waited patiently as he drank his fill. This is going to be more difficult than I thought. As the beast drank, Gabber began searching the saddlebags and packs loaded onto the horse's flanks. He hadn't really checked anything before hopping in the saddle, which was foolish. Fishing around inside the packs on his left, he managed to find some oats, which he quickly offered up to his new companion. Stopping his drinking for a moment and giving a tentative sniff, he soon began devouring the feed in record speed. Finished with that handful, he began nudging Gabber for more. Checking the right saddlebag, Gabber's fist hit something far more solid. What was that?

Reaching deeper into the bag, Gabber suddenly found a....

Does Gabber Find a Knightly Blade?: 1d100+11 36

(Probably not.)

quote:

Actions for this Round:

Free Skillcore: Claiming Riding Skillcore: 1d100 92 ---> Giving it to Hob

Give Magda 4 glory to upgrade Hob's Armor to +2

Feed 4 glory to Hob's Crimsonwing caterpillar

Free Loot: Claim an Armored Charger - Free Loot: 1d100 41

Action: Rolling for More Loot - Does Gabber Find a Knightly Blade?: 1d100+11 36

***If three people don't claim a Knightly Blade by Downtime being over, Gabber will take one himself. I'm trying to claim it with a roll, not my free action, so if others take the free action I move down the list. If 3 people do, then maybe I'll see what's left of the +3 weapons and take one of those. Otherwise, I'll see if a 36 (haha) is good enough to find an extra.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 1, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

He pulled out Jaune's Helmet, that he'd Freely Claimed when he'd had the opportunity, and dusted the brim. Hmm, it might work, or he might need to ask Hat to dapper it up at a future juncture.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+15), Cursing
Glory: 10

Grumbus was pleased when Gado approached him with a scarf. Everyone else in the Siege Team had one and Grumbus had be struggling with night chills lately anyway. He thanked the digger warmly and hurried off to do some looting. The plaguebearer had a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it in, so he swooped in and nicked a pack animal and one of Juane's skillcores.

Free Loot: Plodder
Patience +25: 1d100 88

He stroked his Plodder's mane lovingly as he lead it around Oxnyard. Between all the animals and the manufacturing going on, this town was practically a cornucopia of filth! This place was perfect to make the diseased ammo the Siegeboss had asked for! Grumbus gathered some splintery old barrels, some industrial sealant, and an old cauldron.

He set up the cauldron in an out of the way spot and got to cooking. He threw in dung from his sack, samples from the animals too sickly to be of any use, industrial runoff, and a few other goodies he picked up in town. As he stirred the pot, Grumbus caught a whiff of the Horse Tree, causing him to throw up instantly. He briefly considered using bits from it, but he remembered what happened in Nägel too well. Terrible idea. Once the resultant sludge was to his liking, Grumbus emptied the mixture into the barrels he had gathered earlier. The sealant he had used seemed to be holding. Good, it wouldn't do to have them leaking everywhere.

Spreading Disease to Craft Sludge Ammo for the Onager: 1d100+25 41 I could probably use some help here.

Actions posted:

Free Loot: Plodder: 1d100 91
Free Skillcore: Patience +25: 1d100 88
Action: Spreading Disease to Craft Sludge Ammo for the Onager: 1d100+25 41
Misc: Spending 4 glory to upgrade The Bag, Spending 5 glory on a Boomstick

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Sometime later, at the first official Captains Meeting.

"Splut, Noggins, Stårn,Thank you all for coming. First, the bad news. The Infected horse is dead. Second, the good news. This doesn't matter. Öxnyard is ripe with other horses, and infected or not this forgery will admit at least one Unexpectable into Noostra. Two if the Neötype Squad can get the new Infiltration Suit ready in time, if we manage to talk some sense into Grimpner. This would be the time to raise any questions or offer any input on Our Way Forward."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
(Also a +1 Steel Chair weapon)

Name: Dack
Skills: A̵̕t̷͢͡͏̡h̷͟͡͏ļ̵̶̧̀ę̷̢͡t̨̧͘i̵̕҉̴͡c̢͘͜͠s͏̨́̕, Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟, Laughing +25
HP: 1
Glory: 23>19(buying another Shield)>20

Before Dack could even process what had happened to him, the battle was over and he was freed from his coffin. That could have gone much better, but without Hob's shield and Ringo's last-second save, it could also have ended with Dack's death. Not really feeling like laughing anymore, Dack halfheartedly joins the normal looting festivities. Upon overhearing rumors that two of Jaune's cores were corrupted, however, the Wendigo immediately pushes through the crowd to see for himself.

Looting E̸n͜҉̛͡ģ̛̕i̡̕͟͡͠n̢͘͢e̶͝e̵̵̡͢ŗ̕͏í̶̧͞͡n҉̴̢́̕g̷̛͢: 90

It wasn't possible for him to take on another skillcore, obviously, but he felt like it was important to prevent another Gado situation from happening. Maybe once Grimper had healed enough to be able to Brand the infected again, then Dack could hand it over to any future applicants to the Neötype Squad.

But that was enough worrying about the future, now Dack needed to focus on himself. First things first, he needed to replace his shield. Both Hob and Ringo had gotten hurt for his sake, so it would be unthinkable for Dack to just throw his life away by heading into Noostra without any protection. Handing over the Glory tokens, Dack reached over to one of the shields on the ground (did someone knock it off the shelf?) when suddenly it moved. Blinking, Dack reached out for the shield again, and again it started to move, but this time Dack caught it, and lifted the shield up to reveal...

...oh. Not wanting to risk angering Magda by wasting time in her shop, Dack quickly takes the shield and the boarlet before leaving. Strangely, the pig did not raise a fuss at being carried by a Wendigo, and in fact seemed...happy? It became even happier when Dack placed his shield on his back, and the boarlet on top. Grimper probably wouldn't approve of keeping pets that can't fight, but Dack didn't really care. Instead, he looked around for some spare materials and tried his clawed hand at fashioning a tiny harness to keep the little boarlet in place when he moved around.

Fashion a harness to keep Boarlet in place: 1d500+19 181

Dack's not a craftstöan, but this should be good enough to keep his new little friend safe even while Dack sprints. Hopefully. Now he just needed to name the pig...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Infiltrator Captain

At the Captain's Meeting.

He gave Captain Snödis a deadpan look, and commented,

"We are planning to proceed with a regular mount, yes, in addition to my own infiltration as the Craic persona and a few other possibilities. We are aware that the horse is dead, Hob evidently having ridden it in an attack on the enemy Commander. He sought me out for advice during the battle, I advised him to focus on killing the enemy or to get the enemy to kill themselves rather than obsess over the horse. He was apparently able to corrupt the commander, which could have potentially have made her even more nightmarish to face. My question to you, Captain Snodis, as this pertains directly to your squad and their actions, where are the remains of the corrupted horse, and what is being done with it? This is a matter of some urgency."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

"Ah, yes. It is being 'taken care of' - I put Trinh to the task, as she is the premiere taxidermist in our Squadron. We will be investigating wether or not the remains can be salvaged for friendingo-armour, it being unsuited for non-neötype purposes. If it proves to be too dangerous, we will dispose of it properly, you have my wörd."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

"Then so be it, Captain. I accept your word and consider the matter under control and in your hands. Now, onto future plans. Some or all of the Infiltrators sneaking into Noostra ahead of the main force by various means of subterfuge, the horse plan, flowing in with the refugees. Once we're in, our primary objective remains much the same: Assist the horde in breaking down the gate and breaching the city. Captain Stårn, how best can we assist in siege operations from the inside?"

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

HP:3

Glory:2

Skills:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Wrestling(?)

Part 2
Skronk continued his search for an axe. There has to be one just lying around.

Looking for a Knightly Axe:66 (Success?)

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Name: Trinh
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping, Dodging(+25, cooldown)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 26 -> 27 -> 22 -> 12
Ritual Glory: 3 -> 0

".
Ḑ̶̩̺̬̩͈̮̃̂̇͋̀̊̀̇̑I̴͚̺̞̭̦̗̞̒̋͂̽̒̈́͘Ẹ̡̤̦̅̓̑̊͂̂͋̀̇̋͢.. ..D̸̛̦̺͕̘̦̓̈̃̂̌̃̈́̇İ̧̢̛̲͓̣̬̼͕̠͑͗̎̈́̋͘͟͡͞E͓̰̞̳̹̠̞͖̩̾̄̅̂͌̉̂̍ Ḋ̡̧̺̼͓̬͈͗̊͛͢͝͝I̶͕͔̦̜̺̦̗̠͆͗̃̈́̃E̷͇͍̫̻̜̠͒̂̒̓̈̀͢!̴̗̪̜̻͙̈́̎́̏͗͟!̷̳̜̳͙̹̰̜̒͂͑̐͜͡
" They just kept coming, and Trinh kept slashing. The endless battle was wearing her down but she couldn't be happier. She'd been afraid but now she realized that was pointless. There was no reason for fear. She could kill anyone that looked at her wrong. God forbid some idiot tried to talk down at her. Hahahaa, let them try. .
D̯͙̮̞̻͙̜̗͖̤̀̌̉̊͐̚͝I̸̢̡̨̙͎̿̀̊͂͑̿̔̕͜E̯̟̘͙̙͔̾͑͂̉̄͒̉!̘̝͍͖̹͍͚͔̀̈͆̐̎͋́̀͡!̵͍̦̖̜̞̰͖͓̇̽̒̑̉͘

Trinh panted in exhaustion. She couldn't even stand without leaning against the... She raised her head. Before her was nothing but one of the support pillars of Jaune's barn. The wooden post was riddled with endless claw marks and almost whittled in two. She looked around her, nobody near.

--

The others seemed to be gathered over there. Trinh took a slight detour around Öxnyard before joining them. She really needed a moment to cool her head. The accursed headache hadn't gone anywhere. Corpses littered the roads of the settlement. Wait, wasn't this where the initial battle had taken place? She stepped over the fallen horses and knights, and sure enough, there were familiar faces among the dead. Not really people she knew by name but one of them was wearing a medic's outfit, and something about her catched Trinh's attention.

That's a nice knife.

Free Loot: Doc's scalpel: 1d100 11

She took it on a test run by disassembling a bunch of the dead, and aha, what's this?

Loot Jumping core: 1d100 15

One of the dead mooks had this didn't they?

--

The horde's voices were getting close. By all means it was time for celebrating but Trinh couldn't quite get in the mood. Something weighted on her, and she couldn't figure out what. She reached into her pocket, took out and uncorked her bottle of Mushbrewm. It smelled great, Neebs and Sucy had really surprised her with this. Yeah. "..." No. This wasn't the time to get sloshed. She was already losing her grip on reality without any outside help. "Hey, you there, free drinks." She shoved the bottle into the hands of the first person she came across.

We're in dire need of heals so I'm giving away my mushbrewm for the first taker. If no one takes it I'll pour it down some mook's throat.

--

Eventually Bamboo found Trinh sitting by herself, staring into a campfire.

quote:

“Trinh, thank you for your offer during the battle; I’ll be honest, this Monsterism and the Wendigo ‘condition’ frightens me, more than a little. Still, you offered a way out when all I saw was death and despair, and your words have not gone unnoticed.”

Oh, that's the, whatshername? Balsa or something? "Its no big deal." She tiredly waved with her hand. "We're in this together aren't we." She was too lost in thought to really respond in depth. No, argh. She sighed heavily. "...Thanks for coming over. Could you tell the captain I'm all right. I just need a moment to calm down." Once she left Trinh was left alone once more. "A way out..."

Then came Hob. Something about a horse? But wait, that's not right... Wasn't Hob a- wasnͦ҉̯̟̭̳̼͔͈'t hob aͫ́̉́ͧ͞l̩̺̈́͟so a... also- a w-wwẉ̪̻͂ͫ̽͛w̅ͭ̍͏̸̖͢w̵͔̘̹͇͙̱̣̰͗ͦͨ̓̎͠w̆ͣ̈̈́̃ͫͯ̑ͫ̀͏̗̥͇́w̡̛̺̩͈̳̗̮͛͟. w̛̭̖̭͖̣̝̼̍̄́̎̋̃̐͢͞-̷̯̙̣̙̘̝̯͗̒̅̀̉̉͜͟͢͝-̸̞͍͕̪͍̅̆̉̀̚̕͘w̭̟͉͈͓͙̅͐̋̿͌ͅ-̡̨͈̠̣͉͖̳̈́̍͒͋͐́̍͞w̶̪̪͕̳̝̪͍̮͗̓̿̒̎͜͞-̴̼̯͍̗̤̻̥́̌̊́̀̃̇͢w̵̛̬̠̰̜͚̝̐̿͒̑̎͌̀͡͡w̸͈̜̩̣͍̜͊̅̂̓͘w̸͔̻̰͖̩̓̌̊̌͐͜͠͡

Trinh slapped herself in the face. Damnit, this wasn't the time to be spacing out. That's right, the horse! "Tell captain I'm on it." She got up and marched out into the woods.
Of course! That was what had been bothering her. She'd left a piece unfinished. Just a small poke? That wasn't the way of an artist! She cackled in satisfaction. But now it would be all right. She could feel the poor being calling out to her, begging to be made whole.

My plan is, get the horse and make it into something wearable. Snödis' roll should probably be added here?

Finish The Job: 1d500+50+10+11 244

If this is a fight then the weapon would also apply, making the final roll: 246

--

ACTIONS posted:

Action: Finish The Job.

• Free Loot:
Claiming Doc's Malpractice to replace my knife.

Skillcore: Loot Jumping core: 1d100 15

• Giving away mushbrew for the first taker. I'll just pour it down some mook's throat if no one grabs it.

• Giving 3 ritual glory + 5 glory = 8 glory for Luck’s Fickler Gaze.

Storytime vote: Cornichon the East Wind

• I'm buying Red and Blue Goop and trading them to Gado for a Lucky Pearl!

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 2, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Nothing clever or fun to add here, but here's the Resonations from the battle!

Starn’s Siege Weapons has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Gigs’ Triangulation has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Pythag's Fearlessness has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Qwag's Amputation has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Waesh’s Skillcores have Resonated - decide whether to keep Piracy or Yelling. The one you choose rises to +20, and the other vanishes, freeing up the slot. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Hat's Backflips has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Bamboo’s Skillcores have Resonated - decide whether to keep Poor Decision Making or Interior Decorating. The one you choose rises to +20, and the other vanishes, freeing up the slot. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Rik's Guitar Solos has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Neeb’s Drinking has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +20. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Biggo's Punching has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Mookay's Blandness has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Brumble's Taking has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Jo's Impatience has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also. He remembers a little about before... Nailbound penalty decreases to -9.
Portha's Imagining has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Hob's Contortion has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Marra's Timing has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Gryph's Medicine has Self-Resonated - it increases in power to +15. Cooldown is refreshed, also.
Verika’s Skillcores have Resonated - decide whether to keep Perception or Keen Sight. The one you choose rises to +30, and the other vanishes, freeing up the slot. Cooldown is refreshed, also.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 2, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

"Stop. Stop. Hold on a minute. This isn't something that's going to get glossed over here. Infected horse? I get the gist of the infiltration plan, that's fine, that's not my area of expertise. But are you telling me," Noggins turned to Snödis and leaned forward, both hands pressed down on the table "That you took a horse, infected the horse with wendigoism, and you were planning to unleash the thing on innocent loving people? What the hell were you thinking? What was the plan? Turn Noostra into a goddamn nightmare of corpses and unbranded wendigoes, that we would be marching into?" Noggins slammed her gauntleted hands down onto the table in frustration, then paused, visibly struggling to contain her righteous anger at her fellow captain.

"You are lucky that that plan fell through. We could have Grumbus take a swim in their water supply for a week, and it still wouldn't be a tenth of the atrocity that you would have made, and Hordemate or no, I would have made drat sure you faced the consequences for what you'd done. But fine. The horse is going to be dead, or I will know why. There's bigger problems right now than the fact I'll never be able to trust you again. Like keeping everyone alive."

"I'll be honest. I don't think this a battle we can win. Not straight up. We've beaten the odds before, but we all know that Noostra's different. It's too drat big for us to take. We just don't have the töpower. I'm sorry, Stårn, but I don't think we're going to be making a proper siege out of this one. I think we have to get in, get to the Thumbscrew, and get out as fast as we possibly can. The big thing the Infiltration team can do is get us a route planned ahead of time, so we're not wasting time trying to figure out where we're going. Pick the gate we're going in, find the best way to reach the Thumbscrew, pick the gate we leave by. After that, I would say anything you can do to weaken the actual gate so we aren't stuck outside. After that, anything that can possibly slow down their response. Once they get their act together, our time is basically up, as far as I'm concerned."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

"This is war, Captain Noggins. Not some Knightly Romance Novel. We have done worse against them before, and they have done worse against us to. Or have you already forgotten the travesties at Nägel? The Inhabitancy Project? Their plans for genocide and poor Queen Reina?

The horse was to be used in a decapitation strike against the Noostran Officers Corps. I have no doubt they would have eradicated the creature before it could pose any real danger, but the shock of it would have been enough to let us get in and out without casualties on our side. I consulted with Captain Splut beforehand, who had some reservations about the vector, but ultimately agreed with the keystones of the plan, namely, infiltration - which is the only thing that will keep any of us alive if Grimpner continues to push the Horde like this."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/2
Glory: 36 + 1 (Story Glory) > 37
Skills:
Virtuoso (+10) [READY]
Interior Decorating (+20) [READY]

-[Oxnyard]-

Bamboo keeps Interior Decorating as the resonated skill-core.

Trinh posted:

We're in dire need of heals so I'm giving away my mushbrewm for the first taker. If no one takes it I’ll pour it down some mook's throat.

Bamboo took the offered bottle of mushbrewm from Trinh, and with a nod of thanks, drained it with a shudder . . .

Drinking a second Mushbrewm: 1d4 1

Nope. She was still a ’shine’ girl.

Trinh posted:

Oh, that's the, whatshername? Balsa or something? "Its no big deal." She tiredly waved with her hand. "We're in this together aren't we." She was too lost in thought to really respond in depth. No, argh. She sighed heavily. "...Thanks for coming over. Could you tell the captain I'm all right. I just need a moment to calm down." Once she left Trinh was left alone once more. "A way out..."

“I’ll tell Snödis where you are, Trinh. Try to get some rest, call if you'd like someone to share a fire with.”

Bamboo knew better than to stick around; the lady needed her privacy, by the Queen, she’s been in the mind-state herself in the very recent past. Still, it wouldn’t be good for Trinh to stay by herself for the rest of the night.

She set out to find Snödis

As tents go, the Captains didn’t pick a bad one to hold their meeting. Still, tents weren’t very sound proof, or light proof for that matter. Bamboo heard ever word uttered, and saw where everyone was inside.

”Such lousy field-craft”, Bamboo chided quietly to herself, “Its a good thing The Pawns aren’t hunting this lot, most of us earned our names on head-hunting missions like this.”

Snödis’s silhouette was unmistakable; Bamboo stealthily approached the tent, until mere feet and a layer of canvas separated them.

”Captain Snödis, this is your personal Guardian Angel, courtesy of the Queen, may she rest in peace. Trinh sends her regards, and, you might want to look in on her, winding down from battle can be a rough affair.

Infiltration is likely the best course of action, and, I have it on good authority that there are always dark, secret, little known ways to get into an otherwise impregnable location. Let it be known who will make the attempt into Noostra, and someone with experience in these matters will join them

One more thing, you might want to put that light out. It would be a shame if a dozen or two feathered shafts where to take out all the Captains while they huddle in a tent.”

With that, Bamboo was gone without waiting for a response.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Cosmetic Items:
Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales (+15) (used this turn), Drinking (+20)
HP: 1/3
Glory: 6 + 1 posting glory => 7

While expertly nursing the last of her mushbrèwm, the coffin started falling apart around her. Well...that would work. She she gulped down the rest of the drink; she might need to be moving pretty quickly once she was freed. First order of business when she was free enough to reach her feet; she leaned down and pulled the nails out. Painful, but it had to be done if she didn't want to become a cripple. She decided to keep them.

She took a short look around the battlefield, there were boards and nails strewn about everywhere, but no signs of battle. Jaune really should have thought about purchasing a Wonderbrüm...this place was even more of a mess than before. Neebs assumed she'd hear all about what had happened from the stories near the campfire, later. The horde had started looting, so the battle must be over. That was...a relief.

The horde had come to Oxnyard for mounts, and Neebs feet were in no shape for extended marching. She wandered over to where a number of mooks had corralled some captured animals. Fewer animals than you would think remained. She used her free looting action to befriend one of the Docile Warboars Loot roll for docile warboar: 1d100ro1e100! 33. Unless her feet healed quickly, she'd need some assistance moving with the horde.

It also looked like Doc had died. Gryph was pulling her armor off. That wasn't good for the horde; not Gryph looting the armor, that was fine...that Doc was dead wasn't good. Neebs limped over to him, helped him pull the armor off, then made an attempt to Loot Doc's +15 Surgery skillcore: 1d100ro1e100! 45.

The rest of the battlefield didn't really interest her. She made her way back to the camp.

The battle had at least given her an idea of what to do for the night's entertainment. With this many people wounded, the horde would definitely need some entertainment to lift spirits.

Neebs threw together a sales-pitch about the wonders of Jaune's coffins. Like a regular bed, but protected from the elements on all sides. Quiet as a crypt; perfect for those easily woken. Expertly designed to allow drink nursing...she dared someone to ask her just how she knew! Why, it was even a weak stay for monsterism. As long as you had some soil from the home-country at the bottom; it practically put vampires monsterists in a state of hibernation. Which made it an even better bed! It was mobile too...at least, compared to a regular bed. Why, you'd be a fool NOT to want one of these fine coffins for your own. Some assembly required, these days; but a worthwhile amount of time spent. Why...building your crafting skills by putting together one of these coffins was a bonus, if she could say so. Why look, one of the nailbound, was even right now building his own coffin! So easy, even a nailbound can do it! ...etc...etc...etc...
Healing the horde's spirits with an entertaining coffin sales pitch: (1d100ro1e100)+6! 39 + 15 for sales skillcore = 54

Edit: Added loot roll for Docile Warboar. Added reference to Jó building a coffin.

Half-wit fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

"'Some reservations about the vector' is putting it mildly, Captain Snödis. Nonetheless, that particular debate is now moot. As for considering Noostra unwinnable... that is something we do not have the luxury to think. It is a failure of imagination and of duty. It will be horrendously difficult. We will lose people, quite possibly more people than during our previous clashes combined, perhaps to the extent that this table might be emptied. But it can, will and must be done, with an absolute preference for minimising our casualties. "

At Bamboo's intrusion and implied threats, the Infiltrator Captain's ire was raised. He stepped out and blocked off any easy retreat to say,

"Either go to Grimper and make your 'pawns', was it? happen, or stop maintaining delusions of their relevancy. I have received word that, during the battle, you literally stopped fighting, collapsed to your knees and beseeched the heavens for aid: Conduct that cowardly should never be tolerated. When you fear for your life, the only cure is to give that fear to the enemy, make them fear for theirs more. Deaths, even our deaths, are unfortunate, but depleting the fighting capabilities of the horde mid battle to cater to the fears of one hordeling is borderline criminal. See it doesn't happen again."

He then let her on her way.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 2, 2018