Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

projecthalaxy posted:

A question about moves. We have all discussed to death our favorite moves and finishers. But heres a question. Whats your favorite component of a move? For me it is rope walks. I dont care if its Old School, Xavier Woods's rope walk splash, that thing Hakushi did where he would just walk the rope for no reason, basically if you incorporate a rope walk into anything, its my favorite. How about you. Do pumphandle setups irrationally excite you? Are you a triple jump mark?
The stalling portion of Goldberg's Jackhammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

For movechat, I love it when there's like a transitonal move setup sorta thing. Stuff like when Rollins will just barely get out of a move in such a way that it sets the other guy up for the donkey kick he does. The little things like that really sell it as being part of a fight to me.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Super fast go behinds, like for a german suplex, or how Minoru Suzuki sometimes grabs the sleeper.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A good landing off a dropkick (Bob Holly and Okada come to mind)

A bunch of ppl hate this but I loved RVD selling his own finish

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This is kind of weird and conceptual but I like it when a move comes out of nowhere from a chain wrestling sequence, or even just out of a simple wristlock or other transition hold. Even if it's just like hooking the arm to transition into a neckbreaker.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 1, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like when people get a reeeeaaaal deep squat and extension on a frog splash

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This is kind of an edge case but, blocked lariats and other strikes. Not the thing where you catch the arm and throw a punch back though, the thing where a guy clotheslines the lariat away or brings up both forearms to block an enziguri.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A spot that I don’t think has ever been done but which would own super hard imo is this:

A long series of pinfall reversals, ended when the heel pokes the babyface in the eyes and then goes for a cocky foot-on-the-chest pin (which would get a zero or one count)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

remusclaw posted:

This is kind of an edge case but, blocked lariats and other strikes. Not the thing where you catch the arm and throw a punch back though, the thing where a guy clotheslines the lariat away or brings up both forearms to block an enziguri.

Hell yeah blocking strikes with strikes rules

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I just like moves where there's a big setup so the crowd can properly go "Oh poo poo death is impending." Seth's bucklebomb into the Curb Stomp was good for this when it existed.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Imploding(when the guy is facing outside instead of at his opponent) high flying moves and high flying moves to an opponent who's laying on his stomach instead of his back.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DeathChicken posted:

I just like moves where there's a big setup so the crowd can properly go "Oh poo poo death is impending." Seth's bucklebomb into the Curb Stomp was good for this when it existed.
And by the same token, my least favourite thing is when I know exactly how a spot is going to play out, because they're setting up a move that I know isn't going to happen.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Jake slipping out of a body slam attempt into the DDT was nice.

Coaaab posted:

The stalling portion of Goldberg's Jackhammer

One match against The Giant/The Big Show he actually held the stall instead of just dropping him immediately.

:stare:

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

One match against The Giant/The Big Show he actually held the stall instead of just dropping him immediately.

That was always the best part about Goldberg: He came off as this incredibly powerful force of nature because by normal human standards, he really was an incredibly powerful force of nature.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Goldberg's mini-run with Brock. :yaycloud:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I love when a guy hits a big move, but he keeps a hold of the guy or rolls through or whatever. Basically, instead of hitting the finisher and going for the cover like you'd expect, it becomes clear that he's not done yet and he's gonna hit the move (or a different one) again.

Great examples of this:
- Cena rolling through for a second AA
- Jason Jordan rolling through after hitting a Northern Lights Suplex
- AJ hitting the Phenomenal Forearm and Styles Clash consecutively (He did Clash -> Forearm to Cena and Forearm -> Clash to Owens).
- Naito hitting the Destino on Okada, then going for the second one, but this one did not have a happy ending :(
- Naito in particular is just fantastic at stringing moves together quickly.

Probably my favorite example is Owens vs. Zayn where Zayn hit the Helluva Kick, was ABOUT to cover Owens, then stops. Looks at him, picks him up, puts him back on the corner and kicks him again.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ecavalli posted:

That was always the best part about Goldberg: He came off as this incredibly powerful force of nature because by normal human standards, he really was an incredibly powerful force of nature.

Goldberg was on The Grand Tour recently and he said that for his WWE comeback he was eating 15k-20k calories per day and training three times per day.

Which you know .. seems like a lot for a 50 year old man.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I always liked Rick Rude's slow and deliberate setup of the Rude Awakening, that made it look nastier and more devastating for some reason.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That reminds me of the time Rey Mysterio hit a top rope splash or something on Mark Henry, Henry just rolled through with it, up to his feet and World's Strongest Slammed him to death

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

VJeff posted:

I love when a guy hits a big move, but he keeps a hold of the guy or rolls through or whatever. Basically, instead of hitting the finisher and going for the cover like you'd expect, it becomes clear that he's not done yet and he's gonna hit the move (or a different one) again.

Great examples of this:
- Cena rolling through for a second AA
- Jason Jordan rolling through after hitting a Northern Lights Suplex
- AJ hitting the Phenomenal Forearm and Styles Clash consecutively (He did Clash -> Forearm to Cena and Forearm -> Clash to Owens).
- Naito hitting the Destino on Okada, then going for the second one, but this one did not have a happy ending :(
- Naito in particular is just fantastic at stringing moves together quickly.

Probably my favorite example is Owens vs. Zayn where Zayn hit the Helluva Kick, was ABOUT to cover Owens, then stops. Looks at him, picks him up, puts him back on the corner and kicks him again.

-Okada maintaining a hold on the guy's wrist after he rainmakers him, then drags him back up and crushes him with another one
-Tanahashi having to do two high fly flows or else it doesn't count

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

checksin posted:

-Okada maintaining a hold on the guy's wrist after he rainmakers him, then drags him back up and crushes him with another one
-Tanahashi having to do two high fly flows or else it doesn't count

Only two, what is this, a prelim tag match?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It is well known my favorite move is the casual right-in-front-of-the-ref eye poke. One of the greatest heel moves in wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64vHLuUkio

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Building up momentum by bouncing on the second rope for the Vader bomb

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It is well known my favorite move is the casual right-in-front-of-the-ref eye poke. One of the greatest heel moves in wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64vHLuUkio

Piper made it into an art form with the post-cover "What do you mean two?" hand gesture turning into a double eye poke.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I used to love the shoulder roll/flex Brock would do in his original run where he'd just shrug off an attack and clothesline his opponent into paste.

I call it the Brockle Snarl.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

I used to love the shoulder roll/flex Brock would do in his original run where he'd just shrug off an attack and clothesline his opponent into paste.

I call it the Brockle Snarl.

Best move in HCTP

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jerusalem posted:

Best Kofi spot is still the MITB at a Wrestlemania where he races straight up a ladder being held up by Mark Henry. Henry pulls the ladder away from Kofi, Kofi falls straight down... and is caught in midair by Henry who immediately hits him with The World's Strongest Slam. :hellyeah:

I looked that match up and :drat:, Kofi got some moves.

Also, does anyone have the link to that old ‘Worst shirts wrestling has to offer’ thread? That’s honestly how I learned about New Day, and by extension, their bizarre, cheerful chicanery.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sean10mm posted:

My favourite reversal ever has to be DDP turning the jackhammer into a cutter, completely seamlessly.

Aided by Schiavone losing his poo poo in his last great call ever.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Piper made it into an art form with the post-cover "What do you mean two?" hand gesture turning into a double eye poke.

Adrian Adonis sold piper's eye poke flawlessly. Like if you've ever actually been poked in the eye by something, you know how it is. At first you're like "what? what happen...OW!"

Honorable mention to ric flair walking straight into the extended fingers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hypothetical situation:
- Fatal Four Way championship match
- Double pin occurs
- The champion is one of the guys being pinned.

What happens to the championship.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

VJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation:
- Double pin occurs

The two winners face off for the title right then and there. RING THE BELL!!!!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jack Tunney vacates the title and holds a tournament for it with the two pinned people getting a bye

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
LU actually did this finish in a Gift of the Gods match with Pentagon and Son of Havoc getting simultaneous pins. They went one-on-one the next week in a LADDER MATCH to decide the champ.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

VJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation:
- Double pin occurs

WE'RE OUT OF TIME FIND OUT ON THUNDER!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

VJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation:
- Double pin occurs

Closest analog in WWE kayfabe would be Taker and Kane pinning Austin simultaneously (it was technically a triple threat match, but with Vince ordering Kane/Taker not to pin each other). The title was vacated and the Deadly Games tournament was set up, with Taker and Kane getting a bye into the second round. I am surprised the exact scenario you mentioned hasn't happened yet in WWE though!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
every time it happens in WWE they just restart the match, but it’s usually double submission rather than double pin (SummerSlam 2012/No Mercy 2016)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Minidust posted:

Closest analog in WWE kayfabe would be Taker and Kane pinning Austin simultaneously (it was technically a triple threat match, but with Vince ordering Kane/Taker not to pin each other). The title was vacated and the Deadly Games tournament was set up, with Taker and Kane getting a bye into the second round. I am surprised the exact scenario you mentioned hasn't happened yet in WWE though!

Worth noting is that Vince kayfabe planned on awarding the title to either Kane or UT the next night on RAW but they overheard him insulting them (I think? He might have just done it to their faces), and so the title was vacated.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think he came to the ring and literally called them pussies (or maybe that was another time)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

I think he came to the ring and literally called them pussies (or maybe that was another time)

I remember now. He was holding a ceremony to award the belt, Austin came in and beat his rear end, and since they got the title shot in the first place for being his bodyguards, he vacated the title instead of picking someone, then they kayfabe busted his leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember now. He was holding a ceremony to award the belt, Austin came in and beat his rear end, and since they got the title shot in the first place for being his bodyguards, he vacated the title instead of picking someone, then they kayfabe busted his leg
The Zamboni moment, IIRC.

DeathChicken posted:

The 09/05/1998 Raw. Which is the one I remember missing because it was on the rare Saturday.