Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

:effort:

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Titanic posted:

“Dear friends, the developer who spoke to you spoke in honesty after working here and being involved with our internal discussions about what will and will not be in the game. This honesty has been loving vanquished and I’d like to let you know that lies will commence again immediately. Yes, all of your dreams will absolutely come true. All of them. Everything Chris ever uttered is being worked on right now 24/7 by skilled professionals. Please ignore the idiot developers who dare to try to be honest with you because trust me, with all your trust, that everything you want is coming. Without a doubt.”

Correct, this confirms that the previous Dev was stupid. All our dreams will be fulfilled. Just not now or 3.1. But don't worry, dreams will be delivered some time in the future.

(Seriously though, I loved that they walked it back, but made sure to include "not in 3.0 or 3.1". Keep dreaming, it's coming)

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?
I don't have Facebook, pay cash for everything except when I go abroad, and collect Trade Dollars instead of Javelins.

I knew I was doing some things right.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Previously:

Taxxe Edit

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Man. People are never going to stop loving Vilerat's corpse are they.

Vilerat was a brave soldier who supported whatever thing I believe in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Where's Lando "developer" going "Well, I'm less of a developer than you might think!"

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

:nicemeltdown:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Drunk Theory posted:

Correct, this confirms that the previous Dev was stupid. All our dreams will be fulfilled. Just not now or 3.1. But don't worry, dreams will be delivered some time in the future.

(Seriously though, I loved that they walked it back, but made sure to include "not in 3.0 or 3.1". Keep dreaming, it's coming)

All the average refunder needs to do is mention "Zyloh" in their refund request ticket and it will get expedited.

How that loving buffoon is still on their payroll amazes me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol I can count on one hand the number of times I had a conversation with that dude that didn't end in him calling me some horrible name. I'm sad /r/ds is gone because it was insanely funny to go over there and pooptouch, but honestly, if it gets these dudes out of the house a little more it's probably for the best.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
oh god, beet, what happened to your avatar

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Nox posted:

Bitcoin lost 44% of it's value in January.

How can you lose 44% of "worthless"? (Actually, it has negative value but you get the idea)

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I hope you didn’t actually write all that and just cut and pasted random stuff end to end because I think I died around the third or fourth sentence. :chloe:
Well, I was having 350 dollar dinner with Chris that day. I asked him about gravity pipes. When I leaned in to try and make out his gutteral mumbling I was struck in the head by his wildly flailing arms and partially clipped into the table. As I lay unconscious, T-posing and vibrating, the Crobber let rip with an 8 hour diatribe on the nature of development and pledging and decided to :justpost:.

Or I did search-and-replace on good old galtse.txt. It created some amazing quasi-religious SC statements if you skim through it :v: I also learned that you can only fit 1/5th of the speech into a single post!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Omniblivion posted:

Why ? It's still a photo of his dog.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Omniblivion posted:

It's a football thing

https://streamable.com/filea

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Beet juice kitty was peak av imo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

Beet juice kitty was peak av imo

I'm sure it will come back around again.

gamey
May 17, 2009
https://youtu.be/RvG5yPub_Vc

Guys exlusive Star Citizn fottage right here. Now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

“Dear friends, the developer who spoke to you spoke in honesty after working here and being involved with our internal discussions about what will and will not be in the game. This honesty has been loving vanquished and I’d like to let you know that lies will commence again immediately. Yes, all of your dreams will absolutely come true. All of them. Everything Chris ever uttered is being worked on right now 24/7 by skilled professionals. Please ignore the idiot developers who dare to try to be honest with you because trust me, with all your trust, that everything you want is coming. Without a doubt.”

It's worse than that. FF to 40:15 where he promptly throws his devs under the bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMQH25mEMw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Every time Derek or MoMA gets one of their posts quoted by six or more people everyone who responded including the OP (Derek/MoMA) should get probated. This should be enacted immediately as it would improve the thread immensely. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Titanic posted:

Somebody find that link where Chris Roberts said only maybe Rockstar could maybe almost do as good as he can at developing a game.

Chris Roberts, so far ahead nobody could ever try to compete with him, except maybe Rockstar.

The dude is one step ahead of the game.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Whankers? Seriously? Jesus this Gremlich clown is obviously not a Brit or he would know that he had repeatedly, badly, mis-spelled "wankers". What an utter wanker.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Every time Derek or MoMA gets one of their posts quoted by six or more people everyone who responded including the OP (Derek/MoMA) should get probated. This should be enacted immediately as it would improve the thread immensely. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

I second the motion!

(to dismiss)

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Mu77ley posted:

Hate to break it to you but Facebook stopped being the "in thing" 10 years ago, now it's just populated by proles, their mums and Russian secret service agents pretending to be proles and their mums.

VealCutlet posted:

Holy loving poo poo what a burn.

Oh wait, you're a loving idiot. Also good job using FB soccer mom

:negative:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

trucutru posted:

How can you lose 44% of "worthless"? (Actually, it has negative value but you get the idea)

Sorry I was pressed for time:

Bitcoin has lost 44% of it's "value" in January. It lost another 13% today. The "Game" he loves is falling apart as historical debt* comes due.

Imagine if you were holding onto Ships and Bitcoins and watching them become worthless before your eyes. Imagine if you were MOMA.

better?

*MOMA I mean debt in the more metaphorical sense. You know promises they made they didn't intend to keep and other promises they had no ability to keep.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. FF to 40:15 where he promptly throws his devs under the bus.

Yes 5 years into the super late project lets start making jokes at the expense of our overworked staff, ha ha haaa Chris you loving joker

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
Very Cool!

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Galarox posted:

Whankers? Seriously? Jesus this Gremlich clown is obviously not a Brit or he would know that he had repeatedly, badly, mis-spelled "wankers". What an utter wanker.

I don't see anything whrong whith the whay he spelled that whord.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

I think we should probate anyone who tries to silence others because he/she themselves can't handle skipping a post or two.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
This is all about poo poo they did months ago for the SQ42 holiday bullshot.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Natron posted:

I don't see anything whrong whith the whay he spelled that whord.

Whell, I whill tell you that it's spelt all whrong.

e - actually - if some goon who is on :reddit: could go tell him he mis-spelt said word it could be amusing (if he reacts)

Galarox fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 2, 2018

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

I think we should probate anyone who tries to silence others because he/she themselves can't handle skipping a post or two.

I like snarky MoMA. He's almost as good as Angry MoMA for lols, but not as good as chill MoMA. Who is chilled. :discourse:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

lol. i love that the two options are

a) "get the answer right", or
b) "cause a forum storm.":

the only metric for a question being answered "correctly" is whether or not it makes the backers happy. facts are totally irrelevant when you need to placate the masses

Nov 24, 2014

Why does Derek link to his blogs instead of just posting the relevant info here?

Spatial posted:

I also learned that you can only fit 1/5th of the speech into a single post!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drunk Theory posted:

You okay MoMA? You're more shill and less chill today

And these are some really weak burns.

Feisty MoMa is the manic upswing.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

zcrow posted:

is anyone here from montreal? im moving there in a month or so and i need to know if its chill or not

It’s very chilly. So it has lots of chill. It’s also Canada, so you better learn how to say “eh” after everything, eh.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Thajks jobbo. You're good people.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

0%. What really gets up my rear end about this image is how, after deleting what appears to be an argument, or a short comment, he immediately lets go of the keyboard, checks out the camera, and repositions himself in his chair. Because that's the world of coding - every time you type a character or two, you have to take a rest and get the blood moving again.

I have a watch that reminds me to stand up every hour and sometimes I don’t feel it vibrate.

Also my keyboard is oddly placed so it’s underneath a desk and I can’t even see the keys I’m hitting but I somehow still manage to get by.

I guess this is why I’m not a code whisperer like good old golden fingers mc wavey. :sigh:

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

The Titanic posted:

It’s very chilly. So it has lots of chill. It’s also Canada, so you better learn how to say “eh” after everything, eh.

I'm of Finnish decent. Cold is good. Maybe less eh, and more "tabarnak".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

Also my keyboard is oddly placed so it’s underneath a desk and I can’t even see the keys I’m hitting but I somehow still manage to get by.

I'm such a nerd I type Dvorak on a standard keyboard. It's pretty great whenever anyone tries to jump on my computer.