Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I got dragon ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Orville posted:

I got dragon ball

Ohhhh good for you. Now get six more, then I'll be impressed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bob summoned shenron in a game we played today and I completely forgot that was a mechanic in this game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Bob summoned shenron in a game we played today and I completely forgot that was a mechanic in this game

What did he wish for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

What did he wish for

Brought a friend back to life but they come back with like...15% health. Shenron is running a racket

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
thats pretty shenwrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The immortality one and double spark are my go tos

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Brought a friend back to life but they come back with like...15% health. Shenron is running a racket

and then you immediately trounced me lmao that was hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shenron was probably so pissed that he went through the trouble of bringing Your friend back to life and then 14 seconds later Beerus kicked him in the shin and died again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Shenron was probably so pissed that he went through the trouble of bringing Your friend back to life and then 14 seconds later Beerus kicked him in the shin and died again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if shenron ever comes out it could only happen towards the end of a match, so it'd be hosed up if he revived someone at 50% or something because you essentially won a background slots game.

i really need to sit in practice and learn people since, if IT's girl buu is anything to go by theres a lot more to the game than relying on autocombos and the Yob Mash but theres 2 many games out.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bringing back someone at 15% still means you get an assist back which is very good in this game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

MVCI didn't even make it a week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've started getting ragequits if I end matches with a Level 3 Super so I've had to switch to doing multiple level 1s with a short enough animation that they can't alt-F4 out. This is true power

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also, look whos back

https://gfycat.com/NippyGlisteningAsianwaterbuffalo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1V-8ijzZqM

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I've started getting ragequits if I end matches with a Level 3 Super so I've had to switch to doing multiple level 1s with a short enough animation that they can't alt-F4 out. This is true power

I killed a guy's second to last character with raw Goku level 3, then did the exact same move on round start to kill his last guy before he activated sparking. He was still a good sport about it, as a gamer should be.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I run 16/Beerus/21

Cool. I’m trying Cell/Kid Buu/16 but I played Beerus for a bit and definitely want him on a second team

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I want to play just about everyone, though. There are too many cool characters in this game. And the fact that you can mostly get by with a variation of the generic combo and some of the system mechanics makes it tempting to dabble.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cursed Image

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That's a blessed image if I've ever seen one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you need to be really quick to see overheads and grabs coming, im getting my rear end kicked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Servers just went down for maintenance so hopefully their fixing all the broken Ring matches

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

extremebuff posted:

you need to be really quick to see overheads and grabs coming, im getting my rear end kicked

Dragon Rush is very fast when it's done close up. I saw some breakdown of it somewhere and you have something like 3-4 frames to input another dragon rush in order to tech in time when it's done point blank so it's not possible to react to it. You have to make a read. The universal overhead is pretty slow so reacting to that will come with time.

Another note with Dragon Rush is that you should always try and tech it by inputting your own Dragon Rush command. Even though you can tech it with any button, if you are in the startup of a move when Dragon Rush lands you won't be able to tech it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessClumsyPizzaDendiFace

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYn480INSAE

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

OH MY GODDD!! YESSS!! I LOVE THE NINJA TURTLES!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

evo lineup out: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/06/evo-2018-line-reveal-live-stream-starting-6-pm-pst/

tekken 7, xrd rev 2 and fighterz finals on sunday, but degenerate morons playing smash melee on sunday too. also mvci's a side tournament

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope sunday's schedule is like Melee -> Rev2 -> Tekken 7 -> DBFZ -> SFV so i can watch that middle block for 8 hours of bliss

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why are they even bothering with sfv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capcom and disney/espn pays them

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
level 20 ninga turtle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

lots of people play it and they still have the pro tour. and its a great game. #riseup

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

I don't enjoy playing it unless its with friends, but find the game really fun to watch still.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best part of sfv is it has exposed daigo as a fraud who loses to 8 year olds from dubai or whatever

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky Strong Style this weekend!! Good commentators, good players, and a good game!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky Strong Style this weekend!! Good commentators, good players, and a good game!

Top 16 just started and jimmy j tran beat saint. this whole weekend has been sick tekken

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JDCR is insane lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's epic that even the least funny people ever know that Aris is the funniest commentator of all time and do his moves.