Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jota posted:

I can't remember in Avengers 2 if Hulk being sent into space was on purpose by Tony and Natasha or not. I know Tony sent him into space in the comics but I feel like Avengers 2 was very forgettable.

No, Hulk ends up in a Quinn Jet that an Ultron was using to escape. He throws Ultron out and then Natasha tries to bring him back, but the last thing you see is the feed cutting. Since the jet was in stealth mode we don't know what happened to him. Thor 3 postulates that the Quinn jet went into space and fell into a wormhole dumping him on Sakaar.

In the comics, Richards, Stark, Strange, and maybe a few others (Pym for sure, maybe Xavier) send Banner up to repair a satellite, but when het gets up there they tell him Hulk is too dangerous so they are sending him to an isolated, but livable planet as an exile. On his way there, the ship falls into a wormhole and lands an Sakaar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

I even understand viewing parties for watching shows live. Like one of my friends has a weekly Game of Thrones party when new episodes air, but that makes sense. You get together, eat some food, watch an hour of TV, and then you have a group to talk about it, like a book club. But binge watching poo poo just seems like something I would rather do alone so people don't see my shame of not having moved for 7 hours straight.

I can't binge watch anything because I get bored of just sitting there after a while. If I'm going to sit in front of a screen for hours on end I'd rather be playing video games or posting my brains out.

My wife is an expert binge watcher though, I don't know how she does it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spoeank posted:

these delusional fuckers

The best are the bitcoin redditors purporting to be the responsible ones, blowing only the money they could afford to lose rather than investing in literally anything else.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

No, Hulk ends up in a Quinn Jet that an Ultron was using to escape. He throws Ultron out and then Natasha tries to bring him back, but the last thing you see is the feed cutting. Since the jet was in stealth mode we don't know what happened to him. Thor 3 postulates that the Quinn jet went into space and fell into a wormhole dumping him on Sakaar.

In the comics, Richards, Stark, Strange, and maybe a few others (Pym for sure, maybe Xavier) send Banner up to repair a satellite, but when het gets up there they tell him Hulk is too dangerous so they are sending him to an isolated, but livable planet as an exile. On his way there, the ship falls into a wormhole and lands an Sakaar.

What a bunch of assholes!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Rinaldo posted:

If it makes you feel better he finds happiness and a wife, they have a kid, only for the reactor on the ship to blow and kill nearly everyone he's come to care about including her and the kid

(He then comes back to Earth and absolutely fucks everyone up)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its Rinaldo posted:

Its actually a pivotal event that leads to the Civil War. It also explains why Hulk is absent from the Civil War in both MCU and comics, because the idea was whatever side Hulk was on (99% chance he is with Cap) would win.

The follow up, World War Hulk, is also really good and gives you the real scale of Hulk's powers.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
This two bills 30 for 30 is really good. You need a lunatic like Parcells to invent The Patriot Way and you need a lizard brain like belichick to refine it and perfect and make a system out of it. It's like Socrates and the guy who wrote all his poo poo down.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Comey/status/959197429156466689

:patriot:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

The best are the bitcoin redditors purporting to be the responsible ones, blowing only the money they could afford to lose rather than investing in literally anything else.

When it went from $20k to $10k there was a guy who bought three at $20k and was like IT WAS EITHER THIS OR A MERCEDES AND THOSE LOSE VALUE IMMEDIATELY SO GOOD CALL ON MY PART

You bought air. You bought nothing. You can drive a loving car dude.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Spoeank posted:

When it went from $20k to $10k there was a guy who bought three at $20k and was like IT WAS EITHER THIS OR A MERCEDES AND THOSE LOSE VALUE IMMEDIATELY SO GOOD CALL ON MY PART

You bought air. You bought nothing. You can drive a loving car dude.

Looks like he bought...a Fiat.

I'll show my way out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

186 posted:

I'll show my way out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

was world war hulk when he ripped wolverine in half

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

No, I don't think so because Hulk felt bad about the House of M aftermath and basically left the X-Men alone. Also, after looking it up Professor X wasn't included on the decision to exile Hulk.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

186 posted:

I'll show my way out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
that username lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bunch named after Hoover

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

186 posted:

I'll show my way out.

you motherfucker

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

he straight up called nunes a loving weasel and liar

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well he is

so I've been kind of half-assedly starting to learn to do woodworking. Last weekend my wife and I went to the White Elephant Sale (well actually the preview sale... nevermind it doesn't matter) in Oakland which is a warehouse the size of a city block filled with a rummage sale run by old ladies. It's awesome.

Anyhoo I went to the hardware section early and scored a few tools including a couple of planes. So I spent some time today trying to identify them, in particular one which doesn't have any manufacturer markings on it (it turns out it's a Union) and as part of that I wound up watching a couple of plane tune-up videos on Youtube.

Youtube helpfully connected my interest in Nick Offerman with my interest in tuning up woodworking tools and reminded me that Offerman is in a few random things like a guest spot on This Old House, a guest spot on Martha Stewart, etc. etc. and that led me to the best thing I've seen in a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9t5zJLIr0

This is Nick Offerman sitting by a crackling fire silently sipping Lagavullin for 45 minutes.

So I'm now sitting by the Internet silently sipping Lagavullin for the next 45 minutes, because of woodworking, and more generally, because this is what we men do. We eat meat, we grow thick full beards and moustaches, we make things with our hands, and we enjoy a delicious smokey aged whisky.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

If it makes you feel better he finds happiness and a wife, they have a kid, only for the reactor on the ship to blow and kill nearly everyone he's come to care about including her and the kid

(He then comes back to Earth and absolutely fucks everyone up)

My favorite bit of WWH was Hulk and Ghost Rider trying to out SSJ each other in their fight until Ghost Rider decided he had better things to do and Hulk had the moral right to start smashing everbody

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

well he is

so I've been kind of half-assedly starting to learn to do woodworking. Last weekend my wife and I went to the White Elephant Sale (well actually the preview sale... nevermind it doesn't matter) in Oakland which is a warehouse the size of a city block filled with a rummage sale run by old ladies. It's awesome.

Anyhoo I went to the hardware section early and scored a few tools including a couple of planes. So I spent some time today trying to identify them, in particular one which doesn't have any manufacturer markings on it (it turns out it's a Union) and as part of that I wound up watching a couple of plane tune-up videos on Youtube.

Youtube helpfully connected my interest in Nick Offerman with my interest in tuning up woodworking tools and reminded me that Offerman is in a few random things like a guest spot on This Old House, a guest spot on Martha Stewart, etc. etc. and that led me to the best thing I've seen in a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9t5zJLIr0

This is Nick Offerman sitting by a crackling fire silently sipping Lagavullin for 45 minutes.

So I'm now sitting by the Internet silently sipping Lagavullin for the next 45 minutes, because of woodworking, and more generally, because this is what we men do. We eat meat, we grow thick full beards and moustaches, we make things with our hands, and we enjoy a delicious smokey aged whisky.
My friends and I had the ten hour version on in the background during a night of heavy drinking and we could not figure out where the loop is. We suspect it is several sections that are interspliced before they loop.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 2, 2018

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That's usually one of the backgrounds we put on our TV during our Xmas party. One year we did the 10hrs of Darth Vader burning and crackling.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Thick full beards and moustaches?! Did you assume my facial hair abilities?!?!?!

:negative:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

That's Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine, which is a different universe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Thick full beards and moustaches?! Did you assume my facial hair abilities?!?!?!

:negative:

I did not even assume your manhood, friend. All gender identities are welcomed here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Altered carbon is super loving cool

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I spoke with someone about This Old House and he said they charge an astronomical amount to do the work and he was almost shaking with anger talking about it because of how they hosed up his friend's house and all the work they needed to do to fix it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I spoke with someone about This Old House and he said they charge an astronomical amount to do the work and he was almost shaking with anger talking about it because of how they hosed up his friend's house and all the work they needed to do to fix it

I have no trouble believing that Silva Brothers construction costs near the top end of any estimate for a job, but I’m going to need some corroboration on a fuckup so big a new crew had to fix it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skwirl posted:

That's Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine, which is a different universe.

Ultimate Hulk is the one that straight up eats people right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Altered carbon is super loving cool

Yeah? I got an email from Netflix naming it as a show I might like and thought about checking it out

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I always understood that they only use union tradesmen, which automatically inflates cost by a minimum of 30%. Don't know anything about their reputation for work quality, but the show always shows them performing work in a mix of old fashioned and modern techniques that was always attractive to me. Interesting to hear that their work sucks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

xcom is 20 bucks on steam

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

xcom is 20 bucks on steam

1 or 2

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is this game cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

is this game cool

Its the loving best

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Yea XC2 is v good and well worth $20

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I want to see these two fatties brawl

https://twitter.com/blacksbayless/status/959420236997931009

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10dlvzKmLU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

hah no poo poo I didn't realize the bad blood went that far back!

Let me modify my request...I'd like to see these two fatties brawl on live television while Ernie Johnson looks on in terror