Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

It'd help if it wasn't a tiny photo with a readable logo there

It's the photo from the dealer web site which does not have the option listed. My friend asked what it was and I was like "gently caress if I know."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So I haven't actually eaten any of the brisket I made last night, but I smell like it. All loving day I smelled like it. My whole office smells like it, and everyone else does now too.
Glorious.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I walked in the door about 30 minutes ago and when I checked my mailbox there was a white envelope bearing the logo of my employer. Considering that tax time is coming I thought maybe it was my T4 (Canuckistani W2) or something else important becuase my employer rarely sends out mail other than T4s (paystubs are emailed), and only if you don't pick it up at work.

Inside was a solitication promising me up to 30% off* home and auto insurance.

*Must drive at least 1000km in 100 days

I'm loving livid and am considering going in tomorrow, during my week off, to let HR know that I find this completely unacceptable.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Like, I get that it's a group insurance thing, ostensibly as part of my benefits package, though when I was given all the information about my benefits this particular bit was not included. I should not be finding out about it via a loving marketing letter.

Also, it's through Desjardins, and lol, I already know they won't insure 2/3rds of my fleet.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

If only I could fit in a fiesta. A cheap boosted hatch would be pretty sweet.

Have you tried one without the recaros? I fit in those and am bigger than you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Yeah, I'm 6' and hefty as gently caress (250 now oh god I was 220 in november) and with cloth seats I fit fine. The recaros I can fit....but oh god it's not comfy.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Phat Beefy.

I used to be in the same weight class. Went from 230 at 5'10" to 175. edit to add: was 230, quit smoking, ballooned to 250, then dropped the el bees

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 2, 2018

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I'm 6' and hefty as gently caress (250 now oh god I was 220 in november) and with cloth seats I fit fine. The recaros I can fit....but oh god it's not comfy.

I don't get this. I'm around 5' 8" 375lbs and can squeeze myself into a regular car type recaro seats (sport seats in a series 2 rx8 and whatever the option was on the brz) and be comfortable for an couple hours before it pinches my hips too much. Hell, I stopped by the local mazda dealership to see if I could fit in a new miata. I fit side to side well enough, but somehow I'm ~3 inches too tall (or my rear end is too big and pushes me taller). Granted, I didn't try adjusting the seat.

I know I'm generally smaller then other dudes the same weight as me but somehow I magically fit in stuff I shouldn't. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're a liquid and you take the shape of the container.

You can't squeeze the bone of a larger frame into the tighter seats.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

She and I have been together for 9 years so I doubt anything will happen between us.

Buuut there is definitely some poo poo brewing between one of my groomsmen and her bridesmaids so that should be fun.
*Rhyno and soon-to-be Mrs Rhyno at the altar. Church doors dramatically burst open. A clear duplicate of Mrs Rhyno appears in the doorway*

"STOP THE WEDDING, SHE IS MY EVIL DIMENSION VERSION!"

Rhyno: "It's alright, for I am the evil dimension Rhyno"

*Dramatic chords play*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't have a goatee.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nm posted:

You haven't seen me in over a year. I've put the weight back on. :( 263->210->260. :( ) Even so, its a packaging issue, not a pure size issue.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Maybe I'm just more determined to like tiny cars, but my 6'2" 230210lb self can fit into basically any driver's seat

I decided to lose some weight, and I can almost fit in most of my clothes

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I finally got to talk to the doctor about my shoulder today after getting an mri done. He seemed genuinely surprised I didn't tear my rotator cuff, just severely bruised it. He flat out said he would have bet money on it being torn after seeing me the first time. If in another 3 weeks I haven't fully healed, I need to go back and talk to him about physical therapy. So yay, I don't need to get chopped up again. I've got enough scars on that side of my body as is.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Elmnt80 posted:

I don't get this. I'm around 5' 8" 375lbs and can squeeze myself into a regular car type recaro seats (sport seats in a series 2 rx8 and whatever the option was on the brz) and be comfortable for an couple hours before it pinches my hips too much. Hell, I stopped by the local mazda dealership to see if I could fit in a new miata. I fit side to side well enough, but somehow I'm ~3 inches too tall (or my rear end is too big and pushes me taller). Granted, I didn't try adjusting the seat.

I know I'm generally smaller then other dudes the same weight as me but somehow I magically fit in stuff I shouldn't. :v:

The fiesta ST recaros are particularly tight.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, sports seats can be hella uncomfortable if you're fat, but that aside, a Fiesta cabin shouldn't be that bad.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, sports seats can be hella uncomfortable if you're fat, but that aside, a Fiesta cabin shouldn't be that bad.

I found the facelifted fiesta, including the ST, to be pretty reasonable. I drive non-St fiestas as rental cars pretty often (and have auto-xed an ST). It isn't as spacious as my 13 mazda 2. The pre-facelift fiesta didn't work for me, the center console interferes with my legs. I'm 6'4" though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

She and I have been together for 9 years so I doubt anything will happen between us.

How about rekindling an interest from 22 years ago? That counts, right? :ohdear:

I'm kinda hoping it motivates me to finally move to Austin, since this driving back and forth poo poo is racking up even more miles than doing delivery poo poo.

(I guess this is where I officially swap my gay card for a bi card, right? since I have a gf and all that poo poo... feels loving weird)

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Not going to jinx Rhyno, but I was with my fiancee for 9 years before we split up last February.

To be fair, his fiance has only tried to burn the place down once (so far). No word on rug burns in awhile, though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

(I guess this is where I officially swap my gay card for a bi card, right? since I have a gf and all that poo poo... feels loving weird)

STR has a giiiiiiiirl friend.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I don't have a goatee.

but future Mrs Rhyno does?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Sexuality is fluid?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Something, something, never have the right tool for the job.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

mariooncrack posted:

Sexuality is fluid?
Anyone who's done a teenager's laundry knows that.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Started to work on the landcruiser replacing the turbo tonight, Figured I'd try something different and throw the DSLR and laptop in the shed and tell it to take a photo every 5 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EupnwdhYhrM

Unfortunately I also found that my water pump gasket is leaking too. Its 35K kms old...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elmnt80 posted:

I physically fit in them, and could do short distances or a race or something. It's not the fat part that hurts, it's the fact that they legit dig the gently caress in at my hips, and my shoulders have no freedom to move.

I've fit in other Recaros just fine, but for some reason the FiST and FoST seats are misery. One of my friends is 6'4 and maybe 165, and he has the same complaint out of them.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

iwentdoodie posted:

I was 5'11" and 220lbs and the Recaros gave me nerve damage. No I am not joking. Other than that, they weren't uncomfortable once the side bolsters got broken in.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 2, 2018

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

New Roadkill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvlTF4jNOg

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Awesome. I liked watching them get the Mach 1 running and was a little disappointed I didn't get to see them driving it around.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Taking my bang sticks out to the desert and gonna shoot things this weekend, bought some new toys. Surprisingly the fiance wants to learn as well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Taking my bang sticks out to the desert and gonna shoot things this weekend, bought some new toys. Surprisingly the fiance wants to learn as well.
What's you get? My CCW class is Saturday. Yay not living in CCCPalifornia anymore.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ilkhan posted:

What's you get? My CCW class is Saturday. Yay not living in CCCPalifornia anymore.

I bought a Ruger SR1911 and a S&W M&P15 Sport 2

potato shots because i'm bad at phones (its really dark in my living room)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Anyone who's done a teenager's laundry knows that.

Ewwwwwwwww

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rhyno posted:

Ewwwwwwwww

Yeah....I made my kid start doing his own laundry real soon.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You can usually smell it before you put your hand in it lol

Edit - I don't mean sniff it eww

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

The fact that it took this forum is something if an issue in and of itself :v: but I'm happy for you either way.

And have popcorn at the ready.

Edit: also why the gently caress are Fiesta STs so cheap now? Dealer by me has 2 left over 17s for under 17k, both loaded but no recaros or sunroof. I'm so, so tempted.

Isn't the general consensus that the Recaro's are hard to live with day to day?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I bought a Ruger SR1911 and a S&W M&P15 Sport 2

potato shots because i'm bad at phones (its really dark in my living room)

Nice. My 1911 is a Springfield and my ARs we're both built from parts. 1911s are great to shoot, but expensive to feed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I ordered .45 from Brownells website and I got 300 rounds for like $80 shipped (there was a coupon)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ilkhan posted:

Nice. My 1911 is a Springfield and my ARs we're both built from parts. 1911s are great to shoot, but expensive to feed.

Yeah I got a little Ruger Single-6 .22 magnum for plinking. I love that pistol, dad got it for my birthday when I was like 11 or 12.

I've never owned a 1911 before but its pretty much on everyone's to-own bucket list so might as well.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Does anyone have advice on what to do with your phone in the car? My new one has apple car play but it has to be plugged in and it just seems "not right" to just have the iPhone plugged in laying out on the seat or stuck upside down in a cupholder

Edit: but wow being gable to have navigation on the big screen in a cheap car is pretty awesome

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

everdave posted:

Does anyone have advice on what to do with your phone in the car? My new one has apple car play but it has to be plugged in and it just seems "not right" to just have the iPhone plugged in laying out on the seat or stuck upside down in a cupholder

Edit: but wow being gable to have navigation on the big screen in a cheap car is pretty awesome

I have one of those magnet mounts that just slides over the slats in one of my vents next to the steering wheel. Keeps it out of the way but still easy to grab and go. It does mean you have to stick the included metal plate to your phone's case, though (I didn't care, but some might). It's also cool that if I'm going on a trip, I can just grab it before I leave and use it in whatever car I end up with (and it doubles as a phone stand).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

I have one of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JP0RTB4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It slots into the CD player and holds the phone nicely. But it doesn't work so well on the Miata. My fiance got me pop socket for Christmas and they make a dash mount. $15 either option.

https://www.amazon.com/PopSockets-E...ords=pop+socket
https://www.amazon.com/EVERMARKET-E...ocket+car+mount

• Locked thread