Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This reffing is incredibly stupid. I think Bama has 30 FTA and Mizzou has like 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
All things considered I feel like Bama gave that game away by being absolutely awful from the floor and the line, but :toot:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Still a ways to go but Arizona is on track for a rare blowout. I would point out that WSU is really small and not that great but that hasn't stopped Arizona from barely squeaking by, or outright losing before.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee has now beaten their past two opponents by 23 points each

:getin:

Vols bitch

Iowa State crushed WVU. That win last week looks better and better for Tennessee.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Texas nearly beat Tech with three players fouled in OT, but nope.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

UNM gave Utah State the scare of their life with only 5 players available due to injury and family emergencies.

I feel good about this team next year.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

handing Bama their first loss at home this year is a Good Thing, especially when it also gives Mizzou a big resume win going into the back half of the SEC schedule

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

Texas nearly beat Tech with three players fouled in OT, but nope.

That buzzer beater tho.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Wichita State is not as good this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this davidson kid on wisconsin sure is a wiener

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

would be cool if northwestern could ever hit a loving shot in the second half of a game, good thing wisconsin is trash

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

That buzzer beater tho.

Yeah, can't deny that was clutch as hell.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Notre Dame is a hollowed-out shell.

e: Oklahoma State :psyduck:

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 3, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ted Valentine is such a lovely ref

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

e: Oklahoma State :psyduck:

Kansas just hanging around, hanging around down ~10 all second half. I think we all know how this ends.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lol of course St. John's is making GBS threads their pants here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well I'll be damned. Nice job Cowboys.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Garbage.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Kansas just hanging around, hanging around down ~10 all second half. I think we all know how this ends.

not today, Satan

meanwhile, Duke's annual NY/NJ fan appreciation game is not going according to plan

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gus has to pace himself there. That sequence of back-to-back made threes was a dangerous level of enthusiasm in a, like, 10 second span

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Bagely clearly went over the back. Foul on St. John's. Lol

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Reed Nikko might be the worst big man at handling the ball down low and getting it to the rim quick enough to avoid being blocked 75% of the time.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RIP Duke

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahaha gently caress Duke

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

pubic works project posted:

Bagely clearly went over the back. Foul on St. John's. Lol

That was such a bullshit call.

Duke loses
Kansas loses

A good day :)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

St. John's is 0-11 in Big East play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Reed Nikko might be the worst big man at handling the ball down low and getting it to the rim quick enough to avoid being blocked 75% of the time.

And yet he's vitally important to Missouri because the freshman bigs have no chance of staying on the floor. Well Porter might now and then but if Tilmon manages to be available for 15 minutes without fouling out it seems like a good night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Kevin Puryear is so goddamn bad from the field

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol gently caress Duke

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Geist is such a little poo poo honestly.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It was nice stifling Kentucky, but it looks like the wheels are gonna come off this half

Maybe not? Threes falling this half for the Tigers

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 3, 2018

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky can't hit a basket. 0-12 from 3. Feel like I should be thankful they're only down 10.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

With the St John's season going to poo poo after a promising start its nice that at least they managed to kick Duke on their rear end to take away from this year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Did Kentucky not get their normal allotment of 1-and-done's this year or something?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Not sure why every team doesn't just relentlessly pressure Mizzou on the in-bounds, they've shown they are completely incapable of handling it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky can't hit a basket. 0-12 from 3. Feel like I should be thankful they're only down 10.

What are they shooting on the year? Because yeah, they can't hit a goddamned thing.

Don't worry, Missouri will do dumb things like having Jontay Porter try to bring the ball up the court and give up 10 second violations to hand this game over in the end.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Grittybeard posted:

What are they shooting on the year? Because yeah, they can't hit a goddamned thing.

Don't worry, Missouri will do dumb things like having Jontay Porter try to bring the ball up the court and give up 10 second violations to hand this game over in the end.

I don't know the numbers but a lot better than this. This is by far their worst showing of the season. Did finally hit a 3 though, so the streak lives.

Eltoasto posted:

Did Kentucky not get their normal allotment of 1-and-done's this year or something?

No. Only one who should consider it is Knox, but Diallo will go too. Maybe Gilgeous-Alexander if he keeps playing well, but he definitely didn't come in considered a one and done. Everyone else should be back.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm glad Michigan gets that sick homecourt advantage where their player is intentionally fouled 3 or 4x in a row and then they call a travel

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Both of these teams are so ridiculously stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol and of course a game tying three pointer afterward

• Locked thread