Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I got my concealed carry permit then immediately realized that guns are expensive and I don’t enjoy going to shoot them much less leaving the house

I was top500 in PUBG and I’m diamond in overwatch so I think I’ll stick to computer aiming instead

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Rhyno posted:

drat, is that all pre-chinesium Craftsman?

Most of it. There's like a 30 year span of models. I just took apart and cleaned and relubed the ratchets and i think the newest one was made in the 80's. could be wrong.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Hell, i'll give him a brand new one for $hipping

I'd bite but you probably just have the Ruger one. Monte-carlo style stocks have an extra block on top of the comb to raise your cheek higher. Yes, I know I could just glue a block of wood to a Ruger stock, but I want the stock to be one solid piece. Really, the only option I have to get exactly what I want is to make a stock from scratch and I'm just far too lazy to do that.

I could easily get what I'm after if I went with laminated wood, but I don't like the look of them.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

When I'm looking over the FOID card checklist and say, "well I never actually got hospitalized for my mental health last year," maybe it's a good idea to not keep a gun in my possession

In less depressing news, maybe new cars will stop having CD players https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8097929/best-buy-to-pull-cds-target-threatens-to-pay-labels-for-cds-only-when

My new one doesn’t.

Not to be dark but yeah if you have self awareness where eastbound access to a gun might not be good you are doing the right thing. Believe me I’ve been in some real low situations you just have to disassociate with that even being a possibility.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

i had a 85 for a while because im left handed and it was great to experience the mag release as intended

one of my friends from high school is the gun equivalent of a BMW fanboy and all about his HK ambidextrous blah blah collection but the price he paid is pretty ridiculous to have essentially the same thing and he doesn't even go to the range regularly. also is afraid to get scratches on them

he coulda bought a very fun used car instead for the same price :lol:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Are those legal for import because of the G8?

Also you say they aren't all that expensive, do you know what that actually sold for?

It's a conversion with G8 bits.

That one went for $33k which is a couple grand more than a similar G8 GXP

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Locator posted:

Gunchat.. I have an HK/Bennali M1 Super 90 that I haven't fired in more than a decade. Some AZ goon should take it off my hands and use it like it was meant to be used, destroying massive numbers of clay pidgeons in a very short period of time.

Tempting.....

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Alright, so I've been doing some thinking on this whole ban politics thing. It hasn't much felt right and in-line with how I want to run AI, and truth be told I got the idea from TFR anyways. I should be here to wipe up assholes and trolls, and that's about it.

Since it's been invoked it's caused way more drama than it's helped abate, and that's the opposite of what I wanted.

I trust y'all to talk about anything, and to be civil about it. Anyone threatening anyone else, or getting way too upset and villifying another person for their views, will still get what's coming to them. But we're all adults here at this point and I trust that y'all can handle it.

Thanks for being cool about it, friends.

Be Chill To One Another [especially about politics]

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What about poly-ticks? :laugh:

Good call, it'll help us to get away from gun chat.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If you're talking about a bunch of bloodsucking creatures I think are useless, sure. If however you're talking about insects, also okay.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Adiabatic posted:

Alright, so I've been doing some thinking on this whole ban politics thing. It hasn't much felt right and in-line with how I want to run AI, and truth be told I got the idea from TFR anyways. I should be here to wipe up assholes and trolls, and that's about it.

Since it's been invoked it's caused way more drama than it's helped abate, and that's the opposite of what I wanted.

I trust y'all to talk about anything, and to be civil about it. Anyone threatening anyone else, or getting way too upset and villifying another person for their views, will still get what's coming to them. But we're all adults here at this point and I trust that y'all can handle it.

Thanks for being cool about it, friends.

Be Chill To One Another [especially about politics]

I'm so claiming credit for this

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Does that mean Dave can be un-probated now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FREE DICK

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
All politicans are sub human scum that deserve gillotines and firing squads

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Does that mean Dave can be un-probated now?

No. Dave got probated because of mod sass.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm so claiming credit for this

I don't know what I'd do without you, somethingawful poster iwentdoodie.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

No. Dave got probated because of mod sass.

If Dave walked up to any of the rest of you and demanded a slap across the face as hard as you could... who would deny him that?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

If Dave walked up to any of the rest of you and demanded a slap across the face as hard as you could... who would deny him that?

As a bystander, I'd say that I couldn't decide which one of the parties was the most childish.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Good, no one needs a gun post with a capacity of more than 4 sentences, and don't get me started on bump fire emoticons.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Good, no one needs a gun post with a capacity of more than 4 sentences, and don't get me started on bump fire emoticons.
Do you think we can discuss UK politics without any of them understanding noticing?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

They'd think we were talking about a crappy sitcom, so yeah probably :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Do you think we can discuss UK politics without any of them understanding noticing?

Does anyone understand UK politics? Cause it sure seems like the politicians don't

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Does anyone understand UK politics? Cause it sure seems like the politicians don't

It's not hard to understand.

Everything is hosed

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

They'd think we were talking about a crappy sitcom, so yeah probably :v:
Ironic, given that the premier comedy about UK politics is Yes Minister, and it's brilliant.

iwentdoodie posted:

I did once. But now

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's not hard to understand.

Everything is hosed

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah that's everywhere in general.

Went and drove that ST today. Currently trying to justify its purchase to the wife.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Where's the pictures you tease? I have a baby Savage Mark 2 .22lr and everyone that shoots it loves it.

HIS & HERS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

HIS & HERS

LoL, do we have to guess?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

LoL, do we have to guess?

I think we all know my scope is longer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryrobots posted:

As a bystander, I'd say that I couldn't decide which one of the parties was the most childish.

Just give him the sweet Panther Piss soaked release he craves.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

I think we all know my scope is longer.

Well, it would have to be. Need all the magnification you can get, eh?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bajaha posted:

Well, it would have to be. Need all the magnification you can get, eh?

To see the end of it, sure.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Which one shoots farther :laffo:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
When I was 12 or so my friend and I shot a bunch of his older brothers' classic 9" GI Joes to shreds in his backyard using a .22 rifle of some make or model once, also a few He-Men. I still wonder how much ebay nerd nostalgia money was massacred that day.

That's my gun story, thanks for listening

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Locator posted:

I'm sure the grid girls aren't exactly ecstatic about losing the income.

Cause there's such a shortage of jobs for attractive women who want to get paid to look cute.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Here are two more stories about Lenny's that will make me and the people I've associated with look like total loving assholes. If you guys really hate these things, I won't poo poo up the thread with any more of them.

Christmas rapscallions:
The first Christmas party I went to there, was all of the properties, three hotels and three restaurants in the same banquet hall, and the Lenny's crew totally riff-raffed the place up. When we found out that our tables were going to be the last to get called for the buffet, a bunch of people said gently caress it, and went up when we goddam well felt like it. Booze flowed, drugs were partaken in, and rowdiness ensued. Bad karaoke, loudly cursing at each other from across the room, bad mouthing the guy who was in charge of all the properties (the company president or whatever). In fairness the guy probably deserved it. Pretty much everyone knew what he was like..... A fuckin dickshit. Near the end of the night, they were giving out "taxi chips" to people who'd had too much to drink and couldn't drive. HE was giving them out and had a handful of them, and when his cab showed up, his secretary got in (everyone knew they were boning) quickly followed by him. The least he could have done was throw them on the ground so people could pick them up, but instead they went back in his pocket and he hopped in the cab with a "SEE YA"! And told the driver to get moving. Fucker. The following year, all the other properties had a christmas party together and the Lenny's crew had a "special" christmas party, just for us at Applebee's. We pretty much deserved it since we made such a "good" impression the previous year, but like I said, we were kinda the rear end in a top hat of the company. We had the most fun though.

Soft ball, hard liquor. AKA Team Lenny's didn't give a gently caress

There was a softball tournament organized by one of the maintenance guys the second summer I was there. Both Montana's and Applebee's actually had teams in some local league, and played to win. Team Lenny's didn't give a gently caress. Booze was free. People had drugs. I was playing Shortstop and smoked a joint with the second baseman in the second, or third, or fourth or whatever the gently caress inning of one of the games. On the field. A bong was being passed around on the bench. We didn't even bother trying to be discrete about it. We didn't give a poo poo. A few of us showed up early and started drinking. We were half way to loaded before the first game even started. By the halfway point of that game, or somewhere around there, most of us were pretty much crippled. During one of the games, someone on team Lenny's made a good play or catch or something (the whole day is mostly a blur) and the nerdy manager started cheering and singing "who let the dogs out hoo hoo hoohoo" from the bench. Seriously, thats an awful song.... I screamed out from the infield "'GEORGE' SHUT THE gently caress UP YOU loving DICK WAD"!!! Everyone laughed, except him. Team Lenny's was drunk. Team Lenny's lost every game. Team Lenny's didn't give a gently caress.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

There is nothing entertaining or redeeming about these. Just the terrible "Lenny's" obfuscation feels like enough for a :frogout:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah they're pretty bad. Like not in a "holy poo poo you guys are insane" bad but a "why did I just read that" bad.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Maybe I'm out of place as a lurker, but is the only reason for posting those the fact that this is a general chat thread and there isn't another one in a more relevant forum?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You can really tell who's held up a sPorK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and who hasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

You can really tell who's held up a sPorK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and who hasn't

Please explain this to me as I have no idea what you're on about.

• Locked thread