Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Official Announcement: I will accept this image as a vote for Almas/Gargano in 2018 MOTY voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/959128160565694465
https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/959130403700400129

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too Many fucken marks in the business these days. *reviews custom 30-pound Wendy's chicken sandwich*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

too Many fucken marks in the business these days. *reviews custom 30-pound Wendy's chicken sandwich*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r73C0N8FDek

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Every time I see that Ciampa picture I imagine him making a Waluigi noise as he pokes Gargano. I have no idea why.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Goog posted:

Official Announcement: I will accept this image as a vote for Almas/Gargano in 2018 MOTY voting.

This is excellent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Draxion posted:

Every time I see that Ciampa picture I imagine him making a Waluigi noise as he pokes Gargano. I have no idea why.

CIAMPA IS THE WINNER! WAAAUUUGGHHH!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Haha, I love the idea that only the winner of the match gets to take credit for the match rating. Zelina rules.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m so glad NXT is back to being must see poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

CIAMPA IS THE WINNER! WAAAUUUGGHHH!

Please do not indulge that farce. We all know Waluigi is a lot more honorable than Ciampa.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m so glad NXT is back to being must see poo poo.

I'm sorry for ever doubting it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

projecthalaxy posted:

Good news theres this new wrestling league for people who dont like cool moves and want things to be "realistic" and not fun or exciting

www.ufc.com

Cool moves work. :crossarms:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/959616771127783424

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What a phenomenal takeover from start to finish. Seeing people lift kassius ohno is always a treat. AoP are too strong for this world. Extreme rules legitimately scared me. Shayna and ember both look like sincere and talented beginners.

I hope next takeover is a triple threat with ciampa added in.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Kylie has it. If you thought Evie and Bayley had natural lovability, you ain't seen nothing yet.

She could tighten it up a little in the ring but that's basically everyone on the indies anyway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a shame that Lovability is a poo poo-rear end gimmick to have and guarantees you will die.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Any gimmick in WWE can and will be booked to its death.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm going to start wrestling and have my gimmick be that my gimmick is really bad and confusing.

I'm hoping wwe will gently caress it up so badly that I'll end up being the next Hogan.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm going to start wrestling and have my gimmick be that my gimmick is really bad and confusing.

I'm hoping wwe will gently caress it up so badly that I'll end up being the next Hogan.

So you're just transitioning from posting to wrestling, huh.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Dias posted:

So you're just transitioning from posting to wrestling, huh.

I'll never be a good poster

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Isn’t there already a Bayley V2 in nxt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heard wwe still has an authentic original bayley stashed away somewhere

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
and his name is john cenaa

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I guess "bubbly loveable child-adult sweetheart" is just so oversaturated that i don't find it engaging. i'm the target audience for these things, because I'm a baby. Waaah, thje gimmick sucks!!!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I feel like Nick Miller has less personality now than when last we saw TM61.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DoctorDelaware posted:

I feel like Nick Miller has less personality now than when last we saw TM61.

He hasn’t been the same since he and Jess broke up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like every month I'm being convinced "No, THIS is the new Bayley"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
"No, THIS will be the adorable manic pixie dream girl that will get over huge on the main roster!!!"

:goes to main roster, is found wanting by Dunn and Vince, dies a slow death and is released 18-24 months later:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

None of the new crop have been asked to wear a mask so they have a slightly better chance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The first two names:

quote:

As previously reported on PWInsider.com, WWE will be holding tryouts at the Performance Center this week. We have confirmed the following names will be part of that tryout, which begins on 2/8:

*Austin Theory - Current top EVOLVE talent.

*Evan Cloyd - aka EVOLVE star Jarek 1:20.

*Nickolaus Barnes - An independent wrestler from Arizona and Utah who has worked in Great Britain for WAW.

*Alexia Nicole - A Canadian independent wrestler who has been wrestling since 2011 in both the Canadian and Detroit independent wrestling scene.

*Matt Van Buren - Former UFC and BELLATOR fighter.

*David Vieru - A former collegiate wrestler and football player from Oregon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sage Beckett (fka Rosie Lottalove) and Reina Gonzalez returned to NXT tonight at a house show. If you even remember who they are. I had to look them up because I forgot about both of them. All I remember about Sage is that she is offensively bad in the ring. Reina isn't much better either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're offended easily and arbitrarily.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

You're offended easily and arbitrarily.

Sage Beckett and Reina are both actual bad wrestlers though. Sage was in TNA for awhile, and all of her matches were really not good. I do remember with Sage is that she managed to legitimately injure people during her tryout matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/959911867127881733

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Sage Beckett and Reina are both actual bad wrestlers though. Sage was in TNA for awhile, and all of her matches were really not good. I do remember with Sage is that she managed to legitimately injure people during her tryout matches.

Sage was the shaman/witch person right? She was alright. I mean after the women's rumble reminded us of what WWE used to have my bar for offensive is way below Sage Beckett.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Sage was the shaman/witch person right? She was alright. I mean after the women's rumble reminded us of what WWE used to have my bar for offensive is way below Sage Beckett.

I think that was Rosemary or Daffney? Hell if I know. TNA has a ton of overlapping gimmicks. But in TNA, Sage was known as Rosie Lottalove. She was a fairly big lady. Trained by the Dudleys I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean in the MYC, I've never watched TNA.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

I mean in the MYC, I've never watched TNA.

Oh Sage didn't have a gimmick in the MYC, as far as I could tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOB4dSz6ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Speaking of MIA women Abbey Laith wasn't brought to NXT in Philly, the NXT Atlanta tapings nor wrestled tonight. Has wrestled in general in 3 weeks. I wonder if she's injured if not they seem to remain ice cold on her.

• Locked thread