Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Madurai posted:

The sickly-sweet aroma of marketing focus groups.

Of all the criticisms one could make of George Lucas, I don’t think “listens to focus groups” is among them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

DancinBrud posted:

Of all the criticisms one could make of George Lucas, I don’t think “listens to focus groups” is among them.

Solid gold.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There's still one return not in the trailer that I'd been hoping for

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

NTRabbit posted:

There's still one return not in the trailer that I'd been hoping for

I'm going to be sad if we never get to see Kalani again. :(

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Big Mean Jerk posted:

“Skyguy” and “Snips” were the absolute worst part of TCW.

I always liked "Snips" because it's a good demonstration of their relationship, but Ahsoka's "Skyguy" and "Artooie" yeah no

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

filoni stahp :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/959232175194308609

Also updated the OP with airing dates and (spoilered) titles for the rest of the season's episodes. View at your own peril!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cross-Section posted:

filoni stahp :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/959232175194308609

Also updated the OP with airing dates and (spoilered) titles for the rest of the season's episodes. View at your own peril!

Is that Kanaan in the reflection?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Song titles for the final episodes music arr out there if youre interested. Will include a link in a sec:
http://www.kinerbrothersmusic.com/starwarsrebels/

kanan's noble end :ohdear:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jerkface posted:

Song titles for the final episodes music arr out there if youre interested. Will include a link in a sec:

It's the Phantom Menace soundtrack all over again, though at least here it's not really surprising.

edit: Wait, that title isn't in the track list. Was it before and they changed it?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jerkface posted:

They're probably just taking about his butt

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's been quite a ride I must say.

Gonna be ... whats the word - not upset but just, something when it's all over.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Vintersorg posted:

Feeling a sense of closure?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopefully!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Vintersorg posted:

Wistful?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rebels has been better than every new era SW movie by far. I'm sad to see it go.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like we'll see whomever survives in other media. Probably not in the actual films, but comics and games.

So Sabine and Zeb might show up.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

They're really leaning into Hera being a big part of rebellion leadership in the various comic books. She's going to be in Doctor Aphra, and she was in one of the Forces of Destiny comics that takes place on Hoth, not to mention the cartoon, where she's on Endor (though I'm not sure how canon those are).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Moon Slayer posted:

They're really leaning into Hera being a big part of rebellion leadership in the various comic books. She's going to be in Doctor Aphra, and she was in one of the Forces of Destiny comics that takes place on Hoth, not to mention the cartoon, where she's on Endor (though I'm not sure how canon those are).

Under the Story Group, everything is equally canonical (unless it's a video game, or explicitly designated non canon; so the plot line of then Battlefront 2 campaign is canon, the multiplayer scenarios aren't, etc)

So Forces of Destiny is just as canonical as Rebels which is just as canonical as The Last Jedi.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Under the Story Group, everything is equally canonical (unless it's a video game, or explicitly designated non canon; so the plot line of then Battlefront 2 campaign is canon, the multiplayer scenarios aren't, etc)

So Forces of Destiny is just as canonical as Rebels which is just as canonical as The Last Jedi.

They're all equally canonical, in that they're all non-canonical because they were all released after George Lucas walked away from the franchise.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chickenwalker posted:

They're all equally canonical, in that they're all non-canonical because they were all released after George Lucas walked away from the franchise.

That's...not accurate. The Story Group is in charge of the continuity now. All the stuff I listed is also as canonical as A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, etc.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

That's...not accurate. The Story Group is in charge of the continuity now. All the stuff I listed is also as canonical as A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, etc.

Nope.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Chickenwalker posted:

Are you implying that nothing made after George Lucas sold the franchise to Disney is canonical or something?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lol he's just trying to stir up poo poo, y'all

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Some of us like to pretend the X-Wing series still takes place after RotJ instead of the Empire folding under a year

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

You seriously are absolutely incorrect about this. Unless some massive sweeping announcement was made in the last day or two, the Story Group Canon is the canonical depiction of Star Wars now.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

Lol he's just trying to stir up poo poo, y'all

Me? Naw.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If Ahsoka comes back...

...Filoni pls. PLS.

:cry:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

teagone posted:

If Ahsoka comes back...

...Filoni pls. PLS.

:cry:

Wouldn't that kind of cause issues for Vader's arc? The only thing that brought him back from the dark side was the conviction and belief his own son had within him. Nothing else could change him being space hitler, even his former apprentice. Vader is also way more powerful than Ashoka, so not killing her would be out of the question since she is both an enemy and one of the last things to remind of him of the thing he hates the most: Anakin Skywalker. Killing her is a big deal in showing just how far gone vader is down the path of the dark side.

Its the same problem as having a bunch of Jedi surviving order 66, it neuters the scale and power of the empire since Jedi are enemy number one for the sith and they should use every resource available to wipe them out unless they are hiding in bum gently caress desert and swamp worlds.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think its more a popular character doesn't have a definitive end. If it was clear she died fighting Vader so Ezra and Kanaan could survive, she would bee seen as dying as a noble sacrifice. But because it was ambiguous, fans have no closure.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MrJacobs posted:

Wouldn't that kind of cause issues for Vader's arc? The only thing that brought him back from the dark side was the conviction and belief his own son had within him. Nothing else could change him being space hitler, even his former apprentice. Vader is also way more powerful than Ashoka, so not killing her would be out of the question since she is both an enemy and one of the last things to remind of him of the thing he hates the most: Anakin Skywalker. Killing her is a big deal in showing just how far gone vader is down the path of the dark side.

I don't believe so. This is mostly wishful thinking/headcanon, but when Ahsoka struck Vader's helm, revealing part of Anakin's face, I felt a sense of regret in Anakin's voice when he called out Ahsoka's name, twice, as if she were able to break down Anakin's guard momentarily, revealing his internal struggle. The line "I won't leave you. Not this time." cleary had an effect on Anakin, but only for a fleeting moment until he recoiled back into his shell.

Part of me believes Ahsoka was able to best Anakin as the temple was collapsing, and in the end, they couldn't bring themselves to destroy one or the other because of their history, and ultimately they went their separate ways. There was a struggle dormant in Anakin that showed itself briefly, at least that's how I read it. And it's as you said, the only thing that brought Anakin back from the dark side was that Luke could sense that struggle in him, that he could still sense the good in him. I like to believe Ahsoka sensed that too, and that's why upon defeating him, she couldn't bring herself to end him.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I think Vader cut Ahsoka in half because he is a nasty and bad man.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

His thirst for youngling killing is never quenched.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vitamin P posted:

I think Vader cut Ahsoka in half because he is a nasty and bad man.

He's doing his best Buffalo Bill impression

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The First Thrawn comic came out this week, and from the previews, it will feature Rebels stuff as Pryce and Lothal are shown on one of the covers.

The funny thing is they're keeping his origin basically the same. He was exiled from the Chiss, was found by the Empire and the Emperor saw his potential so he put him in his service. He even talks about how Thrawn tried to get the Chiss to preemptively strike against the mysterious unknowns in the Unknown Region, which is while he was exiled. Though in the Legends stuff, that was the Yuuzhan Vong, which i doubt will ever be returned to canon. Mara Jade or Corran Horn are more likely than them. It also mentions he met Anakin during the Clone Wars, though that must have happened in a new comic or something because I don't think it was in Clone Wars?

Preview for Mondays episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR5p6yj166s

Obviously spoilers.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

The First Thrawn comic came out this week, and from the previews, it will feature Rebels stuff as Pryce and Lothal are shown on one of the covers.

The funny thing is they're keeping his origin basically the same. He was exiled from the Chiss, was found by the Empire and the Emperor saw his potential so he put him in his service. He even talks about how Thrawn tried to get the Chiss to preemptively strike against the mysterious unknowns in the Unknown Region, which is while he was exiled. Though in the Legends stuff, that was the Yuuzhan Vong, which i doubt will ever be returned to canon. Mara Jade or Corran Horn are more likely than them. It also mentions he met Anakin during the Clone Wars, though that must have happened in a new comic or something because I don't think it was in Clone Wars?

Thrawn meeting Anakin is probably going to be covered in the next Thrawn book

Most likely be vaguely placed somewhere within TCW so they don't have to give exact dates, but fans are gonna pore over every little detail and determine which week of the Clone Wars they met and gripe about continuity as a result

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm glad we know Hera gives him poo poo for that terrible haircut.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

Preview for Mondays episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR5p6yj166s

Obviously spoilers.

Basically everything you said about the comic is in the new EU Thrawn book, so I don’t know why you find it funny. Though I’m guessing then you didn’t read the book. The comic is an adaptation of that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It’s worth noting that Thrawn could still be referring to the Vong. They were set for an appearance in S7 or 8 of The Clone Wars, after all.

I’m personally waiting for them to reconcile that mysterious threat in the Unknown Regions with the First Order also getting started out there; seems like those two things would be connected.

• Locked thread