Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thanks babe.

In genchat news I was punched by my first patient at the hospital job today. Right in the chin. No biggie but it's been awhile since I felt that immediate "I will gently caress you up" repercussion-adrenaline. I didn't, of course, but took awhile to calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Thanks babe.

In genchat news I was punched by my first patient at the hospital job today. Right in the chin. No biggie but it's been awhile since I felt that immediate "I will gently caress you up" repercussion-adrenaline. I didn't, of course, but took awhile to calm down.

Were they on drugs? That's generally one of the few times that patients get violent per my ER nurse sister, that or disorientation.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ilkhan posted:

Not mentioned by those laughing at the tweet: she only paid $5 a week in fed income taxes before the cuts. Can't reduce what was already nearly zero.

The Meijer employees were talking when I was there this morning and one woman said that she was $12 extra. Yeah, suck it Dems, she got twelve whole dollars extra in her pay.

We'll all be rich.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Had been in the hospital for more than three days by this point, was cleared for some condition they came in with and was awaiting discharge. I think it was just old mental health problems combined with extended homelessness. Without a doubt the angriest person I have ever met but I still sit there with a smile and am like "Can I get you anything?" while he mutters "loving fucks goddamn idiots can't even get me loving brown sugar for my oatmeal I'M NOT AN ANIMAL WHY DON'T I HAVE UTENSILS you goddamn lying sacks of poo poo" 100% of the time.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sounds mentally ill :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, absolutely.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So my brother’s FiL who got knocked over and hit his head, had two internal bleedings in his brain and underwent emergency surgery, has decided to not die and is in fact doing better. His wife got on the first flight from loving Auckland to Copenhagen and is with him now.
He’s been transferred on to a more rehab’y hospital.

Still haven’t been fired. I’ll know by mid-week. If I get sacked and useless incompetent dude gets to stay I’ll be quite cross indeed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wrar posted:

Who? Paul Ryan or the patient that punched MGS?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

edit: nm

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 4, 2018

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
So who's excited for the Super Bowl? I hate sports myself

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Who? Paul Ryan or the patient that punched MGS?

Yes.

At least the US government hasn’t managed to dump two filing cabinets full of state secrets into a loving second hand shop like the aus government did last week. That would be hilarious if it wasn’t so loving stupid....

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Door Frame posted:

I use superb owl Sunday as an excuse to make chicken wings and whatever else sounds good and eat until I am sick.

Now, NHL playoffs? Every game is an event for me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ferremit posted:

Yes.

At least the US government hasn’t managed to dump two filing cabinets full of state secrets into a loving second hand shop like the aus government did last week. That would be hilarious if it wasn’t so loving stupid....

The barrier to entry for governing is so, so low you guys.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Door Frame posted:

Lii is a superb owl truly worthy of the title and he is my friend

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Door Frame posted:

Time for me to throw out the TV remote so that poo poo isnt put on in the office

quote:

Now, NHL playoffs? Every game is an event for me.

I'm going to see if I can get to a game while I'm in Canada in March. I barely understand whats going on but hey, apparently you dont need to be drunk to have a good time

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Door Frame posted:

Not a sports person, but it means lots of deliveries, which translates into more money in my pocket.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Time for me to throw out the TV remote so that poo poo isnt put on in the office

I'm going to see if I can get to a game while I'm in Canada in March. I barely understand whats going on but hey, apparently you dont need to be drunk to have a good time

it's like football except faster paced and the only massive difference is how offsides work

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Not mentioned by those laughing at the tweet: she only paid $5 a week in fed income taxes before the cuts. Can't reduce what was already nearly zero.

it's a completely tone deaf comment to make in the first place, and you should understand that

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's also ironic because Paul Ryan deleted the tweet, unable to defend it - but his boys will still defend it to the death even though "reduce what was already nearly zero" is exactly what the GOP is constantly fighting to accomplish for the tax rates of their wealthy donors

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hockey live is awesome. It and baseball are the only two NA sports that are actually better live. If you have a bare grasp on, say, soccer then you won't have much of an issue.

Even if you don't, the atmosphere is great and watching giant dudes go faster than they have any right to while also slamming into people and moving a tiny object in the blink of an eye is loving amazing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I can't wait for them to drag Prince's bloated, rotting corpse across the stage during halftime.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Wrar posted:

I worked in a hospital. Sounds like a typical patient.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Had to go to the grocery store, because we needed groceries. gently caress the Super Bowl, and the ten million people who decided they needed more poo poo for their Super Bowl cow down. My fault for not thinking it out completely, and going, like, Friday.

So, on a completely different topic from any of the above, you may recall me bitching about my washing machine on Monday. Got the used good control unit in on Saturday, and installed it. Everything powered up, and it started filling when I did a test empty load, until it started beeping at me and displaying a code "H F". Researching that, its an error regarding water flow/fill. Either the flow meter was not detecting flow, or the pressure sensor that detects "full" wasn't after the flow meter saw 10.5 gallons. Pressure sensor quick tests showed good, and water was definitely flowing, so time to check the flow meter... that my ,Odell does not have, but the model the control unit and front panel came from does. Problem found. So off to eBay to get a used flow meter, and the wiring harness for the model with one because I don't have the plugs needed. Another $15, but should be good to go after that, unless that higher spec model has even more parts that mine doesn't have. All the functions on the dial are selectable, and I'll run the factory diagnostic on it later today. Currently sitting in a laundromat washing clothes though, because we've been down without a washer over a week.
So, cautiously optimistic.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We went to the Korean market and dodged 90% of the last minute superb owls that’d be clogging up Kroger

Plus now we have pocky and rice crisps and all kinds of fish cakes and pickled, uh, things

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'm watching the Super Bowl for the express purpose of watching the WeRateDogs 3 second commercial.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Had to go to the grocery store, because we needed groceries. gently caress the Super Bowl, and the ten million people who decided they needed more poo poo for their Super Bowl cow down. My fault for not thinking it out completely, and going, like, Friday.

So, on a completely different topic from any of the above, you may recall me bitching about my washing machine on Monday. Got the used good control unit in on Saturday, and installed it. Everything powered up, and it started filling when I did a test empty load, until it started beeping at me and displaying a code "H F". Researching that, its an error regarding water flow/fill. Either the flow meter was not detecting flow, or the pressure sensor that detects "full" wasn't after the flow meter saw 10.5 gallons. Pressure sensor quick tests showed good, and water was definitely flowing, so time to check the flow meter... that my ,Odell does not have, but the model the control unit and front panel came from does. Problem found. So off to eBay to get a used flow meter, and the wiring harness for the model with one because I don't have the plugs needed. Another $15, but should be good to go after that, unless that higher spec model has even more parts that mine doesn't have. All the functions on the dial are selectable, and I'll run the factory diagnostic on it later today. Currently sitting in a laundromat washing clothes though, because we've been down without a washer over a week.
So, cautiously optimistic.

Hope this solves it!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Today 3 of my coworkers and myself almost got hit on 4 different occasions by unaware drivers pulling out of the grocery store parking lot down the block from our restaurant. It's going to be a good week for body shops

Adiabatic posted:

I'm watching the Super Bowl for the express purpose of watching the WeRateDogs 3 second commercial.

Where did their money come from? Is this real?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

People put a shiba inu meme on a NASCAR, dude. I don't doubt it for a second.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Made it in and out of Costco in under 20 min today, wasn't that bad imo.

Ribs going on the smoker soon!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

Today 3 of my coworkers and myself almost got hit on 4 different occasions by unaware drivers pulling out of the grocery store parking lot down the block from our restaurant. It's going to be a good week for body shops

There was a kickstarter. I think it costs $100k per second. I dunno if they are actuslly doing it or not but I am hopeful.

e: random rear end gizmodo jank

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 4, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m making burgs with kimchi and gochujang I’m gonna die it’s so drat good

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Thanks for this. After watching the Puppy Bowl and having my wife scouring pet adoption places, now it's another cool doggo thing to watch.

Dogs are so much better than people.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I don't care about sports at all and I don't understand hockey, but I went to a hockey game once and enjoyed it. I wasn't even drunk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
RUDE.

Sportsball sure is exciting tonight.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Sportsball sure is exciting tonight.

Unlike your posting

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Unlike your posting

My posts are always exciting. Anyone else gonna stay up and watch this Cloverfield thing that I somehow forgot that Netflix bought?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I discovered a way to link my BT speaker in the room with the new patient I'm sitting with (they swapped me from punchy's room, obv) and we watched the new Thor. First time the patient has smiled all day, worth it even if it's a by-the-numbers Marvel movie.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

My posts are always exciting. Anyone else gonna stay up and watch this Cloverfield thing that I somehow forgot that Netflix bought?

Probably not. Is it the same thing as straight to DVD if it's a netflix exclusive movie?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Rhyno posted:

I dunno, will they continue to cut away from the action every time something happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Sports ball doesn't have enough cars. And too much....boring.

• Locked thread