Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Probably not. Is it the same thing as straight to DVD if it's a netflix exclusive movie?

Lots of Netflix exclusive stuff is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Went exploring and managed to find a spot without people or trash to play with the bang sticks. Girl even wanted a turn with the big bad AR! :v: (she admitted to having a ton a fun with it despite instantly hating the 1911)

Some real sketch moments getting there in my FWD crossover but overall a really fun day.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Rhyno posted:

Lots of Netflix exclusive stuff is incredible.

Yeah you right. Wonder what happened to the Cloverfield movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah you right. Wonder what happened to the Cloverfield movie.

Polygon story says they paid a lot for it. It was originally intended for a theatrical release. Speaking of Netflix: Altered Carbon is pretty good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Counterpoint: Altered Carbon is bad. Don't watch past episode 6.

In the middle: Bright was Very Okay. I enjoyed it and will watch it again but if it weren't on Netflix it would be one of those movies that is curious and innovative just enough to play on repeat on TBS or AMC all day every day three years after release.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

In the middle: Bright was Very Okay. I enjoyed it and will watch it again but if it weren't on Netflix it would be one of those movies that is curious and innovative just enough to play on repeat on TBS or AMC all day every day three years after release.

Yeah that's how I feel about it. That they didn't just license Shadowrun and do the racial stuff properly is a big bummer.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Also if anyone likes Black Mirror, that Electric Dreams jank on Amazon Prime is super similar.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure it was developed independently and late bought and added to the Cloverfield universe. They did the same thing with 10 Cloverfield Lane and I really liked that one so I'll give this one a shot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

I'm pretty sure it was developed independently and late bought and added to the Cloverfield universe. They did the same thing with 10 Cloverfield Lane and I really liked that one so I'll give this one a shot.

That film so super good. John Goodman is the best bad guy.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The Cloverfield movies are so goddamn bad. I expect another poo poo ending and not much substance.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Of late, my parent's porch cat has been acting like he wants inside and tonight when my folks got home from Florida the little poo poo was there waiting for them.

Cue my mother calling me to drive over there in really poo poo road conditions (seriously, I play fast and loose with the skinny pedal but anything over 50km/h was fishtail city).

Cue me having to quickly prep a room for a new houseguest/potential resident:

Don't worry little buddy, tomorrow after I schedule a trip to the vet to get your literally massive balls chopped off I'll get the spare bedroom feral cat ready.

I've never had a more uneventful trip with a cat in a car, he made zero sound, let me pick him up, put up only the most minor of struggles getting into the cat carrier, and moments after that picture was taken he was all "you're gonna pet me now, right?"

Poor guy's covered in flea bites too, that spot between his ear and eye in the picture is where the worst of it is and it looks like he might have some minor frostbite on his ears.

I really was planning on spending my next paycheque on a round of shots, neuter, and anti-flea poo poo (for three animals because my dogs will need it too)... Thanks universe.

E: Obv gonna have him chip checked just because his behaviour is startlingly housecat already, but given that he's whole and flea-bitten, I think Egon is gonna be a chill as gently caress 4th resident of this household.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 5, 2018

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Adiabatic posted:

Also if anyone likes Black Mirror, that Electric Dreams jank on Amazon Prime is super similar.

I haven't seen black mirror yet, but I did just watch the first few episodes of electric dreams. I liked it, but it really feels like they don't do anything significant with it. There's no real subversion of the audience's expectations. They set up an interesting setting or concept, and then you go "ok i get it" and then it is over. Usually they set up for an obvious thing to happen, it happens, then they don't do anything profound with it. Supposedly black mirror is a little bit better about that, from what I've heard? I have prime but not netflix, so I can't directly compare them.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ran some errands tonight, enjoying the lack of traffic for the most part. Except the part where because it's nice outside, people are watching the game in their garages... and setting up those neon yellow SLOW CHILDREN signs literally in the middle of the road.

If it hadn't been my sister's street I probably would've run it straight over.

Also took four tries to find an open restaurant for dinner, goddamn.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Went exploring and managed to find a spot without people or trash to play with the bang sticks. Girl even wanted a turn with the big bad AR! :v: (she admitted to having a ton a fun with it despite instantly hating the 1911)

Some real sketch moments getting there in my FWD crossover but overall a really fun day.
Nice.

We did the indoor range thing today. Could only stay a short while, but put 50 rounds through the Sig, 50 through the Shield, and 150 or so through the 10/22. Gotta do something about the scope on the 10/22, shooting way low even at max adjustment. Wonder if I screwed up the barrel install. Doubt it, but maybe....

Also riding motorcycle over Donner summit just after dark in ventilated gear is no fun and I probably shouldn't have done it. Shivers are *almost* gone now that I'm in a hot bath.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also took four tries to find an open restaurant for dinner, goddamn.

Yeah this I don't get. Time was every place under the sun was open for potential super bowl crowds. Now unless you have 100 goddamned tvs they just close up. The place we planned to go had no mention of special hours on their FB or even the front door.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
The littlest (just turned 9mos) was sick last week/week before and I used those late nights to slam through punisher. So good, imo. Now I have to go watch daredevil season 2. Damnit.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ilkhan posted:

Nice.

We did the indoor range thing today. Could only stay a short while, but put 50 rounds through the Sig, 50 through the Shield, and 150 or so through the 10/22. Gotta do something about the scope on the 10/22, shooting way low even at max adjustment. Wonder if I screwed up the barrel install. Doubt it, but maybe....

Also riding motorcycle over Donner summit just after dark in ventilated gear is no fun and I probably shouldn't have done it. Shivers are *almost* gone now that I'm in a hot bath.

Yeah we didn't shoot all that much, spent most of the day just exploring random trails to see where they went since neither of us have ever been down this particular turn off. Shot 50 out of the 1911, maybe 30ish from the Single 6 and 100 out of the AR. We knew we had a 3-4 hour crawl back out and didn't want to not be back at the interstate by sundown. Nothing ruins your fun day like hitting that one tire popper you didn't see with halogens.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Rhyno posted:

Speaking of Netflix: Altered Carbon is pretty good.

Read the trilogy years ago, anyone that's read it tell me how the show compares?

Adiabatic posted:

Electric Dreams is honestly pretty good, and is better taken as a whole 10 episodes than a ep by ep thing like Black Mirror. Best comparison is like reading an author-anthology short stories book, some are bad, some are REAL good, and some are in the middle, but you get a feel of the stories the author though were good, but not meaty enough to turn into whole novels.

Also guys, netflix-chat go watch Mindhunter, it's real good.

E:

Beverly Cleavage posted:

The littlest (just turned 9mos) was sick last week/week before and I used those late nights to slam through punisher. So good, imo. Now I have to go watch daredevil season 2. Damnit.

The only likable thing about that whole show, and particularly that season, is Vincent D'Onfrio's bombastic poo poo as the Kingpin, in particular a scene with a prison table. In fact if there was a show that was just Foggy and Karen representing the Kingpin in court and the out of court antics I would watch that in a heartbeat.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 5, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Yeah this I don't get. Time was every place under the sun was open for potential super bowl crowds. Now unless you have 100 goddamned tvs they just close up. The place we planned to go had no mention of special hours on their FB or even the front door.

To be fair the first three places we tried all had zero TVs, but still.

The place we went to had some, but was still largely dead. Ended up watching just enough of the game to see Brady collapse.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Dannywilson posted:

The only likable thing about that whole show, and particularly that season, is Vincent D'Onfrio's bombastic poo poo as the Kingpin, in particular a scene with a prison table. In fact if there was a show that was just Foggy and Karen representing the Kingpin in court and the out of court antics I would watch that in a heartbeat.

I'd heard dd-s2 was pretty meh, but the punisher aspect was semi-worthwhile, so I held off after finishing s1, which I enjoyed.

But having the extra background into punisher might have been nice, since there is definitely some character crossover going on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

To be fair the first three places we tried all had zero TVs, but still.

The place we went to had some, but was still largely dead. Ended up watching just enough of the game to see Brady collapse.

The place we were going to has two enormous projector screens and two dozen tvs about the place. Still not sure why they closed. I chatted with a buddy still in the service industry, he bartends at one of the most popular sports bars in town and he said they had maybe 30 people.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

The place we were going to has two enormous projector screens and two dozen tvs about the place. Still not sure why they closed. I chatted with a buddy still in the service industry, he bartends at one of the most popular sports bars in town and he said they had maybe 30 people.

No one cared about the game. There were so few customers, I got sent home from my restaurant job before half-time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

No one cared about the game. There were so few customers, I got sent home from my restaurant job before half-time

See that doesn't track either, this is a place that is always slammed on Sunday night. I'm just puzzled.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BraveUlysses posted:

Made it in and out of Costco in under 20 min today, wasn't that bad imo.

Ribs going on the smoker soon!

I too smoked ribs today for the super bowl. The ribs were delicious. No idea about the game though because I don’t care about football. As someone said before not nearly enough cars in the game to care.
The Bathurst race had the most exciting finish out of all the sports this weekend.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Door Frame posted:

Delivery wasn't that busy tonight either, it was a pretty normal Sunday. Had one triple, the rest was all singles.

I expected to get hit with a bunch of orders from Buffalo Wild Wings. Not only did I not get a single order from them (pretty rare in itself), I only had 2 orders all night that had wings. Didn't get pinged to any of my regular pickup spots except for one, kept getting sent to ones I normally go to once a week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Delivery wasn't that busy tonight either, it was a pretty normal Sunday. Had one triple, the rest was all singles.

I expected to get hit with a bunch of orders from Buffalo Wild Wings. Not only did I not get a single order from them (pretty rare in itself), I only had 2 orders all night that had wings. Didn't get pinged to any of my regular pickup spots except for one, kept getting sent to ones I normally go to once a week.

There was a pretty big wing shortage going on so that might have played into it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Speaking of Netflix stuff, if anyone missed Narcos, go give it a watch. First season's way better than the second, but S2 is still very good.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

There was a pretty big wing shortage going on so that might have played into it.

Eh... I usually hang out in BWW's parking lot between orders when it's slow, since they're right in the middle of a bunch of restaurants we pick up from (puts me within 10 minutes of ~200 restaurants). They were packed.

Hooters (across the street) was packed too; usually get a couple of orders a day out of there (usually burgers), but nothing today.

(there's one particular suburb I try to stay in when working... they have more restaurants per capita than any other city in the US, according to the town website)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know most places had signs up and notices that you had to have you SB order in like 2 weeks ago to guarantee you'd get them. Kind of hilarious that this SB was the biggest wet fart and nobody even cared in the end.

We got any Philly goons? I saw some fires being posted. Hope none of that poo poo ruins your day.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think we can all rest easy, knowing that the Crocodile Dundee movie was fake

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rhyno posted:

We got any Philly goons? I saw some fires being posted. Hope none of that poo poo ruins your day.

https://twitter.com/KurtKohlstedt/status/960373931310854144

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's wonderful.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As many people live in Philadelphia as live in the entire state of Indiana. I'm sure somewhere in Indiana RIGHT THIS MINUTE someone is being arrested. (not one of your friends, though)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

As many people live in Philadelphia as live in the entire state of Indiana. I'm sure somewhere in Indiana RIGHT THIS MINUTE someone is being arrested. (not one of your friends, though)

Oh no, I'm sure someone I know is being arrested.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Prince lights were CGI and Justin Timberlake was better in The Lonely Island videos ten years ago. What a lovely foosball event.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The game was good but the halftime show was definitely the result of a lot of odd decisions.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Raluek posted:

I haven't seen black mirror yet, but I did just watch the first few episodes of electric dreams. I liked it, but it really feels like they don't do anything significant with it. There's no real subversion of the audience's expectations. They set up an interesting setting or concept, and then you go "ok i get it" and then it is over. Usually they set up for an obvious thing to happen, it happens, then they don't do anything profound with it. Supposedly black mirror is a little bit better about that, from what I've heard? I have prime but not netflix, so I can't directly compare them.

Electric dreams is all based off PKD stories so seems pretty par for the course

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hrrrrmmm.... So since my graphics card upgrade fell through, ive decided to hold off until the next generation of stuff trots out from Nvidia... and since im doing a massive trip through Central Aus in July... Im kinda toying with buying a photography drone...

Just trying to decide whether the DJI Mavic Air is worth the $600 premium over the DJI Spark or not... Imma gonna be one of those people who annoy the poo poo out of everyone around me with a drone!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My laptop's mSATA SSD took a crap, so I took the excuse and upgraded the entire laptop:

https://valid.x86.fr/3c1x1r

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

32gb of ram in a laptop? i'm still rocking 8 in my main rig.

• Locked thread