Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/bXZureS.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

God bless you

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://giant.gfycat.com/FondEquatorialGrosbeak.webm

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 23, 2021

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

I'm betting there's a bunch of people who can't get to their coins or money with a VPN now.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

The American Markets are stronger anyways.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
If we break the green trendline, it plummets IMO. If not, we bounce back to the red line.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alpha Mayo posted:

If we break the green trendline, it plummets IMO. If not, we bounce back to the red line.

Oh yeah I saw a really interesting paper on this in the International Journal of Complete Bullshit I Just Made Up.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

After extensive technical and fundamental analysis I have concluded bitcoin is going to :10bux:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Ham Sandwiches posted:

i think the worst thing about this whole ride is the bitcoin morons who have now started speaking in finance lingo despite not having a loving clue what they're talking about
I think it's hilarious that people get this mad that there are other human beings, alive on this loving planet, doing something that they don't approve of and talking about it in the wrong way

"Trading worthless pogs AND using the wrong words! PIECE OF poo poo" :ssj:
who's mad?
gonna go out on a limb here... the all-caps guy with the years-long victim complex is mad?

Neukoln19 posted:

lmfaoooo

awww

total bullshit. someone was trying to tell me if it went up 556% and then went down 100% it would be worthless but it would totally still have 456% left! do the math people!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

this is probably good for bitcoin somehow

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh yeah I saw a really interesting paper on this in the International Journal of Complete Bullshit I Just Made Up.

Link?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Is this gonna be Toxx 2.0 dont do it alphamayo, think of your family

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Alpha Mayo posted:

what subreddit did you get this from?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Wassbix posted:

Is this gonna be Toxx 2.0 dont do it alphamayo, think of your family

green line is new top support.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alpha Mayo posted:

green line is new top support.

I take it we're crashing again? That recovery didn't take long.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

$300 away from the lowest point of the previous crash, i.e. before the enormous and almost certainly fraudulent pump

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1400 btc of buywall at 7500 gone.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Thanks, reddit

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

lazorexplosion posted:

Thanks, reddit

I could be a winner, but it's a guarantee that i can be a loser. I go with whatever odds are best.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I have seen things. Don't ask me how. My dreams can be cryptic.

The destruction of fiat has already begun in earnest, but we're only in the 1st inning. The next 10 years will be characterized by the destruction of the USD, and the rise of the Chinese yuan backed by gold.

Gold and crypto are the two twin pillars that will destroy fiat. Thanks to crypto we're looking at a resurfacing of a global consciousness and desire for a non-state backed currency, harkening back to the days of a gold-backed money supply. Throughout history, empires have risen and fallen. The strongest empire's currency has always been the choice reserve currency of that era, but as an empire grows complacent and the government officials decadent, so does the temptation to debase their currency. The privilege of being the reserve currency globally gives them a sunset period of 20-40 years as the inevitable decline happens. It all began when Nixon took the USD off the gold standard.

Both China and Russia has been quietly accumulating gold over the past 10 years, restricting exports and increasing imports of gold. China is the world's largest oil importer and is in the process of switching over from paying for oil in USD to yuan, and redeemable into gold. The ramifications are massive. Increasingly the world is turning back on the US and its currency.

China is clamping down on cryptocurrency heavily as it interferes with their grand plan: they plan to shock the world in 2019 by announcing that they will go back to a partial gold-backed standard. Not fully-backed due to constraints in monetary policy advised by their Chinese economists, but sufficiently so such that the world gains confidence in the yuan and central banks globally begin selling their USD in earnest from the current 60%+ weighting, demoting it to a 30%+ weighting in favour of yuan as it dawns on them the USD might have just lost its reserve currency status. In this chaos, as we see across all regime changes, central banks begin buying gold in earnest. Other countries respond by backing their currency with gold as well. China becomes the new global superpower.

Thanks to this, the gold price will move to all-time highs and start trading above $2k in 2019. This will see the beginning of a gold rush we've never seen before. Old and institutional money begins to pour into precious metals; new and speculative money pours into cryptos. Cryptos enter into a final blow-off-top a year later not unlike the 2000 tech top in 2020. Bitcoin crashes 70% from $1m to $300K. As this happens, the whole world goes all-in into gold and yuan as the new safe havens as this is simultaneously accompanied by a major sell-off across both equities and bond markets. The rout will not stop till the mid 2020s. Gold is now trading at $7k/oz and silver at $200/oz. In fact, gold, as is most asset classes, are no longer quoted in USD but yuan. Africa begins to wield significant influence in the global political arena with South Africa leading the charge, due to their massive gold holdings and gold mines.

The year is 2025. In the depths of a recession even more severe than the one we saw in 2009, the US government reveals they have been accumulating bitcoin since 2018, and have built a sizeable position of 500,000 BTC (equivalent to $250b with BTC trading at $500k). This sparks the re-birth of a new bitcoin bull run as the other central banks announces they too, now hold some BTC. Many central banks, especially the resource-poor countries who never saw the rebirth of gold coming, begin accumulating BTC as well. Many now fear Russia and China's dominance in the gold market. Despite gold being a decentralized store of wealth, the natural geographical distribution has made many other resource-poor countries bitter, and an unspoken alliance began taking shape as central banks secretly accumulate bitcoin. Countries begin to publicly denounce gold, even as gold ownership is quickly being transferred into the blockchain. Gold prices fall after entering a blow-off top in 2027.

Bitcoin begins to climb until it reaches a "demand equilibrium" with gold. By 2030, bitcoin is valued at $2m+ and represents a significant percentage of the global money supply and gold has fallen to $4k/oz. By the 2030s+ the world has transitioned to a fiat system that is completely transparent. All countries' reserves in both bitcoin and gold are publicly trackable on the blockchain. While fiat continues to live on, governments in the aftermath of the early 2020s recession now have learnt fiscal prudence and bond yields actually reflect market-priced default risk depending on a country's money supply vis a vis the value of the bitcoin and gold their central bank holds.

The economy never really recovered from the recession in the 2020s. Artificial intelligence had taken over most of the economy's jobs, and the wealth inequality continued to widen as more and more wealth accrued to owners of capital. The crash in the equity markets at the turn of the decade had also wiped out a generation's savings and therefore willingness to spend - the millennial investors who had gleefully piled into FAANGs as everyone turned euphoric into the last days of the stock market bubble. Deflation began to set in as the boomers started dying in record numbers, and consumer spending ground to a halt as nobody except the elites and the crypto-rich had any money to spend. By the late 2020s governments realized that a form of universal basic income was necessary or the economy would never recover, but a redistribution of wealth was not going to be possible. Countries came together and decided that a new UBI currency would be created, in direct proportion to the amount of bitcoin and gold each country owned. With every single individual having their own unique identity stored on the blockchain, this was easy and transparent to implement. This ultimately paved the way for a global common currency in 2030. Gold began to lose its shine.

By the mid 2030s, we entered a golden era for the human race as the wealth inequality came back down to levels unseen in the past 500 years. Productivity reached a new high, assisted by mature technologies that first appeared in the 2010s. Significant life extension, space exploration, nanotechnology, then the uploading of the human consciousness ...

In 2040, we encountered the Singularity.

edit: pardon the grammatical and language errors, but i wanted to catch all the details before the vision fades. it comes and goes.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
And somehow the numbers got pumped up to 8000 from 7800 without reason.

joats fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 5, 2018

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Powershift posted:

1400 btc of buywall at 7500 gone.

it's hilarious watching the "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" walls last precisely as long as anyone actually nibbles away at them, to then disappear and pop up $100 lower

notes from those far off days of Thursday and Friday

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Double Bill posted:

$300 away from the lowest point of the previous crash, i.e. before the enormous and almost certainly fraudulent pump

So good time to buy before the next inevitable pump. :)

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

lazorexplosion posted:

I have seen things. Don't ask me how. My dreams can be cryptic.

The destruction of fiat has already begun in earnest, but we're only in the 1st inning. The next 10 years will be characterized by the destruction of the USD, and the rise of the Chinese yuan backed by gold.

Gold and crypto are the two twin pillars that will destroy fiat. Thanks to crypto we're looking at a resurfacing of a global consciousness and desire for a non-state backed currency, harkening back to the days of a gold-backed money supply. Throughout history, empires have risen and fallen. The strongest empire's currency has always been the choice reserve currency of that era, but as an empire grows complacent and the government officials decadent, so does the temptation to debase their currency. The privilege of being the reserve currency globally gives them a sunset period of 20-40 years as the inevitable decline happens. It all began when Nixon took the USD off the gold standard.

Both China and Russia has been quietly accumulating gold over the past 10 years, restricting exports and increasing imports of gold. China is the world's largest oil importer and is in the process of switching over from paying for oil in USD to yuan, and redeemable into gold. The ramifications are massive. Increasingly the world is turning back on the US and its currency.

China is clamping down on cryptocurrency heavily as it interferes with their grand plan: they plan to shock the world in 2019 by announcing that they will go back to a partial gold-backed standard. Not fully-backed due to constraints in monetary policy advised by their Chinese economists, but sufficiently so such that the world gains confidence in the yuan and central banks globally begin selling their USD in earnest from the current 60%+ weighting, demoting it to a 30%+ weighting in favour of yuan as it dawns on them the USD might have just lost its reserve currency status. In this chaos, as we see across all regime changes, central banks begin buying gold in earnest. Other countries respond by backing their currency with gold as well. China becomes the new global superpower.

Thanks to this, the gold price will move to all-time highs and start trading above $2k in 2019. This will see the beginning of a gold rush we've never seen before. Old and institutional money begins to pour into precious metals; new and speculative money pours into cryptos. Cryptos enter into a final blow-off-top a year later not unlike the 2000 tech top in 2020. Bitcoin crashes 70% from $1m to $300K. As this happens, the whole world goes all-in into gold and yuan as the new safe havens as this is simultaneously accompanied by a major sell-off across both equities and bond markets. The rout will not stop till the mid 2020s. Gold is now trading at $7k/oz and silver at $200/oz. In fact, gold, as is most asset classes, are no longer quoted in USD but yuan. Africa begins to wield significant influence in the global political arena with South Africa leading the charge, due to their massive gold holdings and gold mines.

The year is 2025. In the depths of a recession even more severe than the one we saw in 2009, the US government reveals they have been accumulating bitcoin since 2018, and have built a sizeable position of 500,000 BTC (equivalent to $250b with BTC trading at $500k). This sparks the re-birth of a new bitcoin bull run as the other central banks announces they too, now hold some BTC. Many central banks, especially the resource-poor countries who never saw the rebirth of gold coming, begin accumulating BTC as well. Many now fear Russia and China's dominance in the gold market. Despite gold being a decentralized store of wealth, the natural geographical distribution has made many other resource-poor countries bitter, and an unspoken alliance began taking shape as central banks secretly accumulate bitcoin. Countries begin to publicly denounce gold, even as gold ownership is quickly being transferred into the blockchain. Gold prices fall after entering a blow-off top in 2027.

Bitcoin begins to climb until it reaches a "demand equilibrium" with gold. By 2030, bitcoin is valued at $2m+ and represents a significant percentage of the global money supply and gold has fallen to $4k/oz. By the 2030s+ the world has transitioned to a fiat system that is completely transparent. All countries' reserves in both bitcoin and gold are publicly trackable on the blockchain. While fiat continues to live on, governments in the aftermath of the early 2020s recession now have learnt fiscal prudence and bond yields actually reflect market-priced default risk depending on a country's money supply vis a vis the value of the bitcoin and gold their central bank holds.

The economy never really recovered from the recession in the 2020s. Artificial intelligence had taken over most of the economy's jobs, and the wealth inequality continued to widen as more and more wealth accrued to owners of capital. The crash in the equity markets at the turn of the decade had also wiped out a generation's savings and therefore willingness to spend - the millennial investors who had gleefully piled into FAANGs as everyone turned euphoric into the last days of the stock market bubble. Deflation began to set in as the boomers started dying in record numbers, and consumer spending ground to a halt as nobody except the elites and the crypto-rich had any money to spend. By the late 2020s governments realized that a form of universal basic income was necessary or the economy would never recover, but a redistribution of wealth was not going to be possible. Countries came together and decided that a new UBI currency would be created, in direct proportion to the amount of bitcoin and gold each country owned. With every single individual having their own unique identity stored on the blockchain, this was easy and transparent to implement. This ultimately paved the way for a global common currency in 2030. Gold began to lose its shine.

By the mid 2030s, we entered a golden era for the human race as the wealth inequality came back down to levels unseen in the past 500 years. Productivity reached a new high, assisted by mature technologies that first appeared in the 2010s. Significant life extension, space exploration, nanotechnology, then the uploading of the human consciousness ...

In 2040, we encountered the Singularity.

edit: pardon the grammatical and language errors, but i wanted to catch all the details before the vision fades. it comes and goes.

please tell me you didn't actually write all this horseshit

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I stole it from reddit. But only because I believe every word of it and want the credit for calling it.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

33 upvotes

a bit long on the laudanum really

oh for a man from Porlock

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Am I wrong in assuming there is an original of this gif that is not reversed?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Am I wrong in assuming there is an original of this gif that is not reversed?

It was on the page before the one I posted that on.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://tinyurl.com/yb795x4j

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Music video link?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42940728

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/914520/Bitcoin-price-LIVE-falling-latest-ripple-ethereum-blockchain-lloyds-bank-credit-card

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

gonna keep this playing while I watch the bitcoin charts

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Music video link?

oh sorry

https://tinyurl.com/ybut7kh5

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
“I think it could get stuck at this price due to regulations and lack of scaling,” he said—though he provided a much more optimistic view for an end-of-year goal if Bitcoin can successfully navigate its short-term woes. “Once regulations are in place and if scaling is achieved, then $50,000 or more by December 2018 could be feasible.”

“Bitcoin has now experienced a correction period that has lasted as long as most of the previous correction periods. From history, it may now take us most, perhaps all, of February to climb back to the all-time high,” Raphael Rottgen, partner and head of research at Q2Q Capital, said. “Once we surpass the all-time high, history tells us that the price may rally 50 percent [or higher] before going into another consolidation period.”

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

serious question, does anyone know how to actually access a stream of the blockchain transactions programmatically?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
It's good worldbuilding exercise if you're a novelist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Worth noting the banks are banning use of credit cards, not debit cards. So you can still use your own money, just not the bank's one, assuming you have money.