Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

My sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Life, uh, finds a way.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Happyimp posted:

Reverse racism is when someone thinks they are being benine, but it are actually being malicious; race wise. Like when that white blind side lady gave those black kids money at the McDonald's, thinking that since they were black they must be poor. She then had a photo op afterwards. Those kids were super confused. Another example is when a white person tells another one to not say the n word In their head they think they are being noble; but subconsciously they just dont want to be beat up.

How do you feel about political correctness?

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Who What Now posted:

Or, you know, they genuinely think racism is wrong.

Lol, you got into a defensive stance quick. I didn't say all white folk. That makes no sense. Just my example of reverse racism. There really are people that don't say offensive things just because, deep down, they feel like they will get physically attacked. Not because they care about the other folk.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Oh, gently caress you, I just got it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Happyimp posted:

Lol, you got into a defensive stance quick.

Huh?

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

How do you feel about political correctness?

The only thing that I have learned about political correctness is that Everyone Gets Laid.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Happyimp posted:

Lol, you got into a defensive stance quick. I didn't say all white folk. That makes no sense. Just my example of reverse racism. There really are people that don't say offensive things just because, deep down, they feel like they will get physically attacked. Not because they care about the other folk.
Political Correctness does very basically boil down to "talk poo poo; get hit."

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Aw, no :(

It's always PYF.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Can't they just bring it back with a different background image?

It was a really good stream, I listened to about two hours of it the other day while I was cleaning.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

She's just plane nuts

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

shes cosplaying as the archer waifu

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And suddenly it all makes sense.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Nurse Fanny posted:

Is that a ghost?!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

Is that a ghost?!

It's an A.I. projection

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mitsuko Miyazumi is the virtual girlfriend/wife of Krieger. Like Joi from Blade Runner 2049 but 6 years earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfVCTGrOVXE

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nurse Fanny posted:

It's uncanny

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

We Know Catheters posted:

It's an A.I. projection

:thatwasaquote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ35744TBbw&t=224s

Trauma Dog 3000 has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Feb 6, 2018

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Like, I enjoy that channel as much as everyone else here, it's perfect for when you're cleaning or working and stuff, but y'all realise that there's dozens of these on YouTube, right?

Just search for lofi hiphop.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

"Wait, was that the same footage?" always gets me

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

spog posted:

You'd be lucky to get an over-the-clothes handjob.

No, coz, it's her name, you see?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Burt Reynolds was the perfect guest star for Archer.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gorilla Salad posted:

I just wanted you to know how amazing it is that anyone can make it to 2018 and not know what any of those terms mean. That takes some loving effort, man.

Like, genuine wedge your head up your own arse to block out the world effort.

The forums are lucky to have Two Feet From Bread here to defend the poor, oppressed straight, white man.

One might even say, it's your burden.

Words mean what people think they mean.

Racism = power + racial prejudice
Racism = racial prejudice

If a lot of people think the second definition is true, then it is a true definition of the word as it is really used, even if that is not the academic definition.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Randaconda posted:

He shows up as himself in Saint's Row The Third too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Racism is when you want to gently caress.a race horse. Or a car.

It may not be the best definition, but there is some truth in it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Facebook Aunt posted:

Words mean what people think they mean.

Racism = power + racial prejudice
Racism = racial prejudice

If a lot of people think the second definition is true, then it is a true definition of the word as it is really used, even if that is not the academic definition.

The majority of people who think it's the second definition over the first are whackjob assholes angry about the concept of affirmative action, and their opinions don't count.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

benine

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They act benine because they don't want to be beten.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Who What Now posted:

The majority of people who think it's the second definition over the first are whackjob assholes angry about the concept of affirmative action, and their opinions don't count.

Er, the whole 'racism=power+prejudice' is extremely new, originated from academia for the purpose of social studies conversations, and was never meant for use in the wild. Racism can and does exist without power, especially given the idea of 'power' is vague and fluid. Actual expressions of that racism are another story.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Would you kindly debate and discuss racism somewhere else? Like, say, in the forum for exactly that?

E: or, at least, if you must do it here, then be very funny at the same time

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

What? Where do you think average people are even hearing academic definitions? As a kid I learned about racism from Diff’rent Strokes, The Jefferson's, and All in the Family. Very firm "racism is bad" message there, but not a lot of formal definitions.

Everybody implicitly understands what racism is (even if they are wrong) so probably not many people look it up. But if they did look it up: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/racism?s=ts Nothing there to indicate power is an essential component.

Pulling a "Well, actually :smug:" doesn't make you more correct.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Inescapable Duck posted:

Er, the whole 'racism=power+prejudice' is extremely new, originated from academia for the purpose of social studies conversations, and was never meant for use in the wild. Racism can and does exist without power, especially given the idea of 'power' is vague and fluid. Actual expressions of that racism are another story.

Oh poo poo, you gonna get a red text like Phanatic now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hyperlynx posted:

Would you kindly debate and discuss racism somewhere else? Like, say, in the forum for exactly that?

E: or, at least, if you must do it here, then be very funny at the same time

Sorry.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

This still makes me cringe like hell, not only because of the obvious implication that only white is "normal", but also because of the cheap font & design, the fact that all the kids look like weird goblins and that whoever did that only had the best intentions. Classic case of Fremdschämen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

System Metternich posted:

This still makes me cringe like hell, not only because of the obvious implication that only white is "normal", but also because of the cheap font & design, the fact that all the kids look like weird goblins and that whoever did that only had the best intentions. Classic case of Fremdschämen

It's from Cracked.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That makes me even angrier because I don't like jokes, as I believe my posting history shows.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

That makes me even angrier because I don't like jokes, as I believe my posting history shows.

:thejoke:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everything on the internet... is real.

Makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Randaconda posted:

tru