Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Meltzer on WOR says Lars has a knee injury and a health issue & will be back next week.

is this another case of not knowing what's actually up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I could care less either way about Austin Theory. I just hope someone pays him enough to buy new tights.

he got new gear!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

oatgan posted:

he got new gear!

this was probably the best storyline of 2017

sure as hell the best one in wwn

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

darby had a good arc

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

he got new gear!

Thank god.

I haven’t watched since they went off floslam

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

is this another case of not knowing what's actually up?

Honestly not sure. Thought it was a lot more personal, not an injury and longer term.

Updated: I do believe Meltzer's report is accurate. The other health issue Meltzer is referring to should be up to Lars to publicly disclose himself. It isn't anything sleazy or embarrassing or anything like that. NXT and Meltzer are doing the right thing but keeping it private. Common courtesy and all that.

Journeymen wrestlers can have a lot to teach don't get me wrong but this seems like a lame choice
https://twitter.com/WWEDevCentral/status/961086716663676928

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 7, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Who is Cody Hawk? I honestly have never heard of him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Who is Cody Hawk? I honestly have never heard of him.

Trainer of Sami Callihan, Eli Drake, and Dean Ambrose.

http://cody-hawk.net/?page_id=30

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

idk is it any worse than hartley jackson who just finished a stint

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/961290601432891392

Maria might have a shot at getting signed as she's so different. A weird hodgepodge of feminine and masculine characteristics. Hard to describe her as she keeps changing her appearance and hasn't really figured herself as a wrestler or person yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Mandy trying to trick them into giving her a second paycheck?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm not convinced we need Natalya circa OVW 2007.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Today in NXT talents are giant nerds outside of the ring:

https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU/status/961295053124784129

Kairi looted the anime box that Funimation sent another talent, and that's all that remains.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
I love this hype about WWE signing Evolve talents, as if we're suppose to think the bigger names are signing when it's probably just these guys like Dickinson, Jaka and Kyle the Beast.

Let's go down the list. Keith Lee clearly wants to join New Japan. ZSJ alreadyn turned down WWE and works for New Japan. Fred Yehi and Darby are gaining more traction on the indies. Riddle is doing what he's doing and makes big money. Thatcher also turned them down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shut up Roque

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

speak freely roque

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So based on roque's track record, Keith Lee, Fred Yehi and Darby are going to be joining NXT?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KTB is a big name

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They better let him keep the name if he does sign, it's way too cool.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

So based on roque's track record, Keith Lee, Fred Yehi and Darby are going to be joining NXT?

Yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hell, with that record, I guess ZSJ and Riddle are coming too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gabe please keep wwe away from darby until he wins the title in a very emotional moment for me, personally

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Keith Lee is a superstar with amazing talent and charisma. Can't wait until Vince makes him Funkasaurus #2!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big Keith Lee is coming to bring anime to the kids, and no one can stop him

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, with that record, I guess ZSJ and Riddle are coming too.

Only if smoking weed is still allowed under the Wellness Policy.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Germansimp posted:

Only if smoking weed is still allowed under the Wellness Policy.

Well seeing as how the policy is only enforced if you make someone in the office mad at you then yeah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Well seeing as how the policy is only enforced if you make someone in the office mad at you then yeah

Or if you do the synthetic stuff.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Hey!! There is an episode of TV on!! I turned off curling for this!!! TUE vs Sanity in a 6-man tornado tag is your main!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm rooting for norway to come back here

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

i'm rooting for norway to come back here

usa/russia* seemed like a done deal for the us unless there's a swerve

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the fake conference staging is as bad as raw/smackdown/205's recent focus on selfie promos is good

a rare misstep here

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

norway stole it on the last throw!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the spoilers did not mention that this match would loving bang

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want Gargano to be champion but I don't want Almas to not be champion :(

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Rarity posted:

I want Gargano to be champion but I don't want Almas to not be champion :(

Clearly, they must pin each other simultaneously, and be hateful, unlikely co-champions.

WWE, you can just back the truck full of money onto my lawn.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Just hotshot the tag team championship to gargantuan and his partner of the month forever

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What do people think is Dain's ceiling on the main roster? TV main events kinda like Samoa Joe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ED74ZkOBw

Haven't been this sad about a NXT tag team break up since:

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 8, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Updated: I do believe Meltzer's report is accurate. The other health issue Meltzer is referring to should be up to Lars to publicly disclose himself. It isn't anything sleazy or embarrassing or anything like that. NXT and Meltzer are doing the right thing but keeping it private. Common courtesy and all that.

The Observer:

quote:

He’s had some problems with the knee that he had reconstructive surgery on and there are also issues with his pituitary. He had surgery a few years ago, after coming to WWE when they found out his look and freak size was due to acromegaly, the same thing guys like Andre, Antonio Silva, Giant Silva, Great Khali, The French Angel and Choi Hong-man all had which led to their larger than life features like giant hands and giant feet and there were some issues relating to the surgery. He’s expected back training very shortly

Lar's condition makes him wide open for Cancer and other gnarly health issues too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Tino Sabatelli baby face redemption arc is going to be the 2018 story of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Show got the surgery when he was still quite (comparatively) young, right? Which is why he never really developed the oversized features like Andre the Giant had?

• Locked thread