Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kevin or Sami?
This poll is closed.
Kevin! 0 0%
Sami! 3 18.75%
THE BIG DOG! 13 81.25%
Total: 16 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CarlCX posted:

The saddest part of being a Rusev fan is knowing it will never actually be Rusev Day, no matter how much of the work he does for them.

Creative has nothing for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Get rid of these loving text graphics, Jesus Christ

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

PUNCHLINES

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
zooooooom

PUNCHLINES

god its really bad, huh

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Randy Snoreton and Bobby Snooze for tag champs. WWE nap patrol.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is WWE trying to understand memes

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Jerusalem posted:

No kidding
How much are they being paid for this?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Why is there text on the screen during promos?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

this is the gently caress you for getting over smackdown I guess?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the words on the screen completely break the illusion that these are the wrestler's thoughts and that they are not reciting from a script

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe saw all the screenshots people took of EAT BALLS and didnt really get it but still went for it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

PASS THE MASH posted:

"all you have to do is get over with the crowd and then we'll just make you lose to some boring dudes a bunch"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Gable and Benjamin are dead in the water now, huh.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

"all you have to do is get over with the crowd and then we'll just make you lose to some boring dudes a bunch"

It's their fault for getting over when they weren't supposed to (which is the DUMBEST way this company could view things).

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

happy birthday konnor :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

the words on the screen completely break the illusion that these are the wrestler's thoughts and that they are not reciting from a script

Seriously, it reminds me in a bizarre way of that old WCW show where they were having a hardcore match hitting each other with "metal plates" and the commentator (Schiavone) pipes in with,"Oh by the way those don't hurt!"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

It's their fault for getting over when they weren't supposed to (which is the DUMBEST way this company could view things).

Cornette had the best retort: he was talking about wrestlers that get released when creative has nothing for them, and he’s like “shouldn’t the creative person get fired instead of the wrestler, since this so called creative person can’t do their job?”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, it reminds me in a bizarre way of that old WCW show where they were having a hardcore match hitting each other with "metal plates" and the commentator (Schiavone) pipes in with,"Oh by the way those don't hurt!"

What? :psyduck:

I mean, I remember the "this wasn't on the run sheet" and "HE'S SHOOTING" stuff. But never something that exposed the business this badly.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fart blood posted:

Cornette had the best retort: he was talking about wrestlers that get released when creative has nothing for them, and he’s like “shouldn’t the creative person get fired instead of the wrestler, since this so called creative person can’t do their job?”

I heard him say this as well and 100% agree. WWE creative is so hosed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PASS THE MASH posted:

Have a good match and then be part of an angle that is probably setting up a multiman US Title Ladder match for mania?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It's a shame the Ascension never really get a chance to do anything. They seem solid in the ring.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Le Saboteur posted:

It's a shame the Ascension never really get a chance to do anything. They seem solid in the ring.

They’re not that good really. And they’re too small to do the Road Warrior gimmick on the main roster.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E's shirt mysteriously having more holes each segment is great :lol:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao i love how xavier and big e are always stanning for kofi.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i hope kofi gets a world title run one day

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Decades from now, Big E will be remembered not only as a pro wrestler but as the inventor of over a hundred new uses for the humble pancake

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Le Saboteur posted:

ehhh they're pretty bleh in ring. Nothing horrible but nothing notable either.
Still sucks how they got buried though. gently caress JBL.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Baron Corbin posted:

i hope kofi gets a world title run one day

They should have kept that push on him when he went after Orton and Legacy (holy poo poo that was a long time ago)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i hope sami wins, we've seen ko vs aj enough times already.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Are they really giving them like a 25 minute match to end the show?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/961062301813030912

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shiksa posted:

i hope sami wins, we've seen ko vs aj enough times already.

Plus KO and AJ don't have the best chemistry (which is really unfortunate :smith:)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

would honestly 100% prefer a list of daniels top 10 things he saw this week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my loving God Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao

"btw ziggler's back"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahahaha

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just loving let Ziggler go already.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

dolph won the US title, vacated it, left for like a week, came back at #30 in the rumble, lost, left for like another two weeks, and now he's gonna lose to baron corbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Le Saboteur posted:

Just loving let Ziggler go already.
Inexplicably, creative always has something for him.

• Locked thread