Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My buddy’s dog had a singular puppy in her litter and we’re going to go visit him on Saturday (and probbo take him home)

He’s a big boy for a 9 week old :3: :3:

That dog is already fed up with being photographed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That dog is already fed up with being photographed.

He’s apparently a big ole sleepyhead

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gimpsuitjones posted:

Yeah but my use involves backcountry hiking so as lightweight as possible is ideal

That’s a concern of mine too- a friend of mine has had DJI drones for a while now and offered me his Phantom 3 advanced with the fly more pack for $1000... the phantom is a much better photography platform than the smaller drones, but they’re also significantly bigger and don’t fold up so they’re a way bigger pain in the arse to packing it in the 4wd vs the mavic air, which you can fold up and fit in a jacket pocket, but is it worth the extra $500 for that convenience?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ferremit posted:

is it worth the extra $500 for that convenience?

Yes. The reason I don’t use my I1 much at all is 100% because of space needed and setup time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
To add another YouTube recommendation even if it isn't really similar at all to what has been posted so far since it is about pop music and its history, it is presented in the way that the best YouTubers do it in:

Todd in the Shadows, especially his One Hit Wonderland series. You have to have a basic interest in music but it's good poo poo.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
ELon is saying center one ran out of gas and couldn’t slow down only 100 meters
From drone ship

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They have already said it had a rapid unscheduled disassembly upon landing

I dont think anyone at SpaceX cares tho right now....

Do you need a windows key my friend?

Yeah, watching the live conference. Center core re-lit the outer two engines but not the center, so it crashed at approx 300mph into the edge of the drone ship/water and took out 2 of the 4 engines on the droneship. Stay safe OCISLY :ohdear:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh man, if only there was good video of that. Shame it happened but they'll learn from it I guess.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't think anyone has posted these but these are some of the channels I've been watching lately:

Gaming Historian is neat if you like classic video games.

Noriyaro is an Australian guy in Japan who films lots of cool car stuff, mostly drifting.

Games Done Quick GDQ is a biannual event where people play video games as fast as possible. Some of the runs are really fun to watch. It's something watching someone breeze through a game that gave you hell as a kid.

Metal Jesus Rocks More classic game content. He has a lot of buying guide and recommendation videos if you're looking for something new to play.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My buddy’s dog had a singular puppy in her litter and we’re going to go visit him on Saturday (and probbo take him home)

He’s a big boy for a 9 week old :3: :3:

DOOOOOO EEEEEEEEET!!!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Take the eggs puppy, TT.

Also, just secured an apartment in anticipation of school!

Second floor, corner apartment of corner building, north side :smug:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They have already said it had a rapid unscheduled disassembly upon landing

I dont think anyone at SpaceX cares tho right now....

Fails the broomstick test.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Take the eggs puppy, TT.

Also, just secured an apartment in anticipation of school!

Second floor, corner apartment of corner building, north side :smug:

Nice. Probably about 10 minutes from my office, and it's pretty great to be that close to where you'll need to be every day for school. That will save you so much time and stress.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I went out to Playalinda with some classmates, we were there at 6am when the gates opened so we got a sweet parking spot near the pads.

That rocket? loving incredible. Everpresent crackling, just lurched its way off the pad and into the sky. Shame about the center core but it put on a hell of a show.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress no. No no no. Linus Tech Tips is Tech Cancer, the guy is a drooling moron that RAID-5'ed a RAID-5 array and then was shocked when it crashed and he HAD NO BACKUPS. I don't care if he's doing it ironically, nearly every time I watch his videos I want to vomit and scream.

ok

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Enourmo posted:

Shame about the center core but it put on a hell of a show.

As I understand it SpaceX wasn't all that concerned about the core landing. If it worked, cool. If not it was a big whatever. The primary focus was the deployment and MTO burn.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've been pissing out my rear end for the last few hours. Feels like death.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Maker Of Shoes posted:

As I understand it SpaceX wasn't all that concerned about the core landing. If it worked, cool. If not it was a big whatever. The primary focus was the deployment and MTO burn.

Just getting past the tower was a hell of an achivement.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I really haven’t been following what do NASA dudes think or say if anything about SPACEX?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

everdave posted:

I really haven’t been following what do NASA dudes think or say if anything about SPACEX?

I'd guess they're jealous as hell of SpaceX actually having funds.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

wallaka posted:

I'd guess they're jealous as hell of SpaceX actually having funds.

SpaceX actually has quite a fair bit less money. The issue is the dickhead allocations and pork barrelling attached to NASA funds

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Guys if you like stoner metal at all, you should be listening to Mothership:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljOpWcO9Gbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzjDgU0vbOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2gr5JhvUhY

Also, The Sword put out a new single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpWhtoW3j4

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Powershift posted:

poo poo's about to go down up, yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c

17 minutes to launch.

loving radical. I hope Zaphod grabs a couple of the cameras when he steals the Tesla so we can watch him driving the shores of Santraginus V.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I hate to continue the saga of drunk dave but I just had to leave my neighborhood bar because two women were getting seriously enraged that I would not talk to them. I said ma’am I just want to hang out and not talk. Oh man please let this not start being a thing. Why won’t you talk what do you do for fun none of your biz. I am ensconced in this bar for 20+ years it is just like wtf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

I hate to continue the saga of drunk dave but I just had to leave my neighborhood bar because two women were getting seriously enraged that I would not talk to them. I said ma’am I just want to hang out and not talk. Oh man please let this not start being a thing. Why won’t you talk what do you do for fun none of your biz. I am ensconced in this bar for 20+ years it is just like wtf.

Are you unusually attractive?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Are you unusually attractive?

I mean I wouldn’t kick myself out of bed but I don’t know desperate times and all

Edit: no not at all I’m drunk remember

Edit 2: my 9 year old cat is now trying to sleep in the litter box b/c I have loud music on is this normal or has she gone full retard

everdave fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 7, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DIY recreates Wheelers Dealers.

It's.. it's beautiful.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
For a brief moment in time, the Telsa Roadster page on wikipedia listed the car's maximum speed as 11km/s. It's been edited back now but it's there in the revision history.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

everdave posted:

NASA is a significant source of SpaceX funding.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 7, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

5" of unplowed snow here. This was the first time I took the Escalade out with fresh 255/70-18 all terrain tires on. Man, that thing is beastly. I've driven a lot of cars with snow tires, but the weight and size of that truck, combined with the thick knobs of the tires and an LQ9 pulling it... It was fun. :D

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Need to go into Boston for an Dr appointment during the storm today. Thy said they are open so I am going to stick the truck in 4x4 and take it slow. Of course what this means is someone in a civic will over cook it and smash into me.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
The highlander never truly disengages traction control. I'm sad about this. I picked up a pair of lightly used nokian snow tires. It gets the business done, but traction control severely limits the fun factor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Beverly Cleavage posted:

The highlander never truly disengages traction control. I'm sad about this. I picked up a pair of lightly used nokian snow tires. It gets the business done, but traction control severely limits the fun factor.

You can't do the hold-button-down Toyota dance?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
The info display is less than helpful, and it looks like there might be more that I'm missing. But I'll have to play around with it some more.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Beverly Cleavage posted:

The info display is less than helpful, and it looks like there might be more that I'm missing. But I'll have to play around with it some more.

If its anything like my Toyota's its some dumb poo poo like "hold TC button down until it shows disengaged, then keep hold while you turn the key off, then back on".
I'll have to look it up again but its possible, just annoying. With that being said, the TC is loving magical at keeping one on the road.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
What fun is an open differential anyways? My tundra certainly isn’t with all its electronic aids switched off.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I consider myself a safe driver, yet last night as I was crossing a street I crossed without realizing that the distance between me and a car coming from the left was shorter than I thought, and it was kind of a close call.

I made a mistake, but I shouldn't still be beating myself up over it, right?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

epic bird guy posted:

I consider myself a safe driver, yet last night as I was crossing a street I crossed without realizing that the distance between me and a car coming from the left was shorter than I thought, and it was kind of a close call.

I made a mistake, but I shouldn't still be beating myself up over it, right?

No.

We make all make mistakes. The important part is that you realised you weren't driving safely and (hopefully) you'll be paying more attention in the future.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
As long as the mistakes aren't common, I'd say. We can't always be super attentive and mistakes will happen, we're human. But, if the bigger, scarier mistakes are being made every other week or so, maybe you need to focus on becoming a better driver

Ugh, I need to start getting ready for Valentine's Day, but I already proposed for Christmas, so I have almost no money and no idea what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

I mean I wouldn’t kick myself out of bed but I don’t know desperate times and all

Edit: no not at all I’m drunk remember

Edit 2: my 9 year old cat is now trying to sleep in the litter box b/c I have loud music on is this normal or has she gone full retard

Was there anything exceptional about them? Or just old bar maids? I had this kind of poo poo happen all the time back when I worked at the bar.

• Locked thread